Keeping A Secret.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 15th of May 2013.

Chapter 3 : Keeping A Secret.
“He said he'd keep this a secret. Don't worry." He assured her as she still felt insecure.


Luhan.
“You have to be nice to her though. She’s President Han’s daughter.” Kris said as everyone nearly choked on their water. “What?!” They shouted as Kris was the only one who closed his ears. My eyes widened as I let go of my water bottle to grip onto Kris’s collar. “That man is her father?!” Kris pushed me off before he hissed. “Were you guys just playing dumb when he told you that?! From what I remember, I heard you guys responding when he said she was his daughter so why are you guys acting as if you never heard it?!” Kris raised his voice as everyone kept quiet. “W-Well we were too much of relieved when he said she wasn’t his wife and everything he said after that was pretty blur for us.” Tao admitted sheepishly as he rubbed the back his neck.

“Nothing we can do about it man. If she’s related to him, it’s just another reason more to be nice to her.” Xiumin said as Lay nodded his head. “But she’s nice. Considering how she left a good impression.” Lay grinned before I smacked him at his head. “Her? Nice? Don’t hope for a miracle.” The door opened and President Han came back with a file in his hands. All of us wanted to get up but he gestured us to sit back down. “I’m just here to give you guys another contract.”

“C-Contract?” Everyone bobbed their heads forward a little as he kneeled down on the ground. “This here is a contract for you boys to sign.” He handed me one of the contract as I looked at it. “In this contract, none of you are allowed to reveal J.S.’s identity when she reveals herself to you. She wanted to keep this a secret but since she’s attending your university she-“

“She’s attending our university?” I blurted out as Kris smacked my head. “What?! It’s just a question!” President Han chuckled before rubbing my head. “Yeah, she is. And none of you can reveal she’s my daughter either. No one else apart from you boys know about it. Well and Miss Park down the hall and her group of friends but other than that, no one else knows. Can I trust you boys?” he smiled at us as most of us agreed except for me. “What if I reveal her identity?” I asked out of curiosity. He let out a soft sigh before leaning in closer to me. “I recommend you don’t unless you want your career to fly out of the window.” I gulped and Kris came to sling an arm over my shoulder. “P-President Han we’ll never do that. We won’t reveal her identity. Your secret is safe with us and we’ll do our best to work hard.”

“S-Sorry..President Han.” I apologized as he smiled before nodding his head. “Sign this now and we’re good to go. This is just something for you boys to note down that you keep your word.” He handed us pens and soon everyone signed their contracts but me. I just held onto the pen as I stared at the terms and conditions. All I had in my mind was she’s going to the university we’re going too? Then it shouldn’t be that hard to find her. Why wait until next week? Maybe I can figure out who she is without her revealing to me. By then I wouldn’t really need to count on this contract if I find out myself, right? “Hey kiddo, are you going to sign that?” President Han tapped on my head as I looked up at him. He breathed out before placing his hands on my shoulders. “Look, Luhan. I know you’re a smart boy. And you can get a little bit snappy. But you have a good heart.” I gulped as he went on.

“I’m not here to take away your soul or anything. This is just like a promise from you boys to me that you’ll keep my daughter’s identity safe. If her friends can do it, why not you?” he asked as I looked down on the contract. “Well maybe her friends are girls. Girls are good at keeping promises like these.” I looked back up at him and he shook his head. “They’re all guys.” He grinned before my eyes widened. “I’m sure once you get to know her, she’s not that bad.”

“If I sign this, will you give me a schedule of her classes?” I asked as he chuckled. “Why do you need it for?” I shrugged my shoulders and he gave a nod. “I don’t see why that would be a proble-“ his voice trailed off the moment I signed the contract.

Han Jin Sae.
“So, what did your father ask you to do?” Sehun asked as the two of you head to the park nearby the café. You groaned before taking a seat on the park bench. “He told me to write a song for EXO-M.” you leaned your head on his shoulder and he put his arms around you before chuckling. “What’s so bad about that?” he asked as you lifted your head for a moment to glare at him. “What’s so bad about that?” you asked before resting your head on his shoulder again. “Are they really that bad?” he asked as you shook your head. “Then..?”

“There’s an in that group.”

“Name?”

“Luhan.”

“Wow.” Was all he said as his grip around you tightened. “Well forget about everything and just enjoy your day today, alright? You deserve this.” He rubbed the sides of your arms before you hugged him back. “Thank you, Sehun.” You could feel him chuckling before a kiss was planted on your forehead. “Don’t worry about it. Let’s head back to the café, hmm?” he suggested but you wouldn’t budge. “Hey, we have to go now. The guys might worry of what happened to the both of us.” He tried to push you up but you wouldn’t move. “Can’t we just stay here a little while longer?” you asked as he gave into you easily. He nodded his head before resting his head on yours. “Alright.”

“Someone’s looking hot tonight!” Kai whistled as you got in the van. “Oh shut up.” You groaned as you sat beside him in the van. Sehun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were sitting at the back row. You and Kai in the middle while Suho was driving with Baekhyun sitting beside Suho in the passenger’s seat. “Where should we go for Jin Sae’s birthday?” Suho asked as everyone took a while to think. Everyone’s thoughts were disturbed the moment a growl came from Baekhyun’s stomach. “How about we get some dinner first?” you suggested as Suho said “Aye aye boss!” he saluted as he drove off. It was already 7.20p.m. All of you arrived at a restaurant. You were wearing a black dress that covered your knees slightly and your hair was laid down covering your bare shoulders.

The dress was bought by Baekhyun and he demanded that you wore it tonight. His taste in clothing was really good, no doubt about that. The seven of you got out of the van as you entered the restaurant. All of you settled down and it wasn’t too long until all of you got to eat. A little while after that, Kai thought it would be great to order wine and alcohol. You weren’t much of a drinker because you couldn’t really handle alcohol. You told them not to drink so much but they’re guys. And well, guys love to drink. Well some of them. Sehun didn’t drink though. He was sitting there beside you as he told you not to drink so much either. You took two shots and that’s it. You felt a little tipsy but you weren’t as bad as the guys around you.

After two hours of watching them drink and confess certain things that were quite hilarious, you managed to drag the boys in the van with the help of Sehun. Man they were definitely heavy and they were wasted. Funny how it’s your birthday but they made it look like it was their birthday celebration. Sehun was in the driver’s seat and you decided that you’d walk back on your own. It wasn’t that far and since you took off your heels, it would be easier. “Are you sure you’ll be safe walking back? How about I drop them off and I come back for you?” he said with a hint of worry but you shook your hand and smiled, showing him that you weren’t drunk or anything.

“I’ll be fine. Really. I’ll call you when I get back.” You waved at him as he still didn’t believe you. You threaten to throw one of your shoes at him and that’s when he knew you were alright. “Goodbye Jin Sae. Happy birthday again. I’ll see you tomorrow!” He smiled as he winded up the window before driving away. The moment he was gone you felt like he took away your soberness with him. You felt like you were going to pass out any minute. It was just two freaking shots yet you felt like you drank two bottles.

The last time you drank was when you were with, just someone special. He was the first person you went out drinking with and he’d carry you home. Ever since then you’d never drink anymore because of the bitter past you would think of over and over again. But tonight you let that thought subside. You dragged yourself to the nearest bench and sat down. Honestly, you couldn’t care less about anything at the moment. You just wanted to go home. “Excuse me,” you hear a guy calling you as you tried to open your eyes to look at who called you. “M-Miss?” his voice stuttered as you felt a poke on your arm. You opened your eyes to see a guy with brown eyes bending down in front of you. He had brown hair and he was well dressed wearing a tuxedo.

“Yeah?” you slurred a little but you tried to collect yourself properly. “Are you alright?” he asked as you nodded your head. “I-I’m fine.” You managed to wave a hand at him but you could see him frown even though your vision was getting blurry. “Where do you live?” He asked as you let out a soft scoff before trying to look at him in the eye. “I don’t know why you should know that.” You said as you tried to push yourself up from the bench. You nearly slipped but you held onto the arm of the bench. “I’ll help you home.” He said as you honestly didn’t know what happened after that because you out right after that.

The moment you opened your eyes, your head pounded and you felt horrible. So this is what it feels like to get wasted even though you only took two shots. You looked around and realized you were in your bedroom. Your phone had plently of messages but even you couldn't reply it at this state. You could’ve sworn you were at the bench but now it was morning. You tried to get off the bed but you ended up on the floor, letting out a grunt.

Narrator.
Her father came into the room right after he heard her grunt. He chuckled as he helped her up to get on the bed again. “Ah..” she hissed as she pressed the sides of her head. “Hurts, doesn’t it?” he chuckled as he tried to massage her shoulders but it was no use. “What is this?” she questioned as her father stopped massaging her shoulders to crouch down in front of her. “My dear, this is what happens when you get wasted.” He chuckled before she asked him what happened last night.

After a while of persuading her, she finally agreed to let him take her home. When they reached in front of her apartment, he knocked on the door with one hand as he tried to balance her in his arms. “Finally, I thought you wer-“ her father’s voice trailed off the moment the door opened. “Oh, President Han.” He tried to bow but he couldn’t. “Y-You, what are you..” he was lost for words as he was he last person he would expect to bring is daughter back home. He was expecting Sehun or Kyungsoo.

 “I saw her by the sidewalk on the bench. She seemed pretty wasted so, I just..” he muttered softly as her father opened the door for him to come in. “C-Come in, come in.” he gestured as he leaded him to Jin Sae’s room. He laid Jin Sae on the bed before bowing at Jin Sae’s father. He pulled the boy to sit beside him on the couch to ask him what happened. “Minho, thank you for bringing my daughter back home.” He thanked him as Minho smiled. “It was nothing.” He rubbed the back of his neck as his cheeks were blushing. “Why are you blushing? Oh my. Did my daughter do something?” Jin Sae’s father asked as he scooted closer towards him. “S-She, sort of..kissed me.”

Her father chuckled before shaking his head. “I’m sorry for her behavior. She’s never gotten drunk before. It’s her birthday today.” Minho let out a soft “Ah..I-I didn’t know you have a daughter.” before nodding his head. “It’s sort of like a secret. She doesn’t want anyone to know. By the way,” Mr.Han said as he looked at Minho dressed in a tuxedo. “What are you doing dressed up so nice for? Were you at a function?” he asked as Minho bit his lower lip. “S-Something like that.” Mr.Han smiled before giving him one last pat on the shoulder. “Thank you so much again. Do you mind keeping this as a secret? No one knows that she’s my daughter and you know how things will turn out if someone finds out she’s my daughter.”

Minho nodded his head before linking his pinky with Mr.Han’s. “Don’t worry President.Han. Your secret is safe with me.” He smiled before Mr.Han let out a relieved sigh. Minho was really noble and he was pretty loyal. He was somewhat Mr.Han’s favorite in SHINee. He knew he could trust Minho. “Thank you, and sorry for the trouble.”

“It was no trouble at all President Han. Really.” He assured him as Mr.Han nodded his head. “Head home, you have practice tomorrow.”
“Wait,” Minho called out before he stepped out of the house. “W-What’s her name?” he asked as Mr.Han chuckled. “Her name is Jin Sae.”

Her eyes widened and she flopped herself down on the bed the moment she realized what she did to the boy whose name she couldn’t even remember. “I kissed him?!” She shouted as her father could only laugh. He found this really amusing and it's been a long time since he's seen her react this way. He wasn't going to lie, he missed her. “It’s not that bad or anything you know. He’s a pretty decent guy.”

“Dad.” She called him out sternly as she sat up on the bed. “I kissed a guy, who I don’t even know, who carried me home!” she lied down flat on the bed as she took a pillow to put it over her face. “And now I feel like a dirty .” He chuckled as she suddenly shot up, causing him to jerk backwards. “Dad, you said he was one of the people signed under Han Records, what if he-“

“He said he’d keep this a secret. Don’t worry.” He assured her as she still felt insecure. “What’s his name again?” She asked as her father smiled before leaving her room. “Dad! What’s his name?” She shouted from her bedroom as he came back with a poster of SHINee. He pointed at the boy with brown hair and eyes standing in the middle. “This one’s Minho.”

Han Jin Sae.
“I’m skipping work today.” You said as you got up. “Why?” he questioned but you didn’t answer him. You went straight to the bathroom to wash up. After 30 minutes you were at the Han Records building. You headed straight for Miss Park’s table and she was glad to see you. “You’re wearing the necklace I got you!” She beamed as she hugged you. “Uh, yeah I am. Look, listen. I-“

“Hey it’s you.” You hear a voice calling you as you turned around. Your eyes widened as Miss Park pulled away from you. “W-Who are you?” you asked as he smiled before taking a step closer. You weren’t wearing a disguise or anything. You came here as yourself, Jin Sae not J.S. “You’re Jin Sae?” he smiled as you nodded your head. “I need to talk to you.” You glanced back at Miss Park and she gestured you to go. You reached for his hand and dragged him to a storeroom down the hall. You pushed him in and closed the door before switching the lights on. You breathed out before looking up at him. The storeroom wasn’t really big but it was big enough to fit two people.

“I apologize for my behavior last night.” All you saw was him smiling. He didn’t frown, and he definitely looked different. He had brown hair, brown eyes. He definitely looked like a model that just jumped out of the magazine. “Its alright.” He chuckled before attempting to offer a handshake between the two of you. “I’m Minho.” He grinned as you hesitated to reach for his hand but he grabbed your hand to shake it. “And if I’m not mistaken, you’re Jin Sae?” he tilted his head sideways to look at your eyes. He doesn’t know I’m J.S. You bit your lower lip before looking up. Nodding your head, you pulled your hand back.

“I’m also sorry for..” you played with your fingers as you could actually remember how you kissed him. You were almost about to fall, when he caught you in his arms. Without hesitation you leaned in to press your lips against his after staring into his eyes for a short period of time. What made you blush a little bit more was he was kissing you back. “..making my lips coming in contact with yours. I..just don’t know what the hell happened to me and.. I apologize.” You gulped as you tried to read his expression but it was unreadable. Out of nowhere a smile crept onto his face. “I should probably thank you.” He pointed at your face before you gulped. “W-What the heck?” you blurted out as you opened the door to get out but you bumped into someone thus falling down onto the ground.

“What the hell is with people bumping into me?” you hear a familiar voice grunting as you looked up to look at a horribly familiar looking face. “L-Luhan?” you croaked out softly as he looked down on you. He had a glare in his eyes but just like that his glare disappeared. “And you are?” he raised an eyebrow before Minho came to help you up. “Need a hand?” he asked as he lingered a hand in front of you but you pushed yourself up before you distant yourself away from the two who stood beside each other. You didn’t know which one you should avoid more. A boy who bumped into you, leaving you a bad impression of him and he doesn’t even know who you really were. Or a boy who you kissed by accident out of your conscious and he doesn’t even know what’s your identity in this company.