Baby Good Night

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23: Baby Good Night

 

|Chaerin's Perspective|


            I placed my foot on Rialto Bridge and glanced up at the sky. The air was chilly, and the sky was dark—just the way I liked it. The stars shimmered above reflecting on the white buildings, as the gondolas slowly swayed back and forth on the sides as the water pushed up against them.
           

            It was quiet at night, during the day there would be so many tourists here that it would be impossible to take your time to relax and take in everything. Now, though, I could hear the sounds of leaves rustling, the water moving, and the breathing of the man beside me. He squeezed my hand in confirmation and I looked up at him. Simon had requested that we go out here at night. He personally wanted it to be just the two of us here at night, because he knew how much I loved this place.   
            "Shall we" he said as we glanced at the bridge.
            "We shall" I smiled.


            We both stepped on the bridge and started walking across the brick path. Once we reached the middle I turned towards the middle of the canal and leaned against the railing. I felt Simon's body heat radiate on me from behind as he placed his arms around me. When I turned to take a glimpse at Simon the floor below me started to shake making me lose my balance. Suddenly, brick by brick the floor of the bridge started to give away.
 

             I screamed and pulled at Simon to run with me to the other side, his eyes enlarged in fear as we started running. My eyes were tightly gripping on Simon's hand, and when we finally reached the other end I let go of his hand and collapsed on the floor in exhaustion. However, when I looked up Simon was no longer there all I heard was his screams. Stunned, I slowly crawled to the end of where the bridge used to be.

 

             All I saw was Simon's hand as he fell into pitch black darkness. My screams echoed the canal as I bent down as if I could reach him. I could feel myself going faint, as a sickening feeling replaced the inside of my stomach. I felt an arm wrap around me and pull me back up from the edge, but I fought it; yet the person was way too strong. I had to get to Simon somehow. I couldn't lose him again like this I thought. My eyes started to blur and my arms and legs started to feel numb that the person pulling me back succeeded. From what I could tell he was very tall . . . taller than anyone I had met, but before I could see anything anymore . . . I fell.

 

|Narrator's Perspective|

 

            CL awoke with a jolt in her bed. She was drowned in cold sweat and small little bumps formed along her arms. CL was aware this would happen after she had that conversation with Jiyong. It was exactly 3:30am in the morning, and she knew that no matter how hard she tried she wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight.

 

            CL slightly frustrated grabbed her red blanket from her bed and walked into her living room plopping herself on the couch. She grabbed the remote from the table and decided to watch something to make the night go by faster. When she clicked the red power button her roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter