COOKIES

I Will Make You Love Me

“A kiss.”

Yoo Rin stared at Geun Suk in shock. “You clearly lost your mind. If you want that sort of incentive you got the wrong tutor.”

“A kiss is nothing. In Europe people greet each other with a kiss.”Geun Suk said reasonably

“Well, Clearly I was not raised in Europe.”

“What’s the big deal? Unless…ah, of course you’ve never kissed anyone before.”Geun Suk concluded gleefully. Geun Suk stared at Yoo Rin expectantly

“I have kissed before.”Yoo Rin said reluctantly

“Oh yeah? When? Is it even in this decade?”Geun Suk teased

Yoo Rin’s temper flared. This guy was underestimating her! “It’s none of your business.” Then after a pause Yoo Rin made up her mind. “Fine. Agreed.”

“Eh? What?!”Geun Suk was surprised then ecstatic. “You agree? You already said it you can’t take it back!”Geun Suk said excited then he started writing down the particulars on 2 sheets of paper.

Yoo Rin stared at the document Geun Suk pushed towards her. What did I get myself into?

HAN YOO RIN AGREES TO KISS JANG GEUN SUK IF HE PASSES ALL HIS MID TERM EXAMS.

“Sign it. Or are you going back on your word?”Geun Suk challenged.

Yoo Rin stared at the agreement. She bit her lower lip. She was torn. She wanted Geun Suk to do well or at the very least pass but she didn’t want to lose. She looked at Geun Suk who was staring at her eagerly. She never understood his interest in her. She supposed it was his sick way of getting back at her because of the incident at the resort. Well she certainly won’t back down.

“Fine.”Yoo Rin started adding another provision to the agreement.

JANG GEUN SUK MUST GET AT LEAST AN B+ IN THE CALCULUS MID TERM AND AN A IN ALL THE OTHER SUBJECTS HAN YOO RIN TUTORS HIM.

IF THE ABOVE GRADES ARE NOT ACHIEVED SAID AGREEMENT IS NULL AND VOID

Grinning she passed the a copy of the agreement to him. Since he had signed both copies he can’t very well back down now. In a way she had the last laugh.

Geun Suk stared at the revised agreement. “Ya! It’s going to be impossible for me to get a B let alone a B+ in Calculus. You know that. Are you trying to kill me?”

It was Yoo Rin eyebrow went up. “Eh? Don’t tell me you’re all talk?”Yoo Rin scoffed

Geun Suk and Yoo Rin stared at each other the tension can be felt in the air. It was as if they were ready for a fistfight.

“Yoo Rin , Geun Suk. I bought some snacks.”Geun Suk’s aunt came in holding a tray filled with cookies and 2 tall glasses of milk.

Geun Suk and Yoo Rin broke off their glare.

“You two seem so serious. Must be tiring to be studying all the time, why don’t you take a break.”Aunt said

“Termagant.”Geun Suk whispered as he reached for a cookie and a glass of milk.
“Mentally challenged.”Yoo Rin whispered biting into a cookie. “Hmmm. Excellent cookies Ajjumma.” Yoo Rin loved these cookies oatmeal with just a hint of cinnamon, Geun Suk’s aunt makes it a point of serving them those cookies she like every time she was here.

“Kamsahamnida, I’m glad you like them, but-“

“Ajumoni, I think I heard the door.”Geun Suk said quickly

“Huh?”Aunt turned to the door. “Ah, must be your brother Yoo Rin ah.”

Yoo Rin ate happily then wrapping some on the thick paper napkins Aunt leaves for them so she can take some home. Geun Suk smiled as he watched her take 8 cookies from the plate.

“You seem to have taken a liking to those cookies.”Geun Suk remarked.

Yoo Rin looked embarrassed “Sorry, I’m such a glutton.” And make to return the cookies she took. Geun Suk pushed the napkin back to her.

“Those cookies were made for you, so take as much as you like.”Geun Suk said.

“Eh?”

“I mean, I don’t like sweet things much, so if you don’t take them they might go to waste.”Geun Suk explained.

“Ah, ok! Komawoh”Yoo Rin said happily gathering all the cookies on the plate.

Geun Suk heaved a sigh of relief. It just wouldn’t do if she found out that he would do such unmasculine thing as bake her cookies.