Unbelievably SHINee

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 41: Unbelievably SHINee 

 

|Dara's Perspective|
 

 

            CL and I said nothing as we stared at the photo. If I remembered correctly from talking to Jiyong before, this was . . . Yoona? I think that was her name. She was really no joke. She looked like a model, the type of person suited for someone like Jiyong . . . and then there was us. The losers. There was complete silence in the room which made it easy to hear as Jiyong came out from the washroom. Though we knew he was coming, both of us were still as he approached.

 

 

 

“What are you guys looking at?” he said as he stood behind us and looked down.

 

 

 

            A he saw the photo, he became silent too. It wasn't too long before it was super awkward in the room. I didn't want to say anything to make it any more awkward. I already knew about her from before, but CL seemed to be really shocked. She spoke up out of nowhere.

 

 

 

“Is that your girlfriend?”

 

Jiyong looked to CL as she spoke and then back down to the picture before nodding.

 

“She's pretty.” CL said and placed the book down on the table. “What's her name?”

 

“Yoona.”

 

 

 

           I was really surprised. I was expecting CL to be acting differently considering her initial reaction to the photo, but she was completely calm and . . . almost cheerful. I mean, I had to admit, seeing pictures of Jiyong and his ex-girlfriend made me uncomfortable and even a bit angry, though I have no reason to be angry . . . I mean . . . it's not like we are dating or anything. But it was just sort of awkward. CL didn't seem to be too roused though and just kept asking questions. I decided I probably shouldn't overreact too. Better not to make things weird between us.

 

 

 

“When did you meet her?” CL questioned as she looked up at Jiyong.

 

 

 

            “Well . . .” Jiyong paused for a second before he began to speak. “We were really close friends since way back, maybe elementary school, but as we grew older that's all she really wanted to be . . . friends. We started dating at the beginning of high school and . . . well . . . yeah.” He stopped again for a moment. “I broke things off when I left to come here.”

 

 

 

|Narrator's Perspective|

 

 

 

            As he finished speaking, he looked down at the girls. To his surprise, none of them seemed bothered to hear about Yoona. It actually almost hurt a bit that they didn't feel anything wrong about him saying this stuff. In reality though, both girls felt pretty jealous to hear about this girl who had claimed Jiyong as her own for such a long time. The way he had described it to them had made it sound like he was really attached to her and it probably hurt him a lot to leave her behind.

 

 

 

They continued to talk about Yoona as they flipped through the pages, each one bringing Jiyong back his memories of the days they were together. He had mixed feeling looking through them. As much as he thought he had completely moved on from her, you can never forget the one you first love. CL turned the page again and one picture caught both Dara and CL's eyes; the both of them started screaming at the sight of it. Jiyong was confused as to why they were screaming. He was scared for a moment at what kind of picture was making them like this. It must have been a really close picture with him and Yoona or something. Jiyong actually let out a tiny smile at the thought of them being jealous.

 

 

 

“YAHHH! KWON JIYONG WHAT IS THIS?!” Dara was yelling as she pointed furiously at the picture.

 

He looked down to see of picture of him and Yoona at a concert. It didn't seem too inappropriate in any way, his arm was merely around her waist. He was a bit confused.

 

“WHY ARE YOU STANDING NEXT TO SHINEE?!” CL yelled out next.

 

 

 

            Jiyong looked back down again at the picture and sure enough, there were 5 guys next to them that he didn't really notice the first time. His memory of that day slowly came back to him.

 

“Oh that. We were at a concert.”

 

“YES BUT WHY ARE YOU STANDING NEXT TO THEM? DO YOU KNOW THEM? ARE YOU GUYS BEST FRIENDS?” Both girls were shouting millions of questions at once and Jiyong was baffled.

 

 

 

            “Woah guys, calm yourselves.” he said, trying to get them to be quiet, “I don't know them or anything, I just got to meet them at their concert. I got VIP tickets for Yoona since it was her birthday and she said SHINee was her favourite band.”

 

 

 

            Both girl's jaws dropped. Now it was game over. Yoona was the enemy. There was no hiding the jealousy now. Since they couldn't do anything about it at this point, they were just going to pretend that Yoona doesn't exist and get to all the SHINee details.

 

 

 

“DID YOU GET TO TALK TO THEM?” Dara asked excitedly.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?”

 

“Well, I mostly just greeted them and told them to do well with their concert.”

 

 

 

Both girl's jaw dropped again and Dara almost threw a punch at him.

 

 

 

“YOU IDIOT WHAT A WASTE. WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING ELSE?” CL yelled at him.

 

“Well, it was more of a meet and greet thing. Say hello, shake hands, take a picture, leave.” Jiyong said quietly, scared of getting beaten to death by the two raging fangirls.

 

“YOU SHOOK THEIR HANDS?!” Both girls screamed at the same time.

 

 

 

The next moment, both girls were lunging towards him and grabbing hold of his hands, rubbing them all over their faces as if by some miracle, there would still be SHINee's DNA on them or something. Jiyong was feeling mega creeped out at this point.

 

 

 

“WHAT DID JONGHYUN'S HANDS FEEL LIKE? WERE TAEMIN'S HANDS SOFT? I BET ONEW'S HANDS FELT NICE! KYAAAAAAAA” more screaming and gibberish was coming from the both of them.

 

 

 

            Jiyong was trying to find a way to escape and looked around the whole room to try and find some excuse to do something else. He turned his head towards the kitchen and got an idea.

 

 

 

“CL, weren't you making food before? I'm hungry~” Jiyong said, trying to add a slight bit of aegyo to the end.

 

“WE'LL EAT LATER, TELL ME ABOUT KEY'S FINGERS” Dara said, moving closer to Jiyong on the couch.

 

 

 

            Jiyong gave CL a desperate look and she finally clued in that he was quite uncomfortable. She reached over to Dara and pulled her away from him.

 

 

 

            “How about we eat something right now and afterwards, we can watch the SHINee concert DVD we bought last week” she suggested to Dara who seemed thrilled at the idea.
             Jiyong on the other hand wasn't super excited to watch a boyband concert but didn't complain since it was better than being harassed by rabid fangirls.

 

 

 

            Dara and Jiyong took a seat at the kitchen table while CL started boiling some water to make ramyun for them to eat. It w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter