A Bit of the Past

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Merry Christmas!

My gift to You: An update!

 

Chapter 40: A Bit of the Past

 


|Recap|

 

“Did you grab the keys off the door?” he asked, looking down at my empty hands.

“Huh?”

. . . . My eyes widened and Jiyong looked at me confused.

“Where are they? I left them hanging on the door.”

“Uh . . .” I awkwardly looked down and Jiyong sighed, putting the box down on the ground. We both walked over to his door to find the lanyard of the key hanging from the outside, but the actual key had flung backward into the door as I closed it. The key was locked inside the house. How the hell does that actually happen?!

Jiyong looked over to me, speechless. I didn't dare look up from the ground.

“Are you serious?”

 

 

|Dara's Perspective|


I stayed silent as I heard Jiyong sighing.

 

           “How the heck did you pull that one off?”

            “Magic?” I said quietly, peeking up at him through my hair. “I'm sure you can call a locksmith or something and they'll come fix it for you. I'll even pay . . . don't be angry at me~” I said the last part with a bit of aegyo and pouted while nudging his arm. He looked down at me and just rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

            “I'm not angry,” he paused and sighed, “It's just a nuisance to wait around for the guy to come and fix it.”

            He reached into the pocket of his jeans to get his phone to call the locksmith, but it wasn't there. He checked his other pocket and even his sweater pockets, but it wasn't anywhere on him. He looked towards the door.

 

 

 

“Really?” he said with slight annoyance in his voice.

 

“What's wrong . . .” I asked quietly.

 

“I left my phone inside.”

 

 

 

            He looked like he was getting angrier. I didn't want him to get really mad at me or just angry in general so I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the stairwell.

 

 

 

“Let's head back and you can call the locksmith from CL's apartment.”

 

 

 

|Chaerin's Perspective|

 

 

 

            Jiyong and Dara were taking longer than I thought they would. I had made some nachos and placed them down on the table as I waited for them. Maybe they were having trouble finding the pictures. Jiyong was usually pretty organized, so it seemed odd that they would be taking this long. I looked back over to the nachos. The glorious smell was wafting towards my nose and making me salivate. I was super hungry and hadn't eaten much today. I reached out to pick one chip up but stopped myself. I can't start eating without them . . . I'm not that much of a pig.

 

 

 

            I leaned back in my chair and waited another 5 minutes. I stared at the nachos and watched as the melted cheese was slowly starting to get cold and solidify. What a waste...if nobody starts eating it now, it'll go bad... I reached out and picked up one chip. It was covered in cheese, tomatoes, green onions, sour cream, jalapeno peppers...my mouth was watering again. I brought it up to my mouth when the door opened and Dara and Jiyong came in. I practically whipped the chip back onto the rest and lifted the plate up.

 

 

 

“Nachos?” I tried to say with an innocent face.

 

 

 

Jiyong shook his head. “Not at the moment, thanks. Can I borrow you phone?”

 

 

 

            I nodded and placed the plate back down on the table and pulled out my phone. I handed it over to Jiyong while he started dialling. Dara was still standing near the door looking guilty. I had no idea what for, but she looked like she felt pretty bad.

 

 

 

“. . . yeah my keys got locked inside my apartment. Yes....Yes, I know I was surprised, too....” I could hear parts of Jiyong's conversation.

 

 

 

            He got locked out? I looked back to Dara who saw me looking at her and she quickly turned away to look in the other direction. Well, I've found the source of the problem.

 

 

 

“...Tomorrow? Um, there's no possible way to get it fixed today?....Okay...Yes...That's fine...Thank you.” Jiyong ended the call and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

 

 

“Alright, what did she do?” I asked bluntly.

 

 

 

            Dara flinched over by the door. Jiyong laughed and sat down on the couch beside me. He started explaining how Dara managed to shut the door so perfectly that the key hanging on the door had swung inside and got locked inside the house. The whole time, I was trying to hold in my laughter. Yup. Definitely soun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter