SWEET DREAMS

I Will Make You Love Me

The constant ringing of her phone was bugging Yoo Rin. She opened one eye to glance at the clock 4:00 AM. She mentally cursed who ever it was that was calling. Sitting up she looked at the caller id. BANE. Yoo Rin covered the phone with her pillow. Will she ever have a moment’s peace?

“Yoboseyo!” Yoo Rin said sharply.

“I can’t sleep.” Geun Suk murmured

“This is my problem, HOW?” Yoo Rin replied

“It’s your fault.” Geun Suk

“Deh? Why is it my fault?” Yoo Rin asked outraged. She wondered why she even bothered speaking to him.

“If you asked me, I would have agreed.” Geun Suk said

“Agreed to what?” Yoo Rin yawned loudly

“To be at your halmeoni’s memorial.”

Silence.

“Yoboseyo? Yoo Rin? Yoo Rin? Ya!”

"Yoo Rin was dozing off and came abruptly awake.

“What? What?!”

“Sleepy?” Geun Suk asked

“Obviously. Duh? It’s 4 AM for God’s sake.” Yoo Rin replied shifting position.

“Don’t do it again.” Geun Suk warned

“Don’t do what?” Yoo Rin asked and wondered why Geun Suk kept asking cryptic questions.

“Don’t disappear.” Geun Suk replied quietly.

“Ya! You-“Yoo Rin was about to give a snide remark then paused. She remembered how she felt when Shin just disappeared. “I won’t. Sorry.

Geun Suk smiled. “Promise?”

“Yes.” Yoo Rin said grudgingly

“How can I be sure?” Geun Suk teased

Yoo Rin made a face on the phone. The nerve! “Ya!-“

“I’m kidding. I trust you.” Geun Suk assured her.

Yoo Rin smiled. “That’s the first decent thing you ever said to me. ” Yoo Rin teased.

“Ya! I’m decent. You just never gave me a chance.” Geun Suk countered “Yoo Rin?”

“Hmmm?” Yoo Rin’s eyes were getting heavy again.

“I’m not really so bad….am I?” Geun Suk asked

“Hmmm?” Yoo Rin replied her eyes closed.

“Why do you keep running from me?” Geun Suk asked

No reaction. Silence.

“Yoo Rin? Yoo Rin? Yoboseyo? Ya! Have you fallen asleep?” Geun Suk asked chuckling. “Han Yoo Rin!... Yoboseyo?... I’m picking you up tomorrow. We’re going to school together, ok?” Silence. For Geun Suk it didn’t matter as long as he could still hear her. “You’re asleep? I wanted you to sing to me, like you did when we were kids. Shiro? I could sing to you ...”

Geun Suk cleared his throat and started:

The door opens
You come in
I knew it was you
You walk to me & show your face
It is so beautiful
It looks familiar, my heart is beating
You have taken my heart
I will tell you now, I will be brave
May I love you now?
This is my first time
I don’t want to miss it
Love has arrived
I will do the very best
There were so many cries & tears
But I finally met you
May I love you now?
This is my first time
I don’t want to miss it
May I love you?

Geun Suk’s voice faded then he smiled. His ear still pressed on the phone. Yoo Rin’s breathing never falter. Yoo Rin stayed asleep. “Sweet dreams…my Yoo Rin.”
----------------
Yoo Rin was rushing out of her apartment. She mentally cursed Jang Geun Suk who called her up at dawn, she slept through the alarm. Yoo Rin was not paying attention to where she was going she slammed into someone. A hand caught her before she could fall. Yoo Rin was pulled into someone arms.
 

“Yoo Rin.”

“Mianhaeyo –“ Yoo Rin tried to pull away.

“Shh..”

Yoo Rin stayed still, for about a beat then tried to pulled away. “Shin? Ya! Did something happen? What’s wrong?”

Shin kept both his arms around Yoo Rin and rested his chin on the top of her head.

“I wanted to see you.”Shin whispered in her hair. It feels weird. Yoo Rin thought. Yoo Rin pushed herself away from Shin.

“Ya! You! Let her go!” Geun Suk was furious! He pulled Yoo Rin’s arm roughly.

“Why should I?” Shin countered Shin kept his hand on Yoo Rin’s upper arm.

Geun Suk started pulling Yoo Rin towards him. “Han Yoo Rin. Ya! We’re late for school.”

Shin kept his hand on Yoo Rin’s arm. Yoo Rin felt like a yoyo going back and forth.

“Hey! Ya! Both of you let go!” Yoo Rin said shaking both of them off. 

“Shin, Mianhaeyo. I can’t be late for school. I’ll talk to you later.” Yoo Rin said

“I’ll take you to school.” Shin offered shaking the keys in his hand.

“No you won’t. Yoo Rin, today I am going to collect what you owe me.” Geun Suk said but he kept his eyes on Shin.

“Deh?!” Yoo Rin stiffened. Did he mean-?!

Geun Suk approached Yoo Rin. Yoo Rin backed away. Geun Suk made a tsking sound and took Yoo Rin’s hand and enfolded it in his. Yoo Rin stood still. Geun Suk pulled her along. Yoo Rin followed reluctantly, she eyed him wearily.

“Yoo Rin -”

“Mianhaeyo Shin.” Yoo Rin said.

Geun Suk tightens his hold on Yoo Rin’s hand. He gave Shin a satisfied smirk. Yoo Rin gave Shin an embarrassed smile.

“Ya! Your hand is cold.” Geun Suk said as he pulled Yoo Rin in step with him. Yoo Rin didn’t speak. Why did she even agree to this set up? She wondered. It seems ok at the time but now…

“We’re going to hold hands all day?” Yoo Rin ventured to ask as they got in Geun Suk’s car. Geun Suk nodded hiding his smile with a cough. “When do I get my hand back?”

Never if I had a choice in this, Geun Suk thought to himself, then to pacify Yoo Rin looked at his watch. “10 in the evening.”

Yoo Rin banged her head on the car’s window. “Ya! What if I need to go to the bathroom?”

From the front seat Hyun and Choi stifled a laugh. Yoo Rin scooted as far away from Geun Suk as possible. 

“We’ll deal with it when the time comes.” Was Geun Suk’s reply.

Yoo Rin covered her face with the hand she had left. It was going to be so embarrassing going to school like this! Geun Suk  leaned towards Yoo Rin. Oh no! Yoo Rin thought and with one hand lifted he back pack to cover her face.

 “You can relax. I’m not going to collect EVERYTHING you owe me all at once.”Geun Suk whispered