Thirteen.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 5th of June 2013.

Chapter 13 


Han Jin Sae.
"You're late by three minutes Miss Han." Mrs.Jin spoke up from her seat, not lifting her head up to look at you when you entered the room. Luhan and Minho were already in the room. This room was like a normal classroom. As in, the one of normal size like it was in high school. Luhan sat on the right corner at the back while Minho sat on the left corner. "You're lucky I'm even here." you breathed out softly and her head shot up to look at you. "Take that seat in between the two boys there." she pointed at the empty seat between Minho and Luhan. There were only eighteen chairs and tables in this classroom, excluding the teachers table and they were arranged in the order of three by six rows.

You groaned before you walked all the way towards the two boys and sat down in between them with a gap between your table and theirs. "So, what do we do in detention?" you asked Mrs.Jin and she scoffed to look up at you. You raised an eyebrow and she put down her pen. "You do absolutely nothing." she smirked and you furrowed your eyebrows. "Then what's the whole point of being here?"

"To let you suffer." you scoffed as you nodded your head. "Wow this is so suffering." you muttered to yourself but it seems like the two boys beside you had heard it as they let out a soft snicker. "So we sit here, for three hours and we're going to do absolutely nothing?" She lifted her head up again before she hissed. "Yes, except for Minho. He'll only be here for an hour." she said before she looked down to continue her work. "You are one lucky dude." you whispered to Minho who could only flash you his smile. You let out a soft sigh before taking out your notebook to write some songs. 

You can't seem to focus when you could feel stares from both your left and your right side. You cleared your throat and from the corner of your eyes you could see them looking away. "Idiots." you muttered under your breath when you flipped open the book and your eyes widened when you saw what you've written on the page the other day.

I should be over all the butterflies,
But I'm into you,
And baby even on the worse nights,
I'm into you.

Let them wonder how we got this far,
Cause I don't really need to wonder at all,
Yeah after all this time,
I'm still, into you.

You gulped and suddenly your book was snatched away from the person sitting on your left. You turned to see Minho reading the lyrics and his head lifted up to give you a pitiful look. "Y-You.." he glanced at the book down before he looked back at you. "Is this about you?" he asked as you hesitantly snatched your book back. "O-Of course not."

Narrator.
The door creaked open and a blonde guy came in with a bag tugged over his shoulder. "You're late by 10 minutes, Mr.Lee." Mrs.Jin spoke up and he could only let out a soft chuckle. "Sorry, I was pretty caught up with work."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Enough with your lies and take a seat in front of Miss Han." she said as she pointed with her pen at the girl sitting at the back without looking up. He gulped before he turned to look at the girl who was dressed up in casual clothes along with her hair laid down perfectly on her shoulders. He received looks from the two guys sitting beside her as though they were ready to pounce on him any minute but he didn't care.

Just focus on this, and don't be bothered with him. She tried to concentrate on writing the lyrics on her book but she couldn't. Hell, she couldn't even write a single word now nor hold her pencil properly. He cleared his throat before he dragged himself towards the table in front of her and sat down. He glanced back to see if she was looking but much to his dismay, she wasn't. She didn't even want to acknowledge his presence. "Hey, I'm Minho. You are?"

"Huh?" the blonde let out as he realized that someone was talking to him. Minho chuckled before he offered a hand. "I've seen you around here but I've never talked to you. So hi, I'm Minho." The blonde gulped before he rubbed the back of his neck. "Lee Byung-Hyun." he answered before he shook Minho's hand. "You can call me L.Joe though." L.Joe said before he pulled his hand back. Minho nodded before he asked, "Why L.Joe though?" L.Joe smiled before he shrugged his shoulders.

"Jin Sae." he called out softly as he turned his chair around to face her. "Listen to me, we need to talk." he said as he tried to reach for her hand but she pulled her hand back with her eyes still glued onto her notebook. "I know you hate me to my guts but please." he pleaded and she looked up to meet his eyes. From there she felt absolutely nothing anymore even though she would reminisce back to the times when they were together. "What do you want?" she asked coldly and he gulped. He wanted to say something but she went on. "You have some guts to show your up here. Some guts." she nodded to emphasize on her point. "You two know each other?" Minho asked but no one would answer him. Luhan placed a finger on his lips to signal Minho to shut his trap and for the first time, Minho listened to Luhan.

"Like you said," she breathed out as she kept her books and pencil into her bag. "I'm no one to you." she said as she zipped up her bag before tossing it back to the ground beside her. She looked up to meet his eyes, "And you're no one to me." she crossed her arms on the table. All the more reason to take a nap now. "I don't care." he breathed out as he turned his chair back to face front. "We need to talk." he mumbled before she rested her head on them to avoid any looks she was getting from the boys in the room. She could tell they were staring. "Jin Sae." he muttered softly before he placed a hand on his chest to grip on the necklace she gave him on their 3rd year anniversary. "I need to hear your voice more."

Minho pulled his chair a little bit closer towards Jin Sae's chair before he poked her side. She jerked up but she didn't want to lift her head up. She couldn't. Minho sighed before he took out his notepad in his pocket and wrote a note and swiftly slipped it under her arms as he tried not to touch it with her face. Jin Sae's eyes widened but she could see the note clearly even though it was on the table and very close to her face.

Is he someone you knew?

She decided not to care about the note even though she would want to tell. For someone just bottling it up for so long, she just wants to let it all out to someone. Of course Sehun knows everything but he's the only one who knows. Even EXO-K doesn't know about it. Yunho and Changmin didn't even know she had a boyfriend when they left. Since the breakup happened a year before she came to Seoul, she decided to leave it at that. Before she could go on to think if she should tell him or not, another paper slipped in.

We can talk about this in the library if you'd like. :)

She managed to smile a little over how sweet Minho was being even though they weren't off to a good start at first. The only thought in her mind was why doesn't he have a girlfriend? Like before, she couldn't even think of anything else when another paper was slipped in front of her eyes. If he were to keep this up, soon she would need to lift her head up and throw all the papers away but this was the last one. 

Telling me all about this in the library it is. I'll meet you there then. Goodnight sleepy head. :)

She jerked up in her seat and lifted her head up when Mrs.Jin said "Minho!" She rubbed her eyes and Luhan, who was sitting beside her found that gesture.. attractive. He mentally slapped himself when he thought that, not that he regretted it. It was his thoughts anyway. He looked away and gulped as he was actually just looking at her the whole time her head was down on her arms. "You are free to go." Mrs.Jin said to Minho, as if this was jail. Minho got up from his seat and Jin Sae leaned back on her chair as she looked at Minho. He came closer and pinched her cheeks before he whispered, "Remember to come, hmm?" before he leaned away. She slapped his hands away and he ruffled her hair. "I freaking told you not to-"

"Miss Han." Mrs.Jin called out before Jin Sae shut . "Thanks a lot." she muttered under her breath and Minho couldn't help but smile. "You're welcome." Minho said before he walked out of the classroom. As L.Joe turned around, Mrs.Jin used a pen to slam it on the table, making L.Joe face front again. "You too, may leave." she pointed at L.Joe and he sighed before he got up. He was waiting for Jin Sae to wake up in hopes to talk to her but seems like now he has to leave. "Can I stay here until Jin Sae has to go?" he asked but Luhan scoffed loudly. "Yah, you can get out of detention. Why stay here?" Luhan asked and Jin Sae turned to look at Luhan.

Luhan smirked at her before he turned to look at L.Joe. L.Joe caught that smirk Luhan gave Jin Sae and he didn't like it one bit. "What are you, my master?" L.Joe scoffed before he tugged his bag over his shoulder before he glanced at the girl who was sitting behind him this whole while. "I don't care if you don't want to talk to me. I want to talk to you and..we still have things to settle." he said as when he tried to turn to walk forward, she spoke. "We settled things a year ago." He gulped before he turned around. "If anything it's you who just left an-" she breathed out before she looked away. She tried to rephrase her sentences but it was pointless when he dropped his bag onto the chair before he placed his hands on the table and used on of the hand to cup her chin to tilt her face to look at him.

"I have so much to say. Please hear me out." she stared into his eyes and she could remember the first time she's seen his eyes this close. It made her heart skip a beat in the past but now it had no effect on her. "Please." his voice cracked and it sounded like he was going to cry anytime soon. "Fine." she said as she pushed his hand away from her chin. He gave a quick peck on her lips before he leaned away. "I'll see you." he gave her a nod before he quickly took his bag and left the room before Mrs.Jin could say anything. Jin Sae rubbed her lips before muttering, "That bastard still has the guts to kiss me."

"Who is he? An ex?" Luhan asked before she mumbled a soft "Yeah, so what?" before she crossed her arms on the table to sleep again but this time Luhan wouldn't let her. He poked her arm and she lifted her head to look at him. "What do you want now?" she asked but he smirked. "Entertain me." he said as she leaned away and uncrossed her arms before she rested her back on the chair. "I'm not your entertainer. Go find your own source of entertainment." she snapped back at him but he could only smile. "Yeah, I found it."

"And what is it?" Luhan used his finger to point it around the room before he landed it her direction. "It's you."

"You're crazy."

"Says you."

"You two may leave now." Mrs.Jin spoke up but when she lifted her chin up, she could only see the two sleeping on the table. Jin Sae was sleeping with her head on one arm, facing Luhan. Luhan was doing the exact same thing as though he was a mirror. "Stupid young sweet couple." Mrs.Jin cursed softly before she got up from her seat. "YAH! WAKE UP!" she shouted and the two jerked up immediately after hearing her voice. "The two of you can leave. Get out." she said as she left the keys on the table. "Lock up on your way out and leave the keys on my table." she said as she left the room.

She stretched her arms before she let out soft sounds because she was stretching and Luhan was just trying to open his eyes. They were asleep for two hours and they felt like sleeping even more but they knew they had to get out of the room. She stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder. She dragged herself towards the table and grabbed the keys. Luhan was following behind her with a bag over his shoulder when he accidentally tripped on the leg of the table. She turned around to ask him who was going to lock up when she couldn't because she felt lips on hers. She opened her eyes only to realize Luhan's lips were on hers.
 

 


Song lyrics used : Still Into You - Paramore.