Summer Begins So Here's A Treat!

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30: Summer Begins So Here's A Treat!

 

|Narrator's Perspective|


            "CL! CL! Open the door!" Dara shouted from outside of CL's apartment. She was wearing tights with a yellow, flowery top that complimented her brown, wavy hair. She had gotten all dressed up hoping that she and CL could go out shopping since the school year was over.
            Dara impatiently knocked on the door again, her knuckles hitting the beige metal door. No answer. Dara, frustrated, glanced at the time. It was noon which meant CL was probably still sleeping. Dara opened her brown knitted purse to look for the spare key she kept of CL's apartment. When she finally found it, she was about to put it in but the door swung open making Dara squeak and stumble backwards.
            CL was standing at the door her hair a horrible mess wearing her red pajamas.
            "WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU HERE?" CL growled as she glared as Dara.
            Dara ignored her pushing her aside and entered the apartment.

Originally, she was hoping Jiyong would go out with them, but he said he wanted to go find a job to get some experience here in Vancouver. That left them two alone.
            "Go get ready, we're going to go shopping" Dara stated as she took a seat on CL's sofa.
            CL gave Dara a dumbfounded look, a look Dara was expecting.
            "Oh come on CL! We promised that we won't waste our summer being lazy around the house! Plus we don’t know what might just happen to us in the futur-"
            "Dara you know tha-"
            "Then you won't complain" Dara's eyes glistened as she stared ahead at CL with her puppy eyes.
            CL nodded her head in acceptance and ruffled Dara's hair.
            "We will never separate . . . babo~" she said and left the room to go get ready.
           
            Over the five years Dara and CL have been friends, their friendship grew to be really strong; they pretty much considered each other sisters. Although, when thoughts of the future arise, they start to realize that things might pull them apart like education, family, and the future itself. Change: it's one thing CL and Dara both despised.

* * *


            It had been only two hours and the girls were carrying more bags than they could hold. Regardless of the weight on their hands, they couldn’t help but laugh and enjoy the free time they were experiencing. After the stressful mid-terms, assignments, and finally the exams, they were glad to think about something other than school. As the two girls walked outside to head towards their favourite store, they received a text message from Jiyong. CL pulled out her phone and flipped it open to her new phone background she had set. It was a picture they took from the trip to the beach when they watched the sunset. Dara was on the far left with Jiyong in the middle and CL on the right. This, out of the gazillion pictures they took, was the best one they had, and CL truly loved it because of how happy they looked. CL had decided that later she would get it printed just so she could hang it on her wall.

 

Smiling at the image she slid her finger across the screen to unlock her phone and view the message.
            Are you guys enjoying your shopping spree? Mind if I join you two since I have some news to share.
            CL and Dara both smiled openly at the text.
            "I'll tell him were in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter