"I promise."

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 31st July 2013.

Chapter 48 : "I promise."
"And you shouldn't give up on me too. Promise?"
"I promise, Luhan."


Narrator.
Jin Sae breathed out as she made her way towards the table and she sat in the middle of the table as she lifted her chin, ready for all the questions but no one would dare to ask her a question. She turned her head left and right as she scanned through the crowd to see if the press would ask any questions but there were none as they kept silent as they were waiting for her statement. Was it the aura she had around her? Was it the way she carried herself in a way where she intimidated them? Was it the blank expression she had on her face? She didn't know either so she just carried on with her statement.

She pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket before she breathed out heavily. "I will start on with my statement now." Jin Sae informed before Miss Park came to adjust the microphone in front of Jin Sae so whatever she said could be heard loud and clear without her needing to repeat her words twice. "Firstly, I would like to clarify the relationship status between Luhan, Lizzy and me along with EXO-M."

Luhan's eyes widened as he thought he was dreaming when she wanted to clarify that the first. He gulped as he listened to her speak. "I, am in a relationship with Luhan. Lizzy is our friend. And I'm friends with EXO-M. He is not in some sort of scandal between Lizzy, they're also just friends. Luhan isn't what he seems and he should not be judged just because of two photos which happened to be leaked out on purpose just to crush Luhan's image as well as EXO-M's image."

"I'll say something or a thing or two to the fans now. To the fans of EXO-M. I understand if you would hate me because I'm in a relationship with Luhan but I would also hope for your blessings and prayers. If you think that Luhan is having it all easy, it's not true. I'll say it again, it is not true. He is worrying. Worrying about what you may ask? He's worried about all of this, about what his fans might think, about how fast his fans turned against him just because of this little scandal as well as for him to have a girlfriend. I get it. It's hard knowing your favourite idol is taken but at the same time think about it. Would you rather have your idol be alone for the rest of his life or find love to be happy after so many years of being an idol which is tiring? This is only the beginning for Luhan and EXO-M. Think about all the happy moments you could share with him because his happiness is doubled now. I'm not asking for you to accept me as his girlfriend, but I would like for you to stop hating on Luhan as well as EXO-M. If you want someone to hate on, hate me. I wouldn't mind, and I won't mind at all as long you leave Luhan out of this hate cycle."

"Now, for a group of press such as yourselves, do you think it's fair?"Jin Sae cocked an eyebrow when no one responded. Which was funny because they were loud and rowdy just a moment ago with EXO-M. They feared her a little because of the aura she had around her as well as the piercing look she had in her eyes. She somehow resembled Jae Jung, of course, she was his daughter. "EXO-M, a rookie group in the music industry now actually has the guts to agree with this press conference. They came here, trying to clarify everything but they tried to cover up for me. So all the blame, shall be placed under my name. I never wanted to bring people down with me or make them lie for me in hiding my identity because one too many is too much but I guess it happened along the way because they are such amazing people."

"I know, that when we watch on televisions, we see stars who are so humble and nice but we may never know what happens off screen. But I know what happens. It wasn't for the fact that they knew I was their president's daughter. No." Jin Sae shook her head to emphasize on her point. "They were friends with me for who I am and not once would they bring up my title and my position. They are people who are genuine and they love their fans as much as their fans love them. Which is why they were trying to hide it all so that their fans wouldn't misunderstand as well as hate them. They were doing it for the sake of the fans, and I hope you all could and will understand that."

"On to Lizzy, I'll admit that we weren't on a good start at first. We've had our moments where we wanted to just.. make one another disappear but because of this controversy, we've settled out our differences and realized, we're more than just enemies or whatsoever, we're friends. Friends who could have a friendship that is so special even though it's only been a day or two. Why label her as a , for kissing Luhan? Why label her as something so degrading? It is not fair for her to be labelled as such things especially when no one has listened to her side of the story. I will say that at first her intentions were not as good but it was only because deep down in her heart she wanted love. Is it wrong for a girl to love?"

Yet again, there was no response from the press other than faint clicks of the camera. Lizzy who was in the room fiddled with her fingers but she felt giddy inside. Not once anyone would stand up for her and now, someone was finally doing it for her. What made her gulped was that Jin Sae was doing it in front of the press, which could lead to hundreds of articles online as well as squeezing into the space on the newspaper headlines.

"And then there's Luhan. Is it fair for this twenty-one year old to get labelled as a two timer or a player just because of a mishap? Yes, we may draw conclusions based on the proof given but at the same time, let the boy have some space to speak. As the press, it is your duty to hear out the artists who want to clear up the air. Not squeeze out any possible information just because you want something spicy for the citizens or for the people to read when they pass by a newspaper vending machine. Is this what the world has come to?"

"I don't know how much I can clarify with just one press conference but I hope I can cover all the questions you are ready to question me now. Anything you'd like to ask, please ask now because I don't think there will be another press conference. But don't go all out with the questions, one and a time would be nice. I will attend to all questions."

She glanced down to her paper, which was actually empty. Everything she was going to say now and had already said was coming straight from her heart. Luhan's lips parted when he saw how well she handled the situation as well as how hard she was trying to prove EXO-M's innocence despite the look she gave away in her eyes. He could even see her flicking the paper in her hands nervously. It must be terrifying to be alone in that situation but he knew his girlfriend wasn't someone weak. In fact, she was someone very courageous and brave. "That girl is insane." Xiumin breathed out and everyone couldn't say anything. God knows where all of that came in from her. "How is she so calm and collected?" Kris muttered softly before Luhan sighed. "She's not as calm as she seems." Luhan breathed out as he could see through her that she was also afraid, nervous and she was panicking a little inside. "Why did you hide the fact you were Han Jae Jung's daughter?"

"Because I wanted a normal life. I thought.. with all the publicity as me being known as Han Jae Jung's daughter would be, horrifying and maybe even a little scary. Wherever I go I would only be known as Han Jae Jung's daughter. Sure, I am proud to be my father's daugther but at the same time, I want to be known for me. I want to be known as Han Jin Sae, not Han Jae Jung's daughter for the rest of my life. Also, I didn't want to be taken advantage of just because my father is somewhat a 'famous' and 'powerful' person. I am grateful knowing I'm the daughter of a man who is the owner of this great record label, but I don't wish to take his title to my name."

"Can we get more details on your relationship with Luhan? For instance, why was it kept as a secret?"

Before Jin Sae could answer that, the door opened. Jin Sae's eyes widened when Luhan said, "I wish to answer that question. If it's alright." Luhan said the last part softly before the press were more than glad to let Luhan answer. "What are you doing here?" Jin Sae hissed at Luhan softly when he took a seat beside her, facing the press. "I'm not letting you face this alone. I'm not." Luhan whispered as he reached to hold her hand underneath the table. As much as she didn't want to admit it, he was making her feel relaxed and she was doing the same for him. He wasn't exactly sure about what he was doing but his heart was telling him to be there for her. And that was what he was trying to do.

"The reason why this relationship was kept as a secret is because of this. All of you could see before your eyes that before this was leaked out, we were doing fine with our relationship being a secret. Now that it got leaked out, so many articles were formed as well as assumptions of me and Lizzy because of that photo of us kissing. Also, it was kept as a secret because of Jin Sae's safety. I know that I was maybe playing with our fans trust but at the same time, I wanted her to be safe. I didn't want her to get injured by the fans that may harm her."

"It hurts me too when she gets hurt." Luhan mumbled as he glanced at Jin Sae.

A few of the press smiled when they saw the sincerity this young couple had. Sure they were young, but they had a lot ahead of them and the press knew that, that's why they wanted to be the first ones to discover the story behind their relationship. "M-Miss Han, may we hear your side of this?"

Jin Sae let out a soft smile before she nodded her head once. "Everything Luhan said was true and.. I would just like to add in this part." 

The press leaned forward as she said, "I didn't plan on being in a relationship with him. It sort of happened along the way and.. I guess because of him, I am the person who I am today. Like I said before, I don't wish for him to get any hate from his fans but I know when there are people who support this relationship, there will be people to bring us down. I just want things to be right again."

"Any last questions before the press conference ends?" Miss Park voiced out and just one last woman stood up and smiled at Jin Sae and Luhan. "May we know what future plans you have ahead of the two of you?"

Jin Sae glanced at Luhan before he answered. "This is my last year in the university and Jin Sae will be done with hers next year. I'll say that I'll be with EXO-M preparing for our future comebacks and she would be studying and-"

"Producing songs under Han Records."

Luhan's eyes widened before he quickly played along as he nodded his head to let her continue. "I'll be going under the guidance of my father as well as learning how to develop artists such as EXO-M, SHINee and TVXQ. As well as an upcoming girl group under Han Records."

"We wish nothing but the best for you two. I believe something you two share is amazing and wonderful." The woman said before she sat back down. The door opened the reveal the bodyguards to lead Jin Sae and Luhan out of the room. In the van, Jin Sae didn't say a word. Luhan was worried of what might be going through her mind but even her herself couldn't tell what she was thinking because there was nothing in her mind.

Sure she was a bit relieved the press conference ended. Sure she was feeling good to ensure that she gave her all in hopes the press would finally see their side of the story. But all in all, she was afraid of the whole outcome. That night, Luhan was out by the balcony alone as he stared down at the roads. It was midnight but he couldn't sleep. He couldn't thank Jin Sae enough for standing up for him to the extend where she would reveal everything. "Thinking about something?" A voice came beside him and he turned his head only to see his girlfriend sitting beside him. "Did you bring the paper?" Luhan asked as she nodded her head. Before he called her out to meet him by the balcony (because he couldn't sleep and the only person he wanted to see was Jin Sae), he texted her to bring that piece of paper she was referring to during the press conference.

She passed him the paper and he opened it only to furrow his eyebrows. "There's nothing on this paper."

"Exactly." Luhan's eyes widened a little as he placed the pieces together. "Everything.. you said.."

She placed a hand on her chest before she turned to look at him. "It came from here. Nowhere else." she shook her head before she gulped as she let her hand fall to her side. "Come here." Luhan motioned her to get up as he spreaded his legs so she could sit in the middle. She shook her head because she didn't even want to leave her room but for the sake of making sure Luhan was feeling alright, she couldn't say no. She definitely didn't know how things would turn out to be, even with all her father's approval of everything she said during the press conference. Even Minho, Sulli and Sehun along with EXO-K were amazed on her words because they were informed about everything when they came to visit her but she wasn't there, she was somewhere else as CL explained everything.

Jin Sae didn't know if she should be happy or if she should hate herself for exposing everything but knowing she did it for Luhan, it was alright. Since Jin Sae didn't get up, Luhan got up instead. He stood behind her before he perfectly spreaded his legs to envelope her in as he s his arms around her waist to pull her closer. Whether she liked it or not, her back was now pressing against Luhan's chest, which she isn't even going to try to lie that she likes being this close with him.

"Thank you." Luhan breathed out as he planted a kiss on the crook of her neck. "For?" she whispered and he lifted his chin to whisper into her ear. "For having the courage to do what you did today. For saying what you had to say."

"If I didn't do it, you'll be in big trouble than you already are."

Luhan gulped before he couldn't say that wasn't true. She saved him from getting trapped into this whole scandal thing and if it wasn't for her clarifying it, major things would happen as well as having his career down the drain. After the press conference, there were already hundreds of articles online based on Luhan and Jin Sae's relationship. Most of them were articles supporting their relationship but some of them were just plain horrible that included one or two death threats. Jin Sae sighed before she parted her lips to breathe through her lips.

He noticed this before he let one of his arm travel up to push her lips shut. She turned a little to look at Luhan who just smiled at her before his arm went back to wrapping it around her waist. Luhan gave her a toothy grin before she managed to smile. "I'm sorry." Luhan said softly before she raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

"That.. I couldn't exactly be the one to make everything right."

"You've done so much today, you know that?" she asked and he shook his head. She turned her body a little and adjusted her legs so she could fully turn her body sideways with her arm pressing onto his chest as she lifted a hand to place it on his cheek. She didn't know what she was doing or maybe all of this was just getting ot her mind but she felt like doing this. He shuddered on the inside when her hand came in contact with his cheek. It was like every simple touch he would get from her, would drive him off the walls. Sure he would hug her anytime he would like as the two of them were adjusting to let one another touch each other slowly but little touches like these from Jin Sae, made him feel complete. "You took the chance to come out there to help me talk to the press just so I wouldn't face this on my own. And I'm grateful for that. I hope you know that you are really brave to take that chance. I don't get that from many people and.. I'm glad it was you."

Luhan smiled softly before he reached for her hand that was on his cheek as he overlapped his hand with hers. "You always know the right words to say."

"Well, I try to." she shrugged her shoulders before Luhan pulled her hand away from his cheek so he could press his lips onto the front of her hand. He shut his eyes tight when his lips came in contact with her and but his eyes fluttered open when he pulled her hand away. "I hope you know.. how much I love you by now." 

"And make sure you remember because it's not everyday you'll get to hear that." Luhan said before she gazed down to his hand still holding onto her hand. "Then you better remember this day too."

Luhan raised an eyebrow before he asked, "Why?"

She pulled her hand away from his before she lifted her chin up to look at Luhan. His lips parted when her eyes met his and she smiled before she leaned in closer. She placed her arms around his neck before she leaned in even closer until their lips were just millimeters apart. "Because of this." she whispered before she pressed her lips against his. Luhan deepened the kiss as he wrapped his arms around her waist tighter as he lifted her up so he could place her to sit down on his lap instead of sitting on the space between his thigh.

When their lips parted, he brushed strands of her hair away from her face before he presed his forehead against hers as the two of them panted. "Han Jin Sae," Luhan breathed out before Jin Sae gulped, trying to open her eyes but she didn't want to. Instead she replied with a soft, breathy "Yeah?"

"I think I just found the love of my life."

"Cheesy."

"Just wanted to declare that." Luhan gave her a smug look when her eyes fluttered open. Luhan's eyes grew wider when she smiled. "Luhan,"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Ask."

"Say yes first?" she asked and Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. If she was going to ask him to not do anything stupid like staying by her side as this whole scandal thing dies off or even try to tell him to stay away from her from the time being, he wouldn't allow it. He won't and he couldn't. Much to his surprise, she was his source of strength now and there was no way he would let her try to separate him from her. "What is this ab-"

"Just answer me with a yes first."

"Jin Sa-"

"Please."

Luhan sighed before he shut his eyes tight. He knew she wasn't the kind to ask for certain things unless she really wanted or needed it. Going with his gut, he muttered a soft, "Fine. Yes."

"Please don't ever leave my side."

Luhan's eyes opened with his lips parted. "Now you said yes, so don't ever leave me. You hear me?" Luhan's smile grew wider before his teeth started showing. He nodded his head once before he hugged her tight as he rested his chin on her shoulder. "I know something now."

"What?"

"Tomorrow will be a better day."

"Why?"

"Because that is the day when I will show everyone that you're the one I love." He broke the hug before his gripped to the sides of her arms.

"And no matter what, like I said before and I'll say it now, nothing will come between us because I'm never giving up on you. And you shouldn't give up on me too. Promise?"

"I promise, Luhan."