Cute Jealousy.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 22nd of July 2013.

Chapter 39 : Cute Jealousy.
"It's cute when you're jealous."


Han Jin Sae.
The bell rang and you mentally thanked God. This lesson was getting more and more boring you didn't know it was possible to yawn more than five times in a row. Everyone got up before the teacher reminded everyone to get back into class as soon as their break finishes. "Jin Sae!" A girl called out your name before you could leave the room. Turning around, you came face to face with one of your classmates, Jae Kwan. Jae Kwan was one of the girls in this class you thought was 'nice'. Unlike some girls in thie class who were just in this class for the sake of being in this class. She was somewhat different and friendly.

"I-I'm having troubles with this question. I don't know why but can you write down the answer for me?" She asked as you nodded your head before you took the book from her. "I'll do it now and hand it to you before our class continues."

"No no no!" She waved her hands in front of her chest as you held onto her hands. "It's alright. I'll do it." You assured her and she bit her lower lip. "N-Nevermind, I'll ask someone else. You should go and ea-"

"Jae Kwan, it's alright. Let me do it." You said as you took the book from her and got a pen from your table before you left the classroom as she stood there, dumbfounded. As you made your way to the cafeteria, a voice called you from down the hall. You turned around only to see Sulli jogging up to you with her hair and bag bouncing as she made her way towards you. "Slow down there." You said as she chuckled when she stood in front of you. "Hey!" She beamed and you smiled before you ruffled her hair. "What's with you?"

"I just wanted to tell you that.. me and Minh-"

"Are together?" 

She nodded her head eagerly before she wanted to hug you but she pulled her hands back. Lately you've been noticing that and sometimes Sulli would talk to you about it. Though, when she talks to you, Minho doesn't know that she's been talking to you about him. Sulli was the person you talked to about Luhan. Considering Sulli was both trustworthy and understanding, she was a good person to tell. Not that CL wasn't, she's been really busy along with 2NE1. It would be selfish to make her listen to your rambles when she has more important things to cover on.

You could see that she wanted to as your permission to hug you but instead you pulled her in for a hug, catching her off guard. "Don't let me hug you alone now, it's pathetic." You said as she hurriedly wrap her arms around you. She squeezed you tight before she giggled. "I can't believe he confessed!"

"You deserve it Sulli." You whispered as she nodded her head. "You deserve Luhan too." She smiled as she leaned away. "Shall we?" Sulli asked as she made hand gestures at the cafeteria door. "We shall." You smiled at her before she linked arms with you as the two of you made way towards the cafeteria. It was a thing now whenever it was recess. A row of tables conquered by EXO-M, 2NE1 along with you and Sulli. Sometimes 2NE1 wouldn't be there though because of their plans up ahead for them now but sometimes Minho would be here too just for Sulli and you. Sulli smiled as she unlinked arms with you when you stood in front of Luhan.

Luhan gripped onto your wrist before he pulled you to sit down beside him. Instead of eating, you placed the notebook on the table and started to do the work Jae Kwan had asked you to help her with. "Oh, Jin Sae, what are you doing?" Lay asked as you looked up at him for a moment. "Oh you know, building a castle."

A few of them laughed before Lay scrunched his nose a little. "You know that's not what I meant."

"I'm doing my work." you answered simply before you continued to write down the answer for her. You were sitting at the end of the table while 2NE1 was on the other end of the table. Beside you was Luhan, opposite you was Lay and beside Lay was Xiumin. Luhan grabbed the book away from you before you could even write another line. You glared at Luhan before you tried to snatch it back. "Give it back Luhan." you sighed but Luhan wouldn't give it to you back. "Why are you doing it for anyway? I thought you always finish your work in class?"

"This isn't for me." Luhan raised an eyebrow before he tried to look at the name of the owner of the book but you snatched it away from him. "Hey! I was going to read that!"

"Oh yeah? Well that didn't pop into your mind when I was writing." You snapped back at him before you showed your tongue at him. The rest of the people at the table laughed at how the two of you were supposingly boyfriend and girlfriend but the way the two of you bicker were as if you two were married. "The owner of this book is Jae Kwan, alright?" you answered as you finished writing the answer in the book before you closed it to look up at the few looking at you. 

"Pft, who the hell is 'Jae Kwan'?" Luhan snapped at you as he took a bite at his sandwich roughly, making it look as if you've done something wrong. "Jae Kwan happens to be a very good classmate thank you very much. Way better than any of the people in the class there. Good in studies as well as a good listener. A perfect classmate if you asked me." You answered as you leaned back on your chair. "Whoever he is, I bet I'm way better." Luhan muttered softly before you leaned closer towards him. "Sorry, what?"

"I said I'm better than him."

You scoffed before you rolled your eyes at him, though you found this rather amusing that he thought Jae Kwan was a guy.

"Luhan, listen. Jae Kwan is-"

"Save it, I don't need to hear what another guy is better than me in. I'm your boyfriend and I say I'm better than whoever this Jae Kwan person is." Luhan said as he turned to look at you and he used a finger to make your mouth open so that he could put the piece of sandwich he tore off into your mouth before he pushed your jaw up until your mouth closed. "Now stop doing his work and eat. He can finish his work on his own." Luhan said as he took your hand and placed the sandwich he was biting off a moment ago. Your lips tugged upwards a little when he noticed how he gets jealous, yes, but it's a sign that he cares.

He cares in a way that is different and yet you found this one of his charms that was cute. "Whatever you say." You shrugged your shoulders as you ate the sandwich he gave you. "Isn't Jae Kwan that pretty girl with long brown hair?" Xiumin mouth the words at you before you smiled and nodded your head when Luhan wasn't lookling. Xiumin smirked before he whispered something into Tao's ears, making Tao laugh before Tao went on to tell the rest of everyone. Luhan raised an eyebrow and stared at everyone weirdly. "What's the big joke?" Luhan asked but no one said anything. "Nothing, Luhan. Just nothing." You smiled when he looked at you. He narrowed his eyes at you but then under the table you gave his hand a light squeeze, making him smile a little.

Within 30 minutes, the bell rang and it was time for you to get back to your class. Luhan was walking you back to your class and right after that he would leave. Just as you reach in front of your class, Jae Kwan happened to come in at the same time. "Oh! Jin Sae!" Jae Kwan beamed at you as she waved at both you and Luhan. "Hey Luhan." She smiled and Luhan nodded before he looked away.

"Here's your book, Jae Kwan." You said as you handed her book back. Luhan's head snapped back at the two of you before he leaned closer towards Jae Kwan, pointing a finger at her. "You're Jae Kwan?"

"Y-Yes." Jae Kwan nodded before you smiled at Jae Kwan. "Go in Jae Kwan." You motioned her in as she nodded her head slowly right after she thanked you for helping her. When she was in the class already, you faced forward only to meet eyes with Luhan, who was confused and felt really dumb right now. "J-Jae Kwan is a girl?!" He raised his voice and you placed a hand over his mouth, not wanting him to attract any attention but watching him like this was fun. You leaned in closer to whisper into his ears, "It's cute when you're jealous. I'll see you later. Bye." You leaned away and pulled your hand from his mouth before you gave a light tap on his cheek, bringing him back to reality when he blinked his eyes multiple times at you only to realize you were inside your class already. "Tch, stupid girl." Luhan whispered as he rubbed his cheek on where you lightly tapped him before he walked away as a smile crept onto his face when he just realized you called him cute indirectly.

The bell rang again, indicating the class was over but the only thing that was on your mind was getting to Luhan's room. You walked down the halls, brushing past people to make your way towards Luhan's dorm. When you reached in front of his room door, the door opened, revealing Luhan in an apron. His eyes widened but he pulled you in before anyone could see. He locked the door and you smirked when you saw his apron. It had a pink Hello Kitty printed on the front as well as cute paws as the pocket. "Cute apron." you commented and he hissed. "Shut up." he groaned before he took your bag from your shoulders before he placed it on his bed. "Chill around while I make dinner, I'm almost done." he muttered the last part softly before your lips tugged upwards. 

You sat down on the sofa opposite the television as he went back into the kitchen. "Remote control is on the coffee table." he said before he closed the kitchen glass door. You nodded your head before you reached for the remote control. As you flipped through the channels, there were no interesting shows that caught your attention. Instead, you switched off the television before you got up and walked towards the kitchen where you stood in front of the glass door to see Luhan frying some fried rice in a wok. A bead of sweat rolled down his temple but he easily wiped it off with the sleeve on his arm as he continued to fry the rice. You narrowed your eyes to see that on the apron, Lay's name was sewed on it. Smiling a little in amusement, you took out your phone and knocked on the glass door.

When Luhan looked at your direction, you snapped the photo and snickered a little before you backed away. "Hey!" you hear him shout from the kitchen but that didn't bother you. What you were focused on was that photo you have of Luhan in a pink apron, frying rice with a clueless yet cute face on. The cute part was something you would never admit but you knew deep down inside he was probably the prettiest boy alive. You stood in front of the door with your back facing Luhan as you continued to stare at the photo.

The way his hair looks in the photo along with the situation. It seems pretty girly at first glance but as you continued to stare at it, you noticed how muscular he really was. "Hey!" He said as he back hugged you, attempting to get your phone from your hands with his arms coming from the back. "Get away. You stink." you snapped at him playfully but that didn't stop him. "Oh yeah?" He said in an amused tone. Instead of just reaching for your phone, he wrapped his arms securely around your waist from the back until his chest came in contact with your back. You could feel his warm chest and although he was sweating, that didn't cross your mind nor did it bother you.

"How does this feel now?" He asked and you pried away from him as you tried to brush off your clothes that was now filled with his scent when you turned around to face him. "I smell horrible now."

"Come here you little-" Luhan didn't even bother to finish his sentence as he came towards you as he hugged you tight while he pushed you until you fell onto the sofa with your back landing on the sofa. You couldn't help but laugh a little and he did the same. When the laughter died down, he leaned away with his arms still around you to look at you in the eyes. Luhan swallowed hard before his lips parted as the two of you remained in that position. His breath hit your skin and you shuddered inside as he leaned in closer and closer to press his lips against yours. "You're a huge distraction." He whispered on your lips but before he could kiss, you held onto his shoulders and he leaned away to look at you.

You furrowed your eyebrows when you smelled an odd smell filling the room slowly. He too, furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed your change of expression.

"What's wrong?" 

"Don't you smell something?"

"Like?"

"Like.. something's burning." You said as his eyes widened and he got off you. "The fried rice!" he shouted as he dashed into the kitchen again. You could hear him coughing and you could also see puffs of smoke coming out from the kitchen. Endless coughings could be heard and that's when you got worried a little. You got off the sofa, made your way towards the kitchen only to see Luhan on the ground with a cloth in his hands. He was knocked out and you ran into the kitchen to drag him out of the kitchen. He must've inhaled too much of the smoke until he felt dizzy and well, he passed out. He must've felt lightheaded. At least he managed to switch off the fire though.

"You're such an idiot." You muttered softly as you lifted him up with an arm over your shoulder to put him on the sofa. After you lifted his legs to let them rest on the sofa, you took off the apron off him before you put it on yourself. Walking back into the kitchen, you tried to see what ingredients he had left and tried to whip something up. You weren't the best chef in the world but you could manage well without burning the whole house down. Your cooking was edible. Let's just leave it at there.