ARGUEMENT

I Will Make You Love Me

Geun Suk stood behind Yoo Rin staring at the door monitor. It was Shin. Geun Suk made a frustrated angry face. This guy, knowing that Yoo Rin would be home alone had the tenacity to come here.

Geun Suk glanced at Yoo Rin trying to gage her reaction. He gave an involuntary grin seeing her distracted look and flushed cheeks. So, he wasn’t the only one affected. From her school bag, Yoo Rin’s phone started ringing. In the monitor they could see Shin with his phone in his ear.

“Ehhh!” Yoo Rin remarked taking out the phone from her bag.

“Don’t answer it.”Geun Suk whispered

Yoo Rin shook her head at him. “Ya! He’s heard the mobile. He knows I’m here.” Yoo Rin explained. “Yoboseyo?”

“Yoo Rin! Are you ok? You were not answering.” Shin said smiling.

Geun Suk wanted to smack the smug smile off fake Shin’s face. Yoo Rin put her hand on her lip and motioned Geun Suk to be quiet.

“I’m alright. I was in the kitchen preparing dinner.” Yoo Rin replied.

Geun Suk made a face at her. “Yeah, right.”Geun Suk said snidely. Yoo Rin slapped him in the arm and warned him with her eyes to be quiet.

“Can I come in? I bought cookies.”Shin said lifting the bag he held towards the monitor.

“Cookies?” Yoo Rin said brightly

Geun Suk wanted to open the door right there and then to beat this fake Shin to a pulp, using Yoo Rin’s weakness for cookies. Geun Suk shook his head at Yoo Rin and blocking the front door.

Yoo Rin placed a finger to her lip and gestured Geun Suk to be quiet.

“Yoboseyo? Yoo Rin? Yoboseyo?” Shin said looking worried Geun Suk and Yoo Rin are still arguing without speaking. Geun Suk made to grab the mobile, Yoo Rin was not going to let go both of them ended up on the floor with Yoo Rin on her back looking up at Geun Suk wide eyed.

“Yoboseyo? Ya! Yoo Rin? Are you ok? I heard a thud.” Shin was now pounding on the apartment door.

Yoo Rin shook her head to clear it then pushed Geun Suk away from her to get up.

Geun Suk slammed his hand on the floor in frustration and clenched his hands as if imagining impostor Shin’s neck.

“Shhh…” Yoo Rin said then she pointed to the door to the kitchen and gestured him to go there.

Geun Suk shook his head annoyed that she would even consider letting Shin in the apartment.

Yoo Rin rolled her eyes and then closed the phone then pressed the monitor’s call back. “Yoboseyo Shin. Annyong. I’ll be with you in a second. The place is a mess I just have to put some stuff away.”

“Ok.”

Yoo Rin then grabbed Geun Suk’s arm and pulled him towards her brother’s room. Geun Suk is surprised. She was strong enough to drag him by the arm. He resisted but not much, maybe it’s the lavender in her hair or the feel of her hand on his arm but whatever it, he just found himself in Bong-hyung’s room.

“Ya! Keep quiet. It’s bad enough you’re here. Now I have to deal with him.” Yoo Rin stated pointing at the door. She looked stressed.

“I’ll keep to myself but one wrong move by that guy…”Geun Suk slammed his fist in his hand with emphasis.

“Yes. Yes. I am grateful. Now keep quiet!” Yoo Rin said putting a silencing finger on his lips. Then closed the door behind her.

Geun Suk touches his lip where her finger rested. It seems she isn’t appalled about touching him now. Progress. But fake Shin is currently getting him his nerves. Geun Suk opened the door a crack and saw that Yoo Rin gesturing for Shin to sit down.

“Ya! Aren’t you afraid of being at home all by yourself? “ Shin asked taking his coat off and putting it in the chair next to him.

Geun Suk’s eyes narrowed “The jerk thinks he’s staying.”

“Would you like a soda?” Yoo Rin offered ignoring the coat Shin put down.

“Yes. Please.” Shin said smiling happily. “Ah, I know you like cookies. Chocolate chip?”

“Kamsahamnida” Yoo Rin said giving Shin a soda in can. Yoo Rin sat on the couch net to Shin. Geun Suk swore under his breath. Wondering why she would choose to sit next to Shin.

“Guess who I met a while ago.” Yoo Rin said cheerfully. Geun Suk eyebrow went up.

“Eh? Who?” Shin asked taking a slip of soda.

“Your yoja chingu, girlfriend, Ki-won.” Yoo Rin stated staring at Shin for his reaction.

Shin choaked on his soda. Yoo Rin gave him a napkin. “She said she wanted to kill me for taking you away from her.”

“What?! Ki-won? She…she came to find you?”Shin asked shocked. His eyebrows furrowed.

“Apparently one of her friends saw us.” Yoo Rin said calmly

“Mianhe, Yoo Rin. She shouldn’t have come after you.” Shin said looking angry.

“It doesn’t really matter.” Yoo Rin replied

“Deh? It doesn’t?” Shin asked puzzled

Geun Suk felt puzzled and apprehensive. It doesn’t matter if Shin has a girlfriend? Yoo Rin likes him that much?! This will not do!

“Of course it doesn’t, but you have to call her Shin, explain to her that we’re friends. It’s not cool that you’re going to make her think you’re a player when the Shin I know is clearly not that kind of person.” Yoo Rin said tilting her head to one side

Shin was speechless. Geun Suk grinned. Yoo Rin is goes straight to the point.

“Ah…Yoo Rin…”

“Why don’t you give her a call now? If you’re having problems, it would be best if your talk about it.” Yoo Rin suggested handing the cordless phone to Shin.

Geun Suk suppressed a laugh. Yoo Rin was now giving relationship advice.

“Yoo Rin there’s a big misunderstanding.” Shin said smiling at Yoo Rin amused

“Really?” Yoo Rin said surprised. Geun Suk mentally willed Yoo Rin not to buy whatever the fake Shin was saying. Yoo Rin stared at Shin speculatively. Geun Suk wanted to step out of Bong-hyung’s room and give Shin a fat lip.

“Ki-won, she goes to that all girl school. I met her once. I am not interested in her. Yoo Rin. The only girl I am interested in is you.” Shin said grabbing Yoo Rin by the shoulders. Yoo Rin stared at Shin in shock and disbelief.

Silence.

Geun Suk slammed his hand violently on Bong-hyung’s door.

“What was that?”Shin asked Yoo Rin’s eyes widen. Geun Suk wouldn’t…

Yoo Rin’s mobile started ringing. Yoo Rin gave Shin an apologetic smile. “Yoboseyo?”

“Ya! Why are you even talking to him? Why is he even touching you?” Geun Suk asked in full view behind Bong-hyung’s door.

Yoo Rin turned her back at Shin and closed her eyes. Aigoo! Things were not complicated enough? “Ya! Stop yelling at me.”Yoo Rin said with clenched teeth.

“Get rid of lover boy or I will!” Geun Suk threatened

“Ya! Stop yelling at me!”

“Yoo Rin? Who is it?” Shin asked standing behind Yoo Rin. Yoo Rin snapped the mobile shut.

“Ah…it’s my oppa! He was wondering why I wasn’t asleep yet.” Yoo Rin said inwardly groaning.

“Your oppa?”

“Yeah, that guy has eyes everywhere. You better go.”Yoo Rin replied tossing his coat at him.

“Yoo Rin…about Ki-won-“ Shin started but Yoo Rin was pushing him out the door.

“Ya! Don’t worry about it. Talk to you later.”Yoo Rin said slamming the door in his face. Yoo Rin leaned against the door.

“Ya! Don’t tell me you buy all the lies he’s been telling you?” Geun Suk asked coming out of Bong-hyung's room.

So it’s not over. “Ya! Why do you keep yelling at me?” Yoo Rin asked defensively

Geun Suk put his open palm on the door pane near Yoo Rin’s head. Yoo Rin tried to move to the other side but Geun Suk rested his palms there as well effectively trapping Yoo Rin.

Geun Suk leaned in his face almost touching hers. “You don’t get it? He’s a player and liar.”

Yoo Rin did not back down she stared back “Ya! Shin is my friend. I would believe in him. That’s what friends do.”

Geun Suk stared at Yoo Rin frustrated. “Ya! Don’t tell me you’re sunbak'an (naive) enough to believe all that bull.”

Yoo Rin gave a yell “Don’t call me naive!” then elbowed Geun Suk on the ribs. Geun Suk doubled over clutching his ribs.

“Ya! I’m going to sleep. I don’t want to hear a word out of you.”Yoo Rin said entering her room and slamming the door as hard as she could behind her.

Geun Suk winced as the door slammed. He wanted badly to yell, that guy is not the Shin you know. I’m Shin! Me! Me! But looking at her now, she would only laugh at his face and call Him a liar or if she believed him start to hate him for lying to her all this time.