A New Start.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 31st of July 2013.

Chapter 44 : A New Start.
"Let's start over. I don't bite."
"Yeah, that's what everyone says until they do."


Han Jin Sae.
You sighed before you looked away from Luhan after saying so much. Since he took the part to start explaining himself first on why Lizzy was kissing him, and how much he stressed on not wanting to kiss Lizzy at all, made you open up to him more than you expected. Not once you thought you'd let your tears fall in front of him just explaining to him why you did it, and how you felt when you did it. By doing 'it' means breaking up with him. Actually it was Lizzy kissing Luhan, not the other way around. Seems like she used photos of you and him to make a reason for Luhan to feel pressured into kissing Lizzy or even have the thought to do it. He was so pressured and all he was doing was just to protect you. It seems like you were doing the same for him and finally, he knew that.

"You did that... all for me?" Luhan croaked out as you nodded your head once slowly after you wiped away your tears with the back of your hand before he could do it for you, which you know he'll do it. You gripped onto the railings tightly as you let out a shaky sigh. Even you didn't know how things will turn out like. This world is getting more and more judgemental, you just wished everyone would stop... but that isn't how life goes. You weren't going to be at the press conference and you've made it clear already. Adding fuel into the fire would make things worst. Yes you were a victim, but if you were there things might turn hectic if Luhan clarifies that Lizzy isn't the one he's with, they would turn to you. You didn't even want to face anyone because it was already bad enough that it's exposed you're his daughter, what if they question about this 'J.S.' person? Not that it'll make a difference anyway. Once a part is out there, revealing the rest would mean nothing anymore. Slowly the sky was getting brighter and it was silent until Luhan broke the silence.

"So... everything that you said was-"

"Not true."

"Everything you told me on that night was... a lie? A lie just to protect me?"

"Yes." you breathed out before you gazed up to meet his eyes. His lips were pressed onto a thin line as he scooted closer towards you until his thigh was pressing onto yours and that's when you looked away. He reached over for one of your hands gripping onto the railings and before you know it, he was already lacing his fingers with yours as he placed your hand with his on his thigh. "You know I still love you." He whispered softly as your head remained looking away. You breathed out before he said, "And this isn't over between us." Furrowing your eyeborws, you turned to look at him but he wasn't done.

"That will make things worst. Can't you see I ended things between us for your own sake?"

"If it's for my sake, then tell me. Why am I hurting so much?" Luhan asked before your eyes softened. He used his free hand and placed it on his chest above his heart. "If it was for my sake, why does this beating thing inside of me hurts so much when you said goodbye? And tell me," He lifted his hand from his chest to reach over to place it on your chest, above your heart. "Why does your heart feel the same as mine?" Luhan let his head tilt to the side a little, waiting for an answer but there was nothing you could say. He turned his body a little so that he could see your face as his hand on your chest move to your cheek. Feeling the warmth on your cheek, made you feel safe. It actually made you feel like everything would be alright.

"If it's out there, then it's out there. You broke up with me because you didn't want everything to be exposed but now it's out there. Whether we like it or not, everyone knows. I want the world to know that I'm in love with a girl named Han Jin Sae. That girl I held hands with in the picture. Not the girl that kissed me in the picture beside it. Now that it's out there, we should face it together. Not run away from it." He shook his head before he pulled his hand back away from your cheek, even though you wanted him to remain his hand there for a little while longer.

"Where was that girl I fell in love with?"

"What girl?"

"That girl, named... Han Jin Sae." He used that other hand to tuck strands of your hair behind your ear before he went on. "She's this girl who would stand up for herself and stand by for anything that is right. She's brave, courageous, a little blunt but that's just the way she is. She has this cute side to her that she would never admit and whenever she smiles, to me, everything in the world seems to be alright again. Not once would she ever run from her problems. Where is that girl now?"

You let out a scoff before you shook your head. "She fell in love and..." Your voice trailled as you gazed to look at his face. "...she can't seem to get up."

"Because whether she likes it or not," you inhaled deeply before you exhaled as you lifted up your chin to look into his eyes. "She's in love with a stupid boy named Luhan who, insists they go through this together."

He his lips nervously before he asked, "And if this stupid boy, were to ask her to take him back in to face this together, because he knows the spark he shares with her is still present, what will her answer be?"

"Well if he asked then maybe she'll give an answer."

"Then..." Luhan dragged the word before he gulped as his grip around your hand tightened. "This boy here is asking right now for that girl to take him back. Because he needs her, he needs her a lot."

You let your lips tugged upwards before you let out a soft sigh. "The girl thinks that this all will get very messy and... things may not turn out so pretty." you answered before you pulled your hand away from his. He wanted to reach for your hand again but you placed your hand on top of his, stopping him. "But all in all, she's willing to take the risk and go through this crazy ride with that boy because at the end of the day, he's the only one she wants." You looked at him and slowly, a smile crept onto his face. A smile you've been missing for days now and he was showing it to you again, only because you gave him a reason to smile. "Do you want to know what the boy is thinking right now?"

"What?"

"That boy thinks, the girl he's looking at right now is an amazing girl."

"Tell me when is she not amazing?" you joked before he shook his head. He leaned in closer to give a soft peck your lips before he leaned away only to whisper on your lips. "We'll get through this. No matter what. It's you and me." You nodded slowly before you tried to look down but he lifted your chin up to lock his eyes with yours. "Remember, you... and me."

You were now back in your room with CL and Lizzy as the three of you felt like the atmosphere was awkward. Especially with this scandal thing going on and you weren't exactly on good terms with Lizzy. You avoided eye contact with Lizzy as you just lied down on your bed, texting Minho.

"So, the press conference is in two days time?"
From : Minho || Received : 3.42p.m.

"Pretty much..."
Sent : 3.44p.m.

"Things will be fine, alright? Don't worry about it so much :) Btw, Sulli says hi! ^^"
From : Minho || Received : 3.45p.m.

"You don't know that for sure but, yeah. I just hope things will. Hah, tell her I said hi too."
Sent : 3.45p.m.

"I've gotta go now, stay safe. If anything contact me or Sulli if you need us. xoxo <-- that was from Sulli."
From : Minho || Received : 3.46p.m.

Although you were feeling like crap, there was something to be happy about. You and Luhan were back together, although you were still unsure of how things will turn like. Minho was finally being happy and well, that is a valid reason to be happy for him already. You put your phone away before you let out a sigh. You hear a sigh coming from the sofa and you knew it was Lizzy. CL groaned as she shot up from her bed to look at the two of you. "Alright! We have to stop this!" She raised her voice before you and Lizzy sat up and looked at CL with a weird look. "Stop what?" You asked and Lizzy continued, "We're not even doing anything."

"This!" CL said as she made hand gestures at you and at Lizzy. "This atmosphere is weird and it doesn't feel right! We have to do something about this crap."

"She's only here until Sunday." 

"Yeah, after the press conference I'm going back to my own dorm." Lizzy backed you up and CL sighed. "What if she doesn't leave?"

"What?!" You and Lizzy chorused at the same time before CL breathed out. "Think about it. Mostly, it would be more safer if Lizzy were to stay here with us for a little while even after the press conference until this whole thing dies down."

"No." You and Lizzy deadpanned at the same time and for the first time, you may have something to agree on with Lizzy.

"Look I'm just say-"

"We're fine." Lizzy said simply before CL got up and pulled Lizzy from the sofa. She also got up and pulled you up from your bed before she made the two of you sit down on the ground opposite each other. "I don't care. The two of you try to work on this relationship before we continue on with the day. I will not stay here and let the two of you ruin this atmosphere." CL said as you looked at her. "Then go to Jiyong's room."

"I'm sure your boyfriend would like that." Lizzy said before CL gawked open. "Y-You know what? You girls are... just... oh forget it." CL said as she left the room, slamming the door behind her. You took a wild guess that probably she's going to Jiyong's room.

You and Lizzy remained seated on the floor opposite one another. The two of you let your eyes travel around the room until she spoke. "You know, you're not as bad as I thought you were." Lizzy admitted softly before you looked up to look at her face that wasn't facing yours at all. "Uh..." You croaked out before you rubbed the back of your neck. "You're not...that much of a as what others say."

Lizzy let out a soft laugh, noticing that you're not the type of person to compliment others and just that little comment from you could mean something more. "I know this may be too late but I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. From accusing you with the things with L.Joe and the whole coffee thing. Including that time when you first entered the class-"

"Save it." You raised a hand before you got up. You stood up as you looked down on her as she looked up to meet your eyes. "I wasn't exactly a saint either and... that would've probably contributed to the reasons why you were acting that way. Well, majority it was your fault but, I'm also to blame so... I'm sorry too." Lizzy smiled before she pushed herself up to offer a handshake. "Let's start over." You eyed her hand before she let out a soft chuckle. "I don't bite."

"Yeah, that's what everyone says until they do."

"Well, I can assure you I won't."

"Prove it."

"Give me a chance then."

You scoffed before you realized that she wasn't that different from you either. She was somehow blunt and rude but at the same time she was honest and she isn't afraid to go for what she wants. This may come across to be y for some but to you, it sure gained a little of your respect for her. "I might regret this but, to hell with that." You said as you shook her hand. "Hi, I'm Hwa Liz See. Mostly known as Lizzy or the of the whole university but that's not who I am. They don't get to know me but they assumed it that way."

Your eyes widened a little at her own remark but then since she was doing it, why the heck not? "Well then. I'm Han Jin Sae. Known as Jin Sae but now I guess I'll be known as Han Jae Jung's daughter which is... everything I am. I'm... not that different from you either."

"Jin Sae?" Lizzy called you out before you looked up to meet her eyes. For the first time, she wasn't glaring at you and you could actually see she was... somewhat nice. However, you're not going to let this just win you over like that. You had to get to know her first. "What?"

"I hope we can be friends."

You let silence take over before you pulled your hand away from hers. "T-That doesn't mean that I a-actually like you or anything."

She chuckled a little before she said, "I know."

"And you know that I won't be nice to you upfront right? You have to-"

"Earn it. I understand." She nodded and you gulped before you breathed out. "Fine. What now?"

There was a knock on the door and you could hear Luhan's voice calling your name out. Your eyes widened a little but soon they relaxed when Lizzy said, "Go on and meet with him. I'll be fine here alone." You sighed a little before you brush past her to get the door. You glanced behind only to see her lying back down on the sofa with a magazine in front of her face as she hummed a soft tune. Is this how she is every day at her own dorm alone? Why doesn't she have a roommate in the first place? Shaking off all thoughts, you opened the door to see Luhan smiling at you. He reached for your wrist and pulled you out until you were at your doorway but you stopped and tugged him back.

"I want you to come over to my room." Luhan said as he tried to drag you but you remained there. "Luhan," you called him out and he let go of your hand before he turned around to look at you. "CL is out."

He furrowed his eyebrows before he asked, "All the more reason to take you to be with me."

"Lizzy is here in my room."

"And so?"

"And so... Lizzy would be alone. I don't want that for her."

His eyebrows were raised as he placed a hand on your forehead. "Are you feeling alright? This little scandal news thing isn't getting into your mind, is it?"

You shook your head before you pushed his hand away. "I just..."

"I know how it feels like to be alone and, as much as I don't exactly like Lizzy, I could see that a change could happen for her and... I just think that even with all the way she's acting and all the trouble she's causing, she's also human. So yeah." You said the last two words awkwardly before you looked away from Luhan. You could hear him snickering before he cupped your cheeks, catching you off guard. "Fine, Lizzy can have my sweet girlfriend now but at night she's sleeping over. No buts, no discussion. I'll have to protect her since we're going through all this bull. But if it means I'll have my girlfriend close, it's fine."

You pushed his hands away before you scoffed. "What do you take me as? An object?" He shook his head before he flicked your forehead. "A woman. My woman." was all he said before he turned around to walk back to his room. One of the bodyguards who were guarding the two of you snickered and you smacked the back of the bodyguard's head. "Hey! That hurts!"

"It was supposed to." You said before you entered back the room and closed the door. You turned around only to see Lizzy a little shocked that you were here. "I-I thought Luhan was taking you away?"

"Yeah, well.. If I left you'd be alone so..." She raised her eyebrows, clearly looking like she's shocked but she tried to hide it. She failed horribly. "W-Why would you do that for? For me...?"

"Because," You breathed out as you lied down on your bed, staring at the ceiling. You would probably slap yourself right after this and question your own sanity but for now you'd let this slide.

"That's what... friends are for."