ADMISSION

I Will Make You Love Me

Yunji stared at the unconscious Yoo Rin and promised herself she would beat the crap out of Bong-hyung when they meet. Idiot! And to think he is suppose to be the oppa! Yunji just got back from a trip for Japan and was looking forward to the annual Treasure Hunt this year and she finds the entire a circus.

“Don’t worry baby girl, unnie is here now. ” Yunji said Yoo Rin’s forehead. Yoo Rin stirred.

+++

Yoo Rin felt unusually light. Like she was floating on water but not really. Am I dead? Yoo Rin wondered. Yoo Rin started seeing scenes from her life again.

Geun Suk catching her as she falls from the tree while clutching Popi’s cat… 

Geun Suk holding her in his arms the day of the black out…

Geun Suk making cookies in her kitchen…

“I went after you the wrong way…have given you the freedom to choose, To choose to be with whoever you want.” – Geun Suk’s words. The last Yoo Rin saw of Geun Suk was when he jumped in the water after her.

“Geun Suk!!!”Yoo Rin screamed sitting up her eyes wide.

Yunji sat on the bed next to Yoo Rin. “Calm down…it’s ok. Baby girl.” Yunji said pulling the shaking Yoo Rin in her arms.

“Yunji unnie? I wasn’t dreaming? Is it really you?”Yoo Rin said pulling away and staring at Yunji wide eyed.

“It’s really me. I’m back. Sorry it took me so long.”

“You, you saved me?”

“Pretty much.” Yunji replied. “You’re Oppa’s been a bad bad boy huh?” Yunji said sympathetically

Yoo Rin nodded. Yunji hugged Yoo Rin.

“Unnie, where are we?” Yoo Rin asked looking at the room for the first time. It was Japanese style, very minimal.

“This is Grey Manor.”

“Deh?”

“The Grand Islands’ rest house. They were all very worried about you and that boy who jumped in after you.”

Yoo Rin pulled away from Yunji. Realizing what she meant. “Unnie, is Jang Geun Suk alright?”

Yunji did not reply. Yoo Rin started to panic. “Unnie? Where is Jang Geun Suk?”

****

“Damn! Where could be be?” Choi said in frustration. Have the caretakers set the nets too late? It was sheer lucky that the Red capped participant who turned out to be female had the decided to crack of the skinner branches to block Yoo Rin from floating away towards the falls.

“Any luck?” Choi asked one of the men searching the shoreline by the falls. They’ve been searching the area for an hour but no sign of Geun Suk. The man shook his head.

Grand Island was 1000 hectares of land, developed by the Jang Company. Their harabeoji makes it a point to stay in the island whenever he was in Asia. It was his refuge.

“Keep searching.”Choi yelled frustrated at the men.

***

“Unnie? Where is Jang Geun Suk?” Yoo Rin asked Yunji afraid of what her unnie’s silence meant.

“They haven’t found him yet.” Yunji replied

Yoo Rin jumped up from the bed faster than Yunji could stop her. “Ya! Yoo Rin! Where the hell are you going?” Yunji was amazed at how the girl she considers baby girl has grown to be so single minded.

“To find him myself.”Yoo Rin replied but did not stop running.

“What? Stop! Yaaa! Han Yoo Rin! Yaaa!” Yunji yelled running after Yoo Rin.

Yoo Rin was outside Grey Manor trying to get her bearing. Yoo Rin felt herself falter slightly. She was still dizzy. Yunji grabbed Yoo Rin’s arm before she could start moving.

“Yaaa! What’s the matter with you? You almost drowned. I saved you. This running around like a crazy person is not an appriciation for my efforts.”Yunji said keeping her grip on Yoo Rin’s arms.

“Unnie! I have to find him! He came after me. ME! It’s my fault he’s missing. Yunji unnie! Let go!” Yoo Rin replied desperately.

“The entire island is out looking for Jang Geun Suk sweetie. They’ll find him.” Yunji assured Yoo Rin then added “You almost drowned. You need to rest.” Yunji added pulling Yoo Rin back inside the house.

Yoo Rin pulled away from her grasp. Yunji grabbed Yoo Rin by the waist and didn’t let go. “Please. Please unnie let me go. I have to find him.”Yoo Rin said sobbing.

Yunji let go of Yoo Rin’s waist, but kept hold of Yoo Rin’s arm. “Eehh? Han Yoo Rin, don’t tell me you LIKE this boy?.” Yunji stated in wonder. Yunji has known Yoo Rin since she was 11. This was the first time she ever cried about a boy.

“Unnie…”Yoo Rin said uncertain at what to say.

“You have to admit it to yourself sweetie. I haven’t seen you in 2 years, but I know you. You don’t usually panic like this about someone you don’t care about.” Yunji said watching at Yoo Rin closely.

“Yunji unnie. You have to help me. Please. I can’t…I can’t lose him.” Yoo Rin said then she gasped. Did I say that out loud? Yoo Rin wondered blinking.

“Oh, baby girl! I am so happy for you!” Yunji said hugging Yoo Rin tight. In a way Yunji was relieved. Yoo Rin was such a one tracked mind kind of kid. It was always Shin Hoon and medicine in her agenda. Yunji is glad Yoo Rin finally let herself fall in love.

“Unnie!!! “Yoo Rin yelled in frustration pulling on Yunji’s sleeve. Yunji nodded, now was not the time to be all ecstatic specially when the guy in question is lost or probably drowned. Scratch that. No need to panic Yoo Rin than she already is.

“Ok! ok. Don’t panic. We’ll find him.” Yunji assured Yoo Rin then with their hands clasped together hiked down to the bottom of the falls.
***

Geun Suk regained consciousness slowly he was exhausted. He must remember to tell his harabeoji NOT to keep the falls running on a cycle basis. Geun Suk was lucky enough to slip inside the caves within the falls. He was too tired to move but then he remembered, Yoo Rin, she can’t swim. He tires to get up again, he fails instead Geun Suk crawls out of the cave.

***
Yunji held Yoo Rin by her coat collar, away from the water. “Baby girl, you are killing me. I don’t want to come after you again. I’ll knock you unconscious first.” Yunji threatened.

“Unnie. I still see the choppers hovering. They haven’t found him yet.” Yoo Rin replied worried.

Yunji has decided that she should knock Yoo Rin unconscious when…

“Oy! Ya! YOO RIN! What the hell are you doing up?!Do you want to die by my hand?” Bong-hyung yelled angrily striding towards them with Lee Jun following behind. Bong-hyung stopped short his mouth gapping open.

“Ohhh. Whoa!”Bong-hyung stammered eyes shocked and a bit afraid.

“Hello lover.” Yunji said pleasantly, throwing her boot hitting Bong-hyung square in the face making him fall on his back.

“Oh no. Not the witch!” Bong-hyung said groaning. He didn’t attempt to get up.

Yunji bent down to look down to glare at him.

Boong-hyung sat up but did not get up. “Noona, long time no see.” He said trying to act cool.

“You want to get up?” Yunji asked folding her arms in front of her.

“I’m fine where I am thanks.” Bong-hyung replied carefully.

“Ya! They seem close.”Lee Jun said to Yoo Rin.

“They used to go out.” Yoo Rin replied.

Lee Jun stared at Yoo Rin eyes wide with disbelief. "You're kidding!"

“Long story.” Yoo Rin replied