Temporary Distraction

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24: Temporary Distraction

 

|Chaerin's Perspective|


            I settled my jet black backpack on the floor beside my desk and took a seat at my usual spot. The second bell rang signaling the initiation of class, and Ms. Roy my Function's teacher appeared at the front of the class. I placed all the materials—my binder, ruler, calculator, pencil— I needed on to my desk ready to do some exam review, but my thoughts kept drifting to last night.
            The nightmare.
            Simon.
            The mystery man.
            Jiyong.
            When I had awoken this morning, Jiyong was already gone. He left a note saying he went to get ready for school—when there was two hours before school started. He might have felt uncomfortable on the floor I thought feeling ashamed that I made him sleep on the floor. Either way, I had actually fallen asleep last night for the first time after a nightmare occurred. Anyone who knows me could say that that was a miracle for me. Maybe because you knew Jiyong was right next to you  . . .
            I shook the thoughts out of my head and plugged my headphones in as I scanned through my Exam Review package.

 

|Narrator's Perspective|

 

            There was only two more days till Jiyong, CL, and Dara had their Chemistry exam. All of them were sprawled out on CL's floor, mountains of papers and textbooks surrounding them. They had been studying for 5 hours straight, starting at 9:00 in the morning. By 1:00 they were all running out of energy.
            CL who was jotting done some key notes noticed Dara was lying down her back facing CL. CL's eye brows rose, she knew this position all to well.
            "DARA!" she yelled as she threw a pillow that hit Dara square in the back of the head.

Jiyong too was startled by the loud noise and looked up from his notes.
            "Ow!" Dara yelped as she turned around to CL her eyes wide awake.
            "Stop sleeping" CL declared.
            "Awwwww, but we've been at this for hours. I feel like my brain is going to explode" she whined.
            Jiyong and CL both understood Dara very well. They felt like their brains weighed more than the world.
           "Why don't we take a break" commented Jiyong, as he shut his chemistry textbook and looked up to the girls.
            "And do what?" Dara asked her eyes filled with excitement.
            "Let's go to the park" Jiyong said.

 

* * *

            "I CALL SWINGS!" Dara and CL shouted running like children to the park across the green field that was located right by the school. It was 2:00 in the afternoon and the sun was out making it nice and warm—perfect to play in. Jiyong laughed as the two playfully ran towards the park and began swinging.
            "Don't forget we have to leave at 3:00 and go back to study-"
            "Sssssh! No talking about studying for the hour we have" Dara reminded.
            "Right" Jiyong remembered as he walked to the vacant swing on Dara's far left.
            "Wow this place brings back memories doesn't it" CL shouted as she swung up and down her hair flying in all directions. Jiyong was just sitting in his seat enjoying the view and the air around him as he slowly rocked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter