Aegyo.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 30th of June 2013.

Chapter 29 : Aegyo.

"Did you see how cute that was?!"


Narrator.
She lifted her head up only to realize the teacher had already come in. She straightened up and tried to focus on the lesson when she couldn't. Slowly memories of her and her mother projected in her mind and she couldn't seem to get a grip on herself now. A tear rolled down her cheek and the teacher eyed her before gaping open. "J-Jin Sae, are you crying?" The teacher asked outloud and everyone turned to give her a look. She wiped the tear away before coughing. "She probably yawned a lot so her eyes are watery." Luhan spoke up monotonously and everyone gave a nod before looking away from her because it made sense but the teacher wasn't convinced but she believed it anyway. "Alright, back to the lesson."

"Thank you." She whispered to Luhan who could only smirk as he lifted his chin to focus on the lesson but he couldn't after he heard her voice thanking him.

"And don't forget class, next week we'll be carrying out an experiment so I hope you all have your partners. Leave your notebooks on my table before you leave. That's all for today."

Everyone stood up and thanked the teacher before walking towards the front table to place their notebooks before they left the classroom. Luhan easily took her book and placed it on the table on top of his before making his way out of the class. She wanted to thank him but it was pointless when he was walking way faster than her. She walked out of the classroom and down the halls as she pulled out her phone. Luhan turned around only to notice she was walking the opposite direction from him and he furrowed his eyebrows when the way to their dorms was the way he was walking, not her way.

He turned around fully and made his way towards her through the hallway filled with people to get to her but it was useless when he saw Sehun hugging her from the back. He froze and gulped before people bumped into him until he moved to the side to lean against the lockers. He could see Sehun cupping her cheeks when he turned her around and he could see Jin Sae crying again. From there people blocked his sight of Sehun and Jin Sae. When the people moved, they were gone. Leaving Luhan to look left and right, searching for the two but it was hopeless when they left the university.

Han Jin Sae.
"H-How are you feeling?" Suho asked when you took a seat down on the table for seven. Kyungsoo closed his cafe early so the seven of you could just converse like usual without having to serve the customers. He had enough business for the day anyway. You shrugged your shoulders before each and every one of them gave a shot at trying to make you laugh but it would only result to you smiling a little bit or you not smiling at all. "Let's play a game!" Chanyeol beamed and everyone turned to look at him. "What game?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol ran towards the counter to pull out papers along with a pen.

He sat back down on his seat and Kai leaned closer to see what he was doing. "What are you doing?" You asked softly and Chanyeol winked at you. "We're going to play Charades! Since Jin Sae doesn't want to talk, we all should follow her! Charades is the way to go!" Chanyeol beamed and everyone thought it was a good idea until you leaned back on your chair before you whispered, "Can I not play?"

The six guys shot you a look before they looked at one another. "Nope!" They chorused at the same time and you groaned silently before Sehun gave you a squeeze on your shoulder. You turned to look at him and he smiled at you. "C'mon and play with us. It's not everyday Kyungsoo gets to close down his cafe early." Kyungsoo pouted when you looked at him and he smiled at you. "Please play?" Kyungsoo asked and Kai leaned closer before the both of them attempted to show their cuteness in persuading you. Smiling a little, you decided to give in with a nod. Suho got up and walked towards the counter before taking a container. He put all the pieces of paper Chanyeol wrote onto into the container.

"Alright! Whose first?" Chanyeol asked as he shook the container. "Me!" Kyungsoo beamed as he reached for one of the papers. He pulled out the paper and he narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol when he saw what word he got that he needed to act out. Kyungsoo stood up and pushed his chair back before he bent down on the ground on fours as he crawled around the cafe. He stopped and he clenched his fist beside his cheek before moving it in a circular motion, acting like a cat. "You're a dog!"

"A pig?"

Kyungsoo shook his head before he emphasized on the hand gesture.

"Rabbit?"

Kyungsoo groaned before he his clenched fist and that's when you knew he was definitely a cat but you decided not to say anything because this was starting to get amusing, but you stiffled your laugh.

"Dragon!"

"HOW IS THIS A DRAGON?!" Kyungsoo shouted as he stood up on his feet again. "Guys, he's a cat." You answered softly and Kyungsoo blew a kiss for you. "Thank the heavens you're a genius!" Kyungsoo smiled before returning to his seat. "Choose who gets to go next!" Chanyeol beamed and Kyungsoo turned to give a look at Kai, who shouted the answer "Dragon."

"To the genius who thought I was a dragon when I'm a god damn cat, Kai." Kyungsoo snapped at Kai who could only stick his tongue out at him before he reached into the container to pull out a paper. He unfolded the paper and his eyes bulged at the word. "Why the hell would you put this as an action?" Kai asked Chanyeol who could only shrug his shoulders. Kai crushed the paper before he pushed his chair backwards and took a step back. He started to do poses like cupping his own chin with one hand, putting both hands in his pocket, fixing his hair and winking at the 'camera'. At this point, all you had in your mind was a model but the others decided to have fun with him.

"You're a cocky bastard."

"Conceited?"

"A guy who is so full of himself!"

"GUYS!" Kai raised his voice when none of his friends were taking this game seriously especially when everyone was laughing, including himself. You smiled a little when Kai run his fingers through his hair and he tried to do a few more poses again but still, the guys wouldn't take him seriously. "Are you a model?" you asked softly and Kai froze when he heard that. "Yes baby! Yes!" he beamed as he came to hug you. "At least someone has a right mind here." He scoffed before he leaned away from you to sit back down. Everyone had their fair share of acting out the words. Sehun had the word 'Elephant' which was pretty amusing seeing him use his arm as a trunk and the boys thought he was imitating a vacuum cleaner. Baekhyun had the word 'Eye liner' which was the easiest thing known to man for him. Chanyeol couldn't act or guess, considering he's the one hosting the game. Suho had the word 'Prince Syndrome' which was something all of you knew he had because he's good looking and he has a good heart.

Soon it was down to you and there was only one piece of paper left. You looked away and acted like you weren't playing but they kept bugging you to give it a shot. "Just take it and do it!" Kai pouted and Chanyeol followed along. "C'mon! We'll let you use sound effects!" Baekhyun winked and you leaned back on your chair. "No, I'm not doing it." You muttered softly before looking away but Sehun frowned a little. "Please?" A few of them chorused at the same time and Kyungsoo said, "If you do this, you'll get dinner!"

"Even if I don't do this, you'll feed me anyway."

"F-Fine but just do it! How bad can it be?" Kyungsoo snapped back before he huffed. You groaned a little before reaching into the container and once you got the paper Chanyeol pulled the container away, making sure the paper was in your hand. You opened the paper and you saw the words,

"Aegyo = Cuteness" 

written on the paper. Your eyes widened and you crushed the paper before looking for a dustbin. You aimed and tossed it in before you looked at them. "I'm. Not. Doing. It." you said with a pause after every word and they all complained.

"C'mon! We all acted out!

"Except for Chanyeol but he's excused."

"Please?"

"Just do it!"

"I don't want to." you croaked out and you shook your body a little which made the boys chuckle a little on your actions. It was rare for you to act like this but since you weren't exactly in the right mind, they let this slide. "Please." Sehun dragged the word and you huffed. "Fine!" you half-whispered, half-shouted as you straightened up and all eyes were on you. You sighed before you mentally cursed yourself for actually attempting to do this. You had a feeling the guys already knew what the word was considering Chanyeol was the one who wrote it and since it was the last one. You put two fists beside your cheeks before you curved them forward a few times slowly as you said a soft "Bbuing bbuing." The boys cheered before you could hear them beaming and shouting how cute that was. You covered your face with your hands before you sunk into your seat, regretting with every single ounce of yourself that you just did that.

"Just kill me." you groaned softly and the boys were still going on about how cute that was. How cute your cheeks were slightly puffed up and your hand motions were when you squeaked out those words that when other girls do it would seem so annoying but when you do it, it's a whole different story. "Did you see how cute that was?!"

"Do it again!"

"Yeah! One more time!"

"I've never seen her do that before!"

"Please?!"

"No!" you croaked out because your throat was still a little dry and you cleared your throat before you said with a firmer, "No. Guess the word."

"Aegyo!" all of them chorused at the same time and you smiled a little. At least they got the answer right. All efforts weren't going down the drain.