RIDE

I Will Make You Love Me

Bong-hyung was worried about his sister. She is 5 hours late. And based on what the Twins told him, Jang Geun Suk has made it a point to monopolize Yoo Rin’s entire day. For Bong-hyung it wasn’t really a good or bad thing that a guy was taking interest in his sister. Just that she doesn’t usually come home this late, date or not. Bong-hyung heard voices outside. He saw his sister being carried piggy back by Jang Geun Suk. He was arguing with another guy. Yoo Rin looked unconscious. Bong-hyung went to his room to get his favorite practice bat.

“Ya! Yoo Rin is mine. Give her to me.” The tall wavy haired guy demanded reaching for Yoo Rin. Geun Suk backed away

“Yoo Rin is not yours.” Geun Suk stated switching his hold on Yoo Rin to carry her the usual way instead. “If anything she’s mine.” Geun Suk added possessively.

“Actually…” Bong-hyung said making himself known to the arguing guys. Bong-hyung tossed the 15 pound metal bat from hand to hand as he studied the two. “ No one OWNS her. She’s MY sister after all.”

Geun Suk swallowed and bowed politely. “Sunnbae. Good evening.”

“Hyungnim! I’m so glad you’re here.” Shin stated.

Bong-hyung spun the bat around like a sword with one hand then pointed it at Shin. “You, quiet. I don’t know you. When did I become your Hyungnim?” Shin closed his mouth abruptly. Bong-hyung then pointed the bat at Geun Suk. “You, I do know. What did you do to my sister? And don’t lie. The Twins told me everything.”

Geun Suk, with Yoo Rin still in his arms apologized. “Mianhaeyo. Sunbea. Mianhaeyo. I’m to blame. Please don’t punish Yoo Rin.” 

Bong-hyung placed the bat on his neck and hung his long muscled arms around it and stared at Geun Suk with interest. “What makes you think I would punish Yoo Rin?” 

“You usually do.” Geun Suk murmured reluctantly.

“Interesting…”Bong-hyung said almost to himself and he put down the metal bat.

Geun Suk wanted to slap his forehead. Bong-hyung had too much perspective. If he wasn’t careful he’d be found out. Bong-hyung then reached out to take Yoo Rin away from Geun Suk. Geun Suk reluctantly passed the sleeping Yoo Rin to her oppa.

Bong-hyung shook his head as he cradled his sister. “Ya! This kid. She’ll sleep through an earthquake.” Bong-hyung said then his eyes went to Yoo Rin’s hands. Bong-hyung glanced at Geun Suk in question.

Geun Suk apologized yet again. “Mianhaeyo. Sunnbae.”

Bong-hyung studied Geun Suk’s face. “Ya! She got into a fight but not with you. Where were you?” Bong-hyung accused. From what he observed Jang Geun Suk seems very concern about his sister to the point that he’d lie to protect her.

Shin -in before Geun Suk could reply. “Yoo Rin was with me, then I lost her. Mianhaeyo, Hyungnim. ”

“Stop calling me Hyungnim! I don’t even know who you are.” Bong-hyung replied annoyed.

“Hyungnim. It’s Park Shin Hoon.”

“Eh? Shin Hoon?”Bong-hyung looked at Shin from the top of his head up to his shoes. “You’re not Park Shin Hoon.” Bong-hyung concluded.

Geun Suk looked at Bong-hyung. Yoo Rin’s oppa was too observant. He grinned relived.

“Hyung-“ Shin started to say but Bong-hyung glared at him. “Ammm…I am Shin Hoon.” Shin insisted.

Bong-hyung shook his head at Shin. “You look like bad news. Stay away from my sister.”

“But-“Shin started to say but Bong-hyung ignored him.

Bong-hyung has turned to Geun Suk. “Ya! You pick up the bat then come inside.” Bong-hyung said and with Yoo Rin in his arms went inside the building.

--------------------
“Deh? You want me to do what?” Geun Suk asked Bong-hyung choking on the soda Bong-hyung gave him a while ago spilling it all over the countertop.

They were sitting in the kitchen. Bong-hyung calmly wiped the countertop. “I want you to stay with my sister for the weekend.”

There it was again. It sounded like Yoo Rin’s oppa asked him to stay with Yoo Rin FOR THE WEEKEND?! No no, he’s probably hallucinating. Geun Suk thought shaking his head to clear it.

“You said you’d take Yoo Rin’s punishment.” Bong-hyung stated.

Geun Suk nodded. “Perfect. My parents are on a business trip they won’t be back until Tuesday, I have to go to a kendo match tomorrow and will be back on Sunday evening. I don’t like leaving my sister alone in the apartment by herself.” Boing-hyung explained.

The whole weekend with Yoo Rin, something her own brother thought of. What gives?! Geun Suk wondered.

“Sunbae, wouldn’t it be better to take her with you when you go on your kendo match?” Geun Suk suggested gallantly

“I could do that but it wouldn’t be fair to the other team. Yoo Rin would insist on participating and there would be a whole lot of fist fights and injuries in her wake and I just can’t deal.” Bong-hyung said pulling on his hair and recalling the last kendo event he took Yoo Rin to.

“She went with you before?”Geun Suk asked tentatively.

“If you can’t, I’ll just have her stay with the Twins for the weekend.” Bong-hyung said slyly taking out his mobile.

“Andwea! No way!” Geun Suk said standing up.

Bong-hyung closed his mobile folded his arms in front of him and eyed Geun Suk critically. “You have a thing for my sister, don’t you?”

“Eh? I..I.. Yes. I like Yoo Rin.” Geun Suk admitted reluctantly and cursed himself for telling Yoo Rin’s brother first.

“Aigoo! You and ever other guy I meet has a thing for my sister.” Bong-hyung said patting Geun Suk on the cheek. “If you weren’t interested I would think there was really something was wrong with you. Since I heard you make it a point to sit by her.”

Geun Suk winced he was lumped in that a group, guy whom Yoo Rin don’t take seriously. “Sunbae. About this weekend…Do you think Yoo Rin would agree?”

Bong-hyung shrugged his shoulders. “Who knows what goes on that kid’s head? Don’t worry. She’s MY kid sister. She’d so whatever I say.” Bong-hyung said confidently. Took the house keys from his pocket and gave them to Geun Suk.

--------------------------------
Yoo Rin road to school with the Twins, it took all her effort to get them to speak to her again. She also had to promise to tell them EVERYTHING. Now they walked home together planning the weekend activity sailing or perhaps a trip to the zoo. Geun Suk was nowhere in site. Yoo Rin felt things were just getting back to normal when a voice called her name.

“Han Yoo Rin!”

Yoo Rin glanced behind her puzzled. The Twins pointed at Shin who was leaning against a large motorbike. Yoo Rin broke in to big smile. What a powerful looking machine! She thought.

“Shin! What are you doing here?” Yoo Rin asked eying the bike. The Twins trailing behind her reluctantly Yoo Rin eyed the bike. Ever since she saw the anime series GTO or Great Teacher Onizuka she wanted to ride one. Shin’s bike was a Ducatti and it was glossy black. Yoo Rin couldn’t keep her eyes off it.

“I wanted to see you.” Shin said giving the Twins a wave. The neither of the Twins looked happy to see him but Hon made an effort to wave at Shin.

A lot of girls from her year lingered where they were. At first Yoo Rin thought it was because of the Twins but she realized it’s because of Shin.

“Who’s the hot guy with Han Yoo Rin?”

“Does he go here?”

“He looks older.”

Yoo Rin also noticed a lot of the female students had their phones out. Yoo Rin rolled her eyes in disgust.

“Want to go for a ride?” Shin asked Yoo Rin

“Ya! I thought she was dating Jang Geun Suk.” Someone murmured in surprise.

“Ya! That must be Park Shin Hoon!”

Simultaneous “Ahhh” were heard. Yoo Rin made a face and turned to the Twins. “I’ll talk to you guys later.”

“Bong-hyung won’t be home for the weekend are you sure you’ll be alright by yourself?” Hon asked Yoo Rin concerned.

“What am I, a 7 year old? I’ll be fine.” Yoo Rin assured them.

“We’re only a few blocks away if you wants us to come over and keep you company.” Jan offered.

Yoo Rin gave Jan a ruthful smile, things are back to normal “I know, I’ll call.” 

The Twins gave Shin and Yoo Rin a wave good-bye. They were soon surrounded by most of the female population in the school.

“So, You want a ride?” Shin offered again.

A Duccatti bike. It would be such a shame to turn down such an offer. Yoo Rin nodded.

Geun Suk watched as Yoo Rin climbed on the bike and disappears before his eyes.