Han Jin Sae.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 13th of May 2013.
Chapter 1 : Han Jin Sae.

“It’s your birthday, stupid!” They shouted in unison before you cracked a smile.


Well, hello there. I’m not very good with introductions, but I’ll try my best. I’m Han Jin Sae, daughter of Han Jae Jang who is the owner of Han Records here in Seoul. A lot of people don’t know he has a daughter. Hell, they don’t know that he has a wife. Ex-wife, I mean. My mom and dad divorced because my mom.. Well she cheated on my father when he was away in the city but I don’t blame her. Why? She’s been lonely for too long. She needed someone to be there for her and well, I guess another man came into the picture and she demanded for a divorce because my father wasn’t being a loving father to make time for his daughter and wife.

I never had my say in this because I was only ten. What could I say? “Don’t divorce and split up the family.” Was that what I was supposed to say? Somehow I feel like my parents are idiots in love. I know they love each other, but I guess they let other things get in the way of their love. He’s always in the city and he rarely has time for us back here in Chungcheong Province but he’s a great father. Don’t get me wrong, I love that man but sometimes he has his priorities all wrong, you know what I mean? I hope you do, because I don’t really want to explain all that.

Chungcheong Province, it’s very different than in Seoul. In Seoul yes, there are buildings everywhere where people get filthy rich here. Buildings, cars and money here but back in the province, it may not be as well developed as in Seoul but its definitely great there. Of course they had school there and all the facilities there but when you compare Seoul and Chungcheong Province, Seoul has it much better.

Sometimes my dad’s bipolar. One moment he’s happy and before you know it he could be threatening you. I’m his daughter and his decisions are really unbearable sometimes. Like now, he told me he enrolled me into one of the best universities in Seoul. Seoul National University. Are you kidding me? What about mom here in the province? “I don’t care, you’re coming here to further your studies. If you don’t listen to what I say, I’m taking your piano away and you’ll never play again. Don’t think I’m not capable of that. I’ll take away everything else I know you enjoy doing too.” Was what he said to me before I moved to Seoul.

He completely won me over with that. He knows what piano, singing and acting is for me. It’s something I do to let everything out and I’m willing to do it more than anything. Though I can’t possibly leave my mother here alone right? That’s where you’re wrong. With my father, everything is possible. Even if it means leaving my mother behind in the province. I told him I’d attend the university in two conditions, I’ll get to visit her whenever I’m free and he’d allow it no matter what. Two, he’ll let me pursue whatever I want to do after attending this university. It was too easy, he gladly accepted that offer.

So here I am settled in Seoul, ready to sell my soul away into the Seoul National University in just a few days after a few months of staying here. The university where people in the province fantasize about. The university where all the good looking guys and hot girls attend to. Even celebrities too if I heard the gossips right. Think about it, if there are many good comments about this university, there’s bound to be bad and dirty comments that aren’t revealed to the public unless you attend this university. I only have one plan in mind when I come to this university. I’ll attend this university, get all the knowledge I need to know, maybe collect a few friends along the way and that’s it. After this I’m going back to the province to pursue my dreams there. I plan to stay there because I’d prefer to stay with my mother more than anything. My dad, yes I would love for him to come back too but he will never agree to that.

I already have plans planned out for me back in the province. Now just because it's the province doesn’t mean that its that bad. I guess my plan will have to be put on hold.

It’s not all that bad living here. I mean, so happened a group of my friends back in the province who I was close with stayed in Seoul. One of them owned a café there and I work part time there. He wasn’t really into college or university. He skipped right to opening his café. The rest of them work there too. Now that I’m here in Seoul we finally got to meet each other and stay close like how we did back in the province.

I guess this is where my journey begins, let’s see what this university has in hold for me because I know there is bound to be drama.


Han Jin Sae.
You opened your eyes only to close them a short while after opening them. You slammed the alarm clock beside you that was buzzing so loud you thought the whole apartment could hear. This was the place you had to live for the time being before university started. When you start to attend the university, you’ll probably live in the dorms there but for now you’re staying here until you start to attend the university which will be starting in a few days.

After washing up and putting on a simple white T-shirt with the words ‘Okay’ printed across your shirt along with a pair of jeans you walked out of your bedroom. You locked your bedroom with your key because well your room is practically the most valuable place in the apartment. Your keyboard, sheet music along with your ukulele was in there. To others it may seem like it’s nothing but to you it meant everything. Let’s just say they have their special value that even a million dollars couldn’t replace them. Walking into the living room, you spot a note by the dining table. You walked towards the note and lifted it up.

‘Will be at the Han Records building. Come by after your shift of work, I have something important to discuss with you. Have a great day at work sweetheart! :) -Dad’

You smiled and put the note down. Even though he forced you to be here, you were glad in a way. It gave you the chance to be close to him even though you missed your mother back in the province. Can’t have the best of both worlds, right? It’s not to say that your mother couldn’t come to the city here, she insisted on staying there because her whole family is there and let’s just say that the province is everything to her so your father couldn’t really force her to come here. He respected her decision to stay there, even though it leaded to their downfall of their marriage.

“Off to another day of hell.” You muttered as you put on a black jacket along with your bag pack. When you arrived at the café, the owner was already there along who was one of your friend. He smiled at you the moment you entered, because there was a little bell that rang whenever the door opened. “Someone’s here!~” He chimed as you dropped your bag behind the counter. “What’s with you?” You snapped at him as he came to stand in front of you by the counter. “Someone’s having the Monday blues.” He grinned as he rested his elbows on the counter just an arm’s length away from you.

Kyungsoo is his name, or like some people call him D.O. Since his name was Do Kyungsoo, they thought calling him D.O. was pretty cool. You preferred to call him Kyungsoo though. It gave him a warm and nice image look when you called him that. “I’m dropping by that building later.” You muttered as his eyes widened. “Han Records?!” he exclaimed as you put a hand over his mouth. “Shut it fan boy!” you hissed before moving your hand away. Man, Kyungsoo and his feels for the celebrities signed under Han Records.  You know that a lot of famous and successful celebrities were signed under your father’s company but you didn’t really care much about it.

You wrote songs for some of the groups there, but they’ve never seen you before. They’ve only heard of your so-called stage name. Which was ‘J.S’, but that was all they know about you. They don’t even know you were actually their boss’s daughter. That was pretty amusing for you. It’s like you’re living two lives. “If you see EXO-M or TVXQ get their autographs for me!” he exclaimed as he passed you his autograph book. So far he had someone from EXO-M’s autograph because he bumped into him one day. “Put it in the bag. I don’t even know who they are.” You muttered the last part softly before you used your head to point at your bag on the ground. “Thank you!” he chuckled as he dashed towards your bag to put inside his autograph book. “I’ve slotted another one because my sister wants one too.” He grinned before you rolled your eyes at him.

“Come on! You love me right?” he whined as he came to you behind the counter to hug you tight. The little bell rang and both of you looked up to see who came in. It was Kai coming in with Sehun. “Oh god, are you two dating now?” Sehun groaned as he took off his jacket. “It can’t be. Jin Sae would never go for Kyungsoo.” He smirked before putting down a plastic of seven coffee cups. “What?!” Kyungsoo roared as the three of you laughed. The bell rang again and this time three guys came in. “Hey hey hey!” Suho chimed as the other two followed behind him.

“Kyungsoo, get your arms off Jin Sae damn it.” Chanyeol groaned as Kyungsoo only gripped tighter around your waist. “Why? Jealous?” he raised an eyebrow. “Nope, just too much PDA around here.” Baekhyun waved a hand before high fiving Chanyeol. “Are you all crazy? Why are you all so happy today?” you grunted as you pushed Kyungsoo away. “Are you kidding me?” Suho questioned, raising an eyebrow. “W-What?” you gulped as you crossed your arms in front of your chest. “Oh god, she forgot again.” Baekhyun facepalmed himself before the rest shook their heads. “What?!” You raised your voice as all of them gave a look at you.

“It’s your birthday, stupid!” They shouted in unison before you cracked a smile.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine going in by yourself?” Sehun questioned before zipping up your jacket and pulling the hoodie over your head. You nodded your head before he put on the sunglasses for you. “Go on in, remember our meet up tonight okay?” he showed an O.K. sign while he asked you. You nodded your head and he gave you one last hug. It was the end of your shift as it was already 2.30p.m. but Sehun and the rest still had their shifts. Today it was Sehun’s turn to walk you here, which he loved to do because he could talk to you about his problems and vice versa.

“Happy birthday Jin Sae, I love you.” He whispered as you broke the hug. “Love you too.” you chuckled before gesturing him to walk back to the café which was a 20-minute walk back. He nodded his head and turned around to walk away. You and Sehun are not a couple, but he was one of those close friends where you could say ‘I love you’ too and it would only mean mutual love as close friends. You let out a heavy sigh before entering the building.

As you entered, the woman at the counter stopped you from entering the lift. You showed her a gold card with the letters ‘J.S.’ engraved on it. She gulped before apologizing to let you go on your way. You smirked before walking towards the elevator. This card had access to any floors in the building, as well as any rooms in the building. You are the daughter of this damn building anyway. You swiped the card at the elevator scanner and there was a machine with a speaker. “Welcome back J.S.” the voice greeted you and you knew it was your dad’s secretary. “Hey.” you chuckled before the elevator automatically stopped at the floor where your father’s office along with the vocal rooms.

You got off the elevator and you easily spotted the secretary, Park Soo Young. She was in her thirties but she looked completely flawless for her age. Before you could walk towards her, you fell to the ground after bumping into someone. “Damn it.” You hear the voice hiss and it was a voice of a guy. You grunted before pushing yourself up. Your bag was on the ground with your things spread out. You just collected your things and you looked up at him. He had wide eyes, along with blond hair. He had a baby face and he looked completely innocent until he spoke. “Watch where you’re going.”

You scoffed before shaking your head to continue putting everything back into your bag. “You don’t know who I am?” he questioned as though he was surprised you didn’t know who he was. “Ah, you’re one of those cocky celebrities.” You shrugged your shoulders before slinging your bag over your shoulder. “What?” his voice was deep this time and you could tell he was pissed. “I said it, cocky celebrity.” You smirked before brushing past him. He clearly didn’t know who you were. “Yah!” You hear him shout as you head towards the secretary. “Who is that brat down the hall?” you asked Miss Park as she laughed. “He’s in EXO-M, his name is-“ you held a hand up and glanced back at him.

You faced her and shrugged your shoulders before giving her a light hug. “Hey listen to me,” the guy called you out as you broke the hug to turn around. “What?” You said monotonously as he jerked back upon hearing your voice. He wanted to say something but you held a hand up. “I don’t have time for this. You should go back to your group, EXO-M?” you tilted your head as he smirked in satisfaction. “So you do know me.”

“I don’t. I just know your group name. Disappointed?” You rolled your eyes and turned around to enter your father’s office. From there you couldn’t hear anything anymore. The moment you entered his office he dashed towards you to give you a hug. “Happy birthday my angel!” He beamed as he hugged you tight. “Dad, if you hug me any tighter I might actually die on my bir-“ he broke the hug and tapped your head. “Don’t say that on your birthday!” he placed a hand over your mouth while chuckling. You pushed his hand away to give him a proper hug. “Thank you dad.”

“Mmm.. So are you going out with the boys tonight?” he questioned as he broke the hug, placing his hands on your shoulders. You nodded your head as you remembered how you used to celebrate your birthday back in the province. You wondered how it would be like this year. “Oh, what’s with calling me here? Is there something wrong?” you asked as he reached for your hands to lead you to his table. He sat down and you sat opposite him as though you’re his client. “So yes, about this business, I think it’s really important we skip right to shipping the CD’s an-“ your voice trailed off the moment you successfully made your father laugh.

“You silly girl.” He said as his chuckle died off. He breathed out heavily before pulling out some papers from his drawers. “I just thought that since you’re of age, you might want to reveal yourself to your clients and the public-“

“Uh, no thanks. No. No? No! No. And no.” You said each no in a different tone to really show you don’t want to reveal yourself. He chuckled softly before asking why. He respected your decision, but he wants to know why. “Well firstly, I’m going to that university in a week. Imagine all those people who would come after my -“

“Language!”

“Fine! My backside!” you frail your hands in the air as you said that. “All those attention seeking morons-“

“Jin Sae.”

Girls and guys coming after me. Not to mention, if you reveal that I’m your daughter more people would come after me begging to get signed under your company. Is that want you want?”

“Well..-“

“Making my life a laughing stock for you?” you raised an eyebrow as he put aside the papers. “Alright, alright. I get what you mean and I understand completely. But you do know, you can’t hide your identity forever right?” he questioned as you nodded your head. “I know. I didn’t say I won’t reveal it. I just want to wait until my university life is over and I won’t need to go through hell.” You shrugged your shoulders as your father tossed a paper ball at your head which you rubbed your forehead after he did that. “You know, you need to work on your language.”

“What’s wrong with it?” you questioned as he showed you a look. “Alright, I get it.” You said sarcastically as he slid a file across the table to you. “Here’s the group I want you to write a song for again. Maybe a love song this time.” You puffed up your cheeks before reaching for the file. You opened the file and it was a photo of six good looking guys. “They’re EXO-M and-“ you slammed the file on the table as you shot up from your seat to take a good look at the boy who you spoke to a moment ago. “Is there something wrong?” your father’s voice had a hint of worry and you could tell. You placed a finger on the boy’s face and looked up to your father. “Who is this boy?”

“Oh,” your father’s face softened as he chuckled softly. You raised an eyebrow and his smile faded as he cleared his throat. “His name is Luhan.” Your father answered so you wouldn’t glare at him anymore. You clicked your tongue and pulled your finger back to sit back down. “Luhan..” you repeated his name as you took a good look at the rest of the portfolios of the members in EXO-M. You scanned through where they were studying and they were all studying in Seoul National University. “These guys are going to the same university I’m going to?” you questioned as he nodded his head. Somehow, you didn’t feel like writing a song for them anymore. You closed the file and slid it back to your father. “W-Why? You’d usually love to write songs for them-“

“Well that was until I met one of them.” You shrugged your shoulders as your father knew who you were talking about. “You met Luhan?” he tilted his head as you nodded your head. “He’s rude and he thinks he’s so great just because he’s a celebrity. Not to mention he’s blunt and cocky. I don’t do cocky.” You shook your head at your father and he smirked. You let out a heavy sigh before resting your elbows on his table. “What do you have in mind, devil?” you questioned as he leaned closer sliding the file back to you.

“You still want to keep your identity a secret right?” You nodded your head as he continued. “Maybe you can use your identity against him. This whole building knows that you’re an important song writer who’s written songs for every group in this company. Even the famous ones, well all of them are famous. They only know your stage name but they’ve never seen you in person. He can't really recognize you with the hoodie and the sunglasses on. If you told him, face to face that you were the one who wrote their debut song and your song was the reason why they’re here today..” his voice trailed off as you cracked into a smile because you caught on quick to what he’s thinking.

“So you’ll do it?” he questioned as you stood up while taking the file in your hands. “Take me to them.”