Mixed Signals.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 13th of July 2013.

Chapter 34 : Mixed Signals.


Han Jin Sae.
It's been a few days now before your due date to sing your song for Luhan. Looking down on the lyrics for him you didn't know if you should sing it or not. The lyrics looked like you were going to bash him in a very friendly sort of matter and God knows whether this would turn out pretty or ugly because of the way he's been acting. Sighing, you pushed the book into your bag before you got up to leave your room. CL had already left with Jiyong, which you bet was her boyfriend by now based on how much she's been hanging out with him but it's alright because she probably deserves it. When you walked out of your room, you made brief eye contact with him. Not knowing why, you lifted up your hand to wave at him but then in the midst of raising your hand, he immediately shut the door behind him before walking away quickly.

Your lips parted, wanting to shout out for him but you sighed before putting your hand down like you would for the fifth time of the week already. He's been acting weird ever since that date with Minho but instead of Minho acting weird in front of you, Luhan was the one acting weird. "Hey, you alright there?" A voice spoke up beside you and you turned to let out a soft "Huh?" at Minho who was with Sulli. "You were staring off into space for a while now." Sulli said in a worried tone a little before Minho placed a hand on your forehead and Sulli reached for your hand to check your pulse but you didn't even realize them doing any of that.

You were so in your thoughts just thinking. What did you actually do to tick Luhan off like that? Not that you cared that much but, you guys were friends, right? And as far as you're concerned, you didn't do anything. Nothing at all and he was acting all weird as well as giving you a cold shoulder. "Jin Sae!" Minho and Sulli chorused your name at the same time, causing you to jerk up before you gripped onto your bag as you abruptly looked up to the two of them. "What?" You said monotonously before the two of them sighed. "Are you sure you're alright? You've been acting weird lately." Minho said before Sulli nodded her head. "You were staring off into space again." Sulli added in before you gulped.

"N-No I wasn't." You shook your head before you took a step back. "J-Jin Sae." Sulli called you out softly before you shook your head again. "I-I've got a class to go to. See the two of you, when I see the two of you." You quickly finished your sentence before you walked away from the two of them.

"Something's bothering her." Minho sighed when you had left. "What do you think is bothering her?" Sulli asked before Minho shook his head. "I have no idea. She didn't say or tell me. I think it would be better if you talked to her, Sulli." Sulli nodded her head before she smiled at Minho, muttering a soft "Yes." As in her head she was thinking about how much Minho must've cared for you to just push his feelings aside so that the two of you could remain as friends.

When you got to your History class, Minho sat down beside you and honestly, nothing went into your head throughout the whole class. Sure the teacher was standing there, lecturing and asking everyone to take notes, which you did but for some odd reason, your mind just seemed to be on Luhan. Luhan Luhan Luhan. What was so interesting about this boy that entered your mind and won't leave anyway? Shrugging it off after the teacher said, "Take a question sheet before you leave and hand it in next week. That's all class, you all may leave."

That's when you realized how long you were just in your thoughts. You got up and took the question sheet before you left the room, not even waiting for Minho.

Narrator.
"Jin Sae!" A voice called from down the hall and she was by her locker as she turned her head to see who had called her name. Her eyes widened slightly when Kris came up to her. "What?"

"Hey, don't be so tensed up. Relax, will you?" Kris grinned at her before she raised an eyebrow and slammed her locker. "What do you want?"

"Nothing." Kris shook his head before he grinned. "Hey!" Another voice came from down the hall and she peeked over Kris's shoulder to see Lay jogging up to them. She mentally groaned before she tried to walk away from them but Lay blocked her on the other side. "What's with the rush?" Lay flashed his dimples at her before she gulped. "W-What do you guys want?"

From a distance, Luhan clenched his fists before he too, slammed his locker before he blew his bangs away from his forehead. "What the hell are those idiots doing?" he muttered lowly before he leaned back on his locker, trying not to make it obvious he's staring. "How about we go for some coffee before your next class?" Lay suggested before Kris nodded his head in approval. She furrowed her eyebrows before pushing the two of them away with one hand on their chests. "Just tell me what you want and save the hassle." she snapped at them before Kris pretended to look around and his eyes passed Luhan quickly only to notice he was glaring at their direction. Bingo. Kris smirked before he faced at Jin Sae again. "We just want to know how the song you're writing for us is co-" Kris's voice trailled off when she took out a thin folder containing a few papers.

"Here, this is the main track. I've written down who sings which part. Just hand this to my father and he'll handle everything from there." Kris took the folder but just as she tried to walk away, she couldn't because the two of them caged her in with the lockers behind her as they came closer. Luhan took a step forward towards them but held back when the image of Minho and her kissing flashed up in his mind. That made his gaze soften as he froze there. "We want you to compose the song for us too." Lay smiled before she raised an eyebrow. "I hear you're a good composer yourself, Lay. So why don't you work with Kris with it?" she said as she pushed the two, making a hole for her to get through.

Once she got through, Lay held her by her arm. "W-Wait! Uh.. Why don't you help us with it? We can talk over it with coffee. Hmm?" Lay flashed his dimples again before she sighed. Lately she's not herself. Her thoughts were all filled with Luhan, and it was just really unhealthy of her. She tried studying all night in hopes it would push her thoughts away of him but it was no use. A little coffee time with these two could help, maybe. Slowly she nodded her head before she lifted her head up to smile at them a little before muttering a soft, "That sounds.. good."

"Let's go!" Kris beamed before he held onto Jin Sae's hand with Lay following behind the two.

Lay slowed down his pace to turn around only to spot Luhan by his locker with his gaze locked at their direction. Lay shot a wink at Luhan before Luhan hissed. Before Luhan could even go after Lay, he heard his name being called down the hall. He turned to look at who was calling him, considering the hall was clear. He raised an eyebrow when he saw Sehun walking towards him and Sehun didn't have a good face on. "What do you want?" Luhan snapped at Sehun who scoffed before he glared at Luhan. Sehun gripped onto Luhan's collar before he pressed Luhan onto the locker. "The question should be, what the hell are you doing to Jin Sae?" Sehun's voice was cold yet at the same time, Luhan could sense the love he had for Jin Sae.

Luhan pushed Sehun off before he fixed his collar. "I don't know what you're talking about. The person you should be looking for is Minho. Not me." Luhan hissed before he tried to walk away but Sehun gripped onto Luhan's arm. "What do you mean?" Luhan scoffed before he turned to look at Sehun after Sehun had let go of his arm. "Jin Sae is with Minho. Haven't you heard?" Sehun laughed sarcastically before Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. "So this is why you've been giving her a cold shoulder?" Sehun asked when his laughter died down.

"Just because you think she's with Minho, you give her a cold shoulder?"

"We-"

"Answer the question."

"I don't have to answer anything to you."

Sehun let out a soft hiss before he turned around for a brief moment. He spun back around and gripped onto Luhan's collar before he slammed Luhan against the locker, letting echoes to be heard down the halls. Luhan was caught off guard with his eyes wide open and Sehun had a poker face on. "If you plan to give Jin Sae mixed signals, I say you better just stop. If you want her, step your game up. If you don't? I'll be glad to announce that I can and will take over your place. These little mind tricks you're giving her, it's pathetic." Sehun said monotonously before he pushed Luhan off.

"We never had this talk." Sehun said softly but it caught Luhan's ears just as Sehun walked off. Luhan gulped before he slid his back against the lockers with his hand on his chest. Luhan reached into his pocket before he let his fingers feel the shape of the ring Jin Sae's aunt had given to him.

"You can't keep running from your feelings forever. I know that look in your eyes very well."

Luhan shut his eyes tight before the image of Jin Sae popped up into his mind. From the time where she first met him in the Han Records building, to the time where the two had their first glaring battle, to the time where he stole her phone from her and to the time when he accidentally planted a kiss on her lips. Unknowingly he brushed his finger tips on his lips before he opened his eyes. The image of him kissing her when she was asleep during the time she was sick had also projected in front of his eyes like a movie screen and he felt like his heart skipped a beat.

"As much as I hate to admit it, I'm an ." Luhan muttered softly before he sighed. "You are one anyway." A voice spoke up down the hall. "Yeah yeah I k-" Luhan's voice trailled off when he looked up as he was expecting to see Sehun's face but he saw Minho's face. Minho crouched down in front of Luhan before Luhan let his hand fall to his side and he scoffed at Minho. "What the hell do you want?"

Minho shook his head before he offered a hand to Luhan. Luhan hesitantly reached out for Minho's hand before Minho pulled him up. "What do you want?" Luhan repeated his question, but in a much nicer tone this time. "So you're the reason why she's been acting weird?" Minho asked before Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I'm sure you could see that lately she isn't herself."

"You should know that better than me. You're her boyfriend after all." Luhan muttered the last part softly before Minho cocked an eyebrow. "You realize it's Jin Sae we're talking about, right?" Luhan rolled his eyes before he looked at Minho with a glare. "I do."

"Then you should know that we're not together." Minho shrugged his shoulders before Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"For someone who is smart, you're pretty dumb."

"So.. the two of you.. aren't together?"

"Nope."

"Are you sure?"

"Affirmative."

"Then why are you telling me for?!" Luhan pushed Minho away before Luhan brush past Minho's arm to run down to the direction where Jin Sae had long left with Kris and Lay. Minho sighed and gazed down to the ground when Luhan left. "You're doing the right thing." Minho whispered to himself before he lifted his chin up. "You're doing.. the right thing." Minho repeated the same words before he turned around, only to let his lips tug upwards when Sulli was standing in front of him. "Y-You okay?" She croaked out softly and he didn't know why, the aura she had around her was captivating. He began to notice the way her hair was matching her eye color and her smile.. was just a curve that sets everything straight. "I'm fine." Minho smiled before he walked towards Sulli as she followed to walk beside him.