Holding A Grudge.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 14th of May 2013.

Chapter 2 : Holding A Grudge.
“You never let go of a grudge, do you?" Kris shook his head as I smirked. "Never."


 

Han Jin Sae.
“But wait,” your father called out before you could walk out of the office. “What?” you asked as you turned around to look at him. “You’re going to the same university as them, what if they recognize you or something?” This was exactly what you were afraid of. You looked around as he kept silent. He too, was thinking of something that would work. “I’ll reveal myself to them.” You said as his eyes widened. He shot up before furrowing his eyebrows. “You said you wanted to keep your identity a secret. W-Why them? What if they reveal your identity?”

“Well..” you started off as you walked back towards him before placing the file on the table. You let out a slight hiss before looking back at him. “It’ll be really stressful if I were to keep hiding my appearance especially when I’m in the same university as them. Plus, I wouldn’t want to be called a two-faced liar for hiding my identity from them 24/7. Remember dad, I’m living in the dorms there. If I’m not mistaken, they’re living there too right? Based on their portfolios.” Your father nodded his head before you went on. “My point exactly, I would probably reveal myself to them one way or another. They could even find out by themselves and that’s when they would feel betrayed. Before all of that happens, I’d like that to be prevented.”

He nodded approvingly before saying “Way to keep it professional.” He smiled as he took a step closer. “Do you like anyone out of the six?” he wiggled his eyebrows as you lifted up the file to smack him at his arm. “Hey! You’re a girl you know. And these guys aren’t bad looking. I know them and they’re nice.” He rubbed his arm as you put down the file. “When I actually like one of them I’ll let you know.” You smiled as he showed an O.K. sign before taking the file from your hands. “But I really don’t want any drama where they reveal my identity so could you come up with some conditions that will happen if they reveal my identity?”

He smirked the moment you said that. “I’ve got it under control.” He grinned before you smiled. “Come, I’ll bring you to them. Make sure you don’t take off your sunglasses. Since you said you wanted to wait until next week.” You walked out of his office and Miss Park pulled you to her table before your father could actually lead you away. Your father turned around only to realize you were beside Miss Park. He stood by the hallway as he waited for her to talk to you. “I heard it’s your birthday today.” She grinned as she took out a small paper bag. “Yes it is.” You grinned as she handed you the paper bag. Miss Park wasn’t only your father’s secretary. In fact she was your kindergarten teacher since you were young in the province.

She followed your father here to pursue her career but your father offered a job to her and how could she reject it? It offered a good pay and let’s just say she needs the money to send it back to the province for her mother’s operation. “Happy birthday angel.” She whispered as you took the paper bag. “Thank you.” You smiled as she hugged you. “Go on.” She gestured you to head to your father, which you did.

Your father opened the door for you and immediately you went in with him following behind you. There they were, EXO-M. You finally saw their faces in person, apart from Luhan because you bumped into him a moment ago. They seemed to be the only group practicing in the vocal room. They stood up and bowed to your father. “Alright boys, stand in a straight line to introduce yourselves.” He ordered as they didn’t hesitate to stand in a straight line. “You again.” A voice spoke up as you turn to look where that voice came from. This boy is really being a pain in the .

“Why? I can’t be here?” you questioned as a taller boy nudged Luhan’s arm. “We are one! Hello! We are EXO-M!” they greeted as they bowed. [A/N-I didn’t want to add any Korean/Mandrin here so I converted it into English] “Alright,” your father said as he patted your shoulder. “Take it away.” He lightly pushed your shoulders as you took the file from his hands and handed him the paper bag. You opened the file and started to scan them one by one. The first boy you started from was a boy named Tao. Luhan was on the other end and you wanted to save him for last.

“So you’re Tao.” You pointed as you looked up from the file to compare his portfolio photo with how he looked like in real life. He gulped before nodding his head. For some reason even though they didn’t know who you were, they were somehow a little intimidated by you except for Luhan of course. That cocky bastard. You went on to the boy beside Tao, Lay. “Zhang Yixing.” You pronounced his real name as he nodded his head while saying “Y-Yes that’s me.”

“You’re the dancer of the group.” You nodded as you moved on to Kris. “You’re the leader. Also known as..”

“Kris..or Duizhang. Whichever you’re comfortable with.” He finished your sentence and you took a good look at him. You took a step closer towards him and lowered your sunglasses just a little. He wanted to take a step back but you pulled him by his collar. You tilted your head a little after hearing gasps in the room before letting him go. “You’ve got potential..” you muttered softly before letting go of his collar. You brushed his collar for him before he could do it. “Sorry, it was an instinct to pull you closer when you wanted to back away.” You apologized as he nodded before flashing a smile in understandment. You moved on to Xiumin and he flashed a big smile showing his teeth. You stared at his face for a while before glancing back at the file in your hands.

“You seem oddly familiar..” You whispered to yourself before looking up at him as he said, “S-Sorry?” You shook your head before tapping his cheek. “You’re cute.” His eyes widened and his cheeks were slightly pink. You could hear behind you a few guys teasing Xiumin as he covered his face with his hands. You stood in front of Chen and he looked confident. You looked down at his portfolio and he was the main vocalist. You smiled a little at his portfolio when you saw he auditioned with the song ‘Wei Yi by Wang Lee Hom’. It was a very sweet, deep and meaningful love song. You looked up at him and he gulped. “You listen to Wang Lee Hom?” He cracked a smile before nodding his head. “He’s like my idol.” You shrugged your shoulders before saying, “I’ll get him to meet you one day.” His mouth gawked open before he stepped forward to give you a tight hug. “Really?! That would be amazing!”

“Chen!” a few of them shouted as he let go of you to take a step back into the line. “S-Sorry. I-I didn’t mean to-“ you raised a hand before he could go on stuttering with his words. “It’s alright.” You brushed your hair away from your face before moving onto the last boy in the row. You turned to face him and he was glaring at you. “And you’re the cocky one.” You closed the file, not even interested in looking at his portfolio. “What are you? A stalker?”

“Me? A stalker?” You questioned in amusement before letting out a fake laugh which died off after a few seconds. “Not even close, cocky.” You turned around and tossed the file at your father which he caught swiftly. You gave him a nod and he cleared his throat. “Boys!” he managed to clap his hands even though he was holding your things. “You all know who J.S. is right?” he asked as they shouted ‘Yes!’ in unison. “Is she here today?” Xiumin asked as Tao asked “Are we finally meeting the person who wrote our debut song?”

“Well..” your father dragged the word as he turned to look at you. The boys followed his gaze only to land their eyes at you. Luhan’s eyes darkened as he let out a soft “You can’t be..” You cleared your throat before standing beside your father, facing the row of boys. “You’re looking at her.” Your father beamed as he slung an arm over your shoulder. They looked at one another before they clapped their hands in gratitude. “One, two, three.” Kris counted as they shouted, “Thank you!” in unison after a bow. It was hilarious to you when Luhan didn’t want to bow but Xiumin forced him to. “And she’ll be writing your new single as well. Anticipate a lot from her.” Your father boasted as they nodded their heads. “But wait,” Lay voiced out as everyone turned to look at him. “I-Is J.S. your name? Is that your real name?” He asked as you looked at your father.

“Let’s just say her identity is to remain a secret until next week. She’s willing to reveal her identity to you six next week only. For this week if she comes by here, you’ll address her as J.S., understood?” the boys nodded their heads but you couldn’t really care less about what was going on. You were busy looking for your song book after putting your paper bag into your bag and your heart felt like it fell the moment it wasn’t in there. You dropped your bag and you didn’t care if you received stares because your father seemed to stop talking. “Honey, is everything fine?” he asked as some of the boys gasped. “Is she y-your wife?!” Tao exclaimed as Kris hit him at his head. “Tao! That’s not what you ask someone!” Kris hissed as your father chuckled. “No, she’s my daughter.” He answered as he looked back at you. “Ah..” a few of them chorused at the same time as they stared at you.

“It’s gone.” You whispered as you checked your bag one last time. “Are you sure? Take everything out.” Your father asked as he helped you empty your bag. There wasn’t much in your bag, but whatever you carried make the boys stare at it. “I-Is everything alright, President Han?” Kris asked but even your father didn’t answer him. In your bag there was nothing but pencils, erasers, a few sketch books, your iPod with your earphones and a few other song books. “Look at how many song books she has..” Chen whispered softly but you could hear it. Out of all the song books, there was one special one that was missing. Two of the autograph books were Kyungsoo’s and you pushed them to your father telling him to get their autographs.

“Is everything alright?” Kris asked again as you hurriedly kept everything. Maybe it was back in the café. “She lost something very meaningful to her and-“ your father’s voice trailed off the moment the door opened. Your eyes brightened when Sehun walked into the room. “Am I bothering anything?” he asked as your father chuckled to pat him on the shoulder. “No.” your father answered as Sehun stood in front of you. “Sehun-ah..” you called him as you slung your bag over your shoulder. “We have to go back, I think I lost something.” You said as he grinned. “Why are you smiling?” your eyes darkened as he revealed a book hiding behind his back in front of your face. “Is it this?” he questioned as he smiled with his teeth.

You took the book from his hands and it was your song book. You looked up at him and he smiled before your arms made their way around his waist. “Thank you! I thought I lost it!” you whispered into his chest as you could feel him chuckling and your hair. “Silly girl. I saw it on the table. Kyungsoo took it out to put in his autograph book but he forgot to put it back in.” he explained as you broke the hug to place your hands at his waist. “That did what?” you raised a brow as he pulled away from you to reach for your hands. “Let’s go.” He grinned before walking towards your father. “Mind if I steal your daughter? Mr.Han?” he asked as your father chuckled at how bold Sehun was. “Take her all night. It’s her birthday anyway.” Your father gestured him to take you and he didn’t hesitate to pull you out of the vocal room.

Luhan.
The moment they left, President.Han smiled at us before telling us to work hard. He left a few minutes after talking to Kris. “You,” Kris called me out as I was sitting down on the ground with my back leaning against the wall. “What?” I snapped at him as he hit my head. “What the hell was that for?” I asked as I rubbed my head. “You have to control your manners in front of J.S.. She’s someone important. Without her we wouldn’t have a great debut song.” I scoffed before Kris hit my head again. “Alright! I get it!”

I let out a heavy sigh before the rest of the boys sat around me on the ground. “What did you do to her that made her hate your guts?” Chen asked as I rolled my eyes at him. “I bumped into her and-“

“He became a rude .” Xiumin said monotonously. “Wow, how am I not shocked?” Lay said as I let out another heavy sigh. “But she’s so nice.” Tao said as everyone agreed but me. “Nice? Maybe in front of you guys.” I scoffed as some of them gave me a look. “Look, you have to be nice to her. We all do. We should be grateful the fact she would gladly help us write another song.” Kris said as I waved a hand at him to show that I was listening but I wasn’t really paying attention. She has a boyfriend? What, his name is.. Sehan? Sehun? Whatever his name is. I wonder what he sees in a girl like her. God bless his soul.

“We’re heading back to university in a few days. Any goals?” Lay asked as he lied down on the floor with his back. “I want to ace my exams.” Tao answered as a few of them agreed. I didn’t even know everyone else had said their goals except for me. A hand wave in front of me as I looked at whose hand it was. “Stop thinking so much about J.S.” Xiumin grinned as I pushed him by his shoulders. “Me? Think about her? Forget it.”

“Just wait until I see her again.” I said softly as I stared at the ground while shaking my legs a little.

“Luhan’s being an again.” Lay chimed as a few nodded their heads. “You never let go of a grudge, do you?” Kris shook his head as I smirked. “Never.”