Love On Top.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 31st July 2013.

Chapter 45 : Love On Top.


Han Jin Sae.
"Since I stayed here for you, tell me something I don't know." you said with your arms crossed behind your head on the pillow. "What?" you hear her saying from the sofa. "Forget it. I'll just ask a question then."

"Go on."

"Why don't you have a roommate?" There was silence and you lifted your head up to look at her. The look on her face was unexplainable. It was as if all emotions on her face was gone. "My father wouldn't allow it."

Her father.. the headmaster?

"Our headm-"

"Yeah." She breathed out before you could even finish saying that word. You sat up with your legs crossed on the bed as your elbows propped on your thighs, waiting for her to go on. "Ever since my mother died, he thinks that I should be kept at all times from the world. Not allowing me to have any friends. Do you remember that girl? The girl that followed me around for a moment?"

Remembering one of her friends who was with her, you nodded your head. "She was paid to be my friend."

You raised an eyebrow before you gulped. You could see her hands trembling on her thigh. "When I knew about it, I was angry and I was furious but at the same time, I appreciated her friendship. Even if it was fake. Sulli.. I could tell she would be a great friend but knowing my father who would do anything to get rid of Sulli because he's afraid I would get hurt, I acted mean and really y in hopes she would get away from me. In the end, she did. She went to you." You blinked before you gazed down to your bed sheets and you could roughly see her waving two hands in front of her chest. 

"Not that I'm blaming you or anything. God no. I'm not blaming you. It's just that.."

"All you wanted was a friend." You finished her sentence as you lifted your chin to make eye contact with her. "Yeah.." She muttered in content and you could tell she was fantasizing about all those things that a girl could do with another girl best friend. The look in her eyes, was so familiar because that was once the look you used to have. Until you met CL and 2NE1. "Look, Lizzy, from now on.. I'm calling you Liz."

"Wha-"

"Whether you like that name or not, I'm calling you Liz. And from this day on.." You gulped before you fiddled with your fingers as you tried not to look at her because she was staring at you right now.  "If.. you just.. need someone to talk to.. you could,"

"Come. To. Me." You said softly with a pause after every word. You lifted your chin to look at her and you didn't know if she thought you were nice, crazy or just plain insane for saying that. "Don't give me that look alright? It just alright?"

She raised an eyebrow before you muttered softly, "It just being alone."

"Ah whatever the case is. It's up to you." You said as you lied down on your bed and rolled over until your back was facing her. You could hear her sighing and chuckling a little before she called your name out softly. "Yeah?" You answered, staring at the wall in front of you. "Thank you." She whispered and you turned your head to look at her smiling at you with her teeth. "Thank you for treating me like this."

"Like what?" You asked as you rolled over until you were now facing her as you lied down. "Thank you for treating me like a real person. Thank you for.. allowing me to finally have a friend."

You smiled a little before your eyes widened when you realized what was going on. Not that you didn't like it. This friendship with her was moving on way too damn fast. You didn't know if it was because you pitied her to the extend where you would offer her friendship or if it was because you two matched with one another so well despite your bad history with her. It really freaked you out so you said, "S-Stop with all this weird crap. It's freaking me out." You muttered before you turned over so your back was facing her again.

From Lizzy's bed, she smiled before she gazed down to the ground. "It's nice having a friend now. A friend who would be friends with me regardless of what my father could do." You could hear her whispering to herself, not knowing you could hear. "Even if we did meet in the most ironic way yet."

You muttered a soft, "Don't mention it." Before she let out a soft "Oh?"

"Were you listening?" You hear her asking and you gulped. "W-What? What did you say? Nope. No. Whatever. I was sleeping. Go to sleep. Or something." You said hurriedly said in a quick pace before you shut your eyes tight, knowing she's grinning like an idiot now. "She's not as bad as you think." You whispered to CL by the dining table as Lizzy was on the sofa reading a book. It was already 8.30p.m. and you all had dinner already as CL brought take aways from a nearby restaurant. "If you say so." CL breathed out before she got up and walked over to Lizzy. "Hey Liz, what are you reading?" CL asked before Lizzy groaned. "Calling Angels."

"Is it nice?"

"This book is really boring."

"Then why are you reading it?"

"T-There's nothing for me to do here.."

"How.. about you help me with my song?"

"Really?" Lizzy asked and you could see her eyes lighting up with joy. "Sure, come here. I'll ask for your opinion and help." CL smiled before she held onto Lizzy's hand to pull her to  CL's bed. CL put Lizzy to sit down on the end of her bed and CL got on the bed with her guitar along with sheets of paper. From there Lizzy started to listen to the tune CL had in mind and Lizzy nodded attentively as she listened to every chord being strummed. "And then from here I'm stuck." CL muttered embarrassingly before Lizzy smiled. "May I?" Lizzy asked as her hand lingered over CL's hand on the guitar. "Oh? Oh. Sure."

Lizzy placed CL's fingers on different chords before Lizzy leaned away with a tongue sticking out at the side. "Try it."

CL strummed and your eyes widened. The melody released blended perfectly even though the chords were odd. And needless to say, it fitted well with the second verse CL had in mind, because you heard parts of the song before. The only thing CL needed was chords to patch the parts together. "Not bad." You commented from afar and when the two of you looked at you, giving you a weird look because you rarely give out compliments. "I-It was just.. oh to heck with the two of you." You snapped at them the moment there was knocks on the door. You got up and walked towards the door. "The two of you should just get married."

"I bet we'll make the perfect couple. Don't you Liz?" CL asked before Lizzy let out a toothy grin. "I think so too."

You rolled your eyes at them before you opened the door. Only two body guards were present nearby your dorm. One nearby yours and another nearby Luhan's. Luhan grinned before he peeked over your shoulder to shout at CL. "May I have her for the night?"

You turned around to see CL nudging Lizzy to answer. "Take her away for the night!" Lizzy shouted before your mouth gawked open. "Liz, I thought we were friends." You faked a hurt expression before you clutched onto the clothing above your chest. "She's my friend now!" CL said as she protectively hugged Lizzy, making her feel loved. Lizzy laughed a little and you saw her smile one last time before Luhan closed the door and dragged you by your wrist all the way to his room. You saw one of the bodyguards smirking before you tried to take your shoe off to aim it at him but it was too late when Luhan had already pushed you into his room before he closed the door behind him.

"So what now? We play Monopoly?" You snapped at him and Luhan smiled a little as he shook his head. He went to lock the doors and you raised an eyebrow. "And now I'm locked in here, why?"

"For safety reasons."

"Like what?"

"What if those crazy girls try to get in here and harm you?" Luhan cocked an eyebrow, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "What makes you think they'll know I'm in here?"

His lips parted before he let his hands fall to his sides. "Don't you know there are crazy fans around here? They would do anything." Luhan frailed his hands in the air to emphasize on his point. You managed to let out a soft chuckle before shaking it off. "Fine, so what now?"

"Come here." Luhan said as he walked to his bed and took a seat until his back was leaning on the bed rest. His legs up crossed on the bed before he looked at you to motion you to come to him. "And so now I'm a dog?"

He let out a soft 'tsk' sound as he was going to get up but you already made your way towards him and sat opposite him on the bed. An arm's length away from him. "Let's write a song." Luhan said softly as he took out pencils and some sheet music. "Really Luhan? Write music at a time like this? When we're in the middle of all this crap?"

"Hey, life goes on alright? No matter how hard things are, there's nothing wrong with writing them into a song. Now keep that little mouth shut and write." Luhan said as he passed you a paper along with a pencil. Scrunching up your nose a little, you got up from the bed to sit on the sofa as you propped your feet on the coffee table. "I didn't say you could sit there away from me."

"Well I didn't say you could take me in here but I guess we're both bad at listening to one another now are we?" You raised an eyebrow at him before it was his turn to scrunch his nose a little. "Fine." Luhan huffed softly before the two of you started to write down a song that would come into your mind.

Luhan.
The whole reason I thought that song writing was appropriate at this time was because I knew that maybe she could release her stress through writing. It never fails to amaze me how she can write a beautiful song within minutes while I take more than an hour just cracking my brain. "Hey, you done with your song yet?" I asked as I was done with the first verse, the pre-chorus and half of the chorus but something was a bit off. I stared down on my lyrics, trying to see if there was anything that I needed to change.

Love.

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning,
Is let my mind wander into the thoughts of you,
I don't know who I am when I'm doing it,
But trust me girl I know I'm not faking it.

These feelings in me are just strong and true,
Cause you're stuck on me just like a tattoo,
No amount of doubt can ever change my mind,
I know what I'm saying when I say that you're mine.

During the day I'd let you have your way,
But when the night falls I'll have my own say,
I'll tell you all the sweet things to show what I mean,
But no amount of clarity could ever let you see.

That this is love,
You're the one I love,
You're the one I need,
You're the only one I see.

I bite at the end of the pencil as I felt like I needed another half of the song to complete it. Not to mention the chorus wasn't done. "Jin Sae, you done with your piece?"

I waited for a response as I stared at my paper but she didn't reply anything. "Hey I'm talking to yo-" My voice trailled off when I lifted my chin up and lowered down my paper only to see Jin Sae asleep sitting with her back against the sofa along with the paper and pencil in her hands. Her lips parted slightly and she gulped before her lips parted again. I smiled a little before I got up as I cleared my bed to place everything on the table. I slowly pulled the pencil and paper from her hands to place it on the table before I lifted her up into my arms and carried her to my bed. I lay her down before I pulled the blanket over her until it covered her waist. She clasped her hands together before she smiled a little in content when her body came in contact with the bed.

I brushed her fringe away from her face and I could see clearly that she was really stressed despite the way she was trying to hide all her emotions. I sighed before I leaned in to plant a kiss on her forehead. I leaned away only to whisper softly, "Everything will be alright." I nodded before I repeated the same words. Not too long after that I walked back to the sofa and sat down on it before I reached for my music sheet but this one was different.

On Top.

Who knew it would be right from the beginning,
That I would be in love with this boy I'm seeing,
Who could ever deny those dazing eyes,
Two pair of whirlpools just changing lives.

He's the one that puts the beat in my heart,
He's the one that you couldn't ever tell apart,
Whether if he's jealous, whether if he's nice,
Doing one or two things to make you think twice.

But all in all this is all I have to say,
I'll never regret meeting him on that first day,
One little bump was all it took,
To set our hearts flying just like in the storybooks.

Cause this is love,
He's the one that gives his all,
He's the one I can always call,
When everything stops, finally he puts our love on top.

 

I smiled and gazed back to the girl sleeping on my bed peacefully. My eyes shot open wider when I reached for my sheet paper and put the two sheet papers in my hands side by side to one another. I put half of my sheet paper above hers and it looks like a whole song already. It's like I wrote the first half, and she wrote the second half. Nodding my head a little, I took a new piece of sheet music to start merging the two pieces together into one song. On the brand new piece of sheet paper I wrote,

'Love On Top'
Luhan & Jin Sae.

I took one last glance at the girl still with her eyes closed. "This is going to be an amazing song."

 

 


A/N : I stole the title and a little lines from Beyonce's Love On Top ;) But the rest of the lyrics were purely mine and yeah xD