BASEBALL

I Will Make You Love Me

“Yoo Rin! Yoo Rin!”Popi ran after her as they were headed for the baseball field. Popi, Yoo Rin and Eun Hye were the manager of the school’s baseball club. Bong-hyung was one of the teams founders and Yoo Rin wanted to help her brother out that’s why she agreed to be a team manger. Team managers take care of the team like glorified nannies. She would quit the team but she knows that Eun Hye who was a baseball fan wouldn’t let her. Popi joined the club to meet her brother. Bong-hyung who preferred older girls never gave Popi any attention.

“Why did Jang Geun Suk call you wife?”Eun Hye asked curiously. Yoo Rin sighed. So bothersome. She decided to deny everything.

“I have no idea.”Yoo Rin replied starting to lift the bats the teams were going to use.

“Let me help you with that, Wife.”Geun Suk said lifting the bats from Yoo Rin’s arms. Yoo Rin glared at him.

“Are you stalking me?!”Yoo Rin replied ignoring Geun Suk’s smile.

“Stalk? Why should I stalk my Wife?” Geun Suk said offended

“I told you to stop calling me that!”

“Calling you what, Wife?”

“WIFE! STOP CALLING ME WIFE!”Yoo Rin yelled. Everyone around them stopped to stare. They were at the baseball field now. Yoo Rin covered her face with both hand. Embarrassed at making a scene. “Stay away from me.”Yoo Rin said as she walked away from Geun Suk.

“You’re so cute when you’re stubborn Wife.”Geun Suk remarked. Yoo Rin stopped in her tracks and turned back to face Geun Suk.

“I AM NOT! NOR I WILL EVER BE YOUR WIFE?! Why do you keep saying that?”Yoo Rin said in frustration.

Geun Suk approached Yoo Rin his face bent down close to hers. “We have a history together, you and I.” Geun Suk smiled then whispered “You’ve seen everything. I have nothing to hide. Take responsibility.  You have to marry me.”

“Ha! Ya! I didn’t see anything. It’s all a misunderstanding.”Yoo Rin replied.

“You’re lying.” Geun Suk said.

“I don’t lie!”Yoo Rin said hotly

“Obviously, not very well.”Geun Suk remarked. Their faces close together. Yoo Rin clenched her fist. She was bracing herself for a fight. If a Yoo Rin had it in her to hate Geun Suk would be the first on her list.

“Break it up!” Dong Ko, the baseball coach said as he passed them going to the field. Yoo Rin was the first to turn away. Damn! Geun Suk smiled as he watched Yoo Rin walk away toward the other managers. Geun Suk was glad he decided to take up baseball.

“Ya! Jang Geun Suk, stop annoying Yoo Rin.”Lee Jun who was the captain of the baseball club warned. Lee Jun was heading to a University in the US next semester because of a baseball scholarship. He stayed on to help with the baseball club transition.

Geun Suk glances his way and grinned. “Yoo Rin gets annoyed so easily.”

“Cut it out.” Lee Jun said seriously

Geun Suk raised his eyebrows at Lee Jun. “Very protective.”Geun Suk stated.

“You’ll find out soon enough how protective everyone is when it comes to Yoo Rin.”Lee Jun replied staring at Geun Suk.

“Lee Jun Oppa!” Yoo Rin called smiling and waving at Lee Jun. Lee Jun waved back and smiled. Lee Jun looked back at Geun Suk and smirked. Geun Suk frowned as he watched Yoo Rin give Lee Jun a short hug before talking with him animatedly. Then Geun Suk felt someone smack him on the head.

“You’re obviously pissed.”Hyun remarked.

Geun Suk hit him back. He felt he needed to hit someone.

“You don’t have to worry about Lee Jun; he’s heading for America this fall.”Choi assured Geun Suk.

“He’s very protective of Yoo Rin. You think he’s your rival?”Hyun asked tossing a base ball around.

Geun Suk was pre-occupied staring at Lee Jun as he and Yoo Rin chatted. Their heads close together. He wondered if Lee Jun was a rival.

“Is he my rival?”Geun Suk asked Choi not taking his eyes off Lee Jun and Yoo Rin as they laughed about something Lee Jun said. Choi shrugged.

“Yoo Rin is known to be the baby sister of Bong-hyung. And from what the females tell me no one dare chase after her that is until well, until you.”

“Huh?”Geun Suk glanced at Choi in disbelief.

“Bong-hyung is very protective. She’s he’s sister after all. Since her freshman year, she beat out all the top male students for the honor of being the number 1 student in her year level. As far as I can tell the Twins make it a point to beat up any guy who shows any interest.”Choi informed

Geun Suk nodded. The twins seem to be the type who’d do anything for Yoo Rin. Although it was pretty obvious that they have feelings for her. He was surprised that the Twins were not part of the baseball club. Geun Suk watched as the other members of the baseball club came up to Yoo Rin and hugs her. She smiled at them happily. Geun Suk looked on promising that he’d get her to smile at him that way soon.

Coach Dong Ko had all the ones trying up to line up. Each were introduced to the players Lee Jun getting the most yells from the newbies and Yoo Rin getting the most ribbing from the players. It was obvious to Geun Suk that the players treated Yoo Rin like family. And she in turn enjoyed being teased.

“Lee Jun and I will be choosing the new players only 3 will be accepted this year since our roster is full. If you don’t pass this year you can do so next year.”

Geun Suk eyed Lee Jun who obviously was going to give him a hard time.