Great.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 12th of June 2013.

Chapter 18 : Great.

I swear Minho, you're the worst liar known to mankind.


Han Jin Sae.
"Jin Sae, wake up." you hear a girl's voice calling you out as you were being shaken by your shoulders. You opened your eyes slowly, murming a soft, "Huh?" 

Minzy chuckled as she continued to do this until you opened your eyes fully. "O-Oh, Minzy." you called out softly and she waved at you. "Good morning." she smiled and she stood up and walked back towards CL's bed to wake her up now. "W-What's going on?" you asked as you glanced at the clock. It was only 7.20a.m. in the morning. "Argh." CL groaned, pushing Minzy away but Minzy wouldn't leave, she kept on trying to wake CL up. "Can I know what's going on?" Park Bom and Dara came out from the kitchen before they placed a pancake stacked up like a cake with butter on top. "It's CL's birthday." Dara smiled and your eyes widened. "I-It is?" you whispered and they nodded their heads before they signalled you to come to the table where they were setting everything up.

You stood by the table and whispered, "I didn't even get her a gift." you sighed and they chuckled at you. "You don't have to worry about that. We're going to celebrate her birthday tonight, take that as a gift for her. She'll love it with you just being there."

"W-Why?" you asked and Dara and Park Bom gave one another a look before they sighed. They pulled you to one side before Dara whispered, "She's had friendship problems in the past before." 

"Everyone is just friends with her because she has a band and she doesn't really know who to trust. They wanted to be close with her just in case she gets famous in the future." Park Bom explained and you nodded your head, letting out a soft "Ah.." as the three of you looked at Minzy hugging CL tight as Minzy squealled "Happy birthday!" constantly. "She said her life changed when she met us girls as a band and, we just want to let her know that we all care for her a lot." Dara smiled and Park Bom looked at you. "Would you like to join us?" you took a while to think about it because, you weren't exactly honest with them about your identity in the first place and now you felt like a two timing person for not letting them know from the start.

"Are you kidding? Of course she is! We all like her!" Dara beamed as she linked her arm with yours before pulling you towards the table and sat down on the table with the pancake on the table as CL got up from her bed to walk towards you all with Minzy hugging her tightly.

"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Our lovely Lee Chaerin,
Happy birthday to you."

Everyone cheered and CL cut her 'cake' with a fork. You gulped when you saw how happy the atmosphere is. You didn't want to do it but you knew you had to do it now before you girls got close. "Girls I have something to admit." you said as they quiet down. CL smiled at you and you turned to look at her. "Firstly, happy birthday CL." you smiled and she gave you a hug. She broke the hug and you stood up while everyone was sitting by the table. "Secondly, I want to thank all of you. For, being such great friends to me. Thank you." they wanted to cheer loudly and CL was this close to tearing but you held a hand up. "Lastly, I hope you guys can keep this a promise that you won't tell anyone."

They gulped and you went on with your eyes shut. "I'm J.S. The daughter of Han Jae Jung." you confessed softly and they laughed. "Nice try Jin Sae!" Dara laughed but CL wasn't laughing. "Yeah just cause your initials fit the title of J.S-.." Park Bom's voice trailled off as they didn't think it was a joke anymore. "You.. kept this from us?" CL asked and you turned to look at her. "It's not what it looks like. I wasn't pretending to be someone else or anything." CL got up and she put the fork down. "Look CL, I-"

"Why couldn't you just told us this from the beginning? We would at least try to look professional to you." CL said as you sighed. "CL I just-" you paused and you sighed. "I know how it feels like to be you." you admitted boldly and she turned to look at you. "I know how it feels like to be used, to have people to be friends with you just because of your title. I know how it feels like. I've never exposed this to anyone that is not my client before. You girls are the first non-signed people I've ever told in my life."

"Wow." CL chuckled softly as she looked up to glare at you. "Way to put your words together. I know that we're not that surprior to your level or anything but you didn't have to put it like that." CL said with a tear rolling down her cheek. "N-No CL that's not what I meant! I just wanted to let you know who I really am and I didn't want secrets between us. I though that we could have a friendship where there aren't any secrets." you explained and this was the first time you were actually fighting for another person's trust. "I'd actually prefer if you didn't tell me about this." she blurted out. "C-CL.." Dara muttered softly as she could tell CL was angry but it wasn't necessary for her to say that. Dara could understand you just wanted to be honest but you came out the wrong way.

"Look!" you just lost it. "I just wanted to tell you girls because you girls are the very first people I could trust. I never knew how it felt like to have girls as friends. And you know what? It feels amazing have girlfriends." you said as you placed a hand on your chest. "All my life all I could depend on was my dad, my mom and a few guy friends but that's it. Other than that there was no one until I met you girls. I didn't want to risk telling you girls my real identity. I'm not saying you will but I was afraid you girls might take advantage of me."

"We will never do that to you." CL said sternly and she looked away. "I didn't know that! I had to get to know you girls first right? I couldn't just go around telling everyone I know who I really am! There's a reason why I made my identity a secret."

"Why is it a secret then?" CL asked and you sighed. "I just wanted to have a normal life for once." you breathed out and "J-Jin Sae.." you heard Minzy calling you out softly.

"You know what?" you asked with a tear running down your cheek. The three girls gasped when they saw you crying too. CL didn't expect you to cry and her eyes softened as you took a step back. "Fine. I'm sorry I tried to make this friendship be perfect in the first place." you said as you walked towards your bed and took your guitar. "Happy birthday CL. Have a great one. Don't worry, I won't be here to disturb you for your birthday. Sorry I bothered you." you said as you opened the door. "N-No wait, Jin Sa-" you couldn't hear Park Bom's voice anymore when you closed the door. "I didn't need girlfriends anyway." you muttered under your breath as you walked out of your dorm with your sleeping clothes. Your hair was presentable because you weren't one of those messy people who messes up their hair totally.

You walked passed Luhan's room just as it opened but you didn't realize it was Luhan opening the door. You headed towards the balcony and the door was open, thank the lord it was.

Minho.
I was heading towards Jin Sae's room and just on cue she opened the door holding a guitar. I wanted to call her out until I saw a tear running down her cheek. I gulped as I brought myself closer towards her as she made her way to somewhere. She passed Luhan's room and I saw Luhan opening the door as I passed by him but he wasn't on my mind at that time. She opened the balcony door and she sat by the bench as she faced the railings. Before I could go in first, another guy went out to comfort her and it wasn't Luhan. I leaned by back against the wall by the glass door and I could hear them talking.

"Are you alright?" the guy asked and I could hear her murmuring a soft, "Why do you care anyway? Go back to your girlfriend." 

"What are you do-" I turned to my left and placed a hand over Luhan's mouth. "Shh." I placed a finger on my lips and Luhan nodded his head as he kept quiet. He leaned against the wall beside me to listen to their conversation.

"Lizzy isn't my girlfriend." the guy spoke and that's when I knew, he was L.Joe. I was this close to just going out there but Luhan stopped me by placing a hand on my chest. "Let's listen more first." Luhan said and I nodded my head before I leaned back against the wall to listen.

"Look just leave alright? I'm not in the mood to talk to you."

"Jin Sae, why can't you forgive me?" he asked and I could hear myself along with Luhan gulping. "Why can't I forgive you? How about you try putting yourself in my shoes? Why don't I try to break up with you, and come to Seoul by myself. But then you come two years later and finally you meet me and I finally tell you why I broke up with you. For two years, how about you try thinking about what you did wrong in a relationship that seemed so perfect that had an ending to it?" my eyes widened as I turned to look at Luhan. "Do you know anything about this?" I asked softly and he shook his head. "I'm just as clueless as you are." and based on his face, he was definitely clueless.

"But I said I'm sor-"

"Sorry doesn't cure everything now does it? If sorry could cure everything, there wouldn't be laws or police enforcements." 

There was a pause of silence and I turned to look at Luhan. "They're not talking anymore."

"No Sherlock." Luhan snapped at me and I tapped his head. "Try to be nice to me, I debuted earlier than you."

"I have more fangirls than you." Luhan said and I scoffed. "I beg to differ."

"Well maybe you should try begging to agree, then maybe you'd have a chance to be right."

"You know, sometimes I wonder if the both of you are just idiots." we hear a girl saying in front of us and I turned to tell her, "Not now." I was thinking of what to reply Luhan when my head shot back at her as the girl was Jin Sae. "Way to freaking go Minho." Luhan said but I gave him a hit at the head. "You're no genius yourself."

"Well?" she asked and I turned to look at her. "Uh..we were just, leaning against this wall by coincidence?" 

Luhan.
I swear Minho, you're the worst liar known to mankind. If I were to rely on your to save us, we'd die just like that. "We were just leaning on this wall because my dorm is just a few steps away. He wanted to talk to me so we decided to talk here." Minho gave me a smile and I flicked his forehead. "Right." she dragged her word before she wiped the tear from her eye. "You, what happened?" I asked as I pointed at her with her guitar. She waved a hand before she shook her head. "Nothing just.."

"You can tell us." Minho said and she looked up at the both of us. "I.." she couldn't go on and she gripped tighter onto her guitar. "Ah just leave me alone." she said as she walked out into the balcony and shut the door. Minho tried knocking but it didn't work. "Jin Sae!" he called out but she wouldn't open the door. From a distance I saw Minzy, Park Bom and Dara coming out from Jin Sae and CL's dorm. "Fine! Just leave!" CL raised her voice as she slammed the door in their faces. I walked closer towards them and they didn't realized I was coming closer. "Wow.. Jin Sae must mean a lot to her if she's getting this pissed." Minzy said as the other two girls agreed.

"What happened between them?" I asked and they looked shocked just looking at me in front of them. "Ah.. well.." Park Bom started out but Dara ended up explaining everything. I glanced back at Minho still trying to get Jin Sae to open the door but it wouldn't work. "Is that why she's acting like this too?" I asked as I pointed at the glass door Minho was standing in front of. They tiptoed to lean a bit closer to take a view and they nodded their heads as they lean away. "What do you girls plan to do?" I asked and Dara smirked as she came closer. "Why? Do you want to help?" I scoffed as I took a step back. "M-Me? Help? For what?" I said as I walked away. When I reached my dorm, I turned around only to see the three girls beside Minho as they explained to him. Just like that after Minho found out, he dashed off somewhere. Great, this bastard is going to do something for her.