Hiding My Heart.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 14th of July 2013.

Chapter 35 : Hiding My Heart.
"So I spend this whole time hiding, my heart, away."


Han Jin Sae.
"Mind if I borrow her?" Sehun asked behind Kris and Lay who were sitting opposite you in the cafe. You raised an eyebrow before you let out a soft, "Sehun, what are you doing here?"

"May I?" Sehun asked again, ignoring what you had just said his name. "Sure." Kris smiled before he faced front to flash a smile at you that millions of girls would squeal and probably die of happiness. "Let's meet again after your classes! We'll wait for you." Lay chimed as you leaned back on the chair. "C'mon." Sehun smiled as he walked over towards you and pulled you up by you arm. "L-Let me go!" you grunted but he didn't care. He swung your bag over his shoulder before he held onto your hand as he dragged you out of the coffee shop.

"Where are you taking me?" you hissed as he dragged you down the streets, walking across the road so that the two of you would reach to a nearby park. "Sit down." he whispered as he sat down after he placed your bag on the ground by his side. You stood there before he pulled you down by your arm until you sat down beside him and he smirked. "I have a class starting soon."

"Really? What class might that be?"

"Vocal music."

"And I heard you have a partner?"

You furrowed your eyebrows before you scooted away from him. "Where are you going with this?"

"Where do you think I'm going with this?" he smirked before you let out a groan. "Sehun! This isn't the time to mess with me!" You half-shouted, half-whined as you let out a sigh. "My mind is messed up enough." you mumbled softly before you leaned back on the chair. Upon hearing you sigh, his heart softened. Not once you would let him see you being this weak and he tilted your face to meet his eyes. "It's Luhan, isn't it?" he whispered as you gulped, not being able to say anything. In a way, he's right. It is about Luhan. Whatever he thinks is probably true anyway. You looked away, avoiding Sehun's touch when he sighed as he hugged you tight. "You can't hide anything from me, you know that right?"

Nodding slightly, he smiled as he pressed his lips on the side of your head before he murmured a soft, "Good."

"Now tell me what's wrong." he whispered before he broke the hug and placed his hands on your shoulders. "I just.."

"I don't know what's going on. My mind, it's filled with,"

"Luhan?"

"Everywhere I go all that comes to me is just,"

"Luhan."

"Sehun!"

He chuckled before he pulled his hands away from you. "What? I'm not wrong, am I?" he smirked at you when he saw how flustered your face was. "Buzz off." you snapped at him before you scooted away but he did the same to come closer towards you. "Look, you can't run from your feelings forever, Jin Sae."

"Oh yeah? Coming from the boy who ran away from his?" you raised an eyebrow before you crossed your arms in front of your chest. He pressed his lips together before he let out a soft sigh. You've hit the bulls eye. Hell yes you did. Before you even met L.Joe, Sehun was the one whom you come to love. He felt the same, but he was afraid of just admitting it that he even tried ignoring you for so long until you finally lost it and brought him to his senses but it was sort of too late. Around there was when you met L.Joe and if it wasn't for L.Joe, Sehun wouldn't realize he's an all these while. Ever since, the two of you have agreed to be friends, with.. benefits. Others have also asked plenty of times on why the two of you wouldn't give another shot at it but sometimes, being friends is the only way to go.

"Can't speak?" you asked as you stole a glance at him only to catch a glimpse of him having a pout on his lips. "Cat got your tongue?" you added in before he gazed down to the ground. Feeling a little guilty, you let out a soft "Fine." From the corner of your eyes you could see him lifting his chin up to look at you. "I think I like him, alright? It's just.."

"I don't know how to say it. And with him acting like this around me, it drives me crazy." you admitted bluntly before you shook your head. "It's not like he would go after girls like me anyway. I'm blunt, rude, straightforward an-"

"Everything he should want in a girl." Sehun cut you off and you turned to look at him. "It's about time you finally get someone who can love you for who you are. Not that I don't but I've already had my chance and.. I blew it. Now someone else should be able to do it." Your lips somehow tugged upwards before you whispered a soft, "Thanks."

"My pleasure. Shall I walk you to your class?" He offered as he stood up. He slinged your bag over his shoulder before he offered a hand. You reached for his hand and he pulled you to walk beside him. "Do you plan on telling him anytime soon?"

"Who knows, I might do it today." You shrugged your shoulders and he wasn't surprised. Whenever you like someone, you would try to make it obvious. In hopes that maybe they would return your feelings too. Plus, the faster you get it over with, the better it'll be. It's so much better than just waiting and see if he likes you instead or wait for any signs because honestly, those are just a waste of time. As you walked towards your next class, with Sehun by your side, you were too into your conversation with him that you didn't realize the pair of eyes staring at you as you walked pass by him. His fists clenched the moment you walked by and didn't even acknowledge his presence.

Well he can't get angry anyway. He's the one being weird in the first place nowadays. When you reached in front of your class, he turned you around by your shoulders as he handed you back your bag. He leaned in to give you a quick hug before he planted a kiss on your forehead. "Have a great day, alright?" He smiled softly before you nodded your head. "Go get him, Jin Sae." he whispered as he did a slight fist bump in the air. You couldn't help but smile bigger along with another nod before you went into your class.

Right on cue, just as you sat down Luhan entered the room. Somehow your spirits lightened as he sat down beside you but it easily disappeared when he didn't spare a glance at you. "Hi?" you greeted and maybe you sounded a little too sarcastic but he let out a soft scoff as he ignored the fact that you greeted him. You clicked your tongue the moment your teacher entered the room. Before you could talk to the teacher, he clasped his hands before he smiled at everyone. "Get your things! We're going to the auditorium for some of your songs for one another." 

Everyone easily dispersed to the auditorium, including Luhan. You jogged up to the teacher before you caught up with the teacher. "May I get my guitar? I want to perform a song today."

"Is it the one for Luhan?"

You shook your head before gulping. "Oh, like a blind song dedication?"

"More or less."

He smiled before he patted your shoulder. "I'm giving you five minutes. Run."

You gave a sharp look at him along with a nod.

Narrator.
Luhan's eyes darted around the room in the auditorium, searching for the girl who he's been acting differently around recently. He gulped when he realized she wasn't here. "Tch, what is it to you anyway?" he muttered softly before leaning back on the seat. "She's no one. No one to you Luhan." he whispered to himself before he shut his eyes. He had no interest in listening to anyone sing at the moment. "Alright, before we start with the song assignment, I'll let someone sing their song dedication."

Amounts of Ooh-s and Aah-s filled the room, much to Luhan's disgust as he scoffed. "Making a big deal out of nothing."

Everyone cheered and clapped but Luhan still didn't open his eyes. It died down when she cleared . Luhan's eyebrows knitted when that sounded like someone familiar but he had no intentions of opening his eyes. He crossed his arms in front of his chest, still questioning who was the owner of this voice. "This will be an impromptu. I've never really had a chance to sing this out before with my guitar but I guess this could be the first try." she announced before she gripped onto her guitar. A relaxing strumming pattern came up and Luhan's eyes shot open when he could easily sense who was currently playing the guitar.

He gulped as he shifted in his seat, only to get a clearer view of her playing on the stage as she sat down on the edge of it, with her legs dangling.

"This is how the story went, I met someone, by accident, 
 He blew me away, 
 Yes he blew me away.

 It was in the darkest of my days,
 When he took my sorrow, he took my pain,
 And buried them away, yes he buried them away.

 I wish I could lay down beside him when the day is done,
 And I'd wake up to his face against the morning sun,
 But like everything I've never known, he'd disappear one day,
 So I spend this whole time hiding, my heart, away.

 He would never smile, or say goodbye,
 But there's just one time, he gave a try,
 Watched him wave, I watched him wave.

 I woke up feeling heavy hearted,
 That's when I knew, the love had started,
 I want him mine, I want him to be mine.

 I wish I could lay down beside him when the day is done,
 And I'd wake up to his face against the morning sun,
 But like everything I've always known, he'll never feel the same,
 So I spend this whole time hiding, my heart, away."

It was so silent, you could almost hear a pin drop but the silence was soon replaced with applause filling the room as she jumped off the stage. She bowed a little before making her way to sit somewhere else away from Luhan. After singing like that, she couldn't bring herself to sit by him. "Luhan is a lucky guy." Jiyong whispered to CL who smiled a little. "It's about time she sang him a song. To smack him out of his senses."

"But you know who else is lucky?"

"Who?" CL asked as she turned to look at him. "Me." Jiyong smiled before he planted a kiss on CL's cheek. From afar Jin Sae scoffed and looked away from CL. "You two lovebirds." she whispered softly before she leaned back on the seat, gripping on tightly to her guitar as she watched others getting up on stage to boldly declare their song for their partners while she couldn't even admit that song was for Luhan. "Okay, it's time to stop running from your feelings." The two whispered at the same time from different seats. He took out his phone, and she took out hers.

Her heart was beating so fast, she couldn't exactly remember when she felt like this.

At the same time, the two were sending a text to one another without them realizing.

Just as she press send, he pressed the same button.

"We need to talk after class."
From : Luhan || Received : 2.46p.m.

"That song was for you."
From : Jin Sae || Received : 2.46p.m.

Their eyes widened as they read the text at the same time. The two of them tried to search for one another in the dark auditorium and much to their surprise, they locked eyes with one another. Her lips parted as she looked away from him. He blinked and gazed down to his phone where he saw those exact words on his phone screen. He felt his heart skip a beat as he leaned back on the seat before he clutched on tight to his phone. "We really need to talk now." Unknowingly a smile crept onto his face as he stared at his phone screen.

 

 


Song lyrics used : Hiding My Heart - Adele.