Spark Of Interest.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 19th of June 2013.

Chapter 23 : Spark Of Interest.

Who knows? You may even find true love.


Narrator.
She found a nice seat in the library where she was near the bookshelves and it was deserted here. There was no one in the library apart from her and the teacher in the room on the other side of the library and that's it. She figured since she was alone, she would read the letter L.Joe wrote.

Dear Jin Sae,

I'm sorry for not being able to tell you this in person but by the time you read this or something, I should already be on my way to catch my flight to the States. Firstly, I apologize sincerely. For everything, you should know that. I'm sorry I couldn't explain to you why I acted the way I did but, I just couldn't bear to leave you and let you know that I'm going to Seoul. Next, I won't appear in front of you anymore. I talked to my dad about this and he got me into a university in the States. I won't see you from now on but if I do see you on the streets, can you please remember me? This may be too much to ask for but, that's all I want. Also, please keep the polaroid photos in the envelope.

I'm sorry again, and goodbye.

From, Lee Byung-Hun.

She scoffed before she wiped her tear away from the corner of her eyes to reach in the envelope to pull out three polaroid photos. Those were the other half of the polaroid he kept. It was like she had three polaroid photos, and he had the other three. If you put all six together, it forms a set of photos. She immediately reached into her bag to pull out her purse. She took out the other three polaroid photos and placed it on the table. She placed the six photos on the table as she arranged them two by two. The first two photos were the two of them completing a heart. The second two photos were both of them 'leaning' against one another. And the last two photos were them giving a kiss on the lips.

She collected the six photos and put them in her purse before putting away his letter and her bag to get started on her report. She got up and grabbed a few books to get started reading so she could write soon. Before she could read, she got a phonecall. What could hurt if she talked on the phone in the library? No one could scold her anyway. "Hello?" she answered and Minho chuckled on the other line. "Are you in class now?"

"Nope, in the library."

"You're that early? Ah, you can't wait to see me, can't you?"

"Oh please," she scoffed before she went on. "I'm just here because my Vocal Music class ended way earlier than I expected."

"Alright, I'll be there soon!"

"Don't you have class now?" she asked and he gave a soft "Hmm."

"Yeah I do, I'll sneak out."

"Hell no, you're not sneaking out from your class. Come when your class ends. Bye." with that she hung up and Minho pouted on the other end. "Well, at least I'll get to have you alone." Minho smirked as he faced front to where his teacher was still writing notes on the board.

Luhan walked around the university trying to find her but he couldn't. He stopped by the library to lean against the door. "Where could she be?" he whispered and he pushed himself off to continue walking when through the windows of the library he glanced in to see a girl who looked like Jin Sae. "Nah that's just a girl who looks like her." he muttered she looked away and walked down. He stopped his tracks and walked backwards to look into the window to get a good look. "Wait, that's her!" he smiled as he turned around to walk into the library. When he entered the library, he immediately got a random book by the shelf before he took a seat in front of her.

She lifted her head from her book only to jerk backwards until her back came in contact with the back of her chair. He chuckled softly before shaking his head. He opened his book to start reading when she collected herself to sit properly. “What are you doing here?” she whispered as she leaned closer. He lifted his head from his book to tilt his head as she backed away when he did that. “I’m here for the same reason why you’re here.” He whispered back as she raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, I get that but why out of all the seats in the library you choose the one right in front of me? It’s not like there’s no other place.” She shrugged her shoulders as she looked around. It was practically deserted there. No one would come to the library apart from her and a few other people. Like its university, some people don’t even bother to open their books. He leaned closer and she turned her head to widen her eyes the moment his face was so close with hers. She just wanted to push his face away but she couldn’t find the strength too. Instead she got a really good look at his features and she wasn’t going to lie, he looked gorgeous despite his sarcastic manner and attitude. “Because here’s the only place I want to sit at. Is that a problem with you?” He spoke, breaking her thoughts before leaning away with a smile.

“F-Fine, but if you disturb me I’ll kick you.”

“I’ll do the same to you too.” He smirked before looking down to read his book. She tried to read her book but she couldn't as she checked the time. "Minho said he'll be here. What the hell is that bastard?" she cursed softly and Luhan caught that. Minho was running late from his class and he thought he'd just surprise Jin Sae with his presence. "Why do you need him here anyway?" Luhan asked as he tried not to look like he cared as he stared at his book. He wasn't even reading the book, it was like an excuse for him to be here without looking desperate.  He's been staring at the first line for five minutes now. "He said he'd help me with my report and looks like he's not showing up." she sighed as she closed her book to leave. Just as she stood up, "Sit down, I'll help you." Luhan said as he still didn't tear his eyes away from the book.

"Yeah right."

He closed his book and eyed her properly. "I said I'll help you." he said monotonously and she raised an eyebrow with him. "Look can you just sit down?" he asked softly and she let out a sigh before she sat back down in front of him. "What do you know about Cupid and Psyche anyway?" she scoffed as she opened her History textbook. He took her book away before he cocked his head sideways. "I may be cocky, but I'm not stupid. Take out a pen and a paper." Luhan said as he was busy flipping through the pages as she continued to stare at him. He lifted his head up to lean closer until her eyes widened slightly. "Are you just going to stare at me all day?" he asked and she immediately push his face away. "You wish I would." she scoffed as she took out her testpad and a pen.

Jin Sae was very determined to finish her report by today so she could hand it in tomorrow. She was writing non-stop as well as flipping through pages while Luhan would constantly get up to get more books for her to use as reference. Luhan got up to make his third trip to the bookshelves as he tried to find another reference book. "Damn it, where's that book?" he hissed as he pulled out one book but he ended up pulling out a bunch of books along with it. The books fell to the ground and he glanced at Jin Sae who was just slowly falling asleep. He smiled at the sight but he came back to his senses to pick up the books on the ground.

His eyes brightened when he found the right book but his eyes drifted apart to the another book that he picked up. He put the rest of the books back and held on tight to two books. One was the book for Jin Sae and the other just seemed something that made him spark interest.

"101 Guide on Love for Idiots." he read out the title as he scoffed to put the book back onto the shelf but he couldn't slot it in. He pulled his hand back and flipped to the back where he read the synopsis. "Reading the synopsis couldn't hurt." he shrugged as he read it quietly.

How to know if she's the one you're looking for? How do you know if she's the one? 
Are these the questions lingering in your mind?

"Pft, hell no." he scoffed as he wanted to put it back onto the shelf but something told him to continue reading. He flipped it over again to finish reading the synopsis.

Are your friends telling you that you're in love?

"Yeah.."

Do you want to see if they're right or wrong?

"Well..-"

Then this is also the perfect book for you! Don't be a sour plum and give this book a shot! This book has proven to be 97.5% correct and legit and has also helped many people. Just read this book and your questions will be answered.

Who knows? You may even find true love.

"Oh yeah? Then what happened to that 2.5%?" Luhan scoffed but he gripped on tightly to the book. "Couldn't hurt reading this." he murmured softly as he came back towards the table where Jin Sae was already fast asleep. "Hey idiot, I got your-" his voice trailled off when she was fast asleep resting her head on one arm with her hand holding onto the pen. She only managed to write 25 pages and it was very impressive to Luhan. He gulped as he opened the first page to the book. He realized the first few pages were bullcrap and he skipped until he reached the headline title : 1) Describe her.

Knowing whether you like a girl, can be told based on how you describe her. Take a photo of her or if she's anywhere near you, take a look at her and describe her.

Luhan's eyes widened but he lowered the book down to look at the girl in front of him. "Strong, that's for sure." he muttered softly and he used one finger to keep a hold of the page he was reading as he thought hard to describe her. "Sarcastic, witty,"

"Gifted with an amazing voice and songwriting skills," he nodded in approval and he focused on her looks this time. "She has nice captivating eyes, long hair to go along with her face, that adorable nose," his lips twitched upwards a little when he saw her smiling a little in her sleep. "And a beautiful smile." He shook his head and blinked. He slapped himself, "This can't happen to you, Luhan. Cut the crap." he cursed at himself before he continued to read the book.

From the door Minho stood there as he watched Luhan read the book as he constantly lowered the book down just to look at Jin Sae to talk to himself. Minho had no idea what was going on, but he knew better not to interrupt any of this. "Pft, and there you are with her when you always act like you don't like her." Minho scoffed softly before he took a step out of the library to shut the door when he saw Jin Sae sleeping.