Brave.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 31st July 2013.

Chapter 47 : Brave.
Lizzy her lips nervously as she gulped. She too, felt the tension rising in the room.


Han Jin Sae.
"And you think this song will be a hit?" you asked in an amused tone before Luhan scrunched his nose a little. "Shut up. I know it will." he muttered before he took the paper away from your hands. "This song is amazing and it will be even more amazing when we sing it together."

"What makes you think we'll be able to sing this?"

"Well, when everything dies down and when you're finished with university, you're going to have to get a job. So why not a singer-"

"Oh no no no no no. Don't you try to even drag me into this whole business."

"C'mon, your father is the owner of the most well known record label-"

"And what will they take me for? An actual singer or just a daddy's little girl who is taking advantage of her father's success?" Luhan bit his lip before he looked away. "You have a point."

"Damn straight I do." you snapped at him before you leaned on the chair. "It would be cool though." he muttered softly before you took the paper away from his hands. "This little song planning can wait. Until then, what's important is settling everything as well as this whole press conference. I'll need you, EXO-M and Lizzy to be as focused, calm and concentrated as you can during this whole press conference, do you understand?" Luhan smirked before he nodded his head as he leaned closer. "Understood."

"Alright alright, it's just like how we practiced and every single question they may ask is already in your mind." you said as you all were in the van. Currently, your stepfather was driving the van as he had taken some time from his work to come and support you during this press conference, even though you won't be there but you will be watching everything take place from the monitors as a camera will be recording everything for you to see in a seperate room. "Once we reach there, the seven of you will be entering and Lizzy will take a seat beside Luhan, got it?"

"Yes."

"Any other questions?"

"No."

"Good, cause we're here." Your stepfather spoke up as he parked the van at the back of the building of where this whole press conference was taking place at. Let's just say it was hell the moment the doors opened and the bodyguards were just guarding the whole van as well as making a path way for EXO-M, Lizzy, you and your stepfather to enter the building safely. You of course wore a cap, sunglasses along with a hoodie which underneath you were wearing something more presentable but knowing this all would happen, you covered up as much as your face as possible. Plus if you didn't cover up, Luhan wouldn't let you follow even though he needed you to be there.

When all of you entered the building, you and your stepfather headed towards a seperate room where there were two chairs along with a big monitor screen. "I hope everything goes well." you muttered softly and your stepfather held onto your hand when he switched on the monitor screen to see EXO-M entering the room filled with the press with Lizzy following beside Luhan. "Don't worry. They will be alright." he assured you as he gave a tight squeeze on your hand. For the first time, you could see why your mother had fallen in love with this man. He had this sort of aura to make sure you were fine as well as trying to connect with you in any way possible. There was no doubt that many could fall for him.

Luhan.
We all entered through the doors and already the press in the room gotten up to take photos of all of us. Flashes of cameras were blinding our eyes until the bodyguards that helped us in told everyone no more photos and they actually listened. Thank God because I thought we were going to go blind with all the flashes. We were behind this table that fitted seven people perfectly in front of the rows of press present here today.

There was a host or some sort, and it happened to be Mr. Han's secretary. "We will start by answering the questions before you may release your statement. Any questions related to Miss Han Jin Sae will not be tolerated." Miss Park said as we all nodded our heads. Miss Park scanned the press and soon a few of them had raised their hands. She chose one of them to stand up and so he did. He stood up and he had a recorder in his hands as he asked, "Luhan, can you clarify your relationship with Lizzy?"

Easy. Jin Sae asked me this. "We are friends. Nothing more than just friends." I answered calmly and Kris gave me a pat on my thigh as he was sitting beside me, indicating I was doing good for the first question. The man seemed unsatisfied as he sat back down when another woman asked a question. "This question is for Kris,"

"Yes?" Kris answered before the female asked, "How do you feel as a leader knowing that your member is in this kind of situation?"

"Definitely it breaks our hearts to see that he is put under this situation but all in all we're here to support him no matter what." Kris smiled a little at the end for the woman thanked and sat back down. "This question is for Lizzy,"

"Y-Yes?" Lizzy spoke up and I gave a pat on her hand on her thigh, trying to calm her down. I tried to keep a straight face on as the man who got up asked her, "Can you tell us your relationship with Luhan? And more on the incident which leaded to the photo being taken?"

"W-Well.."

"Lizzy, relax. Calm down and answer freely." I whispered and Lizzy nodded slowly before she smiled. "We are friends, just like Luhan had mentioned but on that day I was drunk. Little did I know, I was doing all sorts of crazy things which leaded to why I did that." The man said 'Thank you' before he sat down. "Can we get any confirmation whether Luhan has a girlfriend?" one of the females asked as she stood up and eyed me. "At the moment, that information is private information." Chen answered and the woman didn't sit back down. "At least just a little hint?"

Being the oldest, Xiumin answered with, "Like Chen had answered, this is Luhan's personal information and releasing that information at this moment is not allowed. If there is any news in the future, I'm sure we'll let you know." Xiumin ended his answer with a smile and I mentally thanked him. I would want to expose my relationship with Jin Sae one day officially but not today. Today will definitely not be a good day to expose all of that.

One of the male stood up from a while ago as he eyed me and Lizzy. "Can we get a confirmation on who is Han Jin Sae to you, Mr. Luhan?"

My lips parted before I tried to answer but Tao cut him off. "Questions on Han Jin Sae will not be answered."

"Tao, may we know why are you so protective over Miss Han?"

"E-Excuse me?" Tao's eyes widened before another woman asked, "Are you perhaps in a relationship with her?"

"W-What?" Tao stuttered before Lay tried to help Tao. "We've already strictly said that any questions related to Miss Han will not be answ-"

"Oh! Lay! Are you in a relationship with her then?"

Lay furrowed his eyebrows before attempting to keep a straight face on but there was no hiding that all of us began to panic now. They weren't following the conditions set. They just wanted scoop and juicy stories to be published on the front of the newspapers. I clenched my fists underneath the table knowing I couldn't reveal anything. This was all for Jin Sae's sake. I couldn't be selfish to blurt everything out.

Narrator.
"Everything is falling apart." Jin Sae breathed out as she shot up from her seat. She hissed when more and more of the reporters, press, interviewers were putting more and more pressure on EXO-M and Lizzy just to get some information out of them about her. Jin Sae gulped before she felt a hand holding onto hers tightly. Her eyes were still locked onto the monitor screen where she could see them finding difficulties to answer the questions. One wrong answer and the press will turn this all into another story. One story is bad enough. "This is all because of me." she breathed out before her stepfather gave her a squeeze at her hand. 

She gazed down to her stepfather who stood up and let go of her hand. He placed his hands on her shoulders. "Listen, Jin Sae,"

"I know that I'm not your.. actual father but I treat you like a daughter of my own and I think I know what I'm saying when I say this," her stepfather breathed out before he gazed up to meet his stepdaugther's eyes. "You are a grown up girl now. A teenager going on to be a woman. You should know what is right and what is wrong but at the same time, listen to what your heart is telling you.

"Listen deep down inside for the right thing to do and all the consequences will be paid later. I'm not telling you what you should do or what you shouldn't do but I'm just telling you that as long as you listen to your heart, I will support you all the way. And I'm sure your father would support you too." She nodded her head before her eyes darted back to the monitor where she could see them struggling to answer the questions even more just for the sake of covering up your relationship with Luhan. Jin Sae took out her phone to give a phonecall to her father as her stepfather watched her every move.

"Kris, tell us more about Jin Sae. Is she pretty?"

Kris furrowed his eyebrows. "What does that have to do with this?"

"So are you implying she's ugly?"

"What? I said no such thing!"

"So you're saying she's pretty ugly?"

"Excuse me?"

"Things are getting out of hand." Miss Park whispered over the microphone tagged on her shirt. Miss Park could see more and more of the press just standing up, bombarding them with questions. "Lizzy, are you enemies with Jin Sae?"

"W-What? No."

"So you two are best friends? How could you kiss her boyfriend?"

"Hey! No one said that Luhan was her boyfriend!"

"So you're saying that Luhan is single?"

"Is Luhan your boyfriend?" Another female popped in and everything was getting haywire. The press didn't know when to stop and neither did EXO-M and Lizzy knew when all of this was going to stop. Luhan's heart was beating so fast because he didn't know what he should do. He was lost and at the same time, he wasn't. He knew what he should do, which is keep on denying and hope that someone will pull them out and tell all the press that this press conference was over but no one was coming in anytime soon. But at the same time, his heart was shouting at him to just reveal everything.

It would be easier for him, EXO-M, Lizzy and Jin Sae. As well as saving all this hassle. Before he could even think of what he should do to save himself, s and Lizzy from this situation, he couldn't. The room was filled with questions being thrown at them and each member were struggling to answer them because they knew if they said one wrong word, this whole press conference would just be a big win for the press.

"Chen! You looked like you were pretty pissed when we talked to Luhan about Jin Sae. Do you perhaps like Jin Sae?"

"What?" Chen blurted out. "Xiumin! Is it true that Jin Sae is your best friend?"

"W-We're friends but not more than that."

"You seem to be stuttering. Are you nervous?"

"Well who wouldn't be-"

"So does that mean you're hiding something from us?"

"Huh?" Xiumin's eyes widened because he didn't know the press had this ability to just twist and turn everything around into making them blurt out the wrong things. They had to be more careful. "Luhan! Is there any indication on when you'll tell us if you're in a relationship?"

"Kris! As a leader, is it alright to have relationships? If so, do you have a relationship of your own now?"

"This question is for Tao! As the youngest in the group, does it mean you can have a girlfriend? If you can, do you have one at the moment?"

"Is there anyone that Luhan is going for at the moment, Lay? Considering you're his roommate, you should know!"

The press were squeezing as much information as they could out of EXO-M because they were a rookie group. They knew damn well that rookie groups have the hardest times controlling on what they say or their expressions. EXO-M looked at one another with worried looks on their face. This was really getting out of hand and they wished everything would just stop. Lizzy her lips nervously as she gulped. She too, felt the tension rising in the room. All tension fell and everyone kept silent the moment the door flung open.

Immediately Luhan's head shot at the door in front of him only to see Jin Sae, not in her disguise but in her normal clothings to reveal her face. Instantly the press all snapped photos at her. Jin Sae gulped, not knowing whether she had made the right choice to do this but at the moment, her mind was blank when all eyes were on her. EXO-M took it as if they saw a ray of hope when she entered the room and Lizzy felt relieved. Miss Park smiled a little but then she informed her father about the whole situation which, was already done by Jin Sae.

"I, Han Jin Sae, daughter of Han Jae Jung, owner of Han Records will give a clear statement on this whole situation. I will answer to all your questions honestly and truthfully. So EXO-M and Lizzy are not needed because I'm the one you really want." Jin Sae eyed Miss Park who gave her a nod. Miss Park called over bodyguards through the microphone before the door on the sides of EXO-M's table opened to reveal bodyguards. The bodyguards pulled EXO-M and Lizzy out of the room and much to Luhan's dismay, he doesn't want to leave Jin Sae alone to face everything. He wanted to face it with her. He couldn't say anything the moment the bodyguard dragged all of them and pushed them into the room where Jin Sae and her stepfather was at earlier. Now they were alone with the room locked and they could see Jin Sae through the monitor.

Luhan gulped as he locked his eyes at the monitor only to see his girlfriend being the brave one to finally face the press as Han Jin Sae, the daughter of Han Jae Jung.