Jealous?

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 21st of June 2013.

Chapter 24 : Jealous?

Minho turned around and raised an eyebrow. "Why? Are you jealous?"


Han Jin Sae.
You opened your eyes to realize you had fallen asleep and you glanced at your watch to widen your eyes when it was already 7.13p.m. You kept all your things into your bag and picked up your report only to realize it was finished. On your forehead you felt something on top of it and you reached for the sticky note on top of it. You pulled it off to read it.

You must like sleeping in the library, huh? Go get some real rest and hand in your report tomorrow. Idiot.

You scoffed and you put down your report to flip through to the last few pages. It wasn't your handwriting so it must be Luhan's. Based on that note, this must really be Luhan's doings. You took out your phone to give Minho a quick text asking, 'Where were you? I was in the library waiting for you.' and you pressed on send. When you headed on your way out, the door opened, revealing Minho just on the spot. Your eyes widened as you stumbled backwards but he held you by your waist. You gulped and he pulled you up to stand properly. "Have you eaten?" he asked and you shook your head. "Good, I'm hungry too." he grinned before he reached to carry your bag.

"Hey where were you? You said you'd come." you asked and he chuckled on the way to the cafe. "Well, I was caught up with class." he smiled and you raised an eyebrow. "That long?"

"Yeah." he smiled before he tapped your cheek. "But not to worry! I'm here!" he grinned and you scoffed. When you were about to open the door to the cafe, he pulled you by your arm. You furrowed your eyebrows before you wanted to pull away but he wouldn't let you. "Dude, aren't we going to eat?" you asked and he smiled, again. What's with him and smiling? "We are, but not here."

"Then where?" you asked as he reached for your hand. "Follow me." he smiled again before pulling you to the offside of the campus, which was to a nearby lake. It was beautiful because of the lights spreaded everywhere on the ground. What made it more perfect was the night sky above with stars all over even though it was currently 7.45p.m. "Holy crap." you breathed out when you let the sight sink in. On the ground by the lake you see a set up dinner on the ground. A red blanket on the grass along with a picnic basket. Minho clapped his hands and it revealed a pathway of lights to the blanket.

"You did all of this?" you asked and he nodded his head. "You said you were caught up with class."

"I lied." he winked before he said, "C'mon, you're probably hungry." before he pulled you down the pathway. He made you sit down on the left while he sat on the right, opposite you. You wanted to open the picnic basket but he swatted your hand away. "Well then." you said sarcastically before rubbing your hand. "Sorry, I wanted to serve you myself." he grinned before you gently slapped his cheek. "Worst waiter ever. Making me sit on the ground?"

"Pft, you picky daddy's girl." he snapped at you as the two of you chuckled softly. He pulled out a bento box and he shyly put it on your lap. You looked up at him and he rubbed the back of his neck. "O-Open it." he seemed so nervous as though this was a grading exam.

"Okay.." you muttered softly before opening it. It was not exactly the best bento box you've seen because this wasn't as good as Kyungsoo's but it did look like it took a long time to make. "You made this?" you asked as you looked up again. He nodded his head before he bit his lower lip. You took a fork he placed on the blanket and poked the fried sausage to eat it. You munched and smiled a little at him. "This isn't bad. A little odd, but not bad." His eyes just twinkled before he beamed out with a loud, "Really?!" you gave him a weird look and he cleared his throat. "I-I mean, I didn't take long to make this anyway."

"Really?" You asked as you poked on the egg to put it in your mouth. "Well.." he dragged the word and you were more than just interested to know how long he took. "What? Three hours?" you jokingly said before you scooped some rice to eat. "Around there.." he whispered softly and you choked on the rice when he said that. He panicked and he patted your back when he took the bento box away from your hands. "Are you alright? What happened?" he asked as he patted your back. "Here, drink some water." he said as he took out a bottle of water. You drank a little bit of water to chug it down before looking at him. "You took three hours just do to this?" you asked and he nodded slowly. "I'm not the best cook out there." he admited sheepishly.

Narrator.
"W-Well you could've bought like take out or something, no one asked you to cook for me-" he placed a finger on her lips before passing her back the bento box. "Just keep quiet and eat it." he snickered when she rolled her eyes at him. "Or shall I feed you?" he asked as he took back the bento box to scoop some rice on the spoon. "Say aah." he said as he lingered the spoon in front of . "What do I look like? A five year old?" she asked and he scrunched his nose a little. "I spent a long time making this." There was a hint of sulkiness in his voice and she could sense that.

She opened slowly and he pushed the spoon in for her to eat the rice. He pulled the spoon out of and patted her head when he put the spoon down. "Aigoo, you eat so well." She swatted his hand away as he chuckled. "Here, eat this cookie I made and tell me how it tastes like." he asked as he lingered a cookie in front of . She held the cookie in as she was going to hold the cookie because she was closing the bento box. Before she could reach for the cookie, Minho leaned closer to bite off the other end. Her eyes widened and gaped open, allowing the cookie to drop onto the blanket with a piece of it bitten off by Minho.

He took the remains of the cookie and ate it before he smirked at her. From a distance a boy watched all of this go down as he stood behind a tree with a box of fried rice in his hand that he made himself. He cooked some for himself but he thought that she didn't eat yet, that's why he cooked more for her. Little did he know, she was on this little date thing with Minho and it pissed him off. "So I helped, guided and finished your report for you but you're out on a date with him?" Luhan scoffed as he slammed the box onto the ground. "Fine, I..I don't care anyway." Luhan said before he stomped away. He stopped halfway only to look back on Minho and Jin Sae. Minho brushed his thumb on her lower lip to wipe away the crumbs of the cookie and he clenched his fists tight before he really walked away from all of this.

Luhan slammed the door when he came in, making Lay jerk up from his sleep. "What the heck?" Lay's voice was groggy as he was woken up with the sweet sound of Luhan slamming the door. "What happened?" Lay asked as Luhan just switched on the lights, making Lay squint his eyes to adjust to the room light. Lay was pretty busy the whole day and when he got back he just took a bath and slept right away. "She's on a date." Luhan snapped at Lay who was confused. "Who?" Lay asked and Luhan groaned. "Jin Sae is on a date with that freak. Minho." Luhan breathed out and Lay sat up on the bed, using his elbow as his support of his weight. "And how do you know they're on a date?"

"He was feeding her and, sharing a cookie and.." Luhan couldn't think of anything else. "Really Luhan? You woke me up and showed your tantrum just because of this? It's not to say you saw them kissing."

"They kissed?!" Luhan shouted as he shot up from the sofa. "No!" Lay shouted back as Lay lied back down on the bed to take a pillow and muffle his shouts. Lay was really tired and all he wanted was some shut eye but at the same time he wanted his friend to feel better and not get sulky over this because it was rare for Luhan to get frustrated over a girl. But knowing it was Jin Sae, he knows that Luhan would take this to a whole new level. Lay pulled the pillow away from his face before he got up from his bed. He grabbed Luhan by the collar, "Look! If they're on a date and you're jealous, do something about it! If you're not jealous then just calm the hell down like any other normal being would! I'm tired and I need some sleep! So if you would please just do something about it instead of complaining it all to me!" Lay raised his voice before he pushed Luhan away. Luhan fell onto the sofa before his eyes widened.

Lay rarely lost his temper and when he did? It would mean he was either dead tired or just plain serious. Based on how he totally told Luhan off, it would be a mixture of both. Luhan gulped before Lay huffed and lied flat on the bed with his face buried in the pillow. "Now shut the lights and let me sleep. You don't know for sure if they're dating or not until you ask her."

Even with all this, Luhan managed to stammer with a soft, "B-But L-Lay..-"

Lay pushed himself up and glared at Luhan. "F-Fine. Jeez." Luhan muttered before he got up and switched off the lights as Lay lied back down on the bed to sleep. "It's only 8.30p.m. you ." Luhan cursed before he left his room. Right on cue, he saw Minho walking Jin Sae back to her room. "So, there's this trip thing next week, are you going? It's two days and one night." he overheard Minho asking and Luhan was definitely pulled in to know her answer. He cursed when he couldn't hear her answer. Minho ruffled her hair and gave her a kiss on the cheek before she went in. She punched him by his arm and raised her voice at him but Minho only chuckled, not caring if Jin Sae shouted at him for kissing her cheek. It was all worth it for him anyway.

When Jin Sae was gone, Luhan leaned against the corridor wall, where Minho would pass by. When Minho passed by, Luhan said softly, "So what now? The two of you are dating?" Minho smirked when he knew Luhan saw everything that went down. Minho turned around and raised an eyebrow. "Why? Are you jealous?"

"Why don't you just answer me?" Luhan asked and Minho smirked. "What if we are? What are you going to do?" Luhan hissed before he grabbed Minho by his collar. "Violence doesn't solve anything, Luhan."

"Well it sure does makes me feel better." Luhan said in a low voice and Minho smirked before he pushed Luhan away. "I don't see you trying to get her either. So there's nothing wrong with me trying."

"You don't know for sure if I'm-" Luhan shut his mouth before he would say anything out that could not be taken back. Minho cocked an eyebrow before leaning closer to Luhan. "I suggest if you want to do something, do something about it. If not, I recommend you don't interfere." Minho said before he tapped Luhan's cheek. Luhan scoffed before he pushed Minho away. "I'm leaving." Minho chimed before he smirked to walk down the hall with his back facing Luhan. "I swear I'll kill that idiot." Luhan muttered under his breath and Minho heard that. "I heard that!"

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO!" Luhan shouted back before he let out a huff. He turned to look at Jin Sae's door before he sighed. "I wish you'd stop confusing me." Luhan whispered softly to himself before he decided to just wander around the campus.

Han Jin Sae.
"And so.. how was it?" you asked CL who was giggling on her bed. You got up from your bed to sit by her on her bed. It was nearing 10.30p.m. and she was still so giddy about her whole little day out with Jiyong. "Well.. we went to a cafe.." she started out and you could tell she was happy about this. "We wrote a song together for our class assignment and then after that we went to the music shop."

"For what?" 

"He wanted to buy a new guitar."

"For..?"

"He said he wanted to.. uhm.." she started to blush and you smirked. "C'mon, tell me." you said as you poked her side. "He said he wanted to learn the guitar so he could sing to me." you smiled and tapped her shoulder. "That's really romantic and sweet."

"Really Jin Sae? Really?" CL asked and you could easily tell why she asked you like this. Usually girls would be all 'OH MY GOD! ARE YOU SERIOUS? THAT'S LIKE..SO FREAKING SWEET.'

But you were here just like, 'That's sweet.'

"Well, I'd rather have you see my real personality now than my fake one. Pick one." you said as she gave up. "Pft, I'll take the real one please."

"And that's when you get a less exaggerated reaction." you said as you got up from her bed to lie down on your bed. "Goodnight, Jin Sae." CL whispered as you switched off the lights beside you. "Goodnight." you whispered back and you shut your eyes tight. You were this close to drifting off into wonderland when your phone ringtone started to play and CL chuckled when you groaned. "What the fudge." you cursed as you took your phone and immediately unlocked your phone so the ringtone would stop playing. It was just a text message but your notifying ringtone is pretty long.

"Are you asleep yet?"
From : Luhan || Received : 10.45p.m.

You furrowed your eyebrows before you tried to remember since when you had Luhan's number. Before you could even answer that yourself, another text came in.

"If you're wondering how I have your number or how you have my number, don't ask because I got it when I stole your phone away from you on that day we had detention. Yeah, you're welcome."
From : Luhan || Received : 10.46p.m.

This moron.