Eight.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 26th of May 2013.

Chapter 8 
"Sitting down. Isn't it obvious?" he cocked his head sideways and you swore you just wanted to twist his neck.


Han Jin Sae.
"Well, I didn't want to get anything done anyway." you scoffed as you dropped your bag to the ground after lying down on the bed. "Had a bad day?" CL asked as you shook your head. You were tired actually. Minho brought you around the whole campus showing you everywhere as though he was a tour guide. Somehow he persuaded you to not do anything today apart from following him around. He bought you lunch and dinner. It was like two dates in one day except it wasn't a date. People around you swore the two of you were a couple, which made you want to hide yourself even more. You were just a new person here. Grabbing a lot of attention is the last thing you'd want to do. It seems like he was quite popular in this university, all the more reasons why you wouldn't want to be seen with him. On the other hand, you were getting along well with CL even though you just met her today. It's like the two of you just clicked with one another instantly.

"Just tired." you breathed out as she chuckled before nodding her head to get back to her work. "Oh by the way," she clapped her hands as she got up from the chair on her study table. "My band and I got a gig later at the cafe near the campus. Wanna come?" she asked as you really wanted to go, but you felt so lazy. "There'll be cute guys." she nodded her head and you shot her an expressionless face that made her crack into a smile. "You'll get to see your roomie perform?" she beamed as you let out a heavy sigh. "Call me when its 10 minutes before your performance." you finally gave in and she showed an O.K. sign before getting ready to leave. Just as she opened the door, you lied down on the bed until you hear a voice saying "Well someone looks tired." your eyes widened and you turned to your left to see Luhan sitting down on the chair CL was sitting a moment ago before she left. "You!" You raised your voice as you got up from your bed. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Sitting down. Isn't it obvious?" he cocked his head sideways and you swore you just wanted to twist his neck. "What are you doing here? Give me a decent answer." you asked as he shrugged his shoulders. "Look, I really don't know what on earth I did to you but just stop all of this." you said as you walked towards him to pull him up by his right arm. His eyes widened but he tried to keep a calm look plastered on his face. "Okay I'm leaving. You're boring." was all he said as he turned his back to face you and left your room. You scoffed as you run your fingers through your hair in frustration. "I swear I'll lose my marbles even before the first semester ends." You walked towards your bed and lifted up your bag to take out your song book. Just as you held the pencil in your hands along with an empty page ready to write, your mind was blank. You couldn't write a single thing and this doesn't happen usually. "This is a bad idea, but.." you muttered softly before you got up to walk towards your cabinet. You pulled open the first drawer to take out a photo album.

It wasn't too big, and it wasn't too thick but it was definitely filled with unforgetable memories. As much as you hated yourself for bringing this upon yourself you opened the photo album and the first photo you see is a photo of him when he was just fourteen. It was your second year in high school and he was your first friend you've made apart from the EXO-K guys ever since Yunho and Changmin left. You felt a tight tug in your heart and there was literally signs in your face telling you not to flip to the next page but you didn't care. You flipped the page and it was a photo of him handing you a rose during valentines day. It was the first time you've received a rose from a guy and it was also the first time someone asked you to be their valentine. You knew you were going to cry but it couldn't hurt just flipping through one more page. When you flip to the next page he was standing beside you with an arm over your shoulder as you covered your face with your hands. You could still remember it was Sehun who took this photo for the both of you. In his handwriting it was written,

'I asked her to be my girlfriend today :)'

In your handwriting, beside his was written,

'And I said yes.' 

As expected, a tear rolled down your cheek and you managed to push the photo album aside. You wiped the tears with the back of your hand before sniffing to reach for your song book. Even though your eyes were a little blurry you managed to write out the lyrics that spontaneously popped into your mind. You honestly had no idea what you were writing down because your mind was all jumbled up with memories flooding your mind but you felt a lot better when the whole page was filled with sentences you knew would make sense later on when you feel better. You shut your eyes tight and tossed aside the song book along with the pencil. You covered your face with your hands and tried hard not to cry because you knew you had to leave this room and it won't be pretty if you were to walk around the campus with puffed up eyes.

Narrator.
Her phone vibrated and much to her dismay, she got up from her bed to reach for it in her bag. "Hello?" she answered softly trying to not make it obvious she cried. "Hey! We're performing in 10 minutes! Get your here! We saved you a front seat!" CL beamed as she managed to smile even though she didn't want to. CL had this bright aura around her and she's really friendly. Jin Sae couldn't possibly burst her bubble. "I'll be right there." Jin Sae replied before CL gave a quick "Okay!" Jin Sae pulled the phone away from her ear before taking in deep breaths. "You cannot come here as a wimp. He left, and you should move on. Wherever he is, he should be doing fine." she tried to tell herself as she walked towards the door after taking her purse and her room key.

She opened her door only to be greeted with Minho who was going to knock on her door. She cleared and he took a step back to let her come out. "W-Where are you going?" he asked her as she locked her door. She stuffed her key into her pocket before looking up at him. "Shouldn't I be asking what you're doing here? A whole day with me isn't enough?" she asked as he gulped. "I-I was just-" his voice trailed off the moment she hissed. Firstly he could tell she cried and secondly she seemed to be catching up with time. "I have to go!" she groaned before she gave a pat on Minho's shoulder. Luhan came out from his dorm only to raise his eyebrows. Jin Sae doesn't know this but his dorm is just down the hall from hers. He came out but went back in when Jin Sae jogged pass his room. He opened the door again only to see Minho running after her while saying, "Where are you going?!"

"Like I told you Luhan, Minho likes her." his roommate said to him as he turned to glare at Lay. "H-Hey I'm going out." Luhan said as he immediately went out and closed the door on his way out to follow Minho who was following Jin Sae. "I swear this going to be one messy  love triangle." Lay sighed as he flipped through the TV channels. "Desperate Housewives." he breathed out as he changed the channel but he changed back to Desperate Housewives shortly after realizing there isn't much shows on to watch at this time. "Wow, I'm a loner." Lay chuckled to himself before leaning back on the sofa.

She let out a frustrated sigh when she couldn't find the cafe. She glanced at her watch and she had 4 more minutes to get to the cafe. "God damn this." she cursed as she sprinted the moment she could hear Minho's voice calling her out. She bumped into a person and fell to the ground. "J-Jin Sae?" she heard the person calling her name but that didn't matter to her at the moment. She got up quickly and whispered a soft "Sorry!" before making her way past the person she had bumped into.

"Where is she?" Minzy asked as CL shook her head. "I don't know, she said she'd be here." she sighed as Bom patted her shoulder. "You see, she's just the same like your past roommates." Dara smacked her head before letting out a soft hiss. "What she means to say is, maybe this girl isn't who you thought she was. Not everyone likes music?" CL sighed before she kept glancing at the door, hoping for her roommate to enter but no one came in. "Screw this, let's just perform." CL said as the girls agreed. The cafe was small but it was enough to fit roughly about 50 people. Each table could fit five people, which would explain why they only have ten tables. "Performing next! You guys know who they are already! Give it up for 2NE1!" the owner of the cafe shouted as everyone cheered. It was indeed a cafe that you could relax in and 2NE1 had the music to make everyone relax as not only they did pop, but they did a little bit of acousitc.

"Hey guys," CL greeted the audience as they quiet down. "Today, we'll be singing-" her voice trailled off the moment the glass door opened, revealing her roommate panting by the door. "A special song dedicated to my new roommate." she finished her sentence with a grin as Jin Sae walked in awkwardly as people stared at her. CL smiled widely with her teeth the moment Jin Sae sat at a table right in front of the stage. "One, two, three." Minzy counted out softly as she was the drummer. Dara started off the song with soft piano keys along with Bom who played some smooth guitar chords to match nicely with it.

"I know that you're gonna hate me,
 For saying these words right now,
 But I ain't got no choice,
 I just have to let it out."

She bobbed her head along with the beat as CL sang smoothly. Her voice was so unique in a sense where it was rare. Soon, the drummer started to sing and again her voice was also good that it matched well with CL's voice. Jin Sae found herself being immersed to the song that she didn't realize there was already a person sitting beside her. The person beside her stared at her features and found himself smiling the moment he tried to take in as much as he could at the sight. The chorus came in quick and it sent goosebumps all over Jin Sae's body. If someone could give her goosebumps by singing, that meant that person had great vocals. "You're still the same as I left." the person beside her spoke up, breaking Jin Sae's trance of being immersed to the song. She turned to look at who said that and her eyes widened as she nearly fell off the chair but he caught her by her arm. CL furrowed her eyebrows when she saw this but she couldn't possibly get off the stage now. "Get your hands off me." Jin Sae hissed softly and the person did as he was told.

"H-Hey," he greeted softly as she gulped. "How are you?" he asked as she ignored him. "J-Jin Sae." he called her out and she felt a tight tug at her heart. It should be a curse on how when that person calls her by her name, she would give in easily.