Special Chapter #2.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 10th of August 2013.

Special Chapter #2

Background music :


Narrator.
"Let's redo that line again." Sehun spoke through the microphone and Luhan gave an O.K. sign before the music came on again. He sang the line over and over again but Sehun felt like it wasn't right and it would sound much better if Jin Sae was in it. Jin Sae's voice matched Luhan's voice perfectly. "No, stop. It's all wrong." Sehun sighed as he leaned away from the microphone. "What did I do now?" Luhan asked as he was getting a little bit impatient. He's been doing the same line over and over again but each time after he does it Sehun would say there's something a little off about it. Not the tune, not the vocals, but the feeling. The feelings weren't there. Plus, it's a duet so they should sing together, no? But then again, this was all a little plan.

"Jin Sae, get in there."

Luhan smirked when his plan was working. This was all under his plan with Sehun and since Jin Sae was here, it was sort of a thing between the two boys. At first Sehun wouldn't agree to it but after listening to Luhan's voice singing these lines, he knew it instantly that Jin Sae should do this duet. "What?" Jin Sae blurted out as her eyes widened. "Get in there?"

"Since it's a duet, you should do it with Luhan."

"Yeah, do it with me." Luhan spoke through the microphone in the room where they could see Luhan through the huge glass divider. "Uh, no. We agreed that Sehun would do all the producing and I would tell Luhan which part he should do for the adlibs since 'Na-Hul' is someone very very important."

"C'mon! I said I was sorry!" Luhan raised his voice a little too loud causing the microphone to let out a sound that deafen everyone's ears for a moment. Everyone cringed and Sehun made eye contact with Luhan through the glass when Luhan turned to look at Sehun. "If you want this duet, you'll have to persuade her." Sehun mouthed the words and Luhan gulped before he removed the headphones. "Text me when you've got her to do it." Sehun mouthed the words again before he got up. "I'm going out for a moment. To get some fresh air." Sehun smiled and Jin Sae got up from her chair. "Hey get back here!"

Sehun smirked as he got out of the room and closed the door behind him. She turned around only to see Luhan making his way towards her. She pointed at him before she hissed. "This is all your plan, isn't it?" Luhan smiled before he reached out to hold her finger with his hand before he intertwine his fingers with hers. "C'mon, it's our duet song. We wrote it together."

She pulled her hand away before she rolled her eyes at him. "Nope. The last time I remembered, we both wrote it separately and you just merged them together. There's a difference." Luhan reached for her hand again before he said, "But regardless this is a song filled with our heart and soul. My part is what I feel for you and your part is what you feel for me so indirectly, we wrote this together."

"Indirect and direct. There's also a difference to that."

"You're still mad at me for tricking you, huh?"

"What do you think?" She raised an eyebrow at him before Luhan sighed. "I only did this for us." Luhan mumbled softly and Jin Sae sighed this time. Indeed, his intentions only mean well but only if he knew how many sleepless nights she's had just thinking about meeting this 'Na-Hul' person. "I'm not mad, alright?"

"Then just sing with me. Please?" Luhan tilted his head a little, hoping it would work on her but she shook her head. He let go of her hand before he pouted slightly. "No. Don't you dare use your aegyo on me."

"You know you can't resist me when I do it." Luhan smirked at her as he clenched his fists, ready to place it on his cheeks. He was never fond of using aegyo but he loved the effects it left on Jin Sae. "I swear Luhan, if you do it. I'll give you a slap."

"Try to slap me after I do it."

"Then I'm not looking!" She frailed her hands in the air as she turned around. Before she could walk out, Luhan pulled her by her waist to backhug her. "Jin Sae please. I want to show the world that my girlfriend can sing too." She scoffed before she pushed his hands away to turn around, facing him. "No, I'm not doing it." Luhan sighed before he muttered a soft "Fine." He turned around and walked back into the room as he put the headphones back on. Jin Sae's eyes darted over to the table where there was another copy of the lyrics. She lifted up the paper and a smile crept onto her face as she read the lyrics. She could instantly imagine the tune in her mind and her voice, somehow blending with Luhan's voice to give it a contrast, thus making a perfect harmony. She glanced at Luhan and he said through the microphone, "Don't do it if you don't want to. I don't want to force you." He leaned away from the microphone before he sighed after tearing his gaze away from her.

She gripped onto the papers as she slowly made her way into the room. She stood beside him as the other microphone was two steps away from him and she put on the headphones. Right on cue Sehun came back in and a smile crept onto his face when he saw Jin Sae standing beside Jin Sae but Luhan didn't even notice a thing. Jin Sae placed her index finger on her lips and Sehun gave a nod. Sehun sat back down on the chair before he spoke through the microphone. "Luhan, let's have it again."

"Whatever." He muttered softly even though he knows he would sing with all his heart because this is the song he's been waiting for a long time. Even if Jin Sae wouldn't sing it with him, he wants to give it his all. The moment he sang the first line, Jin Sae made sure her tone would match Luhan's voice to make a contrast but he couldn't hear it. The headphones he had on only allowed him to hear himself along with the backtrack music. Sehun smiled this time as the harmonizations were perfect. It blended well to give a soft, warm feeling. But as soon as the chorus came up, the second half would be Jin Sae's part. He lifted his head up from the microphone as Jin Sae was singing that part but he still didn't sense anything. He looked at Sehun confusingly, wondering why Sehun was still recording but Sehun placed a finger on his lips. The recording was flawless and the last thing he wanted was for Luhan to ruin it by speaking, even though he could easily cut Luhan's voice off.

"Why are you still recording?" Luhan mouthed the words to Sehun who simply pointed at the space beside him as Sehun was focused on Jin Sae's voice. Luhan turned to his left only to widen his eyes when he could see his girlfriend, who didn't want to even sing a moment ago but now she was holding onto the paper to sing with all her heart. Soon it was Luhan's turn to sing harmonization to Jin Sae's voice but he missed it because he was too busy staring at her as well as taking all of this in. Sehun stopped the music before he said, "Let's give it another go again. From the top. With harmonizations this time."

Jin Sae could feel Luhan looking at her so she turned to face him. "What?" She muttered softly and he took his headphones off before he stepped closer towards her. "I thought you said you didn't want to sing?"

"What?" She blurted out again because she couldn't hear him properly. He took her headphones off before he asked softly, "What made you change your mind?"

"Because this is our song. And..." Luhan's eyes widened a little but she went on. "... it's special." Luhan's lips tugged upwards as he put the headphones on her before putting his headphones on again. He gave a quick peck on her lips before he stood in front of the microphone again. "We're ready." Luhan raised two thumbs up and Sehun smiled, knowing this would be a great hit.

After all the recording was done, Luhan had some training left in store for him and Jin Sae had this mini reunion with EXO-K, except some of them couldn't be there today in the cafe. Although Jin Sae still had her fair share of paparazzi following her but considering she was inside her friend's 'closed' cafe, she was safe. Times like these were useful for her disguise. There were only three boys around her by the table, Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo. "Where's Suho, Baekhyun and Chanyeol?" Jin Sae asked softly before Kai snickered a little. "Shut up Kai, shut up." Kyungsoo groaned and Jin Sae was rather interested on what happened.

"Suho went to England to finally live his dreams of becoming a lawyer. His uncle got him into one of the finest universities there and despite his age, they're willing to take him in."

"Then what's with this little bickering between the two of you?" Jin Sae asked and Kai gave a smirk at Kyungsoo. "Ugh I hate you." Kyungsoo muttered before he got up to go into the kitchen so he could whip up some coffees for the four of them. "Kyungsoo got confused with English and England. He thought Suho was in English as he thought English was a country while England was a language." Jin Sae laughed softly before Kyungsoo pouted from the kitchen. "It wasn't my fault alright?! They sound similar! How am I to know which one is the language and which one is the country?!"

"He's such a dork." Jin Sae breathed out and Kyungsoo scrunched his nose. "I heard that!"

"You were supposed to, coffee boy."

"Cold-hearted woman!"

"Says you."

Sehun and Kai were just laughing at the two of them. It would be hard to meet up like this and times like these were golden. If only the rest were her-"Open up!" A few voices spoke from the door outside. "We're clos-!" Jin Sae's voice trailled off when she could see three of her other childhood friends standing outside the door. She shot up to walk towards the door to open the door for them. Instantly the three boys barged in to hug her tight after locking the door behind them. "It's been so long!" Chanyeol chimed as the other two were busy hugging Jin Sae. "I-It'll be longer if you don't let me go...!"

The three boys reluctantly let her go before they laughed. "Sorry, we just missed you a lot." Suho apologized and she tapped Suho's head. "You two, where have you two been?" Jin Sae asked as Chanyeol and Baekhyun grinned. "The two of us were in Paris. Baekhyun managed to open his own fashion line."

"Typical." Jin Sae breathed out and Baekhyun winked at her. "Nonetheless, congratulations." Jin Sae smiled as Baekhyun gave her a nod. "What about this kid?" Jin Sae pointed at Chanyeol who chuckled. "Unemployed." Chanyeol answered and her lips parted. He placed a finger on her lips as he continued, "But now I'm currently working at this cafe opposite Baekhyun's shop."

"T-Then, how can the three of you just take a break from all of this?"

The three simply smiled at her before they brushed past her to take a seat beside Sehun and Kai, who shook hands with them as they all got up to hug one another. "Let's just say, nothing is more important than you guys." Suho said softly before a smile crept on Jin Sae's face. "Now come join the group hug." Sehun spoke up as the five boys were waiting for her to join. The moment Jin Sae joined the hug, Kyungsoo came behind Jin Sae to trap her in. "It's not a group hug without me!"

"Y-You all are killing me!"

"That's fine with us!" Kai chuckled playfully but soon after they released her so that they all could sit down to enjoy the coffee Kyungsoo made. The seven of them just sat in the cafe until it was night as a few of them helped Kyungsoo out to make dinner. It wasn't long until they all had to part ways because Suho, Chanyeol and Baekhyun has a flight to catch.

"Make sure you keep us updated with whatever, alright?" Suho patted Jin Sae's head as she pushed his hand away. "Will do, Suho." She smiled at him before he pulled her in for a hug. "God I'm going to miss you." Suho muttered softly and she hugged him tight. "Make sure you become a badass lawyer, you hear me?"

"Who says I'm not already?" Jin Sae pulled away from the hug only to widen her eyes at him. "W-What?"

Suho smiled at her before he shook his head. "My first case begins next month." Her lips parted before she tried to hug him again. "T-That's great!" He smiled as he hugged her again. "Yeah."

"Our turn!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol chimed as Suho stepped away from her. Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn't hesitate to hug her tight as Chanyeol was on her left while Baekhyun was on her right. "Take care of yourselves, alright?" She breathed out as the two of them nodded their heads, still hugging her. After 30 minutes, that seemed to feel like 5 minutes, Suho, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had left to the airport to catch a flight back to where they needed to be at. It was only 8.30p.m. when Sehun, Kyungsoo, Kai along with Jin Sae were seated in the 'closed' cafe.

"Kyungsoo," Sehun called out and Kyungsoo lifted his chin to look at Sehun. "Yeah?"

"Where are you... going from here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Uhm..."

"What he means is," Jin Sae breathed out as she looked around in the cafe. "Do you have bigger plans ahead from you?"

"Yeah like... A cafe isn't really a big income each month as you are short on workers too." Kai joined in and Kyungsoo smiled softly. "Nope." Kyungsoo shook his head before he looked around in the cafe. Everything was just exactly the way it was. Nothing changed, nothing was renovated but the warmth of his heart put into this cafe was here. That was one of the main reasons why he has so many regular customers here because they couldn't describe the way he would usually pour in so much love into each cup of coffee as well as the dishes he would cook. "This is what I love doing and... This is what I will continue doing for as long as I shall live. This place... is too precious for me to sell it off or start afresh with a new job."

"Then I guess you should make room for one permanent staff." Kai spoke up as Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Kai pulled out a few papers from his jacket only to place it on the table in front of Kyungsoo. It was his resume. "I don't ask for much income per month." Kai smirked and Kyungsoo's lips parted. "W-What about your passion for dancing?"

"It's not worth it if I'm not happy, I mean... Yeah, it does make me smile every now and then but working here with my friend, it makes me happier than that. Plus, you could use an extra pair of hands around here. Considering you've hired and fired so many on the first day already." Kai joked softly and Kyungsoo lifted up Kai's resume before smiling. He wasn't going to lie, having Kai here could actually boost his business up, along with boosting up his mood. "Are you sure about this?" Kyungsoo asked softly and Kai smiled, nodding his head. "I'm more than just sure. I'll start tomorrow."

"Man, the two of you are so cheesy." Sehun breathed out and the four of them simply laughed. It was great to see such friendship all of them shared. Before Jin Sae could have her say in this, her phone started ringing. "I bet it's the boyfriend." Kai smirked at Jin Sae who showed him her tongue. She pulled out her phone and it was the complete opposite. "It's my stepfather."

"What did you do now?" Kyungsoo playfully asked and she threathened to punch him with a fist up in the air. "I didn't do anything." She stated before she answered the call. "Hey dad."

"You know, I'm beginning to wonder if you ever miss me."

She chuckled softly before she shook her head. "Of course I miss you but you're always so busy with everything."

"Come by your father's office in 10 minutes, we have something to give you."

"W-We?" Her eyes widened as she gulped. The last time she remembered, her father and her stepfather were on a business trip and they said they would only come back to visit her in a few months time. "Just come, alright?" Her eyes widened even more when the person who said that wasn't her stepfather, it was her father. Before she could even say anything, the call ended. She pulled her phone away from her ear only to breathe out, "Holy ."

"W-Why? What's wrong?" Sehun asked worriedly and she turned to look at Sehun. "My fathers are back."

"In Korea?" Kai asked and she nodded, still facing Sehun. "Where are they?" Kyungsoo asked and Jin Sae turned to look at Kyungsoo. "They're in my father's office. Now." Sehun shot up from his seat as he gripped onto Jin Sae's hand. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Jin Sae asked as Kyungsoo and Kai followed behind the two of them. "Where else? To meet your fathers of course." Sehun answered simply but the moment he tried to open the door, Kyungsoo and Kai held them back. "C'mon! She hasn't seen them in a year!" Sehun raised his voice but Kai gripped firmly onto Sehun's arm. "And what would the public think if she saw you dragging her around like that?"

"Yeah, you know how the paparazzis are. They're all crazy." Kyungsoo shuddered at the thought of all those insane fans along with the media.

Sehun groaned before he turned to face Jin Sae. "You get out there, get a cab and make sure you get to see your fathers, alright?"

She nodded her head as Sehun grabbed a cap to put it on her head. Kai helped to put her jacket on as Kyungsoo gave a tight warm hug from the back. "I don't know what I'll do without you guys."

"Just go!" The three of them chorused at the same time as Kai pushed her out with Sehun opening the door for her. "Thank you guys for today, and... everything." Jin Sae smiled before she got into the 'taxi' Kyungsoo stopped for her. The moment she got in, her eyes widened when she looked around her. "W-What the hell is going on?"

"Surprise!" The four girls in the car chimed, causing her to jerk up in her seat. The person driving was no other than CL. Minzy was beside CL and Park Bom was beside her as Dara was beside Park Bom. "What is going on?" Jin Sae asked softly and they all simply chuckled. "Have you forgot what day is today?"

"W-What day is today?"

"This is the date of when we first met you!"

"You're kidding." Jin Sae breathed out and Minzy laughed. "We're not. Well, actually it's tomorrow but we just wanted to get a little heads up."

"Then what's with you guys doing all this? And don't you guys have training now?"

"Yeah but, we were given a little mission to bring you to your father's office." Park Bom answered before Dara hit her on the head. "Yah! We're not supposed to tell her where she's supposed to go!"

"Whatever!" Park Bom waved a hand as CL drove the car.

After 20 minutes that flew by like the wind, CL stopped the car. "We're here!"

"That quick?" Jin Sae's eyes widened but CL didn't bother to say anything. The four girls got out of the car to pull Jin Sae out. The four of them dragged Jin Sae all the way up to her father's office. "I can get there myself!" Then of course, the girls didn't care until the moment they reached in front of the office, they opened the door and pushed her in. She turned around to glare at them but they sneakily closed the door shut after giggling for a moment. "I'm going to kill those girls."

"After you give us a welcoming hug." Her eyes widened as she turned around, only to come face to face with two of her fathers. This day just gets filled with more and more surprises. She couldn't even grasp onto the fact her two fathers were standing before her so the two men just pulled her in for a hug. "It's been so long." Her father breathed out as her stepfather chuckled. "H-How are you guys back here?"

"We're here to congratulate you on your anniversary." Her father chuckled when Jin Sae's eyes widened. "A-Anniversary?" She furrowed her eyebrows and took a good look on her watch where she could see the date of today. "Oh no..." She breathed out when she realized today was her fourth year anniversary with Luhan, which she forgot. "I can see you forgot." Her stepfather spoke up, causing her to shut her eyes tight before they pulled away from the hug. "God damn it."

"Here." Her father spoke up as he dangled a pair of keys in front of her. Her eyes opened only to tilt her head at the pair of keys in front of her. "What's that?"

"Keys. Silly." Her stepfather joked before he took her hand to let her father place the keys in her hands. "I-I know that but keys to where?"

"We would tell you but first, you'll have to go and see for yourself. Tomorrow is going to be a packed day for you so make sure you get a lot of rest there."

"There where?!" She raised her voice a little but they still wouldn't answer her. The door opened, only revealing CL. "Ready to go?"

"Go where?"

"Yes, she's ready." Her father answered for her and her head shot back to her father. "Take her." Her stepfather said and CL did as she was told. She came to pull Jin Sae out until they reached the ground floor and CL was the driver again. This time Jin Sae was sitting beside CL. "Would you please tell me where the hell are we going?"

"My my my, where are your manners?"

"CL."

"Jin Sae." CL chuckled but she didn't reveal anything. "CL, please."

"Nope. We're almost there."

"Almost there, where?!"

"Here!" CL chimed as she unlocked the door. "Block C, 10th floor, room 201."

"CL, what ar-"

"Good luck!" She chimed as she hurriedly opened the car door on Jin Sae's side before she pushed Jin Sae until she got off. CL closed the door and locked it. "Hurry!" CL raised her voice before she saluted her and drove off. Jin Sae stood in front of the apartment with her lips parted. It wasn't long until she decided to make a move the moment she saw a group of paparazzis making their way towards her direction but they didn't know it's her. She jogged inside the building until she stood in the middle of the lobby. "Miss Han?"

Her eyes widened as she turned around immediately only to make eye contact with the receptionist by the counter. "H-How do you know it was me?"

"I figured." The receptionist smiled before she directed Jin Sae to where she was supposed to go, even though she didn't ask. "How do you know where I'm supposed to go?"

The receptionist simply winked and Jin Sae took a step back with the keys in her hands. This was all too weird for her and as much as this is creepy, she wants to know who is behind all of this. A thought came into her mind, Luhan. "Thank you." Jin Sae bowed a little before she made her way towards where her key would work. The moment she reached Block C on the 10th floor, she made her way towards room 201. When she reached in front of the door, the unit the room key she was given happened to be a corner unit. Which means this apartment would be big. She carefully put the key in before she unlocked the door. The moment she got the door open, she walked in until she heard a click. The door had just shut behind her, leaving her with no light source.

Great. Just great. "L-Look, whoever is behind all of this, I say you show yourself now."

"Boo." A voice came from behind her and her eyes widened as she let out a soft scream. She turned around immediately only to start hitting whoever was trying to hug her from the back but she froze the moment she heard familiar grunts. "Ow! Ow! Stop!" Two hands grabbed onto her wrists and the lights came on, revealing Luhan in the well decorated apartment. There were balloons everywhere on the ground along with a 'Welcome to your new home!' banner. Her eyes widened and she let her hands fall to her sides as she looked around the apartment in awe. Sure her apartment was nice but it was nowhere near fancy as this. It was so high class, she thought she would break in here.

"Welcome to our home."

"O-Our home?" Jin Sae croaked out and Luhan smiled as he stood beside her. He reached for her hand before he laced his fingers with hers. "Yeah, our home."

"H-How...? What?" She asked softly and he dragged her to the first place he wanted her to see. Their bedroom. He led her deeper into the apartment and he opened the door for her to enter. He switched on the lights only to reveal their furnished bedroom with a king sized bed along with a nice view from their window. He lifted her and placed her down on the bed with her feet on the ground before he sat down beside her.

"How did you afford all of this?"

"Who said I paid for everything?" Luhan asked amusingly but his laughter died when he saw the seriousness in his girlfriend's eyes. He faked a cough before he looked away from her. "Your father and stepfather pitched in a little money, alright? But I paid for the most of it."

"Why?" She asked softly and he turned to face her. He placed his hands on her shoulders before he shook her gently. "Because I want to be different from those useless bastards who use to own your heart. I want to be different. I want to be so different that you may even remember me in your next life. And if it was possible? I would want our love story to have a faster beginning with no ending. Until... what is that crap they say, 'Until death do us part'? Yeah, let death do us part. I want to support this pretty face until the day I die. Better yet, if we ever go to heaven, I would still want to support you there. I want to live with you knowing I could wake up to see this beautiful face. Probably beg God for it but you get what I mean. So, happy fourth year anniversary... Han Jin Sae."

"Luhan,"

"Y-Yeah?"

She smiled a little before he moved his hands away from her shoulders to place it on her lap. She reached for one hand with his ring that was matching with hers before she placed one of her hands on top of that hand with the ring on it. Slowly she brushed the back of his hand with the ring on it, and Luhan doesn't even know what's going on. Does she approve of them living together? Is she touched by the fact he went to this extend to live with her? How the hell does she even feel about them living together? Before he could say anything, she spoke.

"My dad told me that one day if he meets a guy who he knows can take care of me well, he would give him that ring." Luhan's eyes widened as he looked down on her hand overlapping his on her thigh. "And Luhan?" Jin Sae called him out and he lifted his chin to look into her eyes. "You're that guy."

"S-So... what are you trying to say? Do you approve us living together? How do you feel about all of thi-" Luhan couldn't even finish what he had to say to her the moment she leaned in to press her lips against his. It wasn't long until his words turned into mumbles and soon there were no words from him as he kissed her back. Her arms slowly wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer as his arms went around her waist. The both parted ways for air but joined back into the kiss not a few seconds after of inhaling air. After a while that seemed like forever, she broke the kiss and leaned her forehead against hers. "Isn't that... enough assurance that I'm alright... wait... cross that, I'm more than just 'okay' with living with the man that I love."

"And if you need more assurance," She inhaled before she gulped, she was still panting with Luhan but she wanted to have her say now. This was the right moment for her to say everything she's been keeping in. All this love she had for Luhan, she was going to show it to him now. "The man that I love, is none other than Luhan. You're... the main reason of why I'm happy today. Even if I don't tell you, I want you to know that the reason why I'm smiling every morning, it's because of you."

"Jin Sae, I-"

"And," She breathed out as she placed a finger on his lips, silencing him as she wanted to go on. These were the words she'd never thought she'd have the courage to say but considering this was a special day, this marks the date where she would try to be as open with her feelings with Luhan as much as possible. "I love you. So so... much." She whispered and Luhan's lips parted the moment she pulled her finger away. "Not for what you're doing, not for who you are to the world but... for who you've made me become, for who you appear to me and for what you make me feel when I'm with you. And I know I don't really express my feelings that much but, I hope this makes up for all those times that I would never even mention my feelings and I'm very sorry it took so long for me to-" 

She kept silent the moment Luhan leaned in to claim her lips without her protesting. It was just a quick kiss before he pulled away to lean his forehead against hers. "Apology, accepted. And... I love you too."