Doing The Right Thing.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 27th of July 2013.

Chapter 42 : Doing The Right Thing.
"I just hope I did the right thing."


Han Jin Sae.
As soon as you returned back to the cafeteria, the bell rang again, indicating classes would begin soon. CL passed you your bag before she reminded you about the meeting later. You nodded your head before you headed towards your class with Luhan not in sight. During Math class, you couldn't even focus on anything. All those Math equations seem like nothing and CL could sense your head was filled with thoughts about this while situation already. As if God is trying to test your courage now, the bell had rang. You jerked up in your seat before you realized, it was nearing the time for you to be in the gym room. Without hesitating, you shot up and grabbed your bag and CL followed your cue to follow behind you.

You made your way towards the gym room and CL nodded as she stood outside of the gym doors. Just in case something were to happen to you, CL would be here. It wasn't long until Minho along with Sehun was together with CL outside the doors, waiting to see what would happen. "I'm here! Come out you cowards!" You shouted, leaving echoes to be heard in the whole gym when you entered the gym room and the doors slammed shut behind you. A girl's laugh could be heard from the benches and you turned around to see Lizzy smirking at you as she made her way down towards you. So this really is behind everything. Your eyes darkened when she stood in front of you. "I told you that you'll pay for it." Lizzy whispered before you pushed her off until she was at least three steps away from you. "Cut to the chase. What do you want?"

"Simple." She shrugged her shoulders before she smirked. "Just break up with Luhan."

"You don't even like Luhan."

"Yeah, but he's a good kisser." 

You felt like a knife was stabbed through your heart, but you didn't show it. As much as you're hurting now, you can't let Lizzy have this satisfaction in her. "He doesn't even like you."

"It didn't seem like it when he was kissing me in those photos. You saw it very well." Lizzy narrowed her eyes at you before you clenched your fists. "And what if I don't do what you tell me to?" you asked and she laughed out loud as if this was all so damn hilarious. Her laugh died off when she saw your emotionless face and the moment when you released your fists. There wasn't a sign of anything on your face and you could tell she was a little intimidated. "Well, unless you want to see those pictures of me and Luhan appearing on the front newspaper, I reckon you listen to me well."

"Plus, if you don't listen to me, I'll be sure to add in a very juicy scoop for the news sideline."

You cocked and eyebrow but she went on. "Han Jin Sae, just a normal girl in Seoul University of Arts? More like Han Jin Sae, the daughter of Han Jae Jung, the owner of Han Records. Which would lead to how she could have relations with some of the most popular K-Pop groups known worldwide." Your eyes widened as you clenched your fists again. "What the hel-"

"Don't even try to deny it. I've got it all recorded in your file." Lizzy held up a file that was hidden behind her back before your eyes widened a little bit more. How the hell did she get that? "If you didn't know, I'm actually the headmaster's daughter. No one knows about this. Other than you of course. But you can't do anything now that I have all of this against you." Lizzy smirked before you narrowed your eyes at her. "C'mon, I'm waiting." Lizzy taunted you as she wiggled the file in front of your face. "Make a decision, Han Jin Sae. Which will it be?"

"Will you continue to be with Luhan and watch his image fall perfectly as well as your identity being exposed or will you just end things with him now and everything would be just fine?" Lizzy raised an eyebrow in amusement before you released your fists. "Stop everything, hand me those files and I'll end it all." You took everything in your gut to say that, even though you knew those were the words you never wanted to say. It was almost nearing Luhan's last year in university and you didn't want anything to ruin it. You just couldn't let that happen. And to see EXO-M's and Luhan's image fall down like that, would be another thing you want to avoid. "I trust that you'll do as you say? Because if you don't, I'll take it as you want me to publish-" Lizzy said as she passed you the file along with the photos she had with her.

"I don't back down on my word." You snapped at her before you snatched the file away from her hands.

"You're going to do what?!" Minho shouted as CL placed a hand over Minho's mouth. "Keep it down!" CL hissed before she pulled her hand away from Minho's mouth. Currently, CL, Minho, Sehun and you were in your room just discussing about this whole matter. "We can't let her have her way." Sehun said as you looked at the three of them. "What else can I do? They'll probably have back up copies of this pictures and the least I could do is try to prevent all of this from getting leaked out to the internet or even to the news crew or whatsoever. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Luhan's and EXO-M's image comes first."

"What about your feelings?" Sehun asked before Minho added in. "What about Luhan's feelings?"

"Moreover, what about the two of you?" Sehun continued before you got up and gave them glares. "My decision is final. I'm breaking up with Luhan and there's nothing you all can do about it. You all said you would help me right? Help me. Support me in the decision I'm making because I'm trying to make Luhan's dream stay possible and that is final. Sehun, I'm going to use your name in this so if Luhan comes and punch you, will you allow that?" you asked and Sehun contemplated for a moment until he saw the determination in your eyes. Slowly he nodded his head even though he didn't want to. There was nothing he could say to change your mind and he knew that.

"End of discussion." You said as you stormed out of your room before you slammed the door shut.

"We can't let her do this." Minho said as CL sighed. "She's ending things tonight." CL muttered softly before Sehun sighed. "What else can we do? She has a point. She's doing this for Luhan's career."

"What about her feelings? What about Luhan's feelings?!" Minho raised his voice before Sehun exhaled heavily. "We promised her we'll stick by her though it all so, let's just keep to our word."

"But Se-"

"No more Minho. Just.. no more." Sehun whispered before the three of them let out a heavy sigh.

It was already late at night and you stood by the balcony waiting for Luhan. Arms crept around your waist and you knew it was Luhan. "Hey." he breathed out before you jerked up a little at the sudden touch but then, it didn't matter. This was all going away now. The faster you got over with this, the better it'll be. "Luhan.", "Jin Sae." The two of you called each others name at the same time. You gulped before you turned around after pushing Luhan's arms away. 

Luhan cupped your cheeks before he pressed his forehead against yours. "Are you alright?" Luhan asked and you could hear the worried tone in his voice that he tried to hide so well but today, you could sense everything. You were mentally cursing at him now. He was making things harder for you. What more when now he's finally opening up to you better and he's showing his affections more now? This were getting more and more complicated. It's like your life was a jumble of wires that needed to be untangled. You nodded your head before he lifted your chin to meet your eyes with two fingers. "Don't lie to me. You're not."

You shook your head before you pushed his hands away from your cheek. "Luhan, is that all you have to say?" you said to Luhan before he shook his head as well. He placed his hands on your shoulders before he said, "I have something to tell you."

"Jin Sae, I-"

"Let's end this." you blurted out before his eyes widened and the grip on your shoulders loosened. "What?" his voice was suddenly low but you could hear the shockness in his voice. "J-Jin Sae, stop messing around. This isn't funny."

"I'm not joking."

"Jin Sa-"

"I'm not kidding."

"Han Ji-"

"This isn't a joke!" You shouted at him before you pushed his arms away. "I don't like you and I never did. I thought that maybe my feelings would change if I was with you but I was wrong. This is all wrong. You're the wrong one and I've made a wrong turn. I thought that maybe you could even be the one I hoped you'd be but I was wrong. Who knew that you and L.Joe was so different? When you said Sehun is the one that I want, it's true. He's the one that I want, not you. I thought I could forget about Sehun if I got together with you but I didn't. He's the one I want. I can't do this any longer. From this day on, you and I are over. Do you hear me? We're through. Don't even try to come near me anymore because I won't deal with you anymore." you breathed in heavily before you brush past Luhan to get inside but a hand was placed on the door from behind.

"We're not through." Luhan said coldly before you turned around only to be greeted with Luhan's eyes glaring at you. "What did you say?"

"I said, we're not through!" Luhan raised his voice before he gripped onto the sides of your arms. "I'll change to be the better one for you and I'll be the one that you want! I am the right one for you and you know that. You can't just pretend like those nights we were together felt like nothing. Don't lie to me when you say that we're over because deep down inside I know we're not over." Luhan his lips nervously before he tried to persuade you even further but you pushed him away. That didn't stop him from cupping your cheeks to continue.

"I said listen to me!" he shook your face as you could see the tears forming in his eyes. "I've never felt anything like this with a girl before and I will not let you walk away on me like this! I promised you that I will not give up on you so you should not give up on me too! We'll work things out! We will and we can!" his voice got louder and louder after each word but the moment he stopped talking, a tear rolled down his cheek and you gulped. As much as you wanted to wipe the tear away from his cheek and accepted the fact that maybe you could go through this together but all those thoughts of Luhan's image getting ruined popped into your mind.

He was just a rookie group and if him or his group were to get this much hate or this much controversy, there was a high chance they might lose all their fans. No fans means no love and when there's no love, there's no support. And when there's no support? That's the end of their career as singers. They can kiss that goodbye. They can kiss goodbye years of training and hardwork down the drain. Could you live with that? No. You knew how hard it was to be a singer and what more a rookie group? Its such a heavy burden and Luhan along with EXO-M pulled through to be one of the most successful and popular boy group in today's generation. Everything would be crushed if she decided to be selfish now. "No Luhan. We're over and.. this is goodbye."

You turned around but you felt a tight grip on your wrist as his hand was shaking and you could feel it when he was holding onto your wrist.

"P-Please.." he croaked out as his hand shook even more as each second went by. His grip around your wrist tightened before he pulled you until he was back hugging you now. He arms clutched around your tiny frame as if he was holding on for his life. "D-Don't say it's over. Please.." You could hear him stuttering as well as you knew he was quivering. You felt a drip on your shoulder and you glanced to your shoulder to see it was Luhan's tears.

You pressed your lips together before you let a tear run down you cheek. "No." was all you said as you pushed him with all your strength to dash back in and you headed towards your room. When you were in your room, you slammed the door shut before you leaned your back against the wall as you slide down with a hand placed over your mouth. You shed silent tears but you couldn't help but let out soft whimpers. You felt arms around you and instantly you knew it was CL when you hear her hushing you constantly. "You did this because you're strong Jin Sae. You're a strong girl. Luhan will come to understand why you did this." CL whispered into your ears before you hugged her tight.

"I just hope I did the right thing."