Thirty-Eight.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 20th of July 2013.

Chapter 38 : Thirty-Eight.
"Just you wait Jin Sae, everything will fall apart pretty soon."


Narrator.
"Can't sleep?" A voice spoke up from the door and she turned her head to see Luhan coming out to the balcony as he shut the door behind him. "Hey." She breathed out softly as he made his way towards her as he took a seat beside her.

Right after the competition, Jin Sae managed to meet up with her father. When random people were around they acted like they were conversing with one another about business related things but when the two of them were alone, she gave him a big hug. She even told him that she was now together with Luhan and she expected him to freak out or even warn her not to be with him but his reaction was the complete opposite. He laughed, as a matter of fact, he was rather amused. She tried telling him she was dead serious and wasn't joking but he had already known. Kris along with Lay gave him the sheet music and lyrics for their upcoming comeback album and from there he sensed Jin Sae was already in love.

What could Mr. Han do about it? Even if he tried to break the two apart, it would be hopeless. He knew better that during this age, teenagers like them won't stop at anything for love. What more when these two are stubborn ones? He had already lost the love of his life and there's no way he would try to risk losing his only daughter. This would be risky for EXO-M's image but for the sake of his daughter's happiness, and possibly his happiness too, he would work something out to make everything alright. 

2NE1 was announced to be the winners for the competition. Which means, they would be signed under Han Records which was just crazy because CL couldn't stop screaming along with the rest of the girls. Of course they went out to celebrate but Luhan insisted he didn't tag along. It wouldn't exactly be fair to tag along with another person's victory celebration especially when they could've won last year but EXO-M won instead.

Plus, although CL allowed it, he would feel out of place. CL needed her bestfriend at that moment and it would be selfish of him to be there where Jin Sae had to split her attention to two people."What are you doing out here?" Luhan asked softly as she shrugged her shoulders before she let out a sigh. "Tell me what's wrong." Luhan asked again before he tucked strands of her hair behind her ear. "What's with the sudden affection?" She questioned him although she wouldn't admit it, but she liked it. She liked how he would boldly act like this around her even though just a few months ago they would be on each other's throat but now everything was so different. Love, makes everyone go insane, even Luhan.

"You call that affection?" Luhan asked her, cocking an eyebrow before she scoffed softly. "Yeah, I do. What are you going to do about i-" Her voice trailled off when he got up and lifted her up in his arms. "Luhan! Put me down!" She raised her voice softly before she tried hitting him on his chest but that didn't matter to him. He sat down on the ground with his legs spreaded until there was enough space for her to fit in. He placed her in between his legs before he enclosed them on her to cage her in. Before she could even move away, not because she didn't want to be near him but she found this a little awkward especially when they just confessed their feelings for one another recently, Luhan wrapped his arms around her tiny frame before he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"This, is what I call affection." Luhan whispered into her ear before her body tensed up when his breath hit her skin. She gulped before she tried to push his hands away but his grip tightened. "Let's stay like this for a while." Luhan whispered into her ear again before she tried to relax her body as she leaned her back on his warm chest. "That's right. Lean on me." He smirked before she placed her hands on Luhan's arms hugging her waist tightly.

Han Jin Sae.
"Jin Sae," He called your name out softly before you responded with a soft "What?" As you stared down on the roads. Only a number of cars were passing by as it was getting late along with lights in the buildings before you were being offed one by one. "I'm sorry." He muttered softly before you raised an eyebrow. "Sorry for what?" You asked and his grip around you loosened. "T-That.." He croaked out softly before he sighed. "Say it out."

"Sorry that.. I can't show my love to you publicly like how other guys show their love to the girls they love."

Your lips parted before you realized how guilty he felt. All these while, now that you think about it, his actions to you were definitely loving but to others it may not seem like it. No one could say the two of you were together or would they have any proof the two of you were together. It could only be like that relationship you have with Sehun though to the people close around you would know the truth. Considering he's also a celebrity, you tend to forget that fact sometimes because he's always around. This is his last year in university but yours would end roughly next year or so.

You knew that right after his year in university, he would focus solely on his music career. God knows how busy he would be and where would he find time to spend with you. It would be twice as hard if your 'relationship' was to be kept as a secret. Not that you have anything against it, you knew how hard it must be to deal with everything if the two of you made it public. Imagine the amount of papparazi coming here and there just to take one miserable photo of the two of you and the next day it would make the headline news. Although now EXO-M didn't have a comeback yet, and their profile was held low, you knew that they had many obsessed or mentally deranged fans that would be stalking them everywhere.

Be it in the university itself or maybe even when they go out. "You don't have to apologize, Luhan." You breathed out before you could hear him let out a soft hiss. "Won't you feel disappointed? Won't you feel like I'm hiding our relationship away from the world?" You shook your head before you your lips. You turned around slightly so you could see his face and for the first time, you could stare into his eyes as the two of you were so close. His lips parted when he met with your eyes and it seems like the two of you couldn't say a thing. He found the gleam and the sparkle in your eyes were captivating, he didn't even know what he could say anymore. He doesn't even know where the boy he called Luhan was at the moment.

As you stared into his doe eyes, you gazed down to stare at his shoulder before you said, "That's why." His eyebrows knitted before you lifted your chin to meet his eyes again, catching him off guard when he thought your eyes couldn't make his heart beat faster. "Being with you, is enough."

"I don't know.. how long we'll last. I don't know how far we could go with this relationship and I don't know how we'll cope with everything but I do know that.." You were having difficulties just trying to pour out your emotions. Normally you would even barf just listening to yourself say these kind of words to Luhan, but at this right moment, everything felt right. And it felt like the two of you could say anything you want now before morning comes and the two of you wouldn't have the opportunity to just talk like this. To have a moment to let each other know what you really feel for one another.

"I know that.." You breathed out before he used one hand to tilt your chin to meet his eyes again because while you were talking, you broke contact with his eyes slowly without you realizing it. "Stop it." Luhan said to you before you blinked at him once. "I'm not even doing anything."

"There you've done it again."

"What?"

"There it is."

"What?" You said again, getting a little bit more impatient before his lips tugged upwards when he saw how frustrated you were becoming. He grinned, showing you that smile with his teeth that you didn't know you would love this much up until now. Knowing that you're the girl he smiles for, felt amazing. "There you go being yourself,"

"There you go being that girl that I fell for." He breathed out before you sealed your lips tight, knowing there's more to this. "I will tell you now, Han Jin Sae. That no matter how hard things get between us, because I know things will get hard for us. You could roughly tell based on the way we met but look at us now."

"But I will promise you, that.. I'm never giving up on you. I've come way too far, felt too much, cared too much, and talked too much ever since I've met you."

"Well then, put a cellophone tape over your lips and you'll solve your first problem."

"Tch, idiot." Luhan scoffed before you let out a soft laugh. He felt good when he heard you laugh. In fact, if he could, he would like to see this smile all the time but knowing you're not the type to smile a lot, he felt really good knowing he made you smile at least a few times in one day.

The next morning came by and you opened your eyes, wondering how did you get back here because the last thing you remembered was you were out in the balcony with Luhan. Not until you pulled off a sticky note on your forehead to read what was written on it.

'It amuses me on how fast you can fall asleep on my shoulder like that. Nevertheless, knowing that my shoulder is a good pillow for you feels nice. To make it up to me for probably giving me a sore shoulder, come over to my room after all your classes. Spend the night. Lay won't be here, God knows where the boy would be but I would like it if my girlfriend would be here. -You know who it is.'

You scoffed before you reread the whole note again until a voice spoke up beside you, "Now that he's with you, he's somehow less cocky."

You jerked up at the voice before you folded the paper and turned to see who it was. CL grinned at you before you leaned away from her the same time she leaned away from you. "Am I not right?" she smirked before you groaned. "Never do that again."

"Can't promise you that." She stuck out her tongue before she walked towards her bed where she picked up her bag on the ground beside her bed. You smirked as you got up from your bed. "You know, I'll be gone for the whole night."

"And so?" she said as her back was facing you because she was facing her bookshelf to take some books. "You have the whole room to yourself."

"And?"

"Jiyong could come by."

"Wher-"

"And stay the night." you smirked when she turned around and gawked open at you. "Jin Sae!"

"Well don't act like you won't like it." You grinned at her before she threw a paper ball at your face, which you ducked just in time as you dashed into the bathroom. About twenty minutes or so, the two of you were walking down the halls, arm in arm as you were walking her to her class. Not until you spotted Jiyong down the hall. You unlinked your arms with hers before you jogged down the halls, brushing past people to stand in front of him.

"Oh, hey." Jiyong waved a little before he peeked over your shoulder. "Hey baby!" He shouted loudly as he waved his hands at your bestfriend behind you who was slowly making her way here. "Hey listen up,"

"I'll be at Luhan's for the night."

"Sounds cool." Jiyong beamed before you smiled a little, seeing on how happy he was and how you could see that he's the reason why CL's really happy. "I wasn't done."

"Sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck before you waved a hand. "So would you like to stay the night at our place with CL?" you asked and the first thing he did was said an excited, maybe a little too loud "Yes!"

"Uh I mean.. That would sound really nice." He lowered down his voice before you smirked. "Good. Be there after your classes."

"No problem." He winked and showed an O.K. sign before CL made her way towards the two of you. "Just what were the two of you talking about?"

"Nothing baby." Jiyong smiled as CL rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah. Nothing? Shouting the word 'yes' seems pretty normal." CL said sarcastically before you smiled a little, wanting to see how Jiyong would handle this situation. "Aww," Jiyong whined a little before he cupped her cheeks. "Someone's a little moody today."

"Ugh." CL groaned as she pushed Jiyong's hands away. "Gotta go Jin Sae. See you later." was all she said before she made her way towards her class, making Jiyong feel guilty. "H-Hey! Wait up! We have the same class!" Jiyong said as he hurriedly slammed his locker shut but he dropped his bag and CL wasn't slowing down her pace. "Hey! Baby! Wait for me!" Jiyong shouted again when her figure was slowly blending in with the people in the hallways. "B-Bye Jin Sae! I've gotta run!" Jiyong said as he waved messily as he ran down the halls to chase after his girlfriend.

Narrator.
Jin Sae walked down the halls as a guy came to poke her by her arm as he walked side by side with her. Luhan pulled Jin Sae's bag away from her shoulder as he carried it for her. Snaps of camera could be heard as a camera was aimed at their direction. The person holding the camera leaned away before she smirked. "Just you wait Jin Sae, everything will fall apart pretty soon."

The person with the camera zoomed in on Luhan and Jin Sae's hands where Luhan held onto her hand tightly for a short period of time before he let it go. Snap. The photo was taken and the person smirked. "Just you wait."