History Project Night

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: History Project Night

|Narrator's Perspective|

            Jiyong and Dara walked silently together towards Dara's house. He knew the way very well since he lived there but he didn’t want to mention that . . . well, not yet that is.    
            They continued walking down the street having small conversations now and then. Dara was starting to feel very uncomfortable and hated the fact that CL had ditched her. She was glad though that Jiyong would make an attempt every now and then to talk.

            On the other hand, CL and her partner Henry were silently following Jiyong and Dara from a good distance.

~

            "CL, Why are we-"
            "Ssshhhh! Do you want us to get caught? Plus, I can't hear them" she whispered.
Henry gulped and didn’t dare speak a word for the next few minutes. He simply trailed along behind the scary CL.
 

~

            Jiyong glanced up at Dara's apartment and then glanced back at his own which was just across. He smiled and followed Dara who took him to the 11th floor. Dara had started to have normal conversations with Jiyong once again. They were talking about some of their classes and Dara unlocked the door and opened it slightly but as Jiyong was about to enter, Dara blocked the door.

            "Hold on for a second" she said as she ran in and slammed the door shut. Jiyong even heard it lock. Dara frantically ran around the room cleaning and picking up whatever she had thrown on the floor for the past few weeks. Stuffing them all in her closet, she did another quick glance around her apartment. Everything looked. . .decent.

            Jiyong heard the door unlock and he smiled at her when he noticed she was slightly out of breath. 'Girls' he thought. Upon entering, Jiyong glanced around the room. It was a pretty comfortable setting for a girl like her.

            "No parents?" he asked her curiously. "No, they live in North Vancouver because of business so they couldn’t stay here with me" she told him. Jiyong nodded and placed the stuff they had just bought from the dollar store on the coffee table. "I'll make us some coffee so we can get ourselves going for tonight" Dara said from the kitchen. "That would be nice" he told her as he walked towards the large window in her living room. He noticed he could see his curtains from here and below he could see what might be CL's apartment. For a minute, he thought he saw something strange there, but it disappeared right away.

            "Dara," Jiyong called.
            "Hmmm" Dara answered as she moved closer.
            "Don’t you get scared living here alone" Jiyong asked.
            "Rar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter