To The Beach! Part 5

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 29: To The Beach! Part 5

 

|Narrator's Perspective|


            After the tough volleyball game, Jiyong, CL, and Dara headed towards the campfire that their teacher had pitched up for them. The volleyball game had taken a good few hours from their day and it was almost 9:00 at night. As the three of them approached the camp ground, they noticed that most of the students from their class were already there and scattered about. Some were sitting by the fire making s'mores while others were standing by Mr. Crabbe who was making burgers.
            "It smells so good" Dara mentioned as she took a seat on a nearby log.
CL nodded her head in agreement. Not only did it smell good, it felt immensely peaceful. The sky was a curtain of dark blue with stars glittering above. She was enjoying it up until she remembered her nightmare with Simon which sent shivers down her spine.
            "You guys want to get something to eat?" Jiyong asked the two who were now gazing off into space.
            "No, I'm good" CL told him. Dara on the other hand decided she wanted a burger and walked with Jiyong to the line up in front of Mr. Crabbe. When CL thought she was alone, she let a shiver run through her and closed her eyes, hoping it would calm her nerves. Yet, when she closed her eyes, she saw vague images of the nightmare and Jiyong at the museum asking her that question again. She opened her eyes quickly to find Jiyong standing in front of her.
            Jiyong could tell something was wrong, but knowing CL, she wouldn’t tell him in a public place like this.
            "I know you're hungry, so come on. Let's go get some burgers" Jiyong motioned as he reached his hand out.
            CL shook off all the negativity and decided a distraction might help, so she grabbed his hand in return.
           

* * *

 

            Once the class had their share of burgers, everyone was now settled around the fire. Many of the students were wrapped up in sweaters as the breeze from the ocean was chilly at night. CL stretched her arm out to grab a few marshmallows for Jiyong and Dara since they were roasting them over the fire, when she got an idea.
            "Hey guys! Why don't we share some scary stories?" she suggested to class.
            "Sounds like a great idea!" Mr. Lawrin approved as he handed a blanket to a student. Everyone was now mumbling, intrigued by the idea of sharing scary stories at night on a beach. However, Dara was nowhere near happy to find out that they were doing this so she moved closer to Jiyong who sat right between CL and herself. Jiyong, in return, placed his arm around her, sensing her fear, and lightly smiled.
            "I'll go first!" CL offered as she set off telling a story.
 

            The story was about how within the mountains of the beach, there lived a pack of wild wolves that would reveal themselves once in a while when they were hungry for meat—human meat. They would come out from their caves from the deserted forests to tear and rip away at any human they sensed . . . Dara, who couldn't listen anymore, covered her ears and Jiyong pulled her closer to him.


* * *

 

            Upon completing their share of scary stories, which left Dara traumatized, Mr. Lawrin told his class to prepare for a good night sleep since they were leaving the next day at noon. CL and Dara sadly waved goodbye to Jiyong as they headed towards their cabin with Dara screaming at every sound she heard and crashing into CL.
            "YAH! Can you stop doing that!" CL shouted as she rubbed her side where Dara had hit her.
            "There's nothing out here-" when CL suddenly stepped on a plastic bottle which created a splintering sound.
            "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

CL amusingly watched Dara run for life as she slowly made her way back.

* * *

 

"I can't sleep" Dara whimpered as she hid under her covers.
"Dara, maybe if you close your eyes, you would be able to" CL sighed from above, but knowing Dara, she wouldn’t be able to sleep.
"Because of you, I can't sleep either" CL huffed as she sat up straight.
"What should we do now?" Dara wondered as she crawled out of her bed and went up the ladder towards CL.
"Well, we could always visit Jiyong" CL smirked and Dara nodded her head happily.

 

* * *

 

            The two girls unlocked the door to the cabin and slowly ran across the beach without making a noise. They were both freezing since they were wearing their pajamas which were no more than shorts and tank tops.
            When they finally reached Jiyong's cabin, they knocked on the door expecting that they would have to knock a few more times since they might be sleeping, but to their surprise the door opened immediately.
            CL and Dara looked up and saw Daniel and Jiyong standing at the door in their pajamas. Daniel was wearing a black wife beater with shorts while Jiyong was wearing a plain white t-shirt with his shorts.
            "What are you two doing here?" Daniel asked CL and Dara.
            "We were bored and couldn't get to sleep . . . I'm assuming it's the same for you two as well" CL added as she saw cards scattered on the wooden floor of the cabin. The two boys had been lucky since this was the only cabin that had two bunk beds set in the room. Jiyong had taken the top bunk on the left side while Daniel took the one on the right.
            "Can we come in? It's freezing out here" Dara added, and Daniel and Jiyong quickly shuffled aside to let the two girls through.
            "You two are crazy" Daniel motioned, but CL simply smiled at that.
            "Nothing unusual about that when it comes to us two" she replied and Daniel laughed.
            "You're right" he admitted, "So do you guys want to play a game of cards?" Daniel asked.
            "Why not? What are you guys playing?" CL asked as she took a seat beside Daniel while Dara and Jiyong sat across from the two.
            "We didn't even start yet, though we were just about to. Do you girls have any idea what we can play?" Jiyong a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter