One, Two, Three.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 17th of July 2013.

Chapter 36 : One, Two, Three.
After all she said, he's counting?


Narrator.
When the bell rang, the teacher had announced that there was this upcoming assignment but no one could care less until the next class. "Fine, get out all you trolls." the teacher snapped at everyone before everyone rushed to the door. Jin Sae got up and Luhan had spot her getting up. He let out a soft hiss when everyone was blocking his way from getting to her. He knew what he had to do now. He just wants to be around her now. Whether it's confessing to her, or just listening to her ramble, shout at him for ignoring her for the past few days, anything. Just to hear her voice was all he wanted now. Instead of just ignoring her like the past few days, he wanted to just hear her voice calling out his name.

All thoughts were washed away when out of nowhere Sehun popped into the picture and pulled Jin Sae out of the room. He clenched his fists before he took one last glance at the text he received from her. He then began to question if she had send the text to the right person. After one last debate with his mind, he stormed out of the auditorium and walked down the halls as he clutched onto his phone. "Hey Lu-!" Lay's voice trailled off when Luhan just stormed past him. Lay's eyes widened before he turned around to see Luhan fumming as he walked down the halls. Chen, who was beside Lay let out a low whistle.

Lay looked back at Chen who had a smug look on his face. "What do you think happened?" Lay asked before Chen pointed forward where Lay turned his head to see Sehun holding onto Jin Sae's hand as Sehun dragged her out of the university.

"Jealousy, perhaps." Chen shrugged his shoulders before Lay turned around to catch up with Luhan. "Luhan! Wait!"

Chen sighed before he shook his head. "Luhan is such an idiot." Chen muttered under his breath before he ran after Lay who was going after Luhan.

"She sings me a song, pouring out her feelings to me and she's with another boy. I tell her that we should talk and she's off with that guy!" Luhan punched the wall as the other five members just remained stoning in the room. "Did you hear her out on where she was going?" Kris asked but that's when Luhan froze.

"You didn't, did you?" Tao added in before Luhan turned around, with a glare ready to be shown to the five boys sitting down on the couch in front of him. "She's with Sehun God damn it!"

"She sang this confession song for me, she texted me telling me it's for me right after she sang it. But she's out fondling with other guys! What is wrong with her?! She's so confusing!" Luhan raged as a few members shook their head. "Luhan, she's probably told you that she's just friends with Sehun." Xiumin sighed before Luhan gulped. "Just because she's with another guy whose not you means that she likes them or some sort. Plus she met Sehun way before she met you." Kris went on before Chen added in, "And don't act like you're a saint either because you've been ignoring her for the past few days just because you think she's with Minho."

Luhan shut his eyes tight to exhale the anger bottling up inside of him. "Fine, I'm going out." Luhan muttered softly before he stormed out of the room. "You know, I'm starting to think Luhan has gone insane." Chen breathed out before Kris and Lay smirked.

"He's not insane." Kris spoke up before Lay added in, "He's in love."

"Well then he's insanely in love." Chen said sarcastically before Xiumin's stomach grumbled. "You're hungry already?" Lay said as he poked Xiumin's stomach. "Hey! I skipped lunch alright?"

"Sushi?"

"You're paying." Tao grinned at the boy who suggested the dinner for the night, Kris. "I'm going to get broke." Kris muttered softly before everyone got up to leave the room.

Han Jin Sae.
"What are you doing?" you asked softly when Sehun kept glancing backwards but would sigh as he faced forward. He didn't even answer you until you stopped walking the moment the two of you were by the sidewalk. "Sehun, what are you doing? Don't make me repeat that question again." you snapped at him before you tugged your arm away from him. He sighed before he faced you. "That brat isn't following us."

"Brat?" you repeated before you raised an eyebrow. You let out a sigh when you realized what he was trying to do. He was trying to pull something off here. "Are you trying to make Luhan jealous?"

"W-What do you-"

"Don't play dumb with me."

"I don't know what you mean."

"Sehun."

"Jin Sa-"

"Oh Sehun." you called his name out sternly and he shut his eyes tight only to open them nervously. "Fine, yes." he muttered softly before you groaned as you paced back and forth away from Sehun. "Why would you do that for?!" you shouted as you stopped pacing back and forth to look at Sehun. "He needs a little jealousy to prove his love to you. That's all." he said monotonously before you clenched your fists. "He was going to." you gritted through your teeth and Sehun's eyes widened. "I sang a confession song to him and I told him through a text it's for him but it looks like now my confession means nothing because of the way you decided to just drag me out like that!" Your breathings got heavier as you placed a hand on your chest. "God damn it Sehun." you breathed out as you looked up at him.

"If you want to help, help. But this isn't the way."

"I-I'm sorry." Sehun croaked out softly before you looked away from him. Even though you were pissed, all he did was try to help speed up the process and you could see it but this wasn't how you would want him to help. Jealousy kills and God knows how jealousy would affect Luhan. For a cold and direct person like you, even you knew how jealousy felt and it doesn't feel good one bit. "Sorry for what?" you snapped at him as Sehun let out a sigh. You knew damn well why he was going to apologize but you just wanted to hear what he had to say. Lately you weren't yourself.

Every little thing that would revolve around Luhan would drive you insane, crazy, happy or even sad. And somewhere in between, you just wanted his love. As crazy and insane as that sounds, that was exactly how you were feeling. Though, you're not that kind of person to express it well. Music and singing were the main tools you could use to express them properly or as some people say 'sweetly and more romantically'. He rubbed the back of his neck before he gazed down onto the ground. "Everyone could easily see that he likes you based on how he's acting and,"

"I just thought that maybe with a little bit of jealousy on his side, he would react quicker to make you his. Or to at least bring more happiness in your life. To bring you that sort of happiness me, Minho and Byung-Hun failed to give you." He breathed in before he shook his head. "I just wanted you to be happy because you've been suffering for so long. It's not fair for you, you know?"

As much as you hated to admit it, you regretted the way you let it all out to Sehun who just wanted the best for you. And right now, Luhan was the only person that he thought could make you happy and you would never admit it either but you knew that too. "Treat me dinner and I'll call it quits." you said softly and Sehun lifted his chin to let out a soft "Eh?"

"I want something tasty so don't let me down." You lifted your chin only to see him smile with his teeth. A smile that he hasn't shown in a long while. He gripped onto your hand tightly before he nodded his head. "Let's head to the cafe! I'll cook you something amazing." He smiled before he dragged you away.

"Hey, that was a top notch dinner, alright?" Sehun poked your head as the two of you reached in front of your dorm. Just like that he brought you to the cafe and Kyungsoo was offended that you wanted to eat Sehun's cooking instead of his. After a little while of persuading, Kyungsoo allowed Sehun to cooking the kitchen. Sehun cooked something simple but yet something that would trigger your taste buds. He cooked spaghetti with meat and tomato sauce along with meatballs on top. It tasted amazing and it was shocking to you considering Sehun didn't exactly like to cook. "Fine, it was some great dinner. Thank you, Chef Oh." you joked as the two of you laughed softly. Over Sehun's shoulder you could see Luhan and that's when Sehun knew he had to leave.

"Tell me how it goes." Sehun whispered as he gave a kiss on your forehead. "Got it." you smiled at him as you watched Sehun walk away. You faced front only to see Luhan glaring at you. He stormed up to you and gripped onto your wrist before you could even say hello. "We need to talk." he hissed before he dragged you until the two of you were out by the balcony. "Hey! What the hell is wrong with you?!" You shouted as you rubbed your wrist. His grip was so tight you thought he wanted your pulse to stop. 

"Oh, what's wrong with me? What's wrong with me? Are you serious?" He scoffed and you furrowed your eyebrows. Ah, he is jealous.

"What? Are you jealous?" you asked in an amused tone but that soon faded away when Luhan lifted his chin up to reveal his eyes filled with anger. "Is this some sort of joke to you?"

"That song you sang to me, was that some joke to play with me?" He snapped at you and you took a step back before you recollected yourself. Is he being serious now? This was not what you expected at all. "How could you say something like that? You don't know how long I took to write that."

"Was that song really for me? Or was that for Sehun?"

You gulped before you scoffed. "I can't believe you. You get jealous over the little things! Sehun is just a friend and you know that!" You raised your voice but it seems like Luhan has a lot in store. It was night, nearing 9.30p.m. but the two of you couldn't care less because this seems more important than anything else. Luhan slammed the balcony door shut before he continued to glare at you although all he wanted to do was just show you the love he had in his eyes for you. "A friend?! I don't see friends going around, kissing each other on the forehead and holding hands?!"

"What's your point?"

"My point is," Luhan breathed out as his eyes softened. "This was all just a sick joke to you, wasn't it?"

Before you could even ask him what he meant, he went on. "This was all just for you to make me fall into your trap, thinking you really like me but in the end, making me fall harder for you every single day. Driving me insane just thinking about you and everywhere I would turn only your face would pop up. When I see couples on the street holding hands, I somehow picture the guy being me and the girl only being you. When I hear the word Jin, I would automatically finish it with Sae. Or when I hear Sae, I would put the word Jin in front. Because that's all I ever think about. But at the end of it all, Sehun is the only one you want." He shook his head before he went on.

"I bet if I told you how I felt about you, you wouldn't even list-"

"It's because you never tell me how you feel!" You shouted at him and he gulped but that made him seal his lips shut as he looked up to meet your eyes.

"How the hell should I know how you feel about me? Have you told me? Have you ever tried telling me? No! You don't! You go around, thinking I'm with some other guy and the next thing I know, you're ignoring me as if I commited a crime to you. Me? Playing a trick on you? Maybe you should look at yourself and you can see a guy who kissed me when I was sick. Maybe you could also see the image of the guy who sang an indirect confession song to me for his assignment that made me feel like the most happiest girl for once in my life until you ignored me completely and to think I still sang that song for you even though you completely ignored me like that as if I was never there for you. Maybe we weren't the bestest of friends but I thought we were more than that."

He blinked slowly at you with his lips parted, still not being able to form a sentence to say to you.

"Every single word I sang in that song?"

"Was real." You nodded and you blinked before you gulped. "I may not be the sweetest girl out there in the world but I know when I'm being sincere. I may not show my feelings the best way like how other girls would squeal around you or die to be around you but I know what I'm feeling."

You shook your head before you let out a bitter chuckle. "And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will and I have to because everything around me is driving me insane."

"I like you." you whispered softly. 

Narrator.
"So tell me, whose the bad guy here? Because all I did was try to prove to you that I really do because I'm not the type of person who goes around singing their emotions out into a song. I was never the type of person who could express her feelings well and I never will be. I don't show how I'm feeling unless I really have to or if it's for something important. Lucky you, this is important to me because no matter how hard I try to either deny it, or walk away from it," she inhaled deeply before she looked away.

"You're important to me." she breathed out and she tried to get back in but he placed a hand on the door, blocking her way. "Luhan, piss off. You clearly need some time to think." 

"One." he whispered and her eyebrows knitted. "One?" she repeated the number he said with a hint of confusion but he ignored her confusion even though she cocked an eyebrow.

"Two." he spoke up a little louder as she turned to face him, not wanting to get in anymore. After all she said, he's counting?

"Three." he counted to three as he pulled his hand away from the door. "Congratulations. You've count to three. Now w-" her voice trailled off when he cupped her cheeks to press his lips against hers, making her shut up completely. Her eyes were wide like saucers but his was the complete opposite. His hands travelled down to her waist as he hugged her waist to bring her closer until their chests were pressing onto one another. Even though she was slightly angry, she can't possibly deny the feeling inside of her and the way she possibly felt for Luhan. Her eyes slowly closed shut and her hands remained in that awkward position. Luhan noticed this and he used one of his hands to guide her hands to place them around his neck before his arm went back to wrapping it around her waist.

After a few more seconds that felt like forever, he pulled away from the kiss as he leaned his forehead onto hers. "Don't go around letting other guys kiss your forehead now, because I'll be the one doing them to you."

He smiled when her lips tugged upwards a little. He pulled her in for a hug with her arms still around his neck. "And I'm sorry I took so long. I was just.. confused, and afraid." he whispered softly but she could hear it loud and clear. "You're an ."

"Yeah, but from now on, I'm your ."