"I'm sorry."

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 17th of June 2013.

Chapter 22 : "I'm sorry."

"There's no one else I'd rather partner up with, alright?"


Narrator.
She ran as fast as she could and just as she reached the fountain, panting. Behind her Luhan was panting quietly as he stood a distance from her. She walked towards the fountain as if she was looking for something and she frowned when she realized he wasn't there anymore. Luhan took a step closer but he backed away when he saw someone familiar. "I thought you'd never come." L.Joe breathed out when he saw her. She gulped as she held a hand up. "How long have you been waiting?" she asked and he chuckled dryly. "Since 11.30a.m." he muttered softly and her eyes widened. "So you skipped your classes?" she raised an eyebrow and he laughed. "Well it's not the only class I'll be skipping."

She gulped as she put her hand down. "W-What do you mean?" she asked and he placed his hands on her shoulders. "I have a favour to ask you." he asked softly and she looked away. "What favour?"

"Promise you'll agree to it first?" he asked and she scoffed. "No." she answered coldly and he squeezed her shoulders a little. "Please? I won't ask for anything else." she turned to look at him and her heart skipped a beat when she saw the sincerity in his eyes. "F-Fine, what is i-" she couldn't finish saying her words when he leaned in to press his lips against hers. Luhan's eyes widened as he stumbled backwards until he fell to the ground. Luhan grunted and he placed a hand over his mouth to sigh in relief when the two people from a distance didn't notice his presence. Luhan pulled his hand away as he got up to turn away. "She was with him the whole time?" Luhan muttered softly as he hissed. "I could've sworn she said she broke up with him already." He whispered to himself and he glanced back to where the two were still kissing.

Her eyes widened but she slowly closed them and allowed him to kiss her. His heart ached even more the fact when he couldn't stay strong enough not to cry. Her eyes fluttered open to notice the tears streaming down his face. He pulled away as he sighed softly before she gulped and asked, "Why are you crying?" he opened his eyes and smiled bitterly at her. He pulled her hand out to place a letter before he leaned his forehead against hers again. "I'm leaving." he breathed out and she furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I'm leaving Seoul tonight. I got accepted in a university in the States." he explained as she breathed out softly. "I won't bother you anymore. Please, keep this." he whispered as he gazed down at the letter on her hands. She nodded her head and he pulled away from her. "Goodbye, Jin Sae." he wanted to say so much more but he knew he should not say anything else. He took a step back and nodded his head slowly before the tears streamed down. "Goodbye." he whispered as he turned around and he ran as fast as he could away from her. Because if he didn't, he knew he would not let her go anymore. "Goodbye, Byung-Hun." she whispered as she gripped onto the letter. She looked down on the letter and her eyes widened at the time. Even though a tear was running down her cheek, she wiped it away when she realized she was late.

Han Jin Sae.
"Holy crap, which class was it?" you hissed when you entered the university. After putting the letter in your bag you ran as fast as you could to get to your next class but you couldn't find it. When you ran down the halls, sounds of a door opening behind you could be heard. "HEY!" a guy shouted and you stopped to turn around. "Get in here, you're Han Jin Sae right?" the teacher asked and you nodded your head. "I believe you're lost. Your class is here, get in here." he gestured you and you nodded your head before making your way towards him When you reached in front of him, you expected him to bombard you with questions but he smiled at you. "I'm Mr.Park, your Vocal Music teacher." he said as he shook your hand.

When you got into the class, you could see Luhan smirking at you when you made your way towards him. "Looks like you kept your word." he smiled at you pushed his face away. "Yeah, save it. I'm only sitting with you this once." you muttered at him and the teacher clapped his hands to grab everyone's attention. You glanced at CL in the corner of the room and she smiled at you. She was sitting beside a guy who looked a little familiar. Like you've seen him before but you couldn't tell where you've seen him. You shrugged it off and face front. "Alright class! Take a good look at the person beside you now! Do it!" Mr.Park exclaimed as you groaned. This room wasn't exactly big, there were like, 30 people in this room and each of them were paired up to one another.

You turned to look at Luhan and he smirked at you. "Enjoying the view?"

"More like dreading." you snapped at him and he playfully slapped your cheek. You faced front and Mr.Park smiled at you. "Alright, alright. Fun's over and here's the real thing. These are your permenant partners for the whole year." your eyes widened as you turned to look at Luhan. He didn't even look surprised, he looked rather calm. "Dude." you smacked his arm as you hissed. "Shh, he's not done talking." Luhan said as he placed a finger on your lips before turning your head to face front. Everyone was chattering with one another as they were talking happily with their partners. "Calm down, calm down. I'm giving you all five minutes to go around and change places to sit with the ones you want if you'd like. Once your five minutes are up, your partners are permanent. Go ahead and do it now." Mr.Park said as he left the room.

"Don't change seats." Luhan said and you turned to look at him. "Why not? I don't want you as my partner." you muttered softly and he sighed. "But,"

"But what?"

"I.."

"Luhan."

"Would you give me a minute to think of what I want to say?!" he raised his voice, catching the attention of everyone in the class. "Sorry, he's on his period." you announced and everyone laughed before continuing to talk again. "Just, give me a while to think." Luhan said as you huffed and stayed put on the chair. You kept glancing at CL but she was busy talking to the boy beside her. He seems to be interested in her and it was so obvious. You looked down on your watch and the five minutes Mr.Park gave was almost up. "Look if you're not going to tell me, I'm switching part-"

"There's no one else I'd rather partner up with, alright?" he blurted out as he held onto your hand before you could get up. "Now sit down and just be my partner." he muttered softly as he pulled his hand back. You turned to look at CL and she was talking to the guy beside her as she glanced to look at you. "You have a partner?" you mouthed the words at her and the boy beside her held onto her hand. Her eyes widened and you could tell that probably, that's the guy she likes. She looks charismatic on stage but down here, she's so down to earth and humble. She gulped before looking back at you. "Don't worry, I have a partner too." you mouthed the words at her and her eyes brightened. "Really?!" you could hear her faint squeals across the room and you nodded your head.

"Are you sure about being with Luhan?" she mouthed the words, this time looking more worried. You looked behind you to see Luhan just writing something down in his notebook. You huffed and faced her again, "Yeah, being with him isn't that bad." you shrugged your shoulders and the door opened, revealing Mr.Park. "Alright kids, your five minutes are up. Forever shall you remain with the person beside you until the end of the year."

"Your first assignment for the month is getting to know your partner and writing a song about him slash her. Yes, you all have to do this. I don't care if it's a song with just four lines, as long as you can sing it for at least five seconds, that's all good. But, your partner has to approve the song you perform when the time comes. If not then," he laughed before he went on. "You have to perform over and over until your partner approves. That's all for today's lesson, now get out." Mr.Park said as you furrowed your eyebrows. "What?" you blurted out and Mr.Park laughed but his smile fell. "I mean it, get out. Class is over." was all Mr.Park said before he left. Luhan nudged you by your arm and you looked at him. "This is it?" you raised your eyebrow and he nodded his head. "This is usually how the classes are for now. Usually by next week he'll probably stay in longer for two hours or more. He doens't do much in the beginning of the year." he explained as you got up.

"I should change classes then. This is a waste of time." you muttered under your breath but you felt a tight grip on your wrist. You turned around to look at Luhan as he was still holding onto your wrist. "If you change classes then who would be my partner?" you pulled your hand back and scoffed. "Look around hotshot, there's so many girls in here I bet would die to partner up with you."

"Pft, but I want you.." he muttered softly he thought you couldn't hear but you did.

"I'm sorry, what?" you asked as he cleared his throat. "I..I want you as my partner, alright?"

"Sorry, what?" you raised your voice with a hand beside your ear. "I just want you as my partner! Alright?!" he shouted and everyone turned to look at him. You hear him hiss and that's when you laugh. "Alright, that was more than just entertaining." you continued to laugh as you tapped him on the cheek before you walked out of the room. As you walk down the halls you could feel Luhan following behind you but you walked it off as you walked towards CL's locker. "CL!" you called her out and she turned to look at you. "Hey!" She waved and you walked towards her until you stopped beside her. "So, whose the guy beside you?"

"He is-"

"I'm Kwon Jiyong." another guy's voice answered on the other side of CL's locker and you leaned forward to see how he looks like but you leaned back when he came to stand in front of you. "I'm her partner, sorry I had to take her away from you." he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly before you smiled. "It's alright."

"So, what do you do?"

"What do you mean what do I do?"

He laughed softly before he looked up to meet your eyes. You could tell he was somewhat similiar to CL in a way. "I mean, do you rap or sing?"

"I'm more to singing than rapping but I bet if I sang the whole university would collapse." you muttered under your breath. "Please, you have an amazing voice." you hear Luhan speaking behind you and you turned around to roll your eyes at him. "We all should hang out sometime. You, me, CL and Luhan."

"No.","Sure." You and Luhan chorused at the same time. Seems like you were the one saying 'no' while he was the one agreeing. "You two are funny, are you two dating?" Jiyong asked as you turned to look at Luhan. "Dating?"

"Her?" Luhan pointed at you and the two of you looked away from one another. "They're not dating, Jiyong." CL said as Jiyong chuckled. "Ah, well then. C'mon CL, you promised you'd go out with me now. Let's go!" You gave CL a look and she came closer to hug you. "I'll tell you all about it later."

"Knock yourselves out." you whispered and she pulled away. "Aye aye captian!" after that Jiyong took her hand and pulled her away. They both had the sweetest eye smile and you swore they should just get married even though you just met Jiyong. "So," a guy cleared his throat and you realized Luhan was still there. "What?" you said as you turned around. He gulped and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Do..uh..do you want to-"

"Miss Han," Mrs.Jin said as she walked by. You turned around to widen your eyes at her. "Y-Yeah?" you stuttered and she smiled at you. "I hope you're getting started on your report." she said as she walked away. "Oh God." you breathed out as you turned to look at Luhan. "Look, I've got to run, literally." you said as you brush past him to run towards the library when you realized that maybe you should get a head start on your report.

Narrator.
"HEY! Where the hell are you going now?!" Luhan shouted down the hall but she wouldn't reply him. She kept on running and he huffed as he leaned against the lockers. "She has got to stop running away from me without telling me where she's going."

"Who are you talking about?" Xiumin asked as he came to lean on the locker beside Luhan. "Ji-No one." Luhan covered up when he turned to realized it was Xiumin beside him. "Oh c'mon. Fine, be that way. I won't tell you where she's going then."

Luhan gripped onto Xiumin's collar as he shook him a little. "You know where Jin Sae is going?"

"So it's Jin Sae, huh?" Xiumin chuckled and Luhan pushed him off. "You good for nothing baozi." Luhan cursed as he walked away from Xiumin to walk towards where Jin Sae ran to.