The New "Kamja"

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The New "Kamja"

|Narrators Perspective|

            They were seated at the back of the class. Both of the girls sat at opposite ends of the desk. Between them was an empty seat that they used to hold their stuff. On the right was Chaerin-aka CL- an average height girl with straight blonde hair. CL was pretty smart, but when it came to actually getting good grades, her best friend Dara was much better.

             Dara was the girl on the right. She had a more petit figure than CL and had medium auburn-dyed hair that framed her small face. Dara was generally a very awkward person to attempt any type of conversation with, but once you get to know her, she is very outgoing, cute, awesome and embarrassing. 

            Since they were both Korean and had very similar interests, they became really close really fast. They both loved all things Asian such as the culture, language, music, entertainment, food...pretty much everything. They had both grown up in Canada, so they knew no Korean, but they still tried to learn. They knew a bit of it and also attempted learning other Asian languages such as Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, and a few others. Even after spending hours and hours trying to learn, they both butchered every language.

            The girls sat in class playing Super Junior Shake on Dara's iPod. CL always attempted to beat Dara who was exceptionally good at the game. CL, on the other hand, had difficulty with even the easiest levels. It was very rare for these girls to ever pay attention in class. When they are together, they are oblivious to the world around them. Their teacher was the kind of person who can't really control a large group. So he never really bothered them, and they ended up never doing anything in that class.

 

            Mr. Lawrin closed the classroom door blocking all the noise coming from the hallway.                               He then began, "Okay students, can I have your attention, please?" Everyone shifted to face the teacher except the two girls at the back who continued with their conversation.                   "Before I begin today's lesson, let me introduce you to a new student who will be joining this class. His name is Jiyong".

 Both CL and Dara looked to the front of the class to see a very handsome student. He had a stern look as though he might be slightly mean but overall, the girls were amazed by him.

            The teacher scanned the room for an empty seat and paused when he spotted the last one.                                     "You can sit at that desk for now. I'm sure they won't mind and they can help you with anything if you need it." Mr. Law

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter