Museum Part 4

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22: Museum Part 4

 

|Narrator's Perspective|

 

            They both moved out from behind the shelf and started walking around the place with a good distance between the them. No one spoke a word until Jiyong suggested to CL that they move to the upper floor where they could watch Dara from above. CL nodded, glad that he forgot that moment's awkwardness.
            On the upper floor, the museum had actual replicas of famous locations such as the Pyramid of Khufu in Giza, the Eiffel Tower, and many others. We walked up a stair case that we found on the side. Both of us walked up cautiously, afraid that Dara might appear from behind and jump us both.

           "Wow!" CL gasped as she took a look around the gallery.
           "Wow is right" Jiyong added as he too was caught by the beauty. Right in front of them was the Eiffel Tower, on the right was the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and on the far right was another building.
            "It's as if we are actually are here in Paris" CL said as she walked closer to the tower.
CL and Jiyong took their time admiring each of the historic structures commenting on how beautiful it would be to actually go there.
            "Jiyong if you could choose a place to go with someone where would you go?" CL asked, the question was bothering her and she was aching to ask, although she wasn't expecting much of an anticipated answer.

            "Venice" he stated.
            "Really?!" CL exclaimed.
            "That's the one place I really want to visit, too!"
            Jiyong chuckled, "Great minds think alike" he simply chimed, "Why do you want to go there?"
            "It's a long story . . . A friend of mine gave me a book that took place in Venice, and we both promised we would go together when were older" she hesitantly said.
            "I see" Jiyong said with the nod of his head. He had the urge to probe with who CL wanted to see it with when suddenly both CL and Jiyong heard footsteps.
            Taking action, both of them ran to the left side of the gallery where two large pillars that seemed to be a part of a balcony were located. What Jiyong and CL failed to notice was the KEEP OFF sign that was pasted on one of the pillars. 
            Jiyong and CL both dashed onto the ledge of the balcony, hiding behind the pillar alongside the railing. Jiyong took a slight step back to see if anyone was coming when the railing behind him gave away. Jiyong felt himself lose his balance and fall backwards, but before he could, CL had grabbed him by the wrist and he crashed into her, hugging her so he wouldn’t fall again.
            "That was a close one" Jiyong said, relieved they had escaped the disaster that could have come. "Sometimes, I'm so thankful you have fast reflexes" Jiyong chuckled but realized that CL wasn't reacting to anything he was saying. Jiyong slightly pulled away but not enough that he would fall, and he noticed that CL was crying and shaking.
            Jiyong, understanding something was wrong, immediately led CL and himself back on to the safer end of the gallery. "CL" he quietly said as he led her to the Bridge of Sighs and let her have a seat. Jiyong noticed that CL was very pale and her arms were full of goosebumps. "Hey, what's wrong? I'm alright, aren't I?" Jiyong assured her as he kneeled down in front of her, taking her hands in his. CL's gaze never moved from wherever they were locked. It was as if she was in a trance. Jiyong slowly placed his hands on her face, using his thumbs to wipe away the streams of tears that had now dampened her face, and made her face him so that his eyes locked on to hers.
            "CL, everything's fine. I'm right here by your side. I'm alr-" CL suddenly engulfed Jiyong in a hug. Her arms were wrapped around his neck as she cried her heart out. Jiyong, clueless as to what made the strong CL cry, soothed her by hugging her back.

                                                                        * * *

            After a few minutes, CL pulled away from Jiyong and quickly made some space between herself and Jiyong. She felt embarrassed for all the ruckus she had just caused and wished she could turn back time just to erase what had occurred.
            CL stood up and brushed away the remaining tears, "Sorry about that. I just got a little scared, that's all" she said. "Let's go find Dara. She's probably wondering where we are by now" CL added as Jiyong stared at her baffled. A few minutes ago she was crying her eyes out and here she is now, plastering a fake smile on her face . . .
            CL started to walk away when she felt Jiyong pull her back by her wrist.
            "No" Jiyong stated, tightening his grip, "CL this was more than just a scare. There's something else that you're not telling me".
            "Jiyong, it's nothing. You just scared me that's all" CL ensured as she avoided staring into Jiyong's eyes; she knew if she did, she would break down in front of him again. She attempted to walk away again but Jiyong didn’t let go of his grip.
            "CL, you can't just keep it hidden. Something other than what just happened right now is on your mind. I can help you with whatever it is if you just le-"
            "No Jiyong, it's not something you can help me with!" CL shouted as she glared back at him, but then started feeling apologetic since Jiyong wasn't the one to blame.
            "Then tell me what it is. Let me help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter