Sixteen.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 9th of June 2013.

Chapter 16 

You clicked your tongue before you got up to look down on your clothes drenched in black coffee.


Han Jin Sae.
"Wait," you breathed out as you brushed past Sehun to stand in front of L.Joe. "You have two minutes." you held up two fingers and he sighed as he reached for your hand to pull you out of the room but you pulled your hand back. "Here." you said as you pointed at the ground. He glanced at everyone before you looked at the clock. "1 minute and 20 seconds remaining." L.Joe gulped before he looked up to meet your eyes. "My father enrolled me into this university before we even ended high school. I..I couldn't bring myself to tell you that I was going to live in Seoul from there on because even you told me how you didn't really like to be in Seoul. I wanted to bring you along with me but I couldn't because I know you wouldn't leave with me even though you loved me."

He breathed out and he went on even though it was past two minutes already. "After I broke up with you, I was living in Seoul from there on and I tried going back to the province to find you but I couldn't find you. I wanted to call you so badly but I knew you wouldn't answer my calls. I tried reasoning out with your father to let me meet you but he kept on telling me otherwise. When I found out that you were in Seoul, I had to find you and.. I did." he gulped as he reached for your hand. "I never meant to hurt you. I know I left and I should've said something about this but I know I didn't. I'm sorry I ended things this way but I never meant for you to get hurt to this extend." you pulled your hand away before you blinked away the tears. "Get out." you breathed out and his eyes widened.

"B-But Jin Sae-" you held a hand up and that's where you lost it. "You had a whole year to tell me. You ended it with me when we were nineteen. You were eighteen when you knew about this? Don't tell me you couldn't find just one day out of those 365 days." you reasoned out and he shut his mouth. "When you left," you breathed out and you gazed down to the ground. "I didn't know what I did wrong. I didn't know if it's because of something I said, or it's something that I've done. Nothing. I had no clue." you bit your lower lip and that's when the tears streamed down your face. You felt a hand on your shoulder and you turned around to give a weak smile at Kai who was the closest to you as his hand was on your shoulder.

"And here you are, telling me that you actually got accepted into this university and just because you found me here, you want things to be alright again?" He gulped and he wanted to say something, but he couldn't. "Jin Sae.."

"I don't want to hear anymore. Just leave." from there, he let out a sigh before he looked up at you but you wouldn't look at him. "I'm sorry." he whispered before he left the room. You turned around to face Sehun this time. "Do you have anything to say?" you asked him and he breathed out heavily. "Nothing?" you asked and he gulped. "I have nothing to say either." You turned around to face the other five guys who were here the whole time as Suho came by slowly to stand beside Kai. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys before this that I had a boyfriend. We were together since we were fourteen and.." your voice trailled off them one by one slowly came to give you a group hug except for Sehun. "You don't have to explain to us. What's in the past stays in the past." Suho spoke up and you could feel the rest nodding their heads.

"Thank you." you whispered before you tried to hug all of them back. They packed up their things and Sehun was just standing there like a lamp post. The rest were on their way out when Sehun didn't want to leave. "You can..go now." you shooed him with your hand weakly and he pulled you in for a hug. From the corner of your eyes you could see Kyungsoo's eyes widening as he was the last one to leave and he smiled a little before closing the door to leave you alone with Sehun. "What are you doing?" you asked as he didn't say a word. "Sehun, a hug isn't going to explain everything to me." you said as you broke the hug and he pulled you back in for a hug. You wanted to hit him but he spoke.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I..I just didn't want you to be reminded of him again, you know? Watching you cry over him two times now is more than enough for me to know I'm not that stupid to let you cry over him again. I'm sorry." he whispered the last two words softer and that somehow made you smile. You hugged him back and you could feel his body tensing up, like he didn't expect you to hug him back. "It's okay, I guess." you breathed out before you rested your cheek on his chest. "It's not your fault anyway.." He broke the hug and placed his hands on your shoulders. "You will be alright here, right?" he asked as you nodded your head. "It's just the first day. There's no way in hell I'm going to be that girl who leaves on her first day of university." He leaned in to give a peck on your forehead before taking his leave. "That's right. You show them."

"I'll be leaving now. Call me whenever you need me alright? I'll answer no matter what." he smiled before he gave another kiss on your forehead. He left and you sat there by the dining table. "Who would've known the first day in university would be this hectic?" you muttered under your breath.

It's been a few days now and you've roughly adapted to your surroundings. You rarely went to the Han Records building because, well there isn't much a reason for you to go back there. It was a Thursday and you didn't see Minho and Luhan anywhere. Which was a relief. What was also a relief was you didn't see L.Joe anywhere. "Is God on my side?" you whispered as you put your books into your locker. When you closed your locker you jerked backwards with a hand on your chest when Minho was beside your locker all this while. "Holy f-Minho!" you shouted and you hit his arm. He chuckled before he slided to lean against your locker. "Missed me?" he asked as you scoffed. "As if. I only haven't seen you for a few days."

"Aw, you counted the number of days you haven't seen me." he teased as you rolled your eyes at him before making your way to the cafeteria. "Sit with me." he said as he took your books from your hands. "Uh, no thanks." you said as you took your books back before making your way to the table CL and the rest of 2NE1 was sitting at. It was like a usual thing now, even though it's just a few days. Just as you took your seat, CL pushed a tray in front of you as she had bought food for you before the line could get long. "Thank you." you smiled at her and she gave you a little salute with two of her fingers. "Can I sit here?" Minho asked as he gestured at the space beside you and you made eye contact with the girls on the table.

"No." you mouthed the words to them as you shook your head slightly. "Sure, take a seat." Dara said as she snickered at your expression after she had agreed to let him sit beside you. You facepalmed yourself and groaned. "C'mon, Minho seems like a nice guy." Park Bom said as Minho nudged you by your arm. "Yeah, I seem like a nice guy."

"Have you looked at your self in a mirror?" you snapped at him and thought about it for a while. "Yeah, but I would always get distracted."

"Because of your hideous face?" you asked in amusement and he chuckled as he shook his head. "Because I would think of you instead." your eyes widened and your mouth gaped open before he used his finger to push your chin up to seal your mouth. "Pretty girls should keep their mouths closed." he winked at you before he sighed as he turned to face the girls sitting in front of him. "How was your day, girls?" Minho asked and you looked down on your tray of food. You took a bite of your sandwich until you felt a person standing behind the chair beside you. "Can I sit here?" you turned to see who it was and your eyes widened when L.Joe waved at you a little shyly with a tray of food in his hands. He gulped when you looked away to continue eating.

"S-Sure, take a seat." Park Bom said this time and L.Joe took the seat beside you. You glanced up and CL was already reading the look on your face. You wiped your mouth after taking just one bite of the sandwich before you pushed your tray away on the table. "I think I lost my appetite. I'll be in the library if you need me." you said to CL and she nodded her head. She knew if she wanted to ask you anything, she would ask you later at the dorm. "I'll come wit-" L.Joe and Minho said in unison but you held a hand up. "I'm going alone." was all you said before you took your bag and headed towards the cafeteria door when some girl made you trip and you fell to the ground. You lifted your head up only to realized she was pouring cold coffee all over you. You knew it was cold coffee because ice fell on top of your head along with the coffee.

You clicked your tongue before you got up to look down on your clothes drenched with black coffee. Softly you could hear laughter in the cafeteria. "That will teach you not to steal my boyfriend away from me." she, who is supposingly a girl named 'Lizzy' snapped at you as she crushed the cup before she aimed the cup at your face. You dropped your bag before you caught the cup before the cup could hit your face. You threw it over your shoulder behind you before you leaned closer to grip her at her collar. Her breath hitched before you stared her in the eyes. "Lizzy, is it?" you breathed out and you said her name so cold, she shuddered. "Y-You.." she croaked out softly until you hear another guy's voice, "Jin Sae!"

You felt someone pulling you away from her and you turned to see it was L.Joe. "Stay out of this." you snapped at him and Lizzy turned to look at L.Joe. "Byungie! Will you stop hanging out with this wrench?" you clenched your fists and you wanted to just give her a black eye here and now. "P-Please don't fight." Lizzy's friend croaked out softly and you saw her in her eyes that she was one of those innocent people following around big bullies like Lizzy. You couldn't punch Lizzy in the face when someone spoke up behind Lizzy and her friend. "Do that to her again. I'd like to see." From the corner of your eye you could see CL getting up from her seat but you signaled her not to come. The last thing you'd want is CL to be here with you. You didn't want to bring any hate towards CL because she's going to need the support for her upcoming talent search.

"Who the hell ar-" Lizzy's voice trailled off when she gulped at the person standing behind her. "Or I could just report you now and bring you to the teacher's office where someone might get in serious trouble." Lizzy kept quiet and her friend bowed to apologize on her behalf before she pulled Lizzy away. "Don't apologize to me. Apologize to her." Minho said as her friend turned to face you and before she could apologize on Lizzy's behalf, you scoffed. "Save it. I don't need it."

Narrator.
Lizzy's friend quickly tried to pull Lizzy away but she couldn't when Lizzy was too busy staring at L.Joe. "Honey! Why do you keep looking at another girl?!" she raised her voice and whined at the same time but L.Joe couldn't say anything. He shared a relationship with Lizzy once but it only lasted for three months tops. He broke up with her the moment Jin Sae came. Minho walked and he brush past L.Joe's arm as he was the one who spoke up behind Lizzy. Luhan walked half way towards Jin Sae when he saw her fell down but he stopped walking the moment Minho came into the picture. Luhan scoffed and from there he walked out of the cafeteria using the other way, mumbling softly, "I wasn't going to help you anyway." Leaving his friends to be dumbfounded by the table. "What's up with him?" Xiumin asked and Kris shrugged his shoulders.

"PMS maybe." Kris said as the rest of EXO-M watched what was going down attentively. They would've got up to help but they decided not to when Minho seemed to be doing a good job.

"Are you just going to keep quiet?" Minho asked as he looked at L.Joe who could only look away. Minho picked up Jin Sae's bag before he reached for her hand. "Let's get you cleaned up." Minho said as he pulled her out of the cafeteria. He opened the door to let Jin Sae out and he told her to stay there as he went back in. He was having Jin Sae's bag over his shoulder when he walked up to L.Joe and Lizzy along with her friend. "Hurt her one more time and I won't let you off." he warned Lizzy who could only timidly nod her head. "And you," Minho pointed at L.Joe who could only glare at him. "Don't come near her. The last thing I want to see is you around her with your little girlfriend." Minho was going to walk away from them but he stopped at Lizzy's friend. Her name was Sulli. "Sulli, you should stay away from people like her. She's just going to bring you down with her." Minho said before he walked away. He knew Sulli as a child and he knew that she wasn't one of those people.

When Minho got out of the cafeteria, he reached for her hand to pull her towards the bathroom but she wouldn't move. "C'mon, you're going to shiver to death if you carry on like this." Minho said as he tried to pull her again but she wouldn't move. "Jin Sae what-"

"Thank you."