To The Beach! Part 2

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 26: To The Beach! Part 2

 

 

|Narrator's Perspective|
 

 

            The bus pulled up into a small parking area. It was surrounded almost completely by forest and mountain; it was hard to believe they were at a beach. The students excitedly started filing out of the bus. CL, Jiyong, and Dara all slowly got out of the bus, stretching out their stiff bodies after the long ride. The class moved to the side of the bus to the storage compartment and began to take their bags. Everyone was crowded around so Jiyong suggested they just wait until it clears a bit. On the other hand, Dara was being impatient and tried to squeeze her way through the crowd.

 

 

 

            She made it to the front and saw her bag underneath several others. 'I'm the master of Jenga so this should be easy enough' she thought to herself as she reached out to grab her bag. She started pulling at it, and it came out halfway without any problem.
             With a satisfied smirk, she continued to pull, but the pile of bags started to shake and the bag at the top slid off towards her head. She flinched and closed her eyes to brace herself, but nothing hit her. She looked up to see Jiyong's arm holding the bag in place.

 

 

 

“And this is exactly why I told you to wait.” he said sounding like a father disciplining his child.

 

 

 

            Dara gave an apologetic smile and Jiyong just smiled and slid her bag out from the pile along with CL's and his own. The two of them walked back over to CL and waited as the last few people got their things from the bus. We gathered around the teacher once again and he led us through a small path that led to the actual beach area. Everyone looked around amazed at the beauty of the water glistening in the sun.

 

 

 

            “Alright class, you guys will need to find a buddy to share a cabin with. Only 2 or 3 in one cabin please. Boys will be in this area over here on the left,” Mr. Lawrin motioned towards a group of cabins on at the far left end of the beach, “while the girls will be on the right” and he pointed to the cabins at the opposite end of the beach. "Before you run to your cabins make sure you write your names down along with the partner you are bunking with" he added.

 

 

 

Many students were clearly disappointed that they would be separated by gender, including Dara and CL.
            “Also,” Mr. Lawrin added, “please try to behave yourselves. We are not the only school here, so we don't want to give our school a bad reputation.”

 

            “Yes . . .” the class answered back with little enthusiasm.

 

            “Go ahead and settle in and head back here for lunch” he said as he shooed the students away.

 

 

 

Dara and CL turned to Jiyong.

 

            “I guess this means goodbye.” Jiyong said pretending to cry, “I'm so lonely, lonely, lonely~”

 

            “Hey that's a nice song, who's it by?” Dara asked as she heard the catchy tune of the song.

 

            Jiyong shrugged, “I don't know, just came into my head”
            "Anyways, I'll see you girls for lunch" Jiyong told them as he ran up to catch up with Daniel who he was sharing a cabin with.

 

 

 

 

 

|Dara's Perspective|

 

 

 

            CL and I wandered around the area full of cabins until we finally found one that wasn't taken. I could tell why too, I mean it was a little more beat up than the rest and it was right up against the forest edge. The trees practically scraped up against the window as if it would devour the place any minute.
            "This place is amazing" CL said as she gazed at the cabin. Of course she would think this place was amazing.

 

 

 

            We walked in and there was a small dresser with a bunk bed on the opposite wall. YES! I absolutely love bunk beds. I had my eyes targeted on the top bunk as I slowly put my bag down on the ground. CL saw me staring and followed my eyes to the top bunk. In a blur, she ran towards the bed and I jumped forward trying to get it. I was halfway up the ladder, but she started pulling on my legs to get me down.

 

 

 

“I want the top bunk!” I yelled at her trying to wiggle my legs free.

 

“I'm older, I get the top!” she yelled back.

 

“Yeah, well...I'm smarter. I get top.”

 

She gave me an angry face at my comment and started pulling harder.
“You'll end up rolling off the bed and killing yourself if you are on the top!” she said as she yanked one final ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter