GRAND ISLAND

I Will Make You Love Me

Geun Suk felt anxious. Yoo Rin was not among them when they all regained consciousness. It was only when the wide screen showed the sleeping Yoo Rin in that frilly princess dress that he felt his heart calm.

“Ya! Where are we?” Jan asked scratching his wrapped arm.

“Grand Island.” Kim Ra replied looking at the open air surrounding they were in.

Grand Island is reputed to be one of the wonders of the world. A natural science habitat and animal preserve, it’s very rare that people would get invited to go on tour there much less have the entire school festival there.

“Ya! The owner is the guy who wants to date Yoo Rin?” Jan wondered aloud.

“Ts! Are you a Babo? Remember, the person who wins the treasure hunt gets to go out with Yoo Rin. Look around, I doubt if the owner of Grand Island is among us now.” Hon reasoned.

“I think this is a test.” Jan countered thoughtfully

“Test? What makes you say that?” Geun Suk asked curious.

“Ya! Think about it, Bong-hyung is involved in this. He’s been making sure that only those determined enough got this far.”

“Why isn’t Yoo Rin here? She earned the right.” Hon pointed out.

Geun Suk wanted to find out the same thing. He paced. They were in GRAND freaking ISLAND. Geun Suk knew this place like the back of his hand. Good? Bad? Things could go either way.

***

Yoo Rin ripped the frilly princess dress sleeves. Lee Jun came in and leaned against the door jam.

Yoo Rin glared at him. “Why did you get involved in this?” Yoo Rin accused as she ripped the other sleeve.

Lee Jun raised his hands, He had a pair of knee high boots in one hand. Yoo Rin grabbed the boots. Yoo Rin sat on the bed and started shredding the skirt of the gown she was wearing.

“I can take you away from here right now.”Lee Jun offered watching Yoo Rin longingly.

“Ha! Bong-hyung will beat you to a pulp.”Yoo Rin countered tying the now shredded skirt’s edges together making it look like baggy pants then she put on the boots.

“We can go to America. I’ll protect you.”Lee Jun stated

Yoo Rin stared at Lee Jun, worried. “We’re back to that again?”

“Yoo Rin.”

“I know, you mean well. But I can’t run. I won’t. Bong-hyung oppa wants to teach me a lesson. I’m not backing down.” Yoo Rin said firmly.

“I can reason with Bong-“

“Oppa is as stubborn as I am. It’s a genetic.”Yoo Rin replied retying her braid. Yoo Rin gave Lee Jun a slap on the shoulder. “All the men in my family are against my leaving to study in America. I expected as much.”

“I heard you met Shin.” Lee Jun said softly looking for a reaction.

“I met A Shin but not Park Shin Hoon.”

“Deh?”Lee Jun asked confused.

Yoo Rin grinned at Lee Jun. “The other Shin is an alright guy. I wonder who put him up to it though.”

Lee Jun stared at Yoo Rin in disbelief. “He’s not really Shin?”

Yoo Rin shook her head. “Nope. But he doesn’t know that I know, so Shhh…”

“You like him.”Lee Jun stated harshly

Yoo Rin raised an eyebrow at Lee Jun. "I just said he was alright, That makes me LIKE him?”

“Who do you like then, Jang Geun Suk?” Lee Jun countered

“Huh?” Yoo Rin looked away confused by the insinuation.

“Jang Geun Suk has been chasing you for the past year. Don’t tell me you don’t know.” Lee Jun said

Yoo Rin sighed. Why is everyone on her case about Jang Geun Suk? Why does it seem she can’t escape the thought of him? Even when Geun Suk wasn’t around his name keeps popping up.

“Are you still waiting for Shin?”Lee Jun asked annoyed

“Shin is my friend, my best friend. I don’t know why people don’t get that I miss my friend. Why do people equate that to romance?” Yoo Rin said exasperated.

“What?” Lee Jun asked grabbing Yoo Rin’s arms with both his hands. “You’ve never been in–love with Shin Hoon? Then, why? Why did you reject me?”

“Lee Jun? Ya! You’re hurting me.” Yoo Rin said surprised at Lee Jun’s tightening grip and struggled.

“Are you really as cold hearted as you seem? You didn’t even fall for Shin Kai! Shin Kai who was the perfect vision of your Shin. ”Lee Jun yelled suddenly.

Yoo Rin stopped struggling. “What? What did you say?”

Lee Jun shut his mouth abruptly. A fist slammed against the open door.

“I’m going to hurt you if you don’t let go of my sister.”Bong-hyung said quietly as he stepped into the room.

Lee Jun let Yoo Rin go. Bong-hyung pulled Yoo Rin behind him. Bong-hyung stared at Lee Jun his eyes narrowing. He didn’t look happy. “Stay away from my sister.”

***

Geun Suk wanted to strangle someone preferably his grandfather who Geun Suk knows is behind all this, his harabeoji owns Grand Island after all. The participants have been wandering the area for at least 2 hours. More hungry than tired, Geun Suk worried about getting the keys. He mentally cursed Bong-hyung.

“Ya! Shin, are you spacing out? Hop to it? Or don’t you plan to protect Yoo Rin’s kiss?” Hon asked putting an arm around Geun Suk.

“Stop calling me Shin.”Geun Suk warned. Hon covered his mouth guiltily

“So, you found anything?” Hon asked eying Geun Suk’s sack.

Geun Suk had 4 items, enough to get him a key but he wanted to be the only person with a key, so his goal is to get at least 9 items.

“Ya! You guys better hurry. The kid with the red baseball cap has gone back.” Jan yelled running back to where they came.

Geun Suk swore under his breath. He started running. Hon was right. He must get to Yoo Rin first, and knowing how stubborn she is she probably start screaming bloody murder if anyone tried to go anywhere near her. Geun Suk watched at the red capped guy slipped inside a hidden panel in the wall. The Twins caught up with Geun Suk.

Hon swore under his breath. “Here, I found Yoo Rin’s middle school jacket.” Hon said giving Geun Suk the jacket.

“Found that ugly stuffed animal you sent her from America. Take it.” Jan said handing Geun Suk the Purple dragon. Geun Suk stared at the Twins gratefully.

“With what you have now, you’d get at least a key or two.” Hon said confidently.

“What are you waiting for? Catch our Girl.” Jan said pushing Geun Suk forward. Geun Suk nodded and started running for the big screen monitor.