I Dare You.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 19th of July 2013.

Chapter 37 : I Dare You.
"Take up this dare then."
"What dare?"
"I dare you to kiss me."
 


Han Jin Sae.
A few days gone by yet it was still a little awkward between the two of you. Sure it was clear now that the two of you liked one another. CL along with the rest of 2NE1 knew, the rest of EXO-M knew along with SHINee. Even though the two of you liked one another, it wasn't exactly official because he didn't ask for you to be his girlfriend. You could also tell he wants to ask, but he just doesn't know how. You opened your eyes only to realize it was a Saturday. There was a note on your forehead and you pulled it off to read it with your sight still blurry.

'I've never told you and I know that you don't know about this but today is the performance night of the 'Seoul University Talent Search'. All classes are cancelled today since it's the final round tonight! You better be there! Your little boyfriend could accompany you. ^^ - CL'

You groaned as you crushed the paper. "He's not my boyfriend!" you whined a little by yourself before you tossed the paper to God knows where. "..yet." A voice spoke up and you lifted your head up to see who was by the door. Yunho gave a little salute before your eyes widened. "Y-Yun-O?"

"Long time no see." he smirked as he entered the room but another guy came in too. "Minnie?" Your eyes widened as you sat up on the bed. "Heyyo kiddo." Changmin grinned as he came into the room as he shut the door behind him. "How the two of yo-"

"It's alright, we've got things covered with Minho's help. You're going out with us for the whole day." Yunho assured you as you sighed. "But still, what are the two of you doing here?"

"We're here to visit you before we leave."

Your eyes widened as you shot up from your bed but Yunho came to push you until you sat down on the bed with your feet on the ground. "Leave?"

"Yeah," Changmin nodded his head as he sat down beside you. "We're leaving to Japan for our comeback there and soon we'll be leaving for a world tour." You scrunched your nose a little before Yunho put an arm around your shoulder. "Don't be like that." He said as he rubbed the side of your arm. "We'll definitely remember you."

"Tch, yeah right."

"Besides, we're sure someone will forget us now that she has a boyfriend."

"I don't have a boyfriend." you muttered softly before Yunho scoffed. "Oh yeah?" He got up and picked up the piece of paper before he started to read out the last part of the note you crushed a moment ago. "Fine!" you frailed your hands in the air before you rolled your eyes at them. "What do the two of you want now? A cookie?" Changmin and Yunho let out a hearty laugh before the two of them hugged you tight. "We'll definitely miss you." Changmin whispered before you returned the small group hug. Just then there was a knock on the door and you pushed away the two people clinging on you a moment ago. "How rude of you to just break the hug." Changmin scoffed and you showed your tongue at him. "There's someone at the door, you emotional piece of walnut."

"Well, who could be more important than us?" Yunho said and you shook your head. You walked up to the door and opened it, only to reveal Luhan by the doorstep with his lips parted when he saw your face. The way your bed hair was slightly messy but it made you look adorable. Your sleeping clothes were just something really plain but somehow, it looked good on you. He cleared his throat when he noticed his seniors were in your room. "A-Am I bothering anything?" He asked and you shook your head. "No, why?"

"Considering you have no classes today-"

"Don't think about it, kid." Yunho said as he came to sling an arm over your shoulder. Your eyes widened a little but you didn't show any signs of that. "W-Who said anything about taking her out?" Luhan covered it up before Yunho moved his arm away from your shoulder. "I didn't say anything about you taking her out." Yunho smirked when Luhan's cheeks were painted with a slight sheet of pink. "Ah, whatever. I'll see you later." Luhan said as he waved a hand before he quickly walked away down the halls until his figure was gone. "Your boyfriend is cute." Changmin commented and you turned around to throw some exercise book by the table beside you at him. "He's not my boyfriend!"

"So, they left to Japan already?" Luhan asked as you nodded your head. The two of you were currently sitting down on the front row of the auditorium waiting for CL's performance after you bid goodbye to Changmin and Yunho. "When it's my turn to sing later, pay attention, got it?" he whispered when the curtains opened and you furrowed your eyebrows before you turned to look at him. "Why?"

"Just pay attention to it."

You clicked your tongue before you looked away from him. "Fine." you muttered softly but then you felt warmth on your palm that was resting on your thigh. You lifted your chin only to see it was Luhan holding onto your hand. You turned to look at him and he didn't look at you as he faced forward, anticipating the performances. "Your hand is cold, idiot." he muttered softly and you managed to smile a little before facing front, waiting for CL to come out with 2NE1.

When it was CL's turn, you wanted to clap your hands but then Luhan gripped tightly onto your hand. It was like he read your mind when he let go of your hand so you could clap your hands for her as you cheered softly. His gaze softened when he saw how much you really cared for her. He decided not to hold your hand when he noticed that it would probably be the best until her performance ended. The whole time she was singing, it was like you were into her performance. Why wasn't she signed? If she doesn't win this competition and get signed under your father's company, you would do something about it.

The title of the song CL was singing was 'I Love You' and it was this slow R&B song that could quickly change into song parts with a rap along with a good beat but have a good chorus to portray the emotions in the song. When she was done, you clapped your hands and cheered but yours was easily muted by everyone cheering in the room. It was clear that their performance was no doubt amazing and could win the hearts easily along with the judges. Not to mention, your father was one of the judges here. If he doesn't see the talent in these girls, no one else can.

When their performance ended, Jiyong ran up the stage to hand her a rose as he knelt down onto the ground. The crowd went insane with their cheers and they chanted and demanded for them to kiss. Jiyong gave a quick peck on CL's lips once she took the rose from his hands. Luhan saw the way your eyes were locked onto the stage with the whole scenario and he gulped before he leaned in closer to whisper "I'll be back." Into your ears before he shot up and walked away.

It was 8.32p.m. and you still couldn't see CL or Luhan anywhere. You remained seated in your seat as you were this close to calling Luhan. You could understand why CL should be busy because she's backstage with everything. Sitting down there, you had nothing to do other than just look around and let your eyes wander. You didn't bring anyone with you apart from Luhan. Sehun was busy with everything along with EXO-K. Minho was accompanying Sulli and well, you don't mix in that much with SHINee. EXO-M was nowhere to be found so you just sat there.

Just then cheers and soars came from the girls in the crowd and you lifted your chin to see who was on the stage. Luhan gave a soft smile at you before your eyes widened. Your lips parted but you couldn't say anything. He gripped onto his guitar before he smiled a little again. "I'm not participating in this contest but, I would like to have my chance to show what a certain girl means to me." Luhan spoke up before everyone's cheers died down. "Hopefully, this will make up for all the crap I've done to this one person and for all the things to come that I will do for just that person. Plus, it's not easy to learn the guitar, you hear me?" You managed to pull a smile as you leaned back on the seat.

It was a good sight to see him just gripping onto the guitar. You could easily remember how he wasn't the type of person to play the guitar but somehow right now under the spotlight, he looked like a pro just holding onto the guitar. It wasn't long before he played a tune and started to sing softly that matched well with the tune he was playing.

"Give me more lovin' than I've ever had,
Make it all better when I'm feelin' sad,
Tell me that I'm special even when I know I'm not.

Make me feel good when I hurt so bad,
Barely gettin' mad, I'm so glad I found you,
I love bein' around you,
You make it easy, it's as easy as 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4.

There's only one thing to do,
Three words for you,
I love you.

There's only one way to say,
Those three words and that's what I'll do, I love you

Give me more lovin' from the very start,
Piece me back together when I fall apart,
Tell me things you never even tell your closest friends.

Make me feel good when I hurt so bad,
Best that I've had, I'm so glad that I found,
I love bein' around you,
You make it easy, it's as easy as 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4.

There's only one thing to do,
Three words for you,
I love you.

There's only one way to say,
Those three words and that's what I'll do, I love you,"

He eyed you before he strummed the guitar one last time. "I love you."

He put the guitar down and everyone cheered loudly but his eyes were still in lock with one specific girl, you. "And let me just take this opportunity to tell the person whom I'm eyeing as well as that person is listening to this right now, I love you." You felt your cheeks burning up as you looked away from him, breaking eye contact from him. The crowd cheered along with a few Aww-s and Ooh-s but there was also a contrast to that. Some girls, assumingly his fan girls were just going insane with a few cries but that didn't bother you. "And let me just say that, this person also very adorable when they blush. Thank you." Luhan finished off as he got down the stage after he smirked when he saw you looking away with that cute look on.

After a few minutes, someone else came on stage to perform and it was Minho. Sure thing, the ladies in the crowd went insane and wild the moment he came on. He gave you a slight smile but you could see this song was clearly for someone else. You tried turning your head around only to see Sulli sitting at the direction Minho was looking at. You smiled before you faced front to see the sincerity in him and see Minho finally being happy. "Tch, I knew you'd fall for her one day or another."

"How was it?" A voice spoke up beside you and you turned your head only to see Luhan sitting beside you again. "How was what?" you asked him and you could hear him scoffing softly. "Oh you know," he turned his head to face you and you did the same again, only to see a smug look on his face. "That song that made you blush like hell."

You gulped before you pushed his face away that somehow seemed so close to yours. "Shut up." you muttered softly as you felt your cheeks burning up again. You had no idea how Luhan could see you blush when it's dark here.

"Oh really? You want me to shut up? Fine." He said as he looked away from you. You bit your lip before you sighed. "Alright," you breathed out before you gazed down to your hands, fidgeting with them as you weren't the kind to compliment people. However, you managed to squeeze out a soft, "It was amazing."

He let out a contended sigh before he reached for your hand again, only this time he laced his fingers with yours. "Of course it was. I just wanted to hear you say that out with that pretty little mouth of yours."

"Conceited much."

"Thank you, thank you very much. But this is the conceited boy you fell for."

"You my friend, need help." you said as you pulled your hand away. "Clearly I do. Help from you I suppose." he whispered softly before he reached for your hand again. "Has it ever occured to you that I don't want to hold your hand?" you said but his grip tightened on your hand. "Nope, because you want to hold my hand as much as I want to hold yours." was all he said that made you shut up, not wanting to argue back anymore.

"You know, if I didn't like you, I would punch you by now."

"Punch me, I dare y-" you didn't hesitate to give him a blow at his jaw with your other free hand. He pulled his hand away from yours before he rubbed his jaw with his mouth gawked open. "Hey! What the hell?!" He hissed softly before you smirked. "You dared me."

"Didn't mean you have to take up the dare."

"But I take up any dare." 

"Take up this dare then."

"What dare?"

"I dare you to kiss me.

A smile spread across his face when he thought you wouldn't do it. "And you said you took up dares." He scoffed softly before he smirked triumphally when he leaned back on his seat. You turned your face to meet his before he did the same when he noticed you were looking at him. His eyes widened when you securely pulled him by his neck to seal his lips with yours. His lips remained frozen and you could tell he was shocked. Shocked that you could kiss him like this in public but it didn't matter that much. In the auditorium it was dark and no one could see.

You pulled away from the kiss before you smirked at him when his eyes were still wide open. You used your thumb to wipe the bottom of his lips. He gulped before you faced front and leaned back on the seat again. "Damn." he cursed lowly as he dragged the word before he tried to just process in what you just did.

"Jin Sae, one. Luhan, zero." You your finger before you drew in the air a number one before you glanced at him and he had a small smile on his face when he saw how playful you were. "I dare you to say yes to the question I'm about to ask you now." Luhan whispered before you turned to look at him. "What?"

"Be my girlfriend." he whispered, almost inaudible but you gulped before you looked away shyly. You felt this feeling your stomach and it felt like a butterfly cavern in there. Just millions of butterflies fluttering around as if they live there. It's been a long while since you felt like this, and it felt.. nice. It feels nice being wanted. "Yes." you whispered softly before you tried looking away from him but you couldn't help but look back at him when he raised a finger to draw a number one in the air two times. "Jin Sae, one. Luhan, one." he smirked before he let his hand fall to his thigh before he reached for your hand for the umpteenth time today.

 

 


Song lyrics used : 1,2,3,4 - Plain White T's.