Forty.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

Updated on the 24th of July 2013.

Chapter 40 : Forty
"Who knew that little Miss Han Jin Sae is just a friend? Just a friend to LUHAN? My my my! That's not true!"


Narrator.
Luhan opened his eyes softly, mumbling Jin Sae's name as he rubbed his eyes. His eyes shot open and he sat up immediately when he remembered the fried rice burning in the kitchen. He sighed in relief when there was no smoke or any burnt smell in the room. He got up and looked down only to realize the apron on him a moment ago was gone. He walked towards the kitchen only to let his lips twitched upwards when he could see his girlfriend in the kitchen attempting to cook something when it was originally the other way around. She had the pink apron on and her hair was tied up into a messy bun. Even though she wouldn't admit it but Luhan would definitely admit it that she looks adorable. She had this cute side to her but she wouldn't admit it.

Luhan took his phone on the table before he walked towards the kitchen door where he stood in front of it to snap a few photos of his girlfriend in this situation he knew he would rarely get the chance to witness again. He smirked before he put his phone into his pocket. "Now we're even." He muttered softly. He sat down on the sofa as he could see his girlfriend perfectly from where he was sitting. It wasn't too long until he drifted off into dreamland just like that as he tried to wait for her to finish but he failed miserably.

Han Jin Sae.
Luckily, there was a recipe Luhan was refering to as well as leftover ingredients you could use to make at least two plates of fried rice. You served them on two plates along with cutleries before you started to clean everything up. When you were washing the frying pan along with the spatula, arms crept around your waist. You jerked up slightly at the touch and nearly had the urge to use the spatula you were washing to smack whoever was wrapping their arms around you but you didn't when you hear Luhan's voice mumbling into the crook of your neck, "It's just me."

You smiled slightly before you decided to let this go. Usually, at this sudden contact you may actually just elbow him in the gut but considering he was trying to prepare something like this for you, he was off the hook. "If you don't let me go, I can't get this apron off me."

"Who cares? Leave it on. You look fine with it."

You glanced down onto the apron before you barfed a little inside. This was definitely not what you had in mind when you and the word apron comes together. "Hell no. Have you seen what's on this?" You asked as you tried to wiggle out of his grip but his arms wrapped around you tighter. "I said you look fine. Believe me." He whispered before you managed to smile a little, but this wasn't working. Luhan can whisper 101 things that would benefit you if you wore this pink Hello Kitty apron but it won't get you anywhere. You easily turned around with your arms around his neck and he smiled at you as he leaned his forehead against yours. He closed his eyes as he leaned in for a kiss but you took this opportunity to duck and get out of his grip when you dashed out of the kitchen. 

You took off the apron hurriedly, which caused your hair tie to fall off onto the ground, letting your hair fall on your shoulders. You could see him shaking his head as he walked out of the kitchen towards you. "Sometimes, I wonder if you know you're cute." Luhan blurted out as you looked up to meet his eyes. You threw the apron at his face before you hear him chuckling after he saw how your face was burning up a little. "Aw, is someone blushing because of me?" He cooed as he walked towards you as he tossed the apron over your shoulder to let it fall onto the sofa. He stood in front of you and open his arms wide, expecting a hug. "Come here." He whispered but then you went under his right arm to get into the kitchen.

He spun around only to see you holding two plates of fried rice. "Let's eat." You smirked when he groaned and instead of hugging you, he hugged himself before the two of you made way to the dining table to eat. Later that night, the two of you were just by the couch as he wrapped his arms around you with your head on his chest. After persuading you for a few minutes, you finally gave in and he smirked in victory. You also protested in wearing his sleeping clothes but the moment you got into the shower, he sneakily opened the bathroom door to take away your clothes you were wearing earlier and replaced them with his black long sleeved shirt and a pair of sweats.

At first you were a little mad at him for invading your personal space of just opening the bathroom door like that, which you locked but he had the key. But of course, he had his way of explaining himself where he said he wouldn't possibly just flung the door open to see your body. He respected your space but he just wanted you to wear his clothes. For his personal reasons which you don't know about. "See, this isn't so bad." He said softly as you scoffed a little with your cheek pressed on his chest. The two of you were lying down on the couch with your body in between his legs, since the couch was pretty spacious in the first place. After a while, you easily fell asleep, letting Luhan stare at your features even though the two of you were going to watch a movie.

Luhan.
"Jin Sae?" I called her name out softly but she wouldn't respond. Instead I could hear her breathings getting even and I switched off the television with the remote control in my hands. I sighed before I looked down on her. Placing my hand on her right cheek, I caressed her cheek slowly with my thumb before a smile crept onto my face. I could remember just a few months ago, when I first met her it was like a death glare contest where we two would constantly show glares to one another. Slowly we developed those mutual hate for one another to nothing. Where we two would just talk to one another without having feelings for one another. Be it hating or liking one another.

We were at that stage of just getting to know each other. Little did we know a month flew by and we got closer. Although we barely shown it but we know we've got each others backs. It seems insane but the first person I would go to now for help was her. Not Kris, not Xiumin not Lay. Jin Sae. My eyes widened when I realized that the fridge now didn't have much ingredients. A thought came into my mind to run to the nearest 24 hour speed mart to replenish the ingredients. When she hummed in content, I slowly lifted her up in my arms and got up. Slowly, I walked towards my bed to lay her down on it before I pulled the blanket over her. Oh how I wish I could cuddle with her now but I had to go and get some ingredients so I could make some breakfast for her.

I, after all, messed up like an idiot in cooking dinner for tonight. Before I could even open the door, there was a knock on the door. When I opened the door, the look on my eyes were replaced with a glare when Lizzy was standing by the door. She was wearing a pink sleeveless cocktail dress that covered her up to her knees and her hair was a complete mess. If it wasn't bad enough, she was drunk and she reeked of soju. "L-Luhan.." She muttered my name softly and I hissed before I placed a hand over . "Keep it down. My friend is sleeping." I pushed her off my door step and closed my door quietly. She giggled before she kissed my hand covering . I pulled my hand away from before I glared at her.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Have I ever told you how pretty you are?" She hiccuped and she covered before she giggled again. I furrowed my eyebrows before I took a step back from her. I'm with Jin Sae now but no one knows that. She would probably still think I'm single. "Take a hike."

"Why are you being so mean?" She whined a little before I placed my hand over again because she was being too loud. "Shut it! I said my friend was sleeping!" I half-whispered, half-shouted at her but she could only laugh loudly when she pushed my hand away. "This is so hilarious Luhan!"

"A friend?!"

"A friend you say?!"

I hissed and pressed my lips together before I gulped. What?

Narrator.
"I know damn well that friend inside there isn't a friend." Lizzy wiggled her finger in front of Luhan whose eyes widened but he bet Lizzy didn't see that because hell, she was drunk but the words she was saying were true. "Who knew that little Miss Han Jin Sae is just a friend? Just a friend to LUHAN? My my my! That's not true!" She raised her voice before Luhan forcefully placed a hand over again. "What the hell do you know?!"

Lizzy pulled away Luhan's hand from before she dragged him with that hand down the hall but she couldn't drag him any further when Luhan forcefully tugged her until she fell onto the ground with her hand prying away from Luhan's hand. She chuckled when she fell onto the ground with her back leaning against the wall. A boy, who was walking down the halls on the other end froze on his spot when he narrowed his eyes to see Luhan and Lizzy on the ground. He instantly leaned against the wall and peeped, keeping an eye on them from a distance. He could easily spot on the other end another familiar looking boy but he didn't know who he was. It was a little dark and just so happen on the other end of the hallway, the lights weren't switched on.

Minho gulped before he instantly took out his phone, and started to record what was going on. Thank God his phone could even cover the sight of the boy on the other end as well. He didn't know why he was doing this, but he knew this was something he should do unless there was something going on. He could never be too careful. "Don't act as if the two of you aren't together. I have proof and I can show it to you." Lizzy smirked when Luhan was crouching down in front of her. Luhan hissed before he clenched his fists. "Until I see that proof, you will say nothing."

"Oh, will I?" she chuckled before she pulled out photos from her purse and threw them on the ground. Luhan's eyes widened when all those photos were photos of him and Jin Sae. From the time they were in the hallway, from the time when he held onto her hand for a brief moment, even the time when they were by the balcony, even during that time when he carried her back to her dorm in his arms. His eyes darted back at Lizzy before he scowled, "What the hell do you want?"

"A kiss." she shrugged before Minho pressed his lips together. Don't do it, Luhan. Minho was getting a little worried as he gulped when he saw Luhan leaning closer but instead of kissing Lizzy, he said, "If not what?"

"I'll just spread this to the whole school that the two of you are together. Maybe drop one photo to the paparazzi? I'm sure they would be interested." 

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

Luhan debated with his mind, whether he should let her just carry on with the plan. It was about time he would want everyone to know about his relationship with Jin Sae. He wanted to make sure all the boys know that Han Jin Sae, was known as Luhan's girlfriend and from there no one would dare to mess with her. He wanted to make it public so that he too, could show his emotions publicly to her. But then the thoughts of him being a celebrity, the thought of his fans bashing Jin Sae, be it online or in real life, he couldn't let that happen to her. Even now he has fans in the same university and it would be hell for Jin Sae if they were to gang up on her when he's not by her side. He made up his mind.

"Just one kiss?" Luhan cocked an eyebrow before Lizzy nodded her head. Luhan sighed before he immediately clenched onto all the photos on the ground of him and Jin Sae. He crushed them, shoved it into his pockets before he lifted his chin only to realize Lizzy's lips were on his. Minho's eyes widened when he spotted flashes coming from the other side of the hallway where he saw the same boy from the beginning. Luhan tried to push Lizzy away because it was already more than a kiss but Lizzy wouldn't let go. "L-Lizzy!" Luhan abruptedly shouted her name and she let Luhan push her off until her back met the wall with a smile on her face. "You're a pretty good kisser."

"You're not." Luhan said as he got up. Even though Lizzy was the one who threw herself at Luhan, it still counted as a kiss. Minho immediately stopped the video and kept his phone in his pocket when he saw a shadow coming from the other side of the hallway but that shadow was leaving. Minho knew something was wrong. There was just something not right and in his deep gut, he knows this has something to do with Jin Sae and Luhan. As much as he likes Sulli now, he still has a spot for Jin Sae. And that spot was replaced with a feeling of protecting her even though he couldn't love her. He told himself that if he couldn't have her to himself, he would at least protect her like his sister and this was what he was doing right now.

Minho ran across the hall to get onto the other side to catch the culprit but it was useless when the boy was nowhere to be found. Minho punched the wall but he gasped when he heard grunts of a boy on the other end of the hall. He turned around only to see Sehun gripping onto the boy's collar who took the photos of Luhan and Lizzy kissing. Minho mentally thanked God as he made his way towards Sehun and the boy. He narrowed his eyes only to see that it was  Lizzy's boyfriend, Kim Jae. "What the hell were you doing?" Sehun hissed as he was this close to punching the boy in the face who smirked at them. "What do you mean?"

"Don't even try to hide it, I saw what you were doing." Minho said in a low and dangerous voice as he stood beside Sehun, trapping Kim Jae against the wall. Sehun was grateful on the inside, knowing that someone was there to back him up. He would prefer if it was at least someone from EXO-M or EXO-K so that it would be someone who cared for both Luhan and Jin Sae but at this moment, even if it was Minho, he was grateful. "You two have nothing against me. It's not wrong to do what I was doing."

"Oh yeah? What were you doing?" Minho asked and Kim Jae smirked. "And I don't have to answer to you either."

Sehun gave a punch on Kim Jae's jaw, causing Kim Jae's head to tilt to the right. A red mark appeared on where Sehun had just punched him and before Minho could stop Sehun from punching him, Kim Jae took this opportunity to punch Sehun in the stomach before he was free from Sehun's grip. Minho pulled the camera strap around Kim Jae and Kim Jae fell backwards as Minho swiftly pulled the camera off Kim Jae. Even with the camera in Minho's hands, Kim Jae got up and ran for it.

Sehun was this close to running after Kim Jae but he stopped when he glanced at Minho who had Kim Jae's camera. "Delete the photos. I saw everything that happened. We can't let this ruin Jin Sae and Luhan's relationship." Sehun said as Minho nodded. "You know that Luhan was just trying to protect Jin Sae right?" Minho asked and Sehun gave a nod. He knew it wasn't the right thing to do to kiss Lizzy but he thought about it and he would've done the same if it would keep Lizzy to shut .

When Minho's face paled, Sehun started to feel nervous. He too, felt something wrong now. "M-Minho, are you alright?"

"Sehun,"

"Y-Yeah? Is something wro-"

"The SD card is gone."

"Which means?" Sehun asked nervously, he wasn't good with techologies and he had to depend on Minho's answer right now.

"The pictures are not here."