PRESSURE

I Will Make You Love Me

Yoo Rin left the room the Twins prepared for Eun Hye, Popi and herself. She just could seem to sleep. She went back to the den and sat on the floor with her back to the couch. She couldn’t stop thinking or rather worrying about Jan. It was funny. She never cared much about how the fellow who declared his affections for her felt when she gave them the axe. But this was Lee Jan. Yoo Rin wondered if she’s been blind everything that’s been going on around her, too preoccupied with her own problems. Has she been selfish? Yoo Rin sighed.

“You’re still awake.” Geun Suk said looking down at Yoo Rin from the other side of the couch.

Yoo Rin started tried to calm her heart. “Ya! Jang Geun Suk. You scared the hell out of me.”

Geun Suk sat down beside Yoo Rin on the carpeted floor. “Can’t sleep?”

Yoo Rin shurgged. Geun Suk gave her a pat on the head. Yoo Rin shook him off. “Ya! When did I become your pet?”

Geun Suk cleared his throat. He was trying to figure out the best way to comfort her as usual she refuses.

“When did you realize it?” Geun Suk asked curiously. Yoo Rin gave him a puzzled glance. “When did you realize Shin wasn’t the Shin Hoon you knew?”

Yoo Rin grinned. “We had ice cream. He ordered chocolate.”

“Ah.” Geun Suk nodded.

“Ya! What was that AH for?” Yoo Rin asked then she nodded. “Ah, I guess you’ve been around me long enough to know I have strange quirks.”

Geun Suk nodded and under his breath said “Longer than you’ll ever know.”

“Deh?”

Geun Suk gave a weak smile.

“Oh yeah, I’ve been wondering. How come you know?” Yoo Rin asked

“Deh?” Geun Suk said a bit panicked

“How do YOU know he’s not the real Park Shin Hoon?”Yoo Rin asked

Geun Suk was in a bind. Do I tell her everything now? He wondered to himself. But knowing Yoo Rin’s temper and what happened with Lee Jan. This was not the right time for confessions.

“Geun Suk?” Yoo Rin tapped him on the shoulder.

Geun Suk made a face. “Ah…you remember Ki-won? I found out his name is actually Min Shin Kai, he’s a collage freshman.”

“I thought as much.” Yoo Rin replied thoughtfully. “Then he’s actually Shin Kai oppa.”

“Escro! Andwea! Why are you calling him "oppa"?” Geun Suk said suddenly. Why would you treat him with respect when he lied to you? Who knows why he’s even pretending to be Shin? ”Geun Suk felt completely annoyed at the thought of Yoo Rin calling Shin Kai oppa.

“Ya! Why are you yelling at me? You’re always angry at the strangest things.”Yoo Rin said making a face at Geun Suk.

Geun Suk stared at Yoo Rin disappointed. Yoo Rin looked back blankly.

Geun Suk started knocking the top of Yoo Rin’s head lightly with a fist. “Aigoo! Ya! Ya! Yoboseyo? Yoboseyo? Is anyone in there?!”

Yoo Rin pushed his hands away frowning and touching her head. “Why is everyone hitting me on the head today?” Yoo Rin complained

Geun Suk for want of something to do, he started working on the display they were going to put up. “Who are you more worried about Shin or Lee Jan?

“What?”

“You can’t sleep. It must be because of one of them.”Geun Suk pointed out not looking at Yoo Rin.

“Ya! Jang Geun Suk! It’s-“the Yoo Rin paused. “Actually, I’m worried about myself.”

Geun Suk stared at Yoo Rin eyes narrowing. “Ya! Don’t tell me you decided to accept that stupid offer from the vice-principal?”

“It‘s not such a bad offer. What’s a date anyway?” Yoo Rin replied

“Ya! Han Yoo Rin!”Geun Suk yelled

Yoo Rin hit him on the shoulder to silence him. “Ya! Stop yelling at me! My ears are ringing. Ya! What’s the matter with you?”

You! You, are what’s the matter with me! Geun Suk wanted to yell but bit his tongue.

“Ya! Why are you still here?” Yoo Rin asked curiously

“I’m here because you are.”Geun Suk replied

“Deh?”

Geun Suk sighed. He has to spell everything out for her. “I don’t want you to be alone. That is…ah, in case it gets dark suddenly.” Geun Suk said blowing his head embarrassed.

Yoo Rin stared at Geun Suk uncharacteristically touched “Geun Suk.”

“Ya! Since we’re both awake, why don’t we finish this up?” Geun Suk said pulling up the materials. Yoo Rin nodded.

-----------------

Yoo Rin couldn’t feel her legs. What gives? Yoo Rin opened her eyes to find herself sitting on the floor of the Twin’s den leaning on the couch. She gasped. Geun Suk slept with his head on her lap. No wonder she couldn’t feel he legs. Yoo Rin’s first impulse was to get up but Geun Suk was hugging her knees.

“Geun Suk? Ya?” Yoo Rin started tapping Geun Suk shoulder but stopped. Tilting her head on one side Yoo Rin studied Geun Suk’s face. "Tss! This guy looks very cute when he's asleep. It's a wonder he turns into such a menace when he's a awake." Yoo Rin said out loud.

Geun Suk wasn’t asleep. He felt Yoo Rin’s movement and he kept his eyes close unwilling to end this time with her.

“Geun Suk?” Yoo Rin said softly passing her hand in front of Geun Suk’s face. “Still asleep?” Yoo Rin said aloud the poked Geun Suk on the shoulder. Yoo Rin’s legs were numb and she wanted to get up. Yoo Rin bent her head close to Geun Suk’s face to listen to his breathing.

It took all Geun Suk’s self control not to move. Yoo Rin raised her face a few inches away from his. “Ts! Ya! Why are you still asleep?” Yoo Rin started pinching her thigh. “Your head’s heavy. I can’t feel my legs.” Yoo Rin then laid her hand on Geun Suk’s chest. His heart was beating fast. Was he having a bad dream? Yoo Rin wondered. “Ya! Jang Geun Suk? Are you alright?” Yoo Rin wondered why he still wasn’t moving.

Geun Suk stayed still, His heart was pounding at the touch of her small warm hand as he savored Yoo Rin's worried tone. The smell of lavender became over powering then a slight pain on his shoulder. Geun Suk sat up groaning. “Ya! You bit me!”Geun Suk said eyes wide in shock.

Yoo Rin stuck her tongue at him. “You were awake all along. Why pretend you weren’t? Babo! My legs feel all numb!” Yoo Rin complained rubbing her legs.

Geun Suk rubbed his shoulder tracing Yoo Rin’s teeth mark and smiling slightly. Has she gotten used to him enough to get that intimate? “Ya! You’ve in fallen in love with me.”

“Wha- what?”Yoo Rin asked sputtering.

Geun Suk moved his face closer to Yoo Rin’s. “You've fallen in love with me and juts won't admit it."

“Deh? Ts!" Yoo Rin started snapping her fingers infront of Geun Suk's face. "You seem awake. Ya! What are you talking about?”Yoo Rin said pushing Geun Suk’s shoulder so he wouldn’t loom over her.

Geun Suk now had his face inches from Yoo Rin's he grinned from ear to ear " You had your hands all over me. You even took a love bite.” Yoo Rin stared at him wide eyed her heart pounding. She had her back against the couch and nowhere to go.

“Ohhh. Are you guys kissing?” Popi said gleefully.

Yoo Rin thankful of Popi for interrupting. Pushed Geun Suk roughly then stood up, her knees shaking. “Ya! Watch it! No one is kissing!”Yoo Rin said hotly. “Aigoo! My legs hurt!” Then she walked gingerly away mumbling to herself.

“If you’re really not going out, how come she hasn’t kicked you yet?” Popi wondered out loud.

Geun Suk smiled. Popi had a point.

-----------------------------

Yoo Rin shook her head to clear it. Yoo Rin wiped the sweat from her brow with a shaking hand. She wondered how she got into this in the first place. Would going out with the treasure hunt winner be so bad? At this moment at this time, a date didn't sound so bad.

*** day before…

Yoo Rin dressed in her most comfortable blue jeans, rattiest top and stood in front of the University field entrance. The field was covered to day because of the maze. This is where the treasure hunt was going to be. Every year they change location and the organizers are usual former winners it changes from year to year.

“Ya! You’re here.” Shin Kai said smiling.

“Shin!” Yoo Rin squeaked surprised.

“Ya! Han Yoo Rin long time no see.” Hong Kim Ra said smiling at Yoo Rin

Hong Kim Ra was here too?

“Ya! When is this thing going to start?” Gyol, Ki-won’s brother asked

Ehhh? Yoo Rin said mentally her eyes widening. She also spotted 2 former classmates from middle school and Chen-ma. What the hell?! Guys she's met were sproating like mushrooms. There were at least 100 people there. Will they all be participating? This was bad. Yoo Rin suddenly felt the pressure of what she had to do.

“Oy! This is turning out to be a regular reunion of all your guys.” Hon joked loudly. Jan slapped him at the back of his head to shut him up. Jan gave Yoo Rin a thumbs up. Geun Suk is there as well. He gave her a wink.

Yoo Rin had groaned. She had not anticipated this. Chen Yul, the devious twerp! What did he do placed an ad? Posted the news on the school blog? Then the large screen monitor’s lights came on. Words flashed on the screen.

WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL HIBISCUS SYRIACUS L. ACADEMY TREASURE HUNT!

A familiar voice from the loud speaker sounded.

V.O.: "Welcome Participants to the Annual Hibiscus Syriacu L. Academy Treasure Hunt....This year we have a special prize that comes with the title of Treasure Hunt bad . This year, my little sister Han Yoo Rin will be a part of the prize.”

Cheers and clapping from the crowd.

“Deh?!!! Bong-hyung?” Yoo Rin was shocked and she wanted to kill her oppa! Yoo Rin clenched her fist and strode inside.