Sometimes You Need to Hear the Whole Story

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Very Long Chapter Coming Up!

Chapter 47: Sometimes You Need to Hear the Whole Story

|Narrator's Perspective|

            "So what class do you have first?" Kris asked as he led CL to her locker which was close to his.
            "Chemistry in Room 217" CL responded.
            "That’s great we can both go together. Here's your locker" he pointed out.
            "You have chemistry too?" CL wondered as she opened her locker.
            "Yes. Let me go get my stuff and we will walk together"
 

            The two of them headed off to first period class where they also met Tao and Chen.
            "CL! You can sit beside me!" Tao patted the seat beside me.
            "Idiot that’s my seat your offering. Now why don’t you move Tao and let CL have a seat instead" Kris grunted.

            "No that's alright. I might as well just sit in a spot—" but before she could finish Kris had grabbed her by the elbow and seated her right beside her.
            "Don’t worry about it. Tao never stays in one spot."
            "Are you sure?" CL questioned.
            "Yeah I am sure" Kris responded.
            "I wasn’t talking to you jerk face. I was talking to Tao whose spot was just stolen" she snapped back. Kris stared at her shocked but didn’t seem really bothered.
            "After that I'm fine wherever I sit" Tao smiled. "CL I am so glad that someone like you has entered our Kris's life. He needed someone who can stop that potty mouth of his"
            "Yah" Kris fumed, as Tao turned to find another seat.
           
            "Is this how you really treat your friends?" CL turned to Kris seriously. Kris gulped. He didn’t want her to think he was such a bad guy or a 'jackass'.
            "No no  . . . not at all. That was all guy play"
            "Yeah right"
            "Heyy! You're just as mean to!" Kris argued.
            "What makes you think that?" CL said back.
            "Well if you remember back at the park and you wouldn’t tell me your name. . . you were coming off pretty strong for a stranger"
            "That's because you were the one  . . ." Kris didn’t let her finish as he placed his finger on her lips silencing her.

            "Lets not get worked up now, besides the teachers here and he hates when kids are yelling. You don’t want to give a bad impression now do you?" Kris whispered. CL blushed and immediately moved away from him when she looked up and saw someone who she had totally forgotten about until now.
 

Jiyong.
 

|Chaerin's Perspective|
 

            This cannot be. It has to be a dream. I thought for once that the world was working with me. Meeting new friends in the morning and having a good time, but now I don’t think that could be possible. Just at the sight of him I felt my breath constrict my heartbeat rise and worst of all the pain. The worst pain of abandoning him returned. My whole body heated up and I felt as though I was going to faint. 
 

            He was wearing faded jeans with a plaid shirt. His hair was going in all direction but that only added to his attractiveness. I stared at him speechless, and he too stared back.
 

            Oh no. He probably saw Kris just . . .
            What does it matter to him? You acknowledged that when shutting him out you wouldn't care. It's not like he cares for you. He cares more for Dara. I thought subconsciously. I felt immensely bad for thinking it but it was right. Kris placed his hand in mine under the desk and brought me back in reality. I forcefully turned my head away from Jiyong. I felt my eyes burn with tears but I pushed them down.


            "Alright class let's get settled down and start off from where we left off last week. You there, new student . . . you can have a seat in the far corner from now on."
 

I felt Jiyong's arm brush past me making my whole body tense. As class started throughout the whole period I could feel Jiyong's gaze on me. Kris noticed my discomfort so he did whatever he could to take my mind off it, and I was glad . . .  however it wasn’t working.
 

|Jiyong's Perspective|
 

            When we arrived at the school I dropped Dara off at her first class feeling guilty for leaving her there alone, but it was something she would just have to get used to. After that walk to school I realized many things were not the same without CL. I realized that she truly is the one I like. Of course I like Dara but not as much as my heart yearns for CL. Her absence has driven me mad every day. I turned from Dara's class and went down the staircase to where I could see the main entrance where many students were flooding in from. There was still a few minutes left until the first class starts so I hoped that maybe I could catch CL. . . if she even goes to this school I thought. I know my hopes are high but . . . no one can tear away from me that easily especially if I have placed you in my heart. I'm sorry that I realized so late CL.  

 

**Flashback**

Reminder: This is back at the hospital when Dara was saved from the school fire and TOP came to visit. CL never heard the whole conversation:


"You love her don’t you? You love Dara" TOP pried.
My breath hitched. This is it. The question I wanted to know all along.
            "Yes"

            "And you love CL too?" TOP said again.
            "Yes"  
            "But who does your heart love more?" TOP asked.
            "Hyung if you think I knew do you think I would be struggling right now!"
            "Jiyong my boy you have a lot to learn. I can tell by your face, your actions, your words who you like."
            "How-" I wondered.
            "It’s the girl you first saw in your heart Jiyong. Right when I asked you who does your heart love more . . . you saw her. However being the good kid you are you neglect that image because you don’t want to hurt the other"
            "Hyung-"
            "Jiyong I think you should stop and for once think about yourself. Your making yourself go crazy if you go on like this. Just say it, and accept it. I am sure they will understand."
            I knew at that moment TOP hyung had caught me red handed.
            "CL. CL is the one my heart wants"
            "Then do me a favour boy, go after her."
            "But what if she doesn't even like me? What if I ruin our friendship?" at my question TOP laughed aloud.

            "Do you really think she doesn’t like you? Do you see how hard she works to impress you? Your birthday for example. She spent so much time preparing it for you! I'm pretty sure there are many other examples you can think of. I can clearly see how much she cares for you. Not once did I think she was in this relationship to be just your friend, her eyes had always shown more than that Jiyong you were just too ignorant to notice it. So please before I steal that charming angel away go catch her"

 

**End Of Flashback**

 

             After that talk with TOP, CL had started to act weird that I never had a chance to go talk to her. Now, though I'm not going to miss that chance.

            I waited and waited my heart pounding each minute in expectation, but of course she did not come. I had to compel myself to get to class since the bell already rang. I made a quick last glance at the school door and walked down the hallway to my first class.
God, I just wish to see her again. I don't want to lose her.

 

            As if God had answered my prayer when I entered the classroom my eyes immediately caught on her beautiful blonde hair that framed her small face . . .

That’s when I saw him. His hands on her lips and their eyes interlocked in a deep gaze.

CL had not seen me yet and I am glad she didn’t. My hands were clenched by my side my heart pounding against my ribs, that all I could see was red. This was not how I wanted to see her.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter