Confession

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 44: Confession

|Narrators Perspective|

            The week flew past and already the three friends were swarmed with homework.
            "So this is the life of Grade 12" said Dara who was lying on the floor of CL's apartment with her Biology textbook in front of her. Jiyong was sitting on the couch reading one of the excerpts from his English novel whereas CL sat across from him working on Chemistry problems.


            "I can't work anymore. Nothing that we learned in chemistry makes any sense. It's so frustrating" CL sighed as she shut her textbook and went to the kitchen. Truthfully CL wasn't having any difficulties with the homework instead she was having a hard time focusing because all she could think about was tomorrow. The day she finally decided that she would go to Jiyong and confess. She was ecstatic and all the more nervous. She opened her cupboard and brought out a glass to pour herself juice her eyes never leaving Jiyong.


            He was sitting on the couch wearing his reading glasses that CL thought made him look so mature. His eyebrows were cutely furrowed and all CL wanted to do at that point was curl up into his arms and feel his warmth.


            "I think we should call it a night, I'm so tired" Dara suddenly announced as she gathered her things. "I have to work on my Biology project with Areum so I might not walk home with you guys tomorrow" she added.

            "Okay, get a good rest. We'll see you tomorrow" Jiyong said with a small wave. I said bye and watched Dara leave.


            "I'll be staying a bit longer if you don't mind. I just want finish this up" Jiyong said.
            "No problem my home is always yours. You should know that by now. You can come and stay however long you want. "CL said, and Jiyong smiled.
            "Yeah, and it goes the same for my place" Jiyong included.
           

            Night quickly came, and CL found herself getting into bed. Jiyong had left a few minutes ago after having a few snacks. CL was sure that tonight she wouldn’t be getting any sleep but surprisingly she was knocked out in a few minutes.

            I hope everything goes well. CL silently prayed to god.

            It was last period and CL was slowly dying inside with impatience. She was wearing her best outfit—an outfit that scored a compliment from both Dara and Jiyong. So far CL was having a great day.

            CL pulled out her phone and sent a text message to Jiyong.

            CL: Hey Jiyong
Immediately she received a text back.
            Jiyong: CL when will you start paying attention in class?
            CL: Same goes to you! Can you meet me at the park after school?
            Jiyong: Yeah sure. Why though?
            CL: I have to tell you something, but I'll tell you when I see you J
            Jiyong: oK see you soon

CL placed her phone back into her pocket. She could feel her cheeks burning and her hands trembling. She was really doing it. This was it. Excitement and worry filled the girl and when the final bell rang signalling the end of the school day CL never felt so confident.


            Little did CL know the thoughts that were swarming Jiyong after reading CL's text, he too had an unexplainable feeling but whatever it was, to Jiyong it was a good feeling.

 

|Chaerin's Perspective|

 

            I could already see him from this distance. He was wearing his dark red fall jacket that I had bought him and his back was facing me as he swung on the swings staring off in the distance. Being at the park reminded me of the many times we spent together here; it felt like a second home. All the countless times Dara tripped and the moments when Jiyong would tease Dara but one memory stuck out the most at this park:

 

The three played for a good half-hour when they decided to take a break. Dara had seen an ice cream truck nearby and decided that she wanted some, so she ran after it like a child she was. Jiyong and CL were both exhausted and were sitting at the top of the Jungle Gym right above the slide where the wind was nice and cool.


            "Waaaah~ It f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter