TUTORIAL

I Will Make You Love Me

Bong-hyung was munching on the chips his sister bought for him. He watched as his mother and his sister do the dance. This usually happens when his mother is asking his sister for a favor. It seems it’s an extremely tough favor.

“He’s a senior like you. He needs help. His mother is a good friend of mine.” Mom pleaded

“You owe his mother something right?”Yoo Rin replied passing her brother who offered her chips which she grabbed. Bong-hyung looked amused.

“Are you even my child? Why don’t you do this favor for your poor mother?”

Yoo Rin sighed. Mother was starting up again. “I don’t tutor students from my own year. You know how weird it gets.”

“They’ll be paying you 100,000 won an hour.”

“100,000 won?” Yoo Rin was clearly tempted. The money would be useful as pocket money for her trip to America. What am I thinking? She shook her head to clear her mind. “Is that guy an idiot or something and needing an intervention?”

Her Mom looked away quickly. “He’s been preoccupied with something lately, his parents are worries he won’t be able to graduate.”

Yoo Rin stared her mother down certain she was hiding something. But the money was too good to pass up.

“Alright.”Yoo Rin said resigned. Her mother started to hug her but Yoo Rin raised her hand up “But I’ll only work with him for 3 hours a day and I get paid at the end of each session.”

Her mother nodded her head vigorously. “You’ll start tomorrow. This is the address.” Mom said giving Yoo Rin the slip of paper.

“If he turns out to be a creep, I’m outta there!” Yoo Rin said warned her mom.

Bong-hyung looked at his mother suspiciously. He grabbed the chips from his sister who went to answer the phone. “What are you up to?” He asked his mom who shrugged but looked very happy.

--------

Yoo Rin stood in front of the house of the guy she was suppose to tutor. She should have asked for the guy’s name.

“Yoo Rin?”

Yoo Rin turned as her name called. She was surprised to see it was Choi. “Ya! It’s you?!”

Choi smiled. “Why are you standing there? Didn’t you ring the bell?” Then he pressed the bell. Yoo Rin turned away and made a face. She shouldn’t have agreed to tutor a senior. She’s bound to meet Geun Suk.

Choi was opening the gate. “Are you coming in?”

Yoo Rin had to make a choice. The money was too good to pass up. She nodded and followed Choi to the house. The house was huge but that wasn’t what’s surprising she know that if they can afford to pay her 100,000 won an hour. The trees in the garden walk were huge. She stared at them in delight. She loved trees. It took them 10 minutes to get into the main house. They even had to ride a golf cart to get to the main door. Yoo Rin who still wore her uniform felt under dressed.

Maids lined up at the walk and bowed to them as they passed. Yoo Rin felt awkward, she stole a glance at Choi. How rich is this guy? “You have wonderful trees.” Yoo Rin said tentatively.

Choi glanced at her amused. “Trees huh?”

Yoo Rin nodded. She wasn’t really impressed with all the pomp. Choi led her inside what she assumed was the living room ot was filled with flowers. Who died? Yoo Rin thought. Flowers were really not her thing. She sneezed.

Choi glanced down at her. “The flowers are a bit too much. I told him so…tsk.” Choi said as he asked a passing maid to take the flowers away. “Sit down. I’ll get you something to drink.”

“You don’t have to do that.”Yoo Rin said wanting to get started so she could get out of there. “Where are your books? We can start working here.”

Choi grinned at her shaking her head. “Oh, I don’t need any tutoring.”

“Eh? Then what am I doing here then?” Yoo Rin asked confused.

“You’re here, Wife.”Geun Suk said happily ask he came down the long winding stairs.

Yoo Rin gaped at Geun Suk. Has her mother lost her mind? “Choi, can I borrow your mobile?”

“Why?”Choi asked but he gave her his phone anyway.

Yoo Rin wanted to kill her mother. She started calling Bong-hyung. “Oppa? Can you come to this address? I’ll explain later. Yeah. Thanks Oppa.” Yoo Rin threw the phone back to Choi who she considers the devil’s right hand man.

“Ya!”

Geun Suk approached her with a big smile on his face. Yoo Rin picked up her books and tried to walk pass him. As she expected he grabbed her arm. “Let go!”

“Where are you going? You're tutoring hasn’t even started yet.”

“Get your hand off me.”Yoo Rin said calmly.

Geun Suk let her go but blocked her way. “Get out of the way.”

“My aunt paid your mother in advance today.”

“What?!”Yoo Rin remarked

“You can call her if you want.”Geun Suk said confidently passing his mobile phone to Yoo Rin. She looked at the phone doubtfully but accepted it to call her mom. She would not only kill her, she would never agree to do anything for her again.

Geun Suk sat down happily staring at Yoo Rin as she argued with her Mom. She was really here in his house. He would have her all to himself, No baseball club, no twins, no older brother. He was so looking forward to today he could hardly wait to see her. Yoo Rin finished her call and passed the mobile back to him. She had her eyes closed as if trying to calm herself. Then she faced him squarely.

“Fine. Where are your books?”

“My room, let’s go up.”Geun Suk said taking her book and bag with him

“Ya! Hold on! We’re going up?  To your room?”Yoo Rin asked as if she didn’t hear him properly.

“Uh hmm.” Geun Suk said walking as fast as he could to the stairs.

Yoo Rin turned to Choi who gave her a tentative smile. “You’re his minion.” Yoo Rin accused

“Cousin actually, but you can call me his minion.”Choi replied with a smile. “He’s not really a bad guy you know.”

Yoo Rin rolled her in disbelief.

“Ya! Han Yoo Rin! I pay you by the hour right? The hour wil start as soon as you get upstairs”Geun Suk stopped near to top of the stairs. Yoo Rin felt she had no choice but to follow.