Unsure.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 4th of July 2013.

Chapter 31 : Unsure.
"Is this what it's supposed to feel like?"


Han Jin Sae.
When the door closed, you lifted your head, expecting to see your Vocal Music teacher come in but it was just your partner, Luhan. He smirked when he saw you lifting your head up and you looked back down on your song writing book where you tried to see if you needed to change the lyrics of the song you had for him. Probably to perform today because the teacher gave a little heads up that a few of you will perform the songs today. "Waiting for me?" he asked when he sat down and you shifted your chair away from him a little, not wanting to make a conversation but he shifted his seat closer. "Talk to me." he said as he closed your book and pulled it away.

You looked at him and sighed. "What do you want to know?"

"Where are you going with Minho later?"

"Why are you asking me?" you asked as you reached for your book but he pushed it further away. "Just answer me." he was getting a little impatient and you leaned closer. "I don't know where so why don't you just ask him? Now give it back." you snapped at him before you took your book back and leaned away. You could hear him sigh before he cleared his throat. "Are you done with the song for me?" he asked and you nodded your head without looking at him as you changed a few words here and there. CL was probably with Jiyong at the back of the classroom and considering that they both liked each other, you decided to let them have their time alone because if CL was alone, you'd definitely sit with her.

"Alright class. Let's head to the auditorium." a voice spoke up and you lifted your head to meet with your teacher's eyes. "And then we'll hear and see some of your talents." you gulped before getting up along with everyone else to head towards the auditorium that was just down the hall. However this was a mini auditorium that could fit about a hundred people, not more than that. The stage was nice with the red velvet curtains at the back along with a spotlight and it seems like they had a good sound system built in here.

"Let's start with the first pair, Luhan and Jin Sae." immediately the two of you looked up to meet with your teacher's eyes even though the two of you had just sat down on the first row of the seats in the mini auditorium. "Which one of you would like to pre-"

"Me." Luhan answered as he stood up. Your mouth gaped open but you couldn't say anything when everyone cheered for Luhan. Some even whistled and you decided to just sit back to hear him sing. He got on the stage swiftly and he sat down in front of the piano. "Here's the song to that girl sitting on the first row. You're a big idiot," he breathed out and everyone laughed.

You scoffed before you voiced out, "Thanks."

When everyone quiet down he whispered loud enough for you to hear, "But you're alright." your eyes widened at the last remark but soon it was quiet when he started to play the piano. It was a soft tempo song and the melody sounded right. His fingers just swiftly pressing onto each key as though he owns the whole piano. 

"Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining,
 Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying,
 She's unusual, you can tell that everyday,
 Oh, I know, I know, when I'm blunt and rude she cannot stand me.

 But it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see,
 It's just magical, and I wonder everyday.

 Yeah you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change,
 If perfect's what you're searching for then don't ever change,
 So, if you wonder now here if you look okay,
 Here now I'll say.

 When you see her face, there's not a thing that you can change,
 Cause she's amazing, just the way she is,
 And when she smiles, the whole world stop and stares for a while,
 Cause hey she's amazing,"

He dragged the last word before he lifted his chin to glance at you. "Just the way she is." He gulped and blinked before he avoided eye contact and everyone clapped as they stood up to cheer for him. He rubbed the back of his neck before he got up and came down from the stage to take the seat beside you. The teacher laughed before he applauded and stood up to face the whole class as he sat down by the edge of the stage. "Wasn't that lovely?" the teacher teased and everyone started to chant Luhan's name along with yours. "Pipe it down guys. It was just a song." the teacher snapped and everyone laughed. "However, I would be really interested to see what Jin Sae has in store for Luhan,"

Everyone clapped and cheered and at this moment you just didn't want to perform now. "But, Jin Sae told me her condition and she'll perform for Luhan another time." Everyone let out sounds of disappointment until Jiyong shouted, "Can I sing a song for CL then?" The mood was back up and the teacher laughed before he signalled Jiyong to take it away. Jiyong beamed as he shot up from his seat, winked at CL before he ran up the stage along with grabbing a guitar on the ground as he sat down on the stage where he could see CL perfectly. He was strumming the chords of the song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz and it was really easily to tell because of the tune. Everyone smiled slightly and CL was blushing a little when he started to sing.

"Well you done done me and you bet I felt it,
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted,
I fell right through the cracks,
Now I'm trying to get back."

As you tried to focus on the song, you could feel someone staring at you and knowing it was Luhan, you whispered a soft "What?" as you focused on Jiyong's performance. Luhan cleared his throat before he looked away from you and sighed. Feeling bad that you didn't even acknowledge how he sang for you, you smiled before you whispered, "That was not bad, Luhan."

From the corner of your eyes you could see him leaning forward and he looked at you with his mouth gaped open. "Really? Uh, I mean.. It was nothing big." he shrugged it off before he leaned back on the chair. "Would it kill you to be less conceited for once in your life?" you snapped at him without tearing your eyes away from Jiyong who was smiling as he continued playing for CL. However, your ears were deafen by Luhan's laugh when you heard him laughing softly, even though Jiyong's singing was much louder than that. "I'll take it as you liked my song then." he whispered back and you smirked before leaning back on the chair. "I guess you could say that."

After class, you headed straight back to your dorm where you waited for CL to come in but she was taking a while so you took out your phone and dialled Sehun's number. It rang for a while before he picked up. "Hey," he breathed out and you could tell he was running or something. "I-Is this the wrong time?"

"What? No no no no no! I was searching everywhere for my phone and I got it just on time." he explained in one breath before you managed to smile softly. "Why? Did something happen?" he asked softly and you sighed. "I.. got a date tonight." you said softly and you could tell his eyes would be widening now if you two were face to face. "Luhan?"

"Minho."

"Oh." There was a change in Sehun's voice and you could tell. "Was he the guy who hugged you during your mother's fu-"

"Yeah.." You dragged the word slowly and you could hear Sehun gulping on the other end. "Ah, where are you guys going?" Sehun asked and you shrugged your shoulders even though he can't see it. "I'm not sure but Sehun-ah,"

"Yeah?"

"Is this is what it's supposed to feel like?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't exactly.. feel..-" your voice trailled off when the door opened and CL came in along with the girls. "I'll just talk to you some other time, Sehun."

"Alright, have fun later!" he beamed softly before you ended the call. He whispered a soft "Good luck." But you didn't hear it when you hung up. "Who was that?" Park Bom asked as you turned to look at her from your bed. "Just a friend." you answered softly and she smiled at you before she nodded her head. "So, I was thinking we all have a night out tonight! Just five of us girls!" Dara beamed and CL seem to think it was a good plan. "I-I don't think I can make it tonight." you spoke up and they turned to look at you. Before they could ask why, you said, "I have a.. date."

"A DATE?!" The four of them chorused at the same time before they grouped around you on your bed. "Who with?" Minzy asked and you gulped. "M-Minho."

"Wah!" Dara cheered as she high fived Park Bom. "I knew you'd give him a shot!"

"He's perfect!" Minzy smiled and you nodded your head before looking at CL who smiled too but you couldn't exactly tell why she was smiling for. After an hour or so, the girls left your room, leaving you with just CL. "You know, just because he asked you out, doesn't mean you have to like him." CL said as she zipped up your dress. You furrowed your eyebrows before you turned to look at her. "What do you mean?"

"What I mean is," she breathed out as tucked strands of your hair behind your ear. "If this date doesn't make your heart leap out of your chest, you shouldn't lead him on."

"CL, I'm not lea-"

"You may think that now but, sooner or later, you'll realize it. I just want what's best for you and until I see a genuine smile from you, I'm not convinced." she shook her head and you gulped before the words she said left an effect on you. She looked at the time before she gripped onto your purse and placed it in your hands. "Tonight's the night where you find out how you're really feeling. And I hope things turn out right." she nodded before she pushed you towards the door. "Now get out there and have a good time." she whispered before she hugged you lightly and then she gave you a boost out of your room.
 

 

 


A/N : I changed the lyrics here and there of Bruno Mar's song, Just The Way You Are. If you sing it out, it still matches the beat and everything xD