Song Dedications.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 15th of June 2013.

Chapter 20 : Song Dedications.

"This is a dedication to my friend. A friend who stuck by me since I came here and, I just want to let her know how I feel. Because I apparently, I when it comes to expressing my feelings. So..yeah.."


Han Jin Sae.
"These lyrics are good." Sehun smiled as he looked down on the song book. "Yeah, I didn't write that." you admitted and he widened his eyes. "Then who did?"

"Take a wild guess."

"Luhan?" he chuckled and you nodded your head. "So when are you-" his voice trailled off when his phone started vibrating. He picked up his phone and answered the call. "N-Now?" he glanced at you and you motioned him to just go if he really needed to. He leaned in to give kiss on the cheek before he got up. He waved goodbye before he left. Sehun was a pretty busy person so you understood that. "Are you dating Sehun or something?" you hear a voice speaking behind you and you turned around to look at Luhan leaning on the door frame of the balcony. "Why? Does it bother you?"

He hissed before he came out to sit down beside you. "It's just a simple question. Yes or no? Which one?"

"Or."

"Jin Sae."

"Luhan." you smirked when he scoffed at you. "By the way, thanks for the lyrics. It sounds perfect." you gave him a smile. "Yeah I know I'm perfec-" his voice trailled off when he saw your smile. Your smile fell as you waved a hand at him. He blinked at you before he blurted out a soft "Huh? What?" you shook your head and leaned closer. "Thanks Luhan. You're not that bad after all." you chuckled softly before you got up with your phone in your pocket, your bag over your shoulder and your song book along with your guitar in your grip.

When you reached the cafe, CL was already sitting on the stage with her band members sitting around her. You gulped and made your way towards the front table and sat down there with your things occupying the chair beside you. As you tried to occupy the other seat with your guitar, the chair pulled and someone sat down. You looked up to see Minho's eyes. "I didn't know you were performing." he smiled and you poked his cheek. "You gave me that idea."

"I didn't say you have to sing it in front of a crowd."

"Shh, the performance is starting."

"Pft." he huffed before he turned to look at CL on stage. "This is a song for a friend. A friend who.. just a friend who means a lot to me." She turned to look at you and you gulped. "Even though I just met her and everything." Minzy started with a soft and slow beat, Park Bom strummed her guitar and Dara followed in with the piano. That's when CL started to sing.

"Lean on me,
When you're not strong, and I'll be your friend,
I'll help you carry on, for, it won't be long,
'Til I'm gonna need, somebody to lean on.

Please, swallow your pride,
If I have things you need to borrow,
For, no one can fill,
Those of your needs, that you won't let show."

Minzy picked up the pace and soon the four of them started to sing in unison. You seriously had no idea why they weren't signed especially when they were so good at giving you goosebumps. As well as letting a tear roll down your cheek because this is the first time someone is doing this for you.

"So just call on me sister, when you need a hand,
We all need somebody to need lean on.
I just might have a problem, that you'll understand,
We all need somebody to lean on."

They finished the song perfectly and you clapped your hands as you stood up. The crowd cheered softly and CL got down from the stage to give you a tight hug. "I'm sorry I acted the way I did. I..I didn't know how to act to it and I was being rash." she admitted and you smiled before you patted her back as you broke the hug. "Aren't you going to say anything?" she asked softly but you turned around to take your guitar. "I'm singing it to you." you smiled and she chuckled as she nodded her head. Minzy, Park Bom and Dara got down from the stage and right before the cafe owner could announce the next performer you went up to him and asked softly, "I-If you don't mind, I just have a short dedication." you smiled at him when he motioned you to get along with it. "Thanks." you muttered softly as you got on the stage and all eyes were on you.

This was definitely nerve wrecking because it's been such a long time before you sang in front of a crowd. You didn't know if you had it in you like you did back in the province but what the heck, it couldn't be that bad. Deep breaths. Just as you gripped onto your guitar, the door opened and you could see EXO-K entering with a grin on their face. "Fighting!" they showed a fist bump in the air and you smiled at them. You leaned closer to the mircophone to clear your throat in front of it and the crowd laughed. They could tell this was probably your first time performing here. 

Narrator.
"This is a dedication to my friend. A friend who stuck by me since I came here and, I just want to let her know how I feel. Because apparently, I when it comes to expressing my feelings. So..yeah.." she muttered the end softly and she could see CL grinning as she was waiting for her to sing. She strummed her guitar softly before she started to sing, well it was more of an introduction talk before she started to sing.

"As time goes on, I'm starting to learn more and more about responsibility.
And I realize, the things that I'm doing are affecting the people around me.
Even the ones that are close to me. Close to my heart."

She picked up the pace with her guitar and she started to sing the lyrics that had just randomly came out of but sincerely from her heart. She had memorized the lyrics Luhan wrote down and just as she was about to sing the lyrics he wrote, the devil himself entered the cafe along with EXO-M. They all took seats on the table right beside EXO-K, who didn't notice their presence because they wanted to support their friend up on stage. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Sehun. Sehun turned to look at Luhan, "Stop staring and enjoy her sing." Sehun said before he faced front again. "How the hell.." Luhan muttered softly and his eyes shot up to the stage when he heard Jin Sae's voice singing the lyrics he had written for her.

He was impressed that she could add in her own lyrics from there as she went on. "I wrote those lyrics for her." Luhan whispered softly and the members turned to look at him. "Nice lie." Chen said as he high fived Xiumin. "It's true, you can ask her later." Luhan smirked at the thought of being praised but Kris smacked his head. "Dude, you have got to stop hitting me!" Luhan hissed but he got hushed by the people in the cafe who were being immersed by Jin Sae's voice. When she was done, she looked at CL. "Happy birthday CL. And.. I'm sorry." CL got up on the stage to pull Jin Sae up from her seat to give her a hug. The crowd cheered and Jin Sae got down from the stage.

Han Jin Sae.
You sat down at your seat with 2NE1 and Minho on the same table as you. You turned around to look for Sehun but he was gone. "Next up performing, these guys call themselves EXO-K so let's give them a hand!"

Your eyes shot open as you turned to face front and you could see six of your best friends on stage. "This one's for you, Jin Sae." Kai winked at you as they positioned themselves on stage. An upbeat track came up and everyone started to clap along to the beat.

"Have you seen that girl, have you seen her,
She's the freakiest thing, you gotta need her,
You do whatever it takes to get her by your side, woah."
Baekhyun sang as he smiled at you.

"It's the way she smiles, with her little laugh,
It's the way she looks in a photograph,
But all the boys they crowd around."
Kyungsoo chuckled a little at the end when he saw you waving at him.

"She can sing, she can dance but who cares,
She's perfect and she's got it,
She can sing, she can dance but who cares,
She's all that we wanted."
the six of them chorused at the same time and it sounded magical. You knew they had musical qualities in them but they would never show it to you.

Narrator.
Sehun stepped into the middle and she smiled just as he started singing. He told her that he could never sing but he said he would sing just for her. He's keeping his promise pretty well now. 

"Have you seen that girl, have you seen her,
With the way she moves you wanna kiss her,
She'll be the girl of your dreams if you can close your eyes."
Sehun got down from the stage to hold Jin Sae's hand as he pulled her up on stage. CL actually knew about this, that's why she also made her to come to the cafe. Minho leaned back on his chair as he looked away from all this. Jin Sae was smiling as she sat on the chair on the stage with the six of them just singing for her. "What's with your expression?" Dara asked softly and he sighed. "I want to do something special for her but.. it's just.."

"You like her, don't you?" Dara asked and Minho turned to look at her. "Is it that obvious?" Dara nodded her head and Minho sighed. "She's perfect. Just look at her. Even six guys are serenating her." Minho scoffed as he turned away.

"You can feel that beat when she's in the room,
You can feel your heart going boom boom,
And all the boys they crowd around."
Suho sang as he danced around Jin Sae and she couldn't help but just laugh at how goofy the oldest among the six was being. EXO-M's eyes widened when they saw that. "Wow, I didn't know six guys were going after her." Tao breathed out and Luhan scoffed. "They're not going after her. They're just friends."

"And how would you know?" Lay asked and Luhan turned to look at Lay. "I know things, alright?"

"Seems like someones jealous." Kris cooed out and the guys cheered softly. "I'm not jealous."

"Joke of the year." Chen muttered out softly and they started to laugh.

"Now let's welcome the birthday girl!" Chanyeol beamed as he was actually a fan of 2NE1 even though they weren't signed under any record label. CL's eyes widened as she has met Chanyeol before but she has never actually talked to him. Chanyeol went down from the stage and pulled her up by her hand. "Happy birthday." he whispered softly and she smiled. "Thank you."

Jin Sae scooted a little and CL and her were sharing seats on the stage. They clapped and swayed along to the music, just like that their friendship was back on track. "Want to have some fun?" Minzy asked and Park Bom smiled. "Let's go!" Park Bom smiled as she pulled Minzy up to just dance around on stage. "Go on." Minho gestured Dara to go but she felt bad. "C'mon, I'll be alright. Go." Minho smiled and Dara went up on stage. As Minho sighed, another girl sat beside Minho. Minho turned to raised his eyebrows at Sulli. "Oh.. what are you doing here?"

"I did what you told me to." Minho furrowed his eyebrows before he asked, "W-What?"

"I'm staying away from Lizzy, like you told me too." Minho smiled as he patted her head. "That's great-"

"But.."

"But?"

"Can you be my friend? As in.. can I ju-"

"I'll be your friend." Minho clarified as they faced front, smiling to enjoy the performance that was ending.

 


 


Song lyrics used : Lean On Me - Bill Withers, She Walks Like Rihanna (Edited by MissyQ) - The Wanted.
Song intro used by Jin Sae : Sorry Put The Blame On Me - Akon.