FACE OFF

I Will Make You Love Me

Geun Suk stared at his mobile furious that Yoo Rin would have the grumption to turn hers off. Pabo! She has no idea how worried he is. Hyun eyed Geun Suk wearily. They’ve been in the car for 2 hours. Geun Suk refused to even stop for food. They haven’t eaten all day. Choi kept his eye on the road. He knew when it came to Yoo Rin Geun Suk had a one-track mind. Geun Suk wanted to see her and would go to the ends of the earth to get to where she is.

Geun Suk’s mobile started beeping. Hyun who sat in the back seat sat up to peek at it.

“Yes! Yes! YES!” Geun Suk said joyfully

“What is it?” Choi asked

“Yoo Rin her phone. The GPS is tracking her location. She’s only a few minutes away from here.” Geun Suk announced.

Hyun leaned back down on the seat. That was a relief. Hyun thought. There was a dark cloud hovering above Geun Suk since this morning when he found Yoo Rin had skipped school. Hyun glanced at his Geun Suk who had an excited smile on his face.

Geun Suk asked Choi to stop the car; he got off quickly and ran to the woods. Choi and Hyun followed. 10 minutes later Choi and Hyun found Geun Suk standing near the trees motionless.

Yoo Rin, flat on her back, a tall wavy haired boy stood above her smiling and amused.

Yoo Rin had the breath knocked out of her. She must have heard wrong. She thought, the old man didn’t just say-

“Shin!”

Yoo Rin’s eyes popped open. A pair of laughing brown eyes looked down at her.

“Han Yoo Rin.”

Yoo Rin gasped then sat up quickly. He looked familiar, why did he look familiar?

“Shin. You know each other?” the old man said delighted.

“Harabeoji, I’ve been looking for you everywhere.” Shin replied dusting his grandfather off and helping him up.

“You know Rin Hyung’s granddaughter. Perfect! This is fate. Fate!” the old man crowed in delight.

Yoo Rin dusted the dirt off her pants and coat and stood up. The guy was around her age. Wavy hair, brown eyes, tall taller than the Twins. Wait. Why does he look familiar? The old man just called him Shin. SHIN?! Can it be?

“Shin?” Yoo Rin said softly staring at Shin’s face in wonder. Shin was here! Her heart felt like it was going to jump out her chest any minute.

Shin came up to push the hair from Yoo Rin’s face. “Your hair grew out.”

Shin and Yoo Rin’s eyes locked.

“Ya! Han Yoo Rin! Where the hell have you been?!” Geun Suk asked hotly striding towards Yoo Rin.

“EH?!” Yoo Rin stared at Geun Suk surprised. It seems she can’t escape him.

“Ya! Who are you?” the old man asked annoyed. He was very happy to find that his grandson was acquainted with Rin Hyung’s granddaughter.

“You missed school today!” Geun Suk accused “I waited at your house for 2 hours, worried sick about you!”

“Ya! I told you not to come to my house again!” Yoo Rin replied hotly. Shin forgotten. Who does this Jang Geun Suk think he is?!

“Did you lose your phone? I’ve been calling all day!” Geun Suk yelled.

“Why are you angry? You are neither my father or my brother why do I have to tell you my every move.” Yoo Rin countered annoyed that her peace would be ruined yet again by Jang Geun Suk.

“Babo! You stupid girl! Argh!” Geun Suk ran his fingers down his hair in frustration. Yoo Rin looked so beautiful. She shook off her braid. She took off her braid for the fake SHIN “Ya! Why is your hair loose like that?! You look like a witch.”

“Then stop yelling at me!” Yoo Rin replied hotly. Pushing her hair back conciously. “What are you doing here anyway?” Yoo Rin added.

“I-“Geun Suk stumped for a suitable reply.

Shin watched the exchange between Yoo Rin and Geun Suk puzzled. He decided to interrupt.

“Excuse me. You’re from Yoo Rin’s class? Thank you for taking care of Yoo Rin.” Shin said standing between Yoo Rin and Geun Suk.

Yoo Rin glanced at Shin. SHIN. Her best friend. He’s back. Geun Suk faced Shin and looked at him with great hostility. Who was this guy? Why does he claim to be Yoo Rin’s Shin? When I’m SHIN.

“Yoo Rin!” Lee Jan called

The Twins watched the scene from a distance and wondered why the tall dark haired stranger stood between Yoo Rin and Geun Suk. The Twins stood approached and stood at either side of Yoo Rin protectively.

“Jang Geun Suk! What are you doing here?!” Hon asked pulling Yoo Rin’s sleeve so she’d stand a little away from the stranger and Geun Suk. Shin broke into a big smile.

“Lee Hon! Lee Jan! Ya! I’m taller than either of you! I win!” Shin stated with a laugh.

The Twins turned their attention to Shin.Lee Hon and Lee Jan’s mouth dropped open.

“Sh…” –Hon

“Shin.”- Jan said clearly.

“Even with the German blood I still ended up taller than either of you.” Shin said offering his hand to Lee Jan who took it reluctantly.

“Ya! Lee Hon close your mouth, flies will come in and live there.” Yoo Rin stated. Banging Lee Hon’s shoulder with her own.

Geun Suk swore under his breath. This was weird. This Shin seems to know things about the Twins.

Hon stepped in to give Shin a hug. “Ya! Why are you so tall?! Been eating all those American hamburgers!”

Shin laughed. “I made it a point to drink my milk everyday. I didn’t want to be shown up by you guys.” Hon and Shin chuckled comfortably

“What happened to you? “ Jan asked glancing to Yoo Rin to Shin.

Silence. Yoo Rin looked happy as she looked at this Shin. Geun Suk wanted to hit him.

“Shin. They are friends of yours! As I said Fate!” the old man said happily

Shin introduced the Twins to his grandfather. The old man eyes Geun Suk suspiciously.

“Ya! Who are you? Your face looks familiar.” The old man accused looking at Geun Suk with one eye.

“I’m Han Yoo Rin’s yobo, her husband. “ Geun Suk said boldly.

“Shiro! Andwea! He’s gone insane Shin.” Yoo Rin said shaking her head. Geun Suk was doing it again. Making her life hell!

“Babo! What makes you think Yoo Rin is yours?” Lee Jan made to seize Geun Suk but Choi and Hyun stood beside Geun Suk.

3 on 3. Yoo Rin stared at them The Twins and Shin standing together eying Choi, Hyun and Geun Suk who stared at them as well. Tension thicken. Yoo Rin looked from one group to the other. The hairs on her arms stood up on end.

Anticipating things will end up in a fistfight, Yoo Rin quickly moved to stand between them.

“Today is my halmeoni’s memorial service. I don’t want any trouble today.” Yoo Rin said

“Yoo Rin, he shouldn’t have claimed you as his!” Jan said not taking his eyes of Geun Suk’s group.

Hyun bared his teeth at Jan. Yoo Rin put her hands up. “Quit it! All of you!” Yoo Rin said

Hon started to move forward. Yoo Rin raised her left hand and pointed to Hon. “Stop. You’re all getting on my last nerve. Move back.” Yoo Rin ordered.

The Twins’ broke eye contact to glance at Yoo Rin.She glared at them. “Do it.” Yoo Rin said quietly. Glancing at both groups.

The Twins moved 2 steps back. Geun Suk moved his friends back to do the same.

“That’s better. It’s almost 4pm. My Harbeouji will be expecting us back.”Yoo Rin told the Twins. They nodded. Yoo Rin turned to Geun Suk. “Go back to the city. I give you my word that I won’t run from my responsibility.”

Geun Suk nodded. Shin noticed that something passed between Yoo Rin and Geun Suk. The Twins looked at Yoo Rin puzzled.

“Grandfather.” Yoo Rin bowed to Shin’s grandfather who smiled at her appreciatively. Yoo Rin and the Twins started heading back to her grandfather’s house.

“Yoo Rin. We need to talk.” Shin said

Yoo Rin glanced back at Shin and smiled. “Are you leaving the country anytime soon?”

“Aniyo.”

Yoo Rin glanced back at Shin and smiled. Geun Suk felt breathless and envious that smile was not meant for him. “We have time then.” She said and continued walking, Yoo Rin’s hair blew behind her like a pair of wings. All the men present were in awe.

“Waa! That Aggasshi is incredible. Shin, I am going to ask her grand father for her.” The old man said. Shin gave his grandfather a smile then nodded.

Geun Suk watched as Yoo Rin’s figure vanished to the other side of the woods before he started walking. He didn’t want to face this fake Shin. He didn’t want Yoo Rin’s grandmother’s memorial to end in blood.

“Don’t you want to clear things up with this Shin?” Choi asked puzzled.

Geun Suk shook his head.

“We could have taken that guy even with the Twins.” Hyun stated annoyed.

Geun Suk headed back to the car. “Ya! What did Yoo Rin mean when she said she’d be responsible? For what?” Choi asked curious. Geun Suk gave a small smile.

“Ya! What’s with the smile?” Hyun asked cheered by Geun Suk’s sudden change of mood.

“Let’s just say. Fake or not I still have the advantage over that Shin.”