It's Not Your Fault

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 37: It's Not Your Fault

|Narrator's Perspective|

             Half way through the walk Dara started to falter so Jiyong had to giver her piggy bak all the way back, but he didn’t mind at all because at this point he would do anything. Instead he was glad that Dara did ask for his help because it gave her time to rest and it was almost 3 in the morning. As they walked down the sidewalk which was lit by only the streetlight, he could feel her small little breaths on his neck, and it brought him comfort that she was safe in his arms.

 

            Jiyong and CL reached the two parallel apartments that were dark with only a few lights on in some apartments. "Dara can sleep at my place" CL told Jiyong and he nodded knowing that was best for Dara. CL slid her key card in the black contraption and the glass doors of the apartment complex slid open. The clerk at the front had fallen asleep at the front desk that he didn’t even notice them walk in.


            When they finally reached CL's apartment she pulled out her keys from her purse and opened the door. She tossed her keys and purse on the sofa and told Jiyong to follow her.


            "She can sleep on my bed" she said as she removed her red comforter to the side. Jiyong gently placed the sleeping Dara on the bed. CL went to the edge of the bed and slowly removed Dara's heels and then covered her with the comforter. Dara automatically snuggled in, her face finally relaxing.

 

            "There" CL said with a sigh as she sat by Dara.
            "She's had a tough night. It must have been so hard for her to be alone like that" CL sulked as she drew her hand and brushed Dara's hair away from her face, her sisterly love clearly showing.


            "She's a tough girl to make it through tonight" Jiyong admitted as he leaned against the entry way and saw CL look at Dara lovingly. He felt a tinge of guilt flood through him, but forced it away.


            "I should get going now since you need to rest too" Jiyong announced as he turned and walked towards the living room. CL got up from the bed and once more tucked in Dara. Knowing Dara she the night light on the side. She used to chastesize Dara for wanting a night light after watching a scary movie but tonight was an exception. She left the door open and turned of the light so that the night light was the only source of light.


            CL met Jiyong in the living room as he placed his shoes back on not even bothering to tie the laces.


            "I'll check on you guys tomorrow morning. If you need anything call me". Jiyong then nodding his head in farewell opened the door and left without another word. CL locked the door behind him and headed back into her house her mind reeling at the train of thoughts of what had occured today.

When CL finally calmed her thoughts she realized she needed a change of clothes so she snuck into her room quietly as possible and stuck her hand in her closet and grabbed whatever seemed comfortable. She pulled out a set of P.Js and went out in the hallway to the washroom to change. After shedding of that nights dress she put on her comfortable clothes and felt a rush of warmth. CL than gazed at herself in the mirror. Her blonde hair flooded around her small frame and her eyes were red around the edges from the need of sleep.

 

 

|Chaerin's Perspective|

 

 

            I though about tonight's events and felt a shiver rush through me. Dara had gone through so much in that half hour that it was unimaginable. I'm just so glad that this girl was strong enough to pull through it and sleep. Even Jiyong, he too seems alright. Seems, but is he really alright? I though deeply. Suddenly flashes of his face formed from tonight. That unexplainable expression he had at the hospital and then I remembered the blood on Jiyong's lip and knuckles. Instinctively I found myself walking towards Jiyongs apartment my heart hammering against my chest. I had been thinking about Dara that I never realized that although Jiyong was the hero he could also be in pain.


            I climbed up the staircase, taking two steps at a time, to the apartment above me. When I reached his door I knocked and I expected to wait a bit longer since he could be asleep, but the door swung open with ease revealing a Jiyong in a bath robe his hair glistening of water which dropped on the floor around him. He had just taken a shower, I assumed.


            "What are you doing here? Is Dara okay?" Jiyong asked concern crossing his eyes. Of course she is silly but are you is what I want to know I thought but didn’t say aloud.
            "She's fine" I replied a little breathy from my sprint of the stairs.


            "Then what are you doing here? Come in" he said as he moved to the side and closed the door behind me. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter