Thirty-Three.

Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.

 


Updated on the 8th of July 2013.

Chapter 33


Han Jin Sae.
"So how was it?" CL asked the moment you came into the room. You shook your head and she got up to hug you tight. "Nothing special?" she asked and you nodded your head. "I tried to like him back but," you breathed out and CL squeezed your shoulders when she broke the hug. "You do not have to feel bad. You were being honest and that's the right way to go." CL nodded her head and you smiled at her. "Have I ever told you what a great friend you are?"

"Hmm, I've had my fair share of people saying that." CL wiggled her eyebrows before you playfully tapped her cheek with your purse. "By the way, where are you going?" you asked her when you noticed she was dressed up for something special. The time was only 8.30p.m. but it looks like she has a lot in store for her. "Going out."

"Jiyong?"

"H-How did you know?"

"How can I not know?" you asked back and she gulped. "It's pretty obvious the two of you like each other." you snickered when she blushed. "I'm leaving!" she raised her voice and instantly she left. Chuckling to yourself a little you sat down on your bed before you sighed. "I wonder if I'm doing the right thing." you mumbled softly before a call came in. You took out your phone only to reveal a call from your stepfather. You answered the call and he greeted you with a soft "Hey."

"Hey." you replied with the same softness he did and he laughed a little over the phone. "How are you holding up?" he asked softly and you sighed. "Not too bad. Y-You?" you asked slowly and he sighed. "I miss her."

"You're not the only one."

"How about we link your father into this call?" Your stepfather suggested and you blinked. "W-What?"

"You heard me, kiddo." your stepfather joked a little before you pulled your phone away and dialled your father's number before linking him into this call. "Hello?" your father answered and you replied with a soft "Hi."

"How's my angel doing?" your father asked softly and that's when your stepfather bumped into say, "Pretty fine, you?"

"What the-Han Kung?" your father called out your stepfather's name before you chuckled softly. "Yeah, I'm here too you know." your stepfather said before you could hear your father scoffing. "Is this a three way call?"

"Yeah, you catch on pretty quick, Jae Jang."

Your father couldn't help but chuckle as finally, these two were getting along. "How's business?" your stepfather asked your father who could only explain to him that business was doing great before he asked your stepfather how was his business in New York. "Not too shabby. You can't exactly trust workers nowadays."

"I second that."

"And I don't third anything." you spoke up in the middle of their conversation before the two of them laughed. "Dad? And.. dad?" you called out softly and the two of them chorused a soft "Yes?" at the same time. "Will things ever be the same?" you asked softly and you could hear sighs. "Jin Sae," your father breathed out and your stepfather continued. "We're not exactly the best parents I mean. Your father divorced with your mother and I remarried her."

"Things were hard on you and things will be harder now that she's not gone," your father added in before your stepfather took over again. "And we know we're not what you hope you'd get but as your parents now,"

"Be it having two fathers," your father said and you smiled a little. "We're still going to try our best to be the parents who can love you equally." your stepfather finished explaining before you managed to feel better, even though your mother wasn't by your side anymore, you could tell that she would be smiling from above seeing how two lovely men that she loved would take care of her only daughter. "Dad?" you called out and only your father answered. "I mean two of you."

"Dad," You called out again and this time the two of them responded with a soft "Yes Jin Sae?"

"I love you." you whispered and from there, it was silent. "H-Hey, don't hang up on me right after I said that. It would be embarrassing." you muttered softly before you joined in to laugh along with them. "You know as your fathers, we love you too."

"Even if we're too busy with our work,"

"Just know that we love you a lot."

"Yeah, I understand." you nodded your head before the three of you continued to talk for a little while more and you decided you shouldn't bother them anymore because they would probably be busy with their work. After you hung up, you decided to just wash up and get dressed in your sleeping clothes. An oversized t-shirt along with a pair of sweats with your hair laid down as you lied down on the bed with your arms crossed behind your head. Before you know it, you fell asleep.

Narrator.
"What's with him?" Kris asked when he came in Lay and Luhan's room. Lay shrugged before he glanced at his roommate, "I heard him mumbling something about Minho and he cried, that's one thing for sure." Kris's eyes widened before he glanced at Luhan. "Don't tell me.."

"Something must've happened between Minho and Jin Sae to give him that much of an impact."

"But then-"

"He's in love." Lay smirked before he sat down on the sofa with Kris following his cue. "Jin Sae?"

"Pretty much."

"But he keeps on denying i-"

"Are you being serious? This is your first time knowing how Luhan is like?" Lay asked before Kris smirked. "I guess, if you took away all the bluntness he's been giving her, you could see he likes her a lot."

"See? Everyone knows that."

"Except the idiot himself." Kris breathed out before he leaned back on the sofa. "What do we do about it?"

"What do you mean?" Lay asked before Kris leaned forward with his elbows rested on his knees. "I mean, we've got to do something about this for Luhan."

"I don't think we can do much." Lay sighed but then Kris furrowed his eyebrows. "Why not?"

"He's got to make the first move on his own. Where would all his sincerity be if we were the ones helping him out?"

"Then.." Kris dragged the word before a smirk appeared on his face again. "Alright, what's with the smirk?"

"A little jealousy could help him right?"

Lay raised an eyebrow in amusement before flashing his dimples at Kris. "I see where you're going with this."

"Maybe this could work. I think it could."

"Do you Kris? Do you really think so?"

"Shut it, you unicorn. Just keep me updated with how he's acting." Kris said before he got up. He gave a pat on Lay's shoulder before he walked out of the room.